Flashing Interior emergency lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Jokerman

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Flashing Interior emergency lighting

When i turn on my emergency flashers, every light in the car except the overhead are flashing with the blinkers, This has been happening ever since I installed the LED turn signals and made the front marker lights white, but has become real noticeable now that i have converted my interior to LED. Every single light that i converted from incandescent to LED now flashes with the emergency blinkers. Does anyone have clue to what is going on?
Old 01-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
may wanna find a different ground to use, Or wire into a fuse rather that directly into a power from another 'power' wire.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Jokerman

I am talking about all of my stock wiring and bulbs, nothing added in or moved. I have LED turn signals and I converted to LED button back lighing. I have not done anything to any of the stock wiring for these items
Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Jokerman

an other ideas?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
sometimes wiring may need a relay and a different ground. try that...
Old 02-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Jokerman

Originally Posted by arn809
sometimes wiring may need a relay and a different ground. try that...
What do you mean need a different relay and what should I change the ground on. Now I have noticed that all the dash lights flash when i put my turn signal on. This is starting to get aggrivating. All the dash lights will flash with the turn signals. If i turn on the dash lights, like you would do at night, the lights do not flash. Now all of this started to happen after the interior LED conversion. I still have no idea why this could of happened.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Jokerman

I have an update on this. After looking around on the internet, i decided that the problem may be the LED turn signal bulbs. I removed the front bulbs and the issue stopped. I discovered that with both sides that the signal that gets sent to the bulb to flash feeds back through the parking light circuit and in turn flashes all the lights for illumination. I bent the leads on the LED bulbs to make them a 7440 style and they still flash but since there is no path to the other circuit the other circuit stays off (doesnt flash interior lighting)

Now all i have to do is figure out which component is messed up in the car that is allowing the power to be fed back through the wrong circuit. I figured there should be a diode somewhere preventing this, but cannot locate exactly where it would be.

I have tried two different styles of LED 7443 bulbs and they both do the same thing.

Any suggestions on what i should check out next?
Old 05-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
sorry to bump a 6 year old thread, but im dealing with this same exact issue and this is the only thing ive been able to find dealing with it. whenever signaling with the headlights off, all the interior lights flash and the navi switches day to night on each flash. i figured out that the front signal lights are feeding the issue, since one stopped contacting the running light filament the issue stopped on that side. with the bulbs out the flashing doesnt happen, with the low (dim) filament out it doesnt happen. i have normal signal bulbs not led and have tried different bulbs with no difference. anyone else experience this?> would be a miracle if jokerman could update lol

also i do have led dash lights, some of which blink on and off randomly.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:50 PM
Jokerman

Originally Posted by JDM96specCTR
sorry to bump a 6 year old thread, but im dealing with this same exact issue and this is the only thing ive been able to find dealing with it. whenever signaling with the headlights off, all the interior lights flash and the navi switches day to night on each flash. i figured out that the front signal lights are feeding the issue, since one stopped contacting the running light filament the issue stopped on that side. with the bulbs out the flashing doesnt happen, with the low (dim) filament out it doesnt happen. i have normal signal bulbs not led and have tried different bulbs with no difference. anyone else experience this?> would be a miracle if jokerman could update lol

also i do have led dash lights, some of which blink on and off randomly.
So, ultimately u had to put diodes in line with the parking light coming from the fuse box in the engine compartment. this allowed electricity to flow to the bulb but prevented the electricity flowing back into the car, thus stopping the flashing interior lights.