Finally, Thank You Acura.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, Thank You Acura.

Well after over a year of ownership and all the rattles, Acura FINALLY 'heard' the driver and passenger door/window rattles.

They have to take them completely apart and figure out what to do. (Internal and trim) They also have to replace the motor on the driver side because it's making a dying noise already.

I am truly excited because I have already had to deal with the sunglasses holder rattles on my own, as well as the dash speaker, passenger head rest, headliner, etc. Acura actually did fix the rear speaker rack rattle last year.

Today is a good day, tomorrow will be better if its actually fixed.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Advanced

great let us know what they find and how they fixed it. i'm starting to get a rattle in the window too, but i can't quite pinpoint it.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:27 PM
04 NBP 6MT

I have the window rattle on the drivers side. Looking forward to hearing what the fix is!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by FightingTL
Well after over a year of ownership and all the rattles, Acura FINALLY 'heard' the driver and passenger door/window rattles.

They have to take them completely apart and figure out what to do. (Internal and trim) They also have to replace the motor on the driver side because it's making a dying noise already.

I am truly excited because I have already had to deal with the sunglasses holder rattles on my own, as well as the dash speaker, passenger head rest, headliner, etc. Acura actually did fix the rear speaker rack rattle last year.

Today is a good day, tomorrow will be better if its actually fixed.
Maybe a dumb question, but where is the sunglass holder at? LOL I don't have one on my roof.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Advanced

^^ sunglass holder is that little removable rubber lined box in the side pocket of your door.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Banned

I'll definitely keep you posted.

It will be interesting to see what they find. I totally expected the usual "your oil change and tire rotation is done, pick up your car."

That has generally been the answer, they can't "reproduce" the rattle. This time they said they heard both and before they take the door apart they wanted my permission to keep it overnight. Um Hell yeah keep the damn thing.

The only complaint is that they still use garbage loaners. Thankfully I have more than my TL because if I had the drive this red taurus they gave me I would shoot myself. Someone remind acura that Infiniti, lexus, mb, and bmw all give same brand loaners.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
can you give me a link for the passenger headrest rattle?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Banned

I have no good fix for it. If the headrest is completely down it doesnt rattle.

The dealership actually "worked" on it. Their solution was stretching the metal bars outward. Didnt work.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Racer

I have no good fix for it. If the headrest is completely down it doesnt rattle.

The dealership actually "worked" on it. Their solution was stretching the metal bars outward. Didnt work.
What did you expect from cheap American car?
Mine rattles everywhere. I gave up already and recommend you to switch the brand.
Go German!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
My rattles just started

Originally Posted by oppnyc
Mine rattles everywhere. I gave up already and recommend you to switch the brand.
Go German!
OPP,
Did u by any chance take your car to Paragon Acura for the rattles?
My TL (8K miles) is now starting to rattle. It's annoying.
I am taking the car in for the B service and will bring up the rattles. I have low expections from the dealer and I bet expections will not be met.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Royal Flush

Go German!
Or go with a real Japanese luxury brand that has relentless pursuit of perfection....Lexus.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Banned

If I felt like dealing with even worse electrical woes I would have gone German. At this stage each company has some sad issues with their lines of cars.

I'll take rattles over electrical woes. However, Acura has failed in the 1 year of ownership of convincing me to ever own Acura again. When this car goes I will never purchase Acura.

This feels, from a customer service standpoint, to be a huge step backwards from Infiniti. Heck I get better service for my Grand Cherokee's.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:36 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by pilozm
OPP,
Did u by any chance take your car to Paragon Acura for the rattles?
My TL (8K miles) is now starting to rattle. It's annoying.
I am taking the car in for the B service and will bring up the rattles. I have low expections from the dealer and I bet expections will not be met.
I took my car three times to Open Road.
Even if they tried to do something it still rattles.
Do not expect a lot from dealer. In most cases they " will not hear the rattle"
When I drive with no music I can hear annoying rattles from top part of passenger window (near B pillar), some squeaks in A - pillar and central console.
It is endless battle.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Republican TL
Or go with a real Japanese luxury brand that has relentless pursuit of perfection....Lexus.
Lexus is too soft. It is boat. (may be IS 350, however it is too small for family guy)
We all got Acura TL for its sport look, speed, feeling of the road.
Lexus does not come close in these categories (especially in feeling of the road)
That why I said for Acura TL owners next car may be BMW 330 (new arrives in September) or if you have some $$$ 530I.

Last weekend I drove 2007 530I on same road where I drive mine TL.
BMW is solid. No squeaks from doors, central console etc

Now my test starts from the following:
I open driver /passenger window and close a door.
Do this with BMW, Lexus and TL.
You will hear what I am talking about.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Banned

That's all fine and dandy, it sounds like you havent owned a BMW or MB. They have lots of electrical issues and if you get them they are NASTY.

I have a friend with a 545 and that thing has been nothing but a piece of shit. He is borderline going lemon law with them because it's been in so damn much for electrical woes. Shit doesnt work, shit shorts out.

I'd rather deal with rattles than that. Especially when my aspec'd TL navi was just under 40k and his was in the mid 60's.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
tTLiang

That's all fine and dandy, it sounds like you havent owned a BMW or MB. They have lots of electrical issues and if you get them they are NASTY.

I have a friend with a 545 and that thing has been nothing but a piece of shit. He is borderline going lemon law with them because it's been in so damn much for electrical woes. Shit doesnt work, shit shorts out.

I'd rather deal with rattles than that. Especially when my aspec'd TL navi was just under 40k and his was in the mid 60's.
the only reason that M3 in my avitar is not lemoned is bcuz you can't get a 06 M3 no more.

TL rattles can be elusive. i once heard something from my upper left driver side. it turned out to be a loose CD in my cup holder. sound bounces around in the cabin. don't be so sure about the sound origin. most TL rattles from my loaner experience were from squeacky rubber/seal. Armor All or silicon spray work really well. make sure you cover all door and sunroof rubber seal wherever you see them. i do mean "wherever" inside and out the rubber seal. dealer usually don't do crap about tick tick tick...here and there.

i rather deal with rattles/ticking than the BMW's eletrical nightmare. i am not trying to say your rattle is not a problem for you (i know it can be annoying), but the camry, LS430, 325 and GS300... all rattle here and there just name of few of my first hand experiences.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
tTLiang

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/%2A%2Amsd-window-switch%2A%2A-126626/
Old 07-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Racer

I have done that.
It did not help...

And more rattles arrived since.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I took my car three times to Open Road.
Even if they tried to do something it still rattles.
Do not expect a lot from dealer. In most cases they " will not hear the rattle"
When I drive with no music I can hear annoying rattles from top part of passenger window (near B pillar), some squeaks in A - pillar and central console.
It is endless battle.
You are right. They mechanic said he did not hear the rattle. I got in the car and drove with the mechanic, and after some prodding, he said he heard the rattle. He told the service mgr he heard it and I should bring the car back to the dealer.
Tomorrow, I am giving Paragon Honda one chance to fix the rattle on the driver side B pillar. One chance only. I am not expecting too much, but we'll see what happens.

BTW,
When I took my car for the B service, they did not top off the washer fluid. Of course they charged me $4.00 for it!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by pilozm
You are right. They mechanic said he did not hear the rattle. I got in the car and drove with the mechanic, and after some prodding, he said he heard the rattle. He told the service mgr he heard it and I should bring the car back to the dealer.
Tomorrow, I am giving Paragon Honda one chance to fix the rattle on the driver side B pillar. One chance only. I am not expecting too much, but we'll see what happens.

BTW,
When I took my car for the B service, they did not top off the washer fluid. Of course they charged me $4.00 for it!
This was first and last Acura for me.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:55 AM
06 TL

so...anything?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:02 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts

I know someone who went through the same BS with a 745i. Most of the electrical issues were A/C related and it was the middle of summer. The day he got rid of it was one of the happiest days of his life.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Cruisin'

This was first and last Acura for me.

Me too. This car is way lower quality than I had expected. It's more like an American car (problems) than a Japanese car.