Left Blinker/Marker light

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left Blinker/Marker light

Hi All-

Just picked up a 2005 TL, and when I got it home I noticed that the left front blinker/marker light is not working. The Blinker works fine, but the "running light" is off, just from looking it looks like there is only one bulb in there. If the light is working for "signaling" but not "running" is there a fuse to check? Or is there actually a second bulb in there ?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:45 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Stryker908
Hi All-

Just picked up a 2005 TL, and when I got it home I noticed that the left front blinker/marker light is not working. The Blinker works fine, but the "running light" is off, just from looking it looks like there is only one bulb in there. If the light is working for "signaling" but not "running" is there a fuse to check? Or is there actually a second bulb in there ?
Replace the bulb.

They are called "Dual filament" bulbs.

You can see the dual filament part on this bulb. What happens is one of the "coil bridges" falls apart which cause that side not to work.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Replace the bulb.

They are called "Dual filament" bulbs.

You can see the dual filament part on this bulb. What happens is one of the "coil bridges" falls apart which cause that side not to work.

Thanks for the info.

Anybody got a replacement guide? From what I've seen it looks like you remove part of the wheel well liner, is that right ?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Stryker908
Thanks for the info.

Anybody got a replacement guide? From what I've seen it looks like you remove part of the wheel well liner, is that right ?
Yes that is correct. You take use a butter knife to do this job.

So because it's the left front you turn your wheel all the way to the right.
This allows you the space needed to work.

With the butter knife you pry back the plastic inner wheel lining, easy spot would be where the bumper meets the fender. You then pull and fold the liner to the side and shove your hand behind the headlight. You will feel the connector and the light bulb socket. You twist the socket to unlock from it's position on the headlight and pull back. You may not have enough room to pull the entire socket and bulb out so disconnect the plug. It shouldn't take no more than 5 mins and that's being very generous.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Yes that is correct. You take use a butter knife to do this job.

So because it's the left front you turn your wheel all the way to the right.
This allows you the space needed to work.

With the butter knife you pry back the plastic inner wheel lining, easy spot would be where the bumper meets the fender. You then pull and fold the liner to the side and shove your hand behind the headlight. You will feel the connector and the light bulb socket. You twist the socket to unlock from it's position on the headlight and pull back. You may not have enough room to pull the entire socket and bulb out so disconnect the plug. It shouldn't take no more than 5 mins and that's being very generous.

Thank you for your help-

In case anybody else stumbles across this thread with a similar question, the info can be found on page 214 of the owners manual

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...404O00211B.pdf