Just got my new 06 TL, but..

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 12:35 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my new 06 TL, but..

Finalyy purchased the 06 TL last sunday, Anthraccitte Metallic/ebony, navi.
Loving everything about the car, but i noticed that the allignment is off, and pulls to the right, going back to the dealership to get it fixed. Its annoying, any one of you had this problem?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I believe its related to your tires. Something about car sitting too long on the lot that the rubber of the tires get warped or that the tires were mounted incorrectly. Let me check the 3G TL Garage and find it. Thats a good place to start reading by the way.

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Found a good post for you to read:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=alignment

and another:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=alignment
Old 04-05-2006, 01:39 AM
10th Gear

My 06' TL that I purchased two months ago also had alignment issues. Took it to the dealer twice, but they were not able to fix it to my satisfaction. The SA gave me some cock and bull story about torque steer. The dealer mechanic I also spoke to really wasn't much help either and said that it was just how the car was designed(BULLSHIT!). I ended up taking it to another shop that had done work on my Audi. I waited until I put my A-spec dampers on and then a week later took it to him for the alignment. After he completed the alignment the car tracked nice and straight. Even reduced the torque steer I had felt when accelerating heavily. Both places have the Hunter digital alignment rack, but the mechanic at the dealership apparently didn't know how to use. The independent mechanic that did fix the alignment had 30 years of experience and fixed it in under an hour.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:16 AM
9th Gear

Thanks for the info, im getting an appointment with the dealerships.to get it serviced.
CAnt wait till my baby is 100%..its juss so annoying when it dont track straight.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:58 AM
New and Improved!

It depends on how much it is off? Is it really pulling, or just a slight drift. Most all cars will gradually drift to the right depending on the crown of the road, which generally slopes down to the right. I drive a few roads you would swear are level, but sure enough steering has to adjust to compensate.

But it seems like any FWD car I have owned has never been perfectly aligned, steering centered or if they were, it did not stay perfect for long.

Have you tried gradual braking to see if it pulls the steering wheel off center? With your TL being new, likley your brakes are fine, so it may reveal an alignment issue. Also, check your tire air pressure....don't assume it was correct from delivery. That could appear as an alignment issue.

If that does not work, it could be the tires, or an actual alignment issue and needs to be addressed by the dealer. Do some homework to narrow the possible causes and the dealer should address your concerns regardless of the cause.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Burning Brakes

My car did the same, and it still did the same after I had my a-spec suspension installed at the dealer and an alignment done. It is so slight, that I've learned to live with it. This is my first non-awd car, and was definitely a new driving experience. I noticed my pull largely dependant on the road I was driving on. Sometimes I would test it, and it would pull other times it would track dead on. It definitely pulls when I hit the gas, but I blame that on the fwd and the LSD.

Trending Topics

Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Brake dust is a badge

I just got the same car you did 06 TL 6MT with nav and HPT, anthracite/ebony. I noticed that my alignment is off a little too. Didn't really think much of it cuz I thought it was the slope of the street or something. Let me know how your service goes. I might have to take mine in as well.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,149 Likes on 775 Posts
Tire pressure?

Originally Posted by OGkush
Finalyy purchased the 06 TL last sunday...the allignment is off, and pulls to the right...
My apologies if you have already done this, but you may want to confirm that the tire pressures are correct. A variance between front tire pressures will result in a pull. A couple of the vehicles I brought home from new car dealers had tire pressures wildly off (more than 5 lbs, and inconsistent tire-to-tire), and others were pretty close to recommended pressure, including my TL.
Rental cars are even worse, so I try to check tire pressures ASAP after getting any car that I will have for more than a day if a tire gauge is available.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:45 PM
9th Gear

I brought in today in the morning and went to work. They cross-rotated my tires and now is running straight and smooth, also i complained about the rattling on my back plate. they took it all off and put some tape or something, but now is rattle free

Finally i can enjoy my new TL with no distraction. (already put like 800 miles in one week..ouch)
Old 04-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OGkush
Finalyy purchased the 06 TL last sunday, Anthraccitte Metallic/ebony, navi.
Loving everything about the car, but i noticed that the allignment is off, and pulls to the right, going back to the dealership to get it fixed. Its annoying, any one of you had this problem?

Thanks
Yes, we had the same problem on our 06 TL that we purchased on 4-4-06. Went back and they corrected it. No problem now.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:07 AM
Cruisin'

Mine is also brand new and pulling to the left. I haven't had the chance but plan on taking it in to the dealership in another week.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:09 PM
4th Gear

try to rotate the tires. thanks me later