Limp mode problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limp mode problem

HHeyy guys im new to the acura community and im having a very seriouse problem with my car....i have a 2004 acura tl a-spec and it reads code u0107 - lost communication with throttle actuator control module....i changed the throttle control module but it does the same thing and code still will not reset....it starts and runs perfectly fine but does not rev over 1500 - 1900 rpm maximum in any gear and the vss light is on.....i parked the car and it sat in my driveway for about 2 months...b4 i parked it it didnt have this problem...once i started it and tried to move it it started having this problem....
Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 AM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to do a wire trace... Sounds like pack rat/mouse damage. It could be a simple as a wire that has been chewed, I am a mechanic an honestly never suggest just throwing parts at a vehicle without a proper diagnosis, its like skipping the Dr and guessing your own health concern. Also maybe look at the connector and dumb question but did you try and clear the code already lol?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 04Redondocolorado
You need to do a wire trace... Sounds like pack rat/mouse damage. It could be a simple as a wire that has been chewed, I am a mechanic an honestly never suggest just throwing parts at a vehicle without a proper diagnosis, its like skipping the Dr and guessing your own health concern. Also maybe look at the connector and dumb question but did you try and clear the code already lol?

Heyy thanx for the advice but i already checked the wires and traced them all the way back to 2move major plugs by the drivers side amd the y are fine....and uea i did clear the codes becaise i jad 9 other ones from a froe.d of mine who was unpligging connectors tryin to fogire sttn out lol....wen i cleared them the only thing that was left the u0107 code and 2it oxygen sensor codes amd it cnt be the oxygen senaors cuz those were there from b4....u jave any other suggestions
Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I show "P"0107 as a MAP sensor problem.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:20 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Edosan
I show "P"0107 as a MAP sensor problem.
Yeah but i show code "U0107 not "P"0107
Old 11-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The problem sounds like low voltage. All the components in the start system need at least 12 volts in order to start the car properly. The code for loss of communication is probably because the throttle actuator didn't receive the proper amount of voltage in the start sequence and it was not able to communicate with the ECU, it only takes about a .25 sec loss of voltage to trigger this event. Remember that this vehicle's throttle system is fly by wire, so there are no cable connections from the peddle to the throttle body. If the ECU can not communicate with the throttle body then it can not determine the throttle position therefore the ECU can not effectively control the engine, hence why it is running rough. The O2 sensor codes are just part of the domino effect. They are triggered because they car is not running properly, and will go away once the lack of communication issue is fixed and the engine is running properly. On the plus side it means that O2 sensors are working properly.

Since you said your car was sitting for about 2 months prior to this problem, it could just very well be your battery either has gone bad or needs a deep charge. I would suggest to anyone having this issue to have your car's battery and charging system tested before anything else. Dealerships can look at the screen shot of events that took place at the time the malfunction occurred, it will let them know if low voltage was the cause.
The following users liked this post:
EM2typeflex (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Argh! I changed the app sensor, car ran good. A couple of hours later my vsa, triangle , and cel lights came back on not allowing the car to go past 2k rpm.

Checked codes and I'm getting u0107 and p2127.

This is the only helpful thread on the forum for the u0107 code which when I think about it makes sense. Because of the bad battery its not allowing enough voltage to the app sensor.

problems problems problems
Old 09-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
U0107

I'm having the same prob and have been paying car ins for 4 mts on my ONLY transportation that doesn't work bc of this.
I finally managed to locate a service manual (or part of one anyway) that lists steps to diagnose the prob and wasn't able to go any further than flooring the gas and then putting the key into the 2 position and watching if the throttle opens fully which it does and now it says to check the continuity of wires from TAC module to PCM but I'm not able to do this bc i can't get the wire harness off the module and can't even get the bolts off that hold the TAC module way up under the glove box!! the freakn cabin air filter housing is in the way along with another plastic housing that surrounds some other wiring! can anyone help me!? please!!?! how the hell do you even get the tac module out?! I'm thinking it may be the TAC module needing replacing bc I've traced all the wires and they all appear fine so i was gonna just go to this pull your part place and get another TAC module bc it'd be cheap and I'm broke but if i can't even get it off my car then there's no way id be able to get it off a car at the pull your part place!! I'm so discusted if you can't tell! i just got in from sweating 2 death trying time after time 2 get the stupid bolts off but having no luck bc of the stuff blocking the way!
Old 11-04-2019, 07:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i figured I'd update about my issue since last time i wrote about trying to replace the TAC module. well i did that.. it takes 10mm socket wrench and a lot of time bc it's up in there.. no wait just a wrench bc the socket kind wouldn't fit in that small space.. anyway, the U0107 DTC still exists plus now I'm getting a U0155 as well which is gauge control module communication prob. if the original poster sees this PLEASE tell me what the prob was!! my car was also sitting awhile before this happened but it's def not the battery bc I've gotten a new battery and keep it charged. I've had this problem with limp mode and u0107 since JUNE!! my TSX is my only transportation so I'm really having a hard time here!
Old 11-04-2019, 08:50 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
the issue with car things is; every problem will be different. you cant ask what the original poster did to fix his, because your issue might be different.

now that I've read the whole post and have read your two posts, you're going to have to follow continuity ALL the way to the two modules you speak of...

you may even get lucky and find some chewed up wires?

are you sure your battery is holding a 12.2-4 volts when the car is off?????
Old 11-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
The real problem here with asking the OP what solved their problem is.....we aren't even talking about the same cars. The OP was talking about a 3G TL, this last poster is talking about a TSX....guessing a 1G TSX based on posting history.

But with the description posted, it sounds more like there is either low/unstable voltage, or possibly water playing havoc on things.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (11-04-2019)