Did anybody get dealer to fix butt-printed seats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anybody get dealer to fix butt-printed seats?

I am going in for a 5K mile service soon. My seat looks like the car has 60K miles on it.

The seat leather ripples and hump up on where my two butt bones are! Two big bubbles on the seat bottom!

Wondering if anybody got luck to ask dealer to fix or replace the wrinkled seat leather... But since the dealer around Philly are all pretty shaddy and refused to fix my 1500rpm vibration, i am wondering if ther is anything we can do by ourselves also....
Old 12-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Instructor

I had mine replaced long ago. BUT.....................After a few weeks more buttprints arrived. I tried laying off the snacks too.

I agree they are unsightly, but not as much as the outside side of the driver's seat leather. It is cracked like my 99 M3 leather. I have an 04'TL

Dealer did replace them under warranty.

miiipilot
Old 12-07-2005, 06:12 PM
tTLiang

my dealer replaced that for free too. but they told me even before ordering that butt prints will return shortly. I mean they will keep replacing it until the warantee runs out but it ain't gonna make a difference for the long run. honestly, it don't bother me that much.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Team Anthracite Member

i was going to have them do it - as they offered to do so, but they admitted that it would return. It does not bother me because it is only the driver seat that is impacted as no one else sits in my car with me and since my ass is always in the seat when driving - I never notice it.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I figure if you sit on it long enough over time, there will be so many prints that it sorta just becomes wrinkly all over, which just makes it look worn if anything, but not stretched out of proportion.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Advanced

they replaced mine no problem.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the buttprint issue. I talked to my service manager and requested the "05 style seat covers. He agreed..but after they arrived.....while the car was at the shop, he called me to say that they won't fit unless the cushions are replaced. The extra seam in the "05-06" seats does not fit on the '04 cushion. It's a long story, but I ended up taking the car home, then they ordered new cushions and heaters. The '04 seat heater won't fit on the "05 cushions...so it's very complicated to simply switch covers. At the end....the dealer paid for the leather covers, and we split the cost of the new cushions and heaters. It ended up costing me a few hundred bucks...but the buttprint's have not returned after 8 months. Hope this helps. If you want more information...just sent me a PM...and I'll give you my phone number so I can tell you what's involved...and the cost.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:13 PM
tTLiang

i asked them to replace the seat cover for free. however they don't look the same anymore. the texture is a bit different. the new one is rougher which i like but they are different now (color the same). i will go back soon to see what they have to say about that. i am not sure if it's real leather or not. not Coach material for sure. but then again i know how much my wife's "tiny" purses cost. i am not ready to pay that much to glorify my "butt" yet. ha ha.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JetJock
I had the buttprint issue. I talked to my service manager and requested the "05 style seat covers. He agreed..but after they arrived.....while the car was at the shop, he called me to say that they won't fit unless the cushions are replaced. The extra seam in the "05-06" seats does not fit on the '04 cushion. It's a long story, but I ended up taking the car home, then they ordered new cushions and heaters. The '04 seat heater won't fit on the "05 cushions...so it's very complicated to simply switch covers. At the end....the dealer paid for the leather covers, and we split the cost of the new cushions and heaters. It ended up costing me a few hundred bucks...but the buttprint's have not returned after 8 months. Hope this helps. If you want more information...just sent me a PM...and I'll give you my phone number so I can tell you what's involved...and the cost.
So is this only an issue with the 2004 seats?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:15 AM
4th Gear

Replacing the seats

I work in Houston at Gillman Acura and I've only heard of one case of this happening. One of our customers was having an issue with her passenger seat in her '06 MDX. We replaced both front seats for her under warranty and this seems to have fixed the problem. It is not a common problem in my experience.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Racer

Welcome Brad

Originally Posted by Houston_Brad
I work in Houston at Gillman Acura and I've only heard of one case of this happening. One of our customers was having an issue with her passenger seat in her '06 MDX. We replaced both front seats for her under warranty and this seems to have fixed the problem. It is not a common problem in my experience.
Brad,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have an Acura employee on board. I don't know if you have had time to read all the posts here, but I'm wondering how many of the problems discussed here are isolated incidents and how many are widespread problems. I appreciate your input.

jjh1234
Old 12-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jjh1234
Brad,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have an Acura employee on board. I don't know if you have had time to read all the posts here, but I'm wondering how many of the problems discussed here are isolated incidents and how many are widespread problems. I appreciate your input.

jjh1234
I too had all my seat bottoms replaced with 04 seat covers/cushions........butt prints came back but not as BAD. I know that Acura Canada is working on some kind of a fix that should be out in 06 sometime. If I hear anything, I will let the group know.

Keep in mind that we ONLY have 3 years of warranty of the seats/interior items......if you have any issues..make sure you have them addressed before that. The extended warranty does NOT cover the leather.

L8R

Demetrius
Old 12-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by demellie
I too had all my seat bottoms replaced with 04 seat covers/cushions........butt prints came back but not as BAD. I know that Acura Canada is working on some kind of a fix that should be out in 06 sometime. If I hear anything, I will let the group know.

Keep in mind that we ONLY have 3 years of warranty of the seats/interior items......if you have any issues..make sure you have them addressed before that. The extended warranty does NOT cover the leather.

L8R

Demetrius
I'm surprised to see so many Canadian owners here. Is this a very popular car there for some reason?

jjh1234
Old 12-16-2005, 10:52 AM
05 WDP/Ebony/5AT/NaviLess

I'm surprised to see so many Canadian owners here. Is this a very popular car there for some reason?

jjh1234

I didn't know there were that many of us. In fact I find there are only a few the frequent the boards.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:18 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TBone2004
i was going to have them do it - as they offered to do so, but they admitted that it would return. It does not bother me because it is only the driver seat that is impacted as no one else sits in my car with me and since my ass is always in the seat when driving - I never notice it.
Same here!
Old 12-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by pvansh
I didn't know there were that many of us. In fact I find there are only a few the frequent the boards.

Maybe it's just all of the complaining about the Navi coverage of Canada.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:37 PM

Maybe it's just all of the complaining about the Navi coverage of Canada.

I find it interesting that you've grown tired of the supposed Navi coverage complaints (which I haven't really noticed) when you seem to have joined the forum in Dec 2005.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
I never got my buttprint issue fixed. I have driven my car nearly every single day for the last 2+ years, for over 40k miles, and it hasn't worsened so isn't worth my throwing money at the problem yet. For a picture of my seat, click on "2 year review" in my sig and it'll be in the first post.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:09 AM
4th Gear

It is true, most of the problems I have seen discussed here are isolated and not all at common to the hundreds of thousand's of Acura's we have here in the United States. Honda has worked very hard to build the reputation it enjoys today. I have sold Toyota's as well and even with them, there are isolated incidents which makes one wonder about the line, but even they are strong.

Yes, I have sold domestic as well but having started out in High-End with Mercedes Benz, I feel like I understand greater the needs and desires of the sports/luxery owner. The industry has changed a great deal over the last 8 years and I sell Acura now because of the reputation and value Acura has built into these vehicles. The residual values are so high right now, it's almost impossible not to lease.

Brad Ferrell
Acura Sales and Leasing
www.gillmanacura.com
(832) 326-1245
Old 12-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Racer

I find it interesting that you've grown tired of the supposed Navi coverage complaints (which I haven't really noticed) when you seem to have joined the forum in Dec 2005.

Maybe it's because I sat down for quite a few hours and read almost every thread on my first visit and I am recalling some old posts.

jjh1234
Old 12-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Racer

Oh, yeah and I just noticed you joined in October 2005, so you are an old salt here?
Old 12-17-2005, 05:39 PM

Oh, yeah and I just noticed you joined in October 2005, so you are an old salt here?

Nope never said that, but I don't see why you need to single people or groups out when they're just asking simple questions.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Racer

Nope never said that, but I don't see why you need to single people or groups out when they're just asking simple questions.

If you recall, I was just curious about what I considered to be a lot of posts by Canadians. I was not saying anything derogatory about them. I just don't think it's fair for them to be dissin' the Navi system because of the maps. They could have easily checked out the coverage before they bought the car. I notice that you opted not to get it yourself. I assume the TL was primarily designed for use in the US. My local Best Buy is not in the POI database either, but you don't see me whining about it. Everything that I read says that it's one of the best OEM systems available today. My friend has and Infiniti and he has to be stopped in order to access his navi, so he has to pullover to the side of the road to change anything. That would suck.

jjh1234
Old 12-19-2005, 01:43 PM
4th Gear

Trying to help

Brad,

jjh1234

Thanks for welcoming me. I've been censored here and am unable to provide anymore dealer information due to the forums advertising sponsorship. I'm an owner too so I'll try and answer what I can, but I can't mention my dealership or the fact that I work in one anymore.

Hope you're all as pleased with your Acura's as I am with mine.

Brad Ferrell
Old 12-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Racer

Thanks for welcoming me. I've been censored here and am unable to provide anymore dealer information due to the forums advertising sponsorship. I'm an owner too so I'll try and answer what I can, but I can't mention my dealership or the fact that I work in one anymore.

Hope you're all as pleased with your Acura's as I am with mine.

Brad Ferrell

Wow, I thought the internet was supposed to free us of censorship. Guess not!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:17 AM
4th Gear

It's got to do with the advertisers/sponsors of the forum and the terms of use. The reason I got involved here was to answer questions that have gone unanswered and to protect/represent the Acura brand. I got scared when I realized customers questions were going unanswered and no one, not even the sponsors, were stepping in to put out the fire.

I'm leasing a TSX Navi right now, I drive TL's daily and we have one of the only Master Certified Mechanics in Texas. I really believe it should be the responsibility of the sponsors to put these fires out and not me, but customers in Texas do frequent this board and it affects my business too.

You can PM me with any question or post a thread and I'll do my best to find out what's going on and reply with an answer or explanation. As owners, it's in our interest to protect the brand too, as it affects our resale values down the road.

Glad to be a part of the community.

Brad Ferrell
Old 12-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Hey Brad, how bout you get your own avatar..

This one was made for me by a friend, its what identifies me..
Old 12-20-2005, 11:36 AM
"Joe Cool"

Where did you get your Avatar?