hellp please, so much vibration...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy hellp please, so much vibration...

I just got my trany replaced at the dealer, and as i was driving the car from the dealership I noticed that when waiting at the light, the car being completely stopped, (I GOT A 5AT) my steering wheel vibrates also I get vibration from under the seat, the whole front interior vibrates, it becomes worse when having the heat on. But the car is smooth when driving off
. I took the car back and the tech guy first said to give it a couple of days because there is a relearning process for the new transmission. Than I came back to the dealer after 2weeks: the mechanic got me inside another TL (was a typeS 08) and it had some vibration too when on drive or reverse, but not as much as mine, he also took the car in and retorqued the mounts, he took the exhaust out put back in and retorqued as well he looked under and he said he couldn’t find anything, he sayd that if it was the mounts it would've leaked oil, and he gave me the usual “IT’S NORMAL FOR THIS CARS” . MY CAR DIDN’T DO THIS BEFORE, OR AT LEAST NOT AS THIS NOTICEBLE.
PLEASE GUYS I NEED U’R HELLP !!
ALSO HOW DO U CHECK THE PRESURE IN THE TRANSMISION????
Old 12-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Advanced

Mine vibrates too. I think its the mounts.. someone told me its the spark plugs that need cleaning. I dont know much about cars.. but that doesn't seem right to me.

I got my tranny replaced by Acura... Mine also vibrates a lot at 65 mph +

when I bought the car It didnt even vibrate at 100..

How can I make my car like new again ? that would be nice.

I drive an 04 5A.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Cruisin'

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Zero523
Mine vibrates too. I think its the mounts.. someone told me its the spark plugs that need cleaning. I dont know much about cars.. but that doesn't seem right to me.

I got my tranny replaced by Acura... Mine also vibrates a lot at 65 mph +

when I bought the car It didnt even vibrate at 100..

How can I make my car like new again ? that would be nice.

I drive an 04 5A.
no mine doesn't hesitate when driving, is just that after my trany got replaced by Acura, when i'm in drive at the stop light or reverse, i got this vibration from the steering wheel and also from under seat, if on park or neutral vibration goes well down low!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM
A Black TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lol, how do u check pressure in a tranny. The techs did something wrong, if this is happening. Almost every1 that gets thier tranny's replaces something happens to thier cars after.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
It's a mount issue.

Put it in drive and powerbrake (gas and brake at the same time without the car moving).

Put it in reverse and do the same.

It will probably vibrate much worse in one direction than the other.

The other thing, doesn't one of the mounts have a vacuum line going to it that makes it softer at idle (high vacuum) and firmer with more throttle? If so, the vacuum line could be off.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
OR put it in neutral at a light and see if it stops. If it does one of the mounts are bad/ or are binding. A simple neutralization of the mounts will solve the issue. Loosen finger tight, shift through the gears, and then re torque the bolts.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had this problem and it went away after i got new mounts. I'm pretty sure it was the vacuum line for the mounts.

Other than that it could be a dampener that needs to be installed under the jpipe..
Old 01-28-2009, 03:45 AM
8th Gear

I recently had two motor mounts replaced (front and side) on my '04 TL for just this reason. Unfortunately, it didn't fully solve the problem, although it did go a long ways toward fixing the situation. I no longer have any unusual vibration while driving, but when slowing to an idle, such as at a traffic light, it becomes very apparent. The steering wheel is almost shaking the feeling out of my hands, pedals too. This happens ONLY when the engine is idling and in gear at its typical 700-800RPM range. If I hold the brake while idling and rev the engine to 1000RPM the vibration completely vanishes. If I put the car in neutral the vibration attenuates and falls within normal limits. I have tested it in forward, reverse, and in sport shift mode and it's all the same. It also doesn't matter whether the car is hot or cold or whether I have the AC turned on or not.

I'm bringing it back into Acura today, but the service rep isn't sounding very reassuring.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by 4RadialTires
I recently had two motor mounts replaced (front and side) on my '04 TL for just this reason. Unfortunately, it didn't fully solve the problem, although it did go a long ways toward fixing the situation. I no longer have any unusual vibration while driving, but when slowing to an idle, such as at a traffic light, it becomes very apparent. The steering wheel is almost shaking the feeling out of my hands, pedals too. This happens ONLY when the engine is idling and in gear at its typical 700-800RPM range. If I hold the brake while idling and rev the engine to 1000RPM the vibration completely vanishes. If I put the car in neutral the vibration attenuates and falls within normal limits. I have tested it in forward, reverse, and in sport shift mode and it's all the same. It also doesn't matter whether the car is hot or cold or whether I have the AC turned on or not.

I'm bringing it back into Acura today, but the service rep isn't sounding very reassuring.
its probably the rear mount that's doing that.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
8th Gear

Thanks for the reply csmeance. I had a few things happen which is why I haven't been on here in a month or so. Anyway, as to your suggestion of it being the rear mount, according to Rallye Acura, here on LI, the rear mount is not covered under warranty because it is not considered an engine mount, but a chassis mount!! I have never heard of that before, but I called Acuracare to inquire and at first they said it was indeed covered. When the service rep called back they told him no. He also said that he didn't think it would be worth my money to have it fixed because he didn't think it would make a difference. He said it was just intrinsic to the car. Perhaps the NVH is caused by various little things which were massaged on later models? IDK?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Cruisin'

Talking Sorry for not posting this earlier!!

IT'S NOT THE MOUNTS, THIS IS MY STORY.
AFTER I TALKED TO SOMEONE FROM AZINE, WEN I WENT BACK FOR THE OIL CHANGE I TOLD THEM TO CHECK THE VACUUM LINES, GUESS WHAT ONE WAS UNPLOUGHED. AFTER THAT NO MORE VIBRATION, I MEAN THE CAR VIBRATES A LITTLE BUT NOT LIKE BEFORE (WELL THE TL IT'S LUXURY PERFORMANCE, IF U WANT A COMFY, A REAL LUXURY GO FOR A BMW OR LEXUS).
THE GUY FROM AZINE EXPLAINED THAT THE PRESSURE FROM THE MOUNTS IT'S RELEASED THROUGH THE VACUUM LINES...!!! HOPE THAT THIS HELPED SOMEONE SINCE IT HELPED ME TO KNOW!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4RadialTires

Did you locate what the issue was? I have the same exact symptoms on my TSX.

Anyone?