Irritating problems! HELP ):

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts
Unhappy Irritating problems! HELP ):

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read this post to help me Long story short, had an install day with a couple buddies of mine last Saturday. Planned on having 3 things installed on my car, only 1/3 actually worked out, so I decided to post in the Problems section. I also have 2 other problems I'd like some help on as well since I've been too lazy to ask about them.

1st Problem: I just purchased by TL-S this January *Private Owned, not from a Dealership* and when I went to check out the car I never noticed the lift on the left side of the hood (in car view, not outside). I first noticed it about a week or 2 after while pulling on to my drive way and I was like "wtf is that?" So I've always wanted to get it fixed but I've been ignoring it ever since because it isn't a MAJOR issue. Just irritates me when I look @ it

My friends and I have looked under the hood to see any blemishes if maybe somebody left a tool under the hood and then accidently closed it, that didn't seem to be it. Here are some pictures. ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFUL

2nd Problem: I've had a problem with my right side mirror turn light having water getting inside or it seems to be the turn signal looking moist 24/7. I could not find any scans or DIY of how to remove the mirror to get inside. Ive taken a look at one DIY about switching to 07-08 Miror swap but that didn't get me anywhere. I pretty much just need directions to safely take apart the mirror to get inside, any ideas or advice would be greatful as well No pictures, but could get some if needed.

3rd Problem: I purchased Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500K 9005/HB3 bulbs for my DRLs and tried installing them last Saturday, as mentioned above, and failed. For some reason these bulbs would not click in. We were at this forever! I know I got the correct bulbs because of the post from AZ and I also checked the bulb on Sylvania Lamp Replacement Guide. After attempting to click it in for who knows how long, we tested if we were doing it right by putting the stock ones back in and those clicked in smoothly. So we know that we weren't putting the bulb in incorrectly. We even put them side by side and they were nearly identical! Has anyone else had this problem with Nokya bulbs? Here is a picture of the Nokya's I purchased. ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFUL AS WELL

If anyone could help out, that would be very much appreciated (: Any input is fine!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for the 1st issue, since from the picture, it looks like the whole hood is raised, i suspect it has something to do with the hinge adjustment. The reason i think so is because i was being rear ended and then hit the car in front of me, after several times of of fixes by the best body shop in town, it's still a little off, may be about 2-3 mm from side to side. Not as obvious as yours though, yeah definitely check the hinge, it seems an easy job to fix (well it is simple), but takes lots of time to trial and error.

For other issues, i have a 05, so no mirror signal nor DRL, can't help, sorry.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lemonade
for the 1st issue, since from the picture, it looks like the whole hood is raised, i suspect it has something to do with the hinge adjustment. The reason i think so is because i was being rear ended and then hit the car in front of me, after several times of of fixes by the best body shop in town, it's still a little off, may be about 2-3 mm from side to side. Not as obvious as yours though, yeah definitely check the hinge, it seems an easy job to fix (well it is simple), but takes lots of time to trial and error.

For other issues, i have a 05, so no mirror signal nor DRL, can't help, sorry.
Thanks for your response! Yeah, thats what my friend suggested we should do but he said post on AZ to see what you guys have to say first Thanks again!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Anyone else?

Thank you in advance!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Back From The dead

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
As far as te Nokya's are concerned, consider yourself lucky you didn't get them in. If they are similar in quality to their 6000k's, you don't want them. Mine failed in less than 250 hrs. Both failed within 5 hours of each other...in the middle of a snowstorm...10 hours from home...at 8:45 at night. Maybe I was just lucky, but both within such a short time?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:21 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Regarding problem #2, there are one or two members here who've taken this apart. Hopefully they see this and chime in.

Regarding problem #3, maybe you're not plugging it in right? I know you said you checked, but maybe, due to the angle, you're not getting the prongs lined up? I've had those exact same bulbs as my DRL's for a couple of years now, no problems.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
#1 it can be as simple as those underhood rubber stoppers...see if they are not too much out..there is something preventing the hood from being closed all the way...
Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NJ SHAWD
As far as te Nokya's are concerned, consider yourself lucky you didn't get them in. If they are similar in quality to their 6000k's, you don't want them. Mine failed in less than 250 hrs. Both failed within 5 hours of each other...in the middle of a snowstorm...10 hours from home...at 8:45 at night. Maybe I was just lucky, but both within such a short time?
interesting... thanks for your input. what are you using now if i may ask?

Originally Posted by princelybug
Regarding problem #2, there are one or two members here who've taken this apart. Hopefully they see this and chime in.

Regarding problem #3, maybe you're not plugging it in right? I know you said you checked, but maybe, due to the angle, you're not getting the prongs lined up? I've had those exact same bulbs as my DRL's for a couple of years now, no problems.
By any chance do you know what having moist or water in your turn signal is "officially" called so I can try to search it lol? For the plugging it in right part, i'm pretty sure we were doing it correctly. I had my 2 friends and myself all attempting to put the bulb in. We were at it for about 10-20 minutes each. I think there was supposed to be 3 clicks for it to fully click in, we would get 2/3 pretty much. Which meant it was loose...Maybe I possibly received bad ones? my friend mention what we should do as a last resort is take the whole head light out and just attempt to plug it in from there, what do you think?

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
#1 it can be as simple as those underhood rubber stoppers...see if they are not too much out..there is something preventing the hood from being closed all the way...
i'll re check them tommorow after work so i'll get back to you if you were right or not i was thinking about taking it to the shop and asking what the problem is and then not having them service me and do it myself haha.

thank you all again for all the input so far
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Back From The dead

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Found an Advance open at that time of night and put back OEM replacements. Never changed them again.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For problem #3 try swapping the rubber o-rings from factory bulbs to the Nokya bulbs and see if that fixes your problem. I've used Nokya bulbs in the past and they always seem to use really big o-rings on there bulbs.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NJ SHAWD
Found an Advance open at that time of night and put back OEM replacements. Never changed them again.
Oh alright, thanks. I think I might try Rollin Thunder's idea and if that fails then I'll leave it alone lol.

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
For problem #3 try swapping the rubber o-rings from factory bulbs to the Nokya bulbs and see if that fixes your problem. I've used Nokya bulbs in the past and they always seem to use really big o-rings on there bulbs.
Thanks for that idea, I'll be trying that!