BRAKE SPRAY for BREMBOS????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRAKE SPRAY for BREMBOS????

I brought my car in to my acura dealership for them to look at the brakes, (squeaky and old car humming sound) They than told they went ahead and gave me new pads (new 06 design) and resurfaced the rotors. The squeaking went away but the old car humming sound got worse!!! now almost EVERYTIME I pull up to a parking spot or just pull up slowly it makes this old car sound.

I want to lower my car with Tein SS. Its been in my trunk all this time....I postponed the install so that acura wouldnt blame the suspension or installation procedure on why the brakes make that sound. Now that Acura knows the car was making the sound before any aftermarket things were done to it....its good to go (incase something else happens, just trying to cover my ass) they know they messed with that area before me!

I really dont want to go back to the dealership again for it to probably keep happening...

Do any of you have this old car humming sound like a metal to metal kinda sound??? not grinding at all or vibrating...I've tried breaking hard and even at one point engaing the anti-lock breaks but its still there.

Seems like it could use some spray lube in that area but is it safe???...if so what product? and around what area do you spray...the brembos? the rotors????

Any help would be appreciated .

05 TL MT
Old 01-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do not know what you are talking about.
For brake noise, the best thing to do is lube the BACK of the brake pads with some high temp disk brake grease.
That is what the acura tsb recomends when people bring their car back for brake noise. For the brembo setup, they get new improved pads, rotors resurfaced, and special brembo grease on the back of the pads.

Hard pads will give you brake noise that sounds slightly like grinding, since the pads are hard and may have a lot of metal in them.

Soft pads would be smoother and quieter, but would wear out fast, and dust up badly. You can not have everything....

My 2005 6MT has no problems with the brakes but dust...no noise, grinding, etc.

For the auto trans cars, the pbr/axxis deluxe pads should work real well, low noise and dust, good stopping, they do not seem to make them for the 6MT, at least not yet. I have seen kelvar pads, and stock pads for the brembo's, that is about it so far....

The dealer should supply the new improved pads for the brembo setup, but I have no idea what they changed to improve things.

Brett
Old 01-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Brettg
I do not know what you are talking about.

Brett
In refference to what?

If its about how the noise sounds....Its like how a school bus sounds (not exactly but something along those lines) when its about to come to a complete stop...I've heard them on older cars. Its kinda like a humming sound, really loud, especially when I pull up to my job's parking garage and it echoes through out the whole garage.

My question really is if there's a product that I can simply just spray on some where without having to take the wheel off or anything else apart?

I dont want to go back to Acura, i really want my car to get going with its mods!!!

But if I have to I will.

Thanks Brett
Old 01-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont know what noise you are talking about.
Squeal is from the pads moving around in the caliper, you can use sticky stuff
( I dont like it) on theback of the pads, or grease (what I use).

The only other noises I ever heard is a rough or grinding sound (pads and rotors), or a groan (cracked brake pads).

Unless you run soft pads, you can have some rough or grinding sound at times,
from hard high metal content pads.

Brett
Old 01-12-2006, 04:30 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I'm a little lost as well. Old car humming sound? Anyway, as others have said, pull your pads off and put some disc quiet on them, or whatever type of grease etc. works for you. It made a difference on my 6spd...not for very long but the noise at least went away for a little while.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Pro

I guess its a loud squealing sound (not to be confused with the "I need new breaks sound"), I took my friend for a ride and thats the way he described it.

I bought "De-Squeak" (autozone)
It says to spray this all over the rotors (both sides) I dont think imma have to disasemble the breaks to do that?

This wont void my Acura Warranty right (I'm being paranoid, I know)?
Old 01-12-2006, 07:46 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Nandito28
I guess its a loud squealing sound (not to be confused with the "I need new breaks sound"), I took my friend for a ride and thats the way he described it.

I bought "De-Squeak" (autozone)
It says to spray this all over the rotors (both sides) I dont think imma have to disasemble the breaks to do that?

This wont void my Acura Warranty right (I'm being paranoid, I know)?

i dont know that cleaning off the rotors will do much. squeaking is usually with the pad in the caliper...it wont hurt to clean the rotors but i dont think it will be a permanent fix. if its just the grinding you are hearing now, though, then maybe cleaning the rotor surface will work. the easiest thing to do is try it and report back in a day or so.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro

what parts fall off the warranty list once the Tein SS is installed (other than the suspension itself)? Break system maybe? anything else.....?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:34 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Nandito28
what parts fall off the warranty list once the Tein SS is installed (other than the suspension itself)? Break system maybe? anything else.....?

brakes shouldnt be affected at all. it would be difficult for a dealer to show how the SS' did anything to damage, ruin, etc your brake system
Old 01-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by subinf
i dont know that cleaning off the rotors will do much. squeaking is usually with the pad in the caliper...it wont hurt to clean the rotors but i dont think it will be a permanent fix. if its just the grinding you are hearing now, though, then maybe cleaning the rotor surface will work. the easiest thing to do is try it and report back in a day or so.
Imma try it out tonite...I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Old 01-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Pro

Sound went away...for now at least!

Thanks!