Gah Gah Gah

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Gah Gah Gah

Long story short. Lady hit me, took in car for body repair. Finally get car back and some problems. The repair place said they would fix it all, but I need to make sure I get everything correct this time.

Problems:
1. Key fob doesn't work. 1/2 memo button sync thing isn't even operating. No automatic lights, doors,windows,etc from Key fob.

2. Can't lock/unlock doors from inside either. Or roll windows down. Only thing that partially works is the sun roof.

3. When I put in the key, car started fine, but the sunroof proceeded to open by itself and now it won't shut all the way.

4. Car trip odometer,etc is reset. JUST trip A not the full odometer.

What else do I need to look for? I want to check EVERYTHING and make sure it's fixed correctly. Obviously I'm concerned that something willl pop up down the road if I don't catch it now. I'm also worried - will this void my warranty?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by greydh
Long story short. Lady hit me, took in car for body repair. Finally get car back and some problems. The repair place said they would fix it all, but I need to make sure I get everything correct this time.

Problems:
1. Key fob doesn't work. 1/2 memo button sync thing isn't even operating. No automatic lights, doors,windows,etc from Key fob.

2. Can't lock/unlock doors from inside either. Or roll windows down. Only thing that partially works is the sun roof.

3. When I put in the key, car started fine, but the sunroof proceeded to open by itself and now it won't shut all the way.

4. Car trip odometer,etc is reset. JUST trip A not the full odometer.

What else do I need to look for? I want to check EVERYTHING and make sure it's fixed correctly. Obviously I'm concerned that something willl pop up down the road if I don't catch it now. I'm also worried - will this void my warranty?

Thanks
If insurance is paying for the repairs, you should have the Acura Dealer do the repairs. I suppose if they were done elsewhere, have the dealer do a full inspection of the car and make them document that this was done and it is in good condition to thwart any future warranty concerns.

If insurance is paying, they should also be fully responsible for the repair (if they chose the repair facility). If it were me, I would have insisted the dealer fix my car to cover all bases.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:26 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Body shops are terrible they usually always F things up! At the honda dealership that i work at everytime something comes in like that we can tell if the car has been to a body shop or not or if someone has taken the car apart, then you will end up having to pay for the repair to fix your problem. The body shop should fix what they didnt or messed up on your vehicle!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Advanced

yeah they said they would fix it - i just need to know what to check after they fix it. I want to be sure everything is good to go before I walk away from the body shop. Unfortunately my dealership is like two hours away from me.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
sounds like an electrical issue to me, where was the TL hit and how severe was the damage? also did the car start after the incident or did it cut off the electrical systemns when it dected impact?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by csmeance
sounds like an electrical issue to me, where was the TL hit and how severe was the damage? also did the car start after the incident or did it cut off the electrical systemns when it dected impact?
It was fine before the body work. They had to replace the whole front door and do some work on the moulding and rear door. I know THEY messed it up. I just need to know what to look/check for after they "fix" it again.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Dealer Technician

I'd let the body shop try to fix it then tell them that they will need to pay the Acura dealer to fix it if they can't.