How could this happen !?!? Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How could this happen !?!? Advice Please

I put a post up couple days ago about my car revving funning a day after getting an oil change at the dealer. I checked the oil there was too much. I went to the dealer they changed the oil again for free and put the correct amout. I am still after the issue and after doing some more reading I have pretty much come to the conclusion that my cluth is slipping ??!?!?!?!?!?!?! How the f*ck could my clutch be slipping when I only have 7500 miles on my f*cking car??!?!?!?

Now I am scared. If I go to the dealer what the hell are they going to say??

I have intake, pulley, throttle body spacer and a modded exhaust. None of this would ever cause my clutch to start slipping but is that what they will claim ??

PLEASE I need some advice before I go back to them.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evanj5

Now I am scared. If I go to the dealer what the hell are they going to say??

I have intake, pulley, throttle body spacer and a modded exhaust. None of this would ever cause my clutch to start slipping but is that what they will claim ??

PLEASE I need some advice before I go back to them.

sorry to hear bout that dude. But be prepared and armed with knowledge to tackle their accusations. I smell them saying.."your modifications have not only added power to your car, along with the pulley allowing the engine to rev quicker..but you have put more strain on your tranny. We believe with the modifications, you were not able to adjust to the added power and new rev style, hence its your fault."

My judgment (yes, judgin with no first hand knowledge of wat happened! lol )
The fact that they overfilled the oil leads me to believe that some noob was working on your car...a yung noob...who fantastically decided to test your car;s fullest potential....Also, how many miles were on your car when you bought it? maybe test drivers were just being stupid?

wish you the best! Keep us posted.

Also, take someone with you, preferrably an older male(i.e. dad). Always helps to have one more! That way, they cant pin you down, etc....
Old 04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Put the OEM stuff back on

If it were me, I would put the original intake, pully, and remove the throttle body spacer (you should be ok with the cat back) and take it in.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One More Thing....

Have you checked for excessive oil in your engine bay? I'm thinking that some engine oil may have been spilled on your engine during the first change and maybe spilled on the clutch housing. Just a thought.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Pro

I will make sure to mention that to them. And I will again let them know that everything was fine before they changed the oil so they need to make sure there wasnt an error by their tech.

I talk to my service rep at the dealership and the mods i have dont even really matter because the clutch is not included under the warranty. But he is a really nice guy and said that he will give me a loaner car at no charge and see what he can do because if it is in fact the clutch that is slipping that is very very odd, even if I f*cking worked the thing to death it shouldnt be slipping allready.

So he is going to see what the manager says. Hopefully hes really nice and doesnt mention the mods I have to his manager, because my thought is if his manager knows there is a single performance mod done to the car he wont hook me up with a free clutch.

Ill find out next monday and I hope I get at least a TL for a loaner, hehe dreaming, TSX here I come.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Pro

Does anyone know the possibility that the dealer putting too much oil in my car was what cause the clutch to start slipping.

From what I have read this is what can happen from too much oil. And I have also read that the manner in which my clutch has been failing is evident of contamination not miss us.

Please advise.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
engine oil?
Old 04-26-2008, 03:39 AM
10th Gear

Could excess oil level over pressurize the crank case and force oil out the rear main and onto the flywheel and clutch plate?? Just a thought.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by shiftsuper
Could excess oil level over pressurize the crank case and force oil out the rear main and onto the flywheel and clutch plate?? Just a thought.
yes that is exactly what could happen, however they did not tell me there was any contamination on the clutch, or they just convienatly left that info out so it wasnt their responsibility to pay for it.

However, I ended up having the third gear TSB done and they replaced the clutch and fly wheel for free.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:23 AM
10th Gear

Glad you got some satisfaction, another example of why I prefer to do all my own vehicle work if possible
Old 04-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by shiftsuper
Glad you got some satisfaction, another example of why I prefer to do all my own vehicle work if possible
yeah i will be checking the oil level from now on before i leave dealership
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
do your own oil changes