Big Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Window Problem

Alright guys I bought my tints from the dealer as you all may know.. I could have gotten just as good tints for 150 but I was tired and Just paid the extra 150 and I hoped and I believed at the time they would have been better quality soo ya save time and buy them there..

Anyway fastforward a week after I got my tints (which was 4 weeks ago) my felt stripping comes off. I go to dealer they give me the tint shops address they fix it.

Now 3 weeks after the felt striping came off it rained and whenever my windows are wet even after a car wash if I roll down my windows and up there is moisture from both sides of the window.

The moisture varies.. Like if the window has big globs of water drops on it and I roll it down and up my window from the inside is soaking wet. So I take it to distinctive auto which is my tint shop.. and I tell them. They tell me it happens to all cars... I stand there shocked and then I get pissed and ask him 'can i see it on your car then' The owner looks at me with a 'oh shit face' and says oh maybe not mine probably just your model..

My cousin happend to be there with me with his KBP Tl-s and he has tints which he paid 150 for and never had a problem. I tell the owner that he doesn't have any moisture on his windows like I do and he goes on to tell me that I might be doing something wrong..

(like wtf can i be doing wrong ... Pressing the window button hard or something)

So after arguing and him telling me not to be upset he sends me on my way and tells me to take it to the dealer..

I call the dealer the finance manager which sold me the tints tells me to come any day this week, I tell him alright and I come saturday which is today..

I get there an hour after service opens and the lady is like we are only doing lube and oil changes today..

Now it isnt like this dealer is like 10 minutes away it is about 40 minutes away from me... I am 17 so I cant get a rental or anything of that sort and she tells me I have to come on the weekday.. I tell her my schedule and she basically tells me im shit out of luck..

Now I have a window that transfers water over to the other side and big globs and glue and felt sticking out of the window slit.. WTF

Anyone know why the hell the moisture is transferring... And Fuck you Acura 101 west..

BTW THIS HAPPENS ON ALL MY WINDOWS FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEEN
Old 09-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
the tint shop probably messed up the wipers and other stuff that keeps the water out, also you can sue them for damages as the water can cause damage to the motor for the windows, wiring inside the door and the speakers. Go to the Tint place tell them that you want it fixed, 1 day at the most, and if not fixed, I am calling my attorney. This might get them to act properly. Also talk to the owner if you can or the head manager.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Banned

I did the idiot was the one thinking im an idiot..

Who the hell says 'you might be doing something wrong' its like hey jackass I can only make the window go up or down lol.. I can't really tweak it ...

Wow idiots I swear to god..... I had to go to another shop today pay 25 box to replace the felt and clean the window and now it scratched the tint cuss of this bullshit...

So it can mess up my stereo ?? wow... F this shit man 300 dollar tints fucking up when I could have gotten them for 150 and better quality...

I swear and they act like it isn't even a problem..
Old 09-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Senior Moderator

contact the BBB as well, go there tomorrow if its possible and talk to the manager, talk in a firm voice and tell him that you can turn his world upside down if he gets into legal trouble.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
While you are there, must insist the dealer checks for moisture "in" the doors. The water may be trapped in the electronic components. The damages may not occur until few months later. After the check, make sure the dealer puts back the sound insulation before closing the panel.

My other car had a problem with windows. Dealer opened up door panel and fixed. Moron tech got lazy and didn't put the insulation back to where it should be. Found this out due to excessive wind noise. Anyway....Good luck.

Originally Posted by kosstick
Alright guys I bought my tints from the dealer as you all may know.. I could have gotten just as good tints for 150 but I was tired and Just paid the extra 150 and I hoped and I believed at the time they would have been better quality soo ya save time and buy them there..

Anyway fastforward a week after I got my tints (which was 4 weeks ago) my felt stripping comes off. I go to dealer they give me the tint shops address they fix it.

Now 3 weeks after the felt striping came off it rained and whenever my windows are wet even after a car wash if I roll down my windows and up there is moisture from both sides of the window.

The moisture varies.. Like if the window has big globs of water drops on it and I roll it down and up my window from the inside is soaking wet. So I take it to distinctive auto which is my tint shop.. and I tell them. They tell me it happens to all cars... I stand there shocked and then I get pissed and ask him 'can i see it on your car then' The owner looks at me with a 'oh shit face' and says oh maybe not mine probably just your model..

My cousin happend to be there with me with his KBP Tl-s and he has tints which he paid 150 for and never had a problem. I tell the owner that he doesn't have any moisture on his windows like I do and he goes on to tell me that I might be doing something wrong..

(like wtf can i be doing wrong ... Pressing the window button hard or something)

So after arguing and him telling me not to be upset he sends me on my way and tells me to take it to the dealer..

I call the dealer the finance manager which sold me the tints tells me to come any day this week, I tell him alright and I come saturday which is today..

I get there an hour after service opens and the lady is like we are only doing lube and oil changes today..

Now it isnt like this dealer is like 10 minutes away it is about 40 minutes away from me... I am 17 so I cant get a rental or anything of that sort and she tells me I have to come on the weekday.. I tell her my schedule and she basically tells me im shit out of luck..

Now I have a window that transfers water over to the other side and big globs and glue and felt sticking out of the window slit.. WTF

Anyone know why the hell the moisture is transferring... And Fuck you Acura 101 west..

BTW THIS HAPPENS ON ALL MY WINDOWS FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEEN
Old 09-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Banned

BBB = better business bureau ? Talk to the Manager at the dealer or distinctive auto? So is it positive that it is the tints not a factory defect?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Talk to both managers, tell the dealership of your experence with the service dept, and the tint manager of the tint issue. This is not a factory defect and occurs when the tinter bends the window wipers in the door when they are to lazy to take off the panel and tint all the way down.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

they only took off the top part of the door not the whole pnnel. That is what you mean right?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by kosstick
they only took off the top part of the door not the whole pnnel. That is what you mean right?
not really, what some tinters do is leave everything the way it is and ppush the tint under the wipers on the window to apply the tint all the way down. This damages the wipers and can cause a loose window, water on the inside and out, and scratches. THe proper way to do it to take off the door panel and tint the window.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

ya they put the window on just by taking off the top of the door like a 2 - 3 inch little pannel not the whole door..
Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

Man I get treated like shit im 17.. I got 300 dollar tints from the dealer because I wanted actual quality I could have easily went and gotten 150 dollar ones from local tint shops.. I live in burbank and my dealer is in calabasas (30 - 40 min drive).. I get moisture on all my windows in and out...

I take it to tint shop they say its normal pisses me off I call the dealer guy tells me to come by anyday.. I come saturday they say you have to come on a weekday.. Im like wtf I can't I don't have time.. School to 5:30 monday - thursday... Service closes at 6.. The guy also tells me I can go to another dealer and I tell him that all four windows mess up. He says something about that he isn't gonna take all the while short staffed on the weekend to diagnose my problem..

300 fucking dollar tints and the fucking stripping comes off too.. WTF my cousin got a KBP with 150 dollar tints no fucking problems whatsoever ... This is bullshit... my tints are now scratched up because of the felt that keeps comming off and I am pissed.

Should I call acura services? I had a appointment on monday but I couldn't go because of school. Its senior year and I can't even get a rental.. Im not 18... This is just fucking annoying and they treat me like shit like no urgency whatsoever..

btw i have realized that if you are polite and courteous and treat them like your friend in a way they fuck you even more because they think you won't complain and bitch.. They take kindness for a weakness.

I thought that the dealer was supposed to make it convenient for you not them.. OH I also had felt stripping hanging out of my window and it took them 2 weeks to get me an appointment.

So I ended up going to another tint shop and replacing my felt stripping for 25 bucks.. Should I tell them this or would this void my tint warranty... This is ridiculous sorry for my rant..
Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Assuming the felt was done right (i.e. not messing up the weather strip), what's happening is that you get some water on your outside window.

Then, when you roll the window down, the water from the window gets on the outside felt. With the window down, the outside felt touches and transfers water to the inside felt.

You put the window up and now the felt transfers water to both sides of the window.

If this is happening on the first 6 inches or so of the window (toward the front of the car), then this might be the "problem" and it's actually normal and NOT a problem.

(I hope I explained that right. I think it was ChicagoBurbs that figured out what was happening with water on the inside window after tinting and felt.)
Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned

all four windows? and it happens to the whole window.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:36 PM
AZ Community Team

No, what Burbs (IIRC) diagnosed was not the Whole Window. Just a few inches at the front.

Hope you get it sorted out. It's a nice car and much more fun if it's hassle free. Acura is only manufacturer I know of that does not have a felt strip in the window pocket. Makes tints a PITA.

I had to have my rears redone last week for scratches. $120 extra.

Shoulda went with Pinnacle F1 Ceramic and felt all around the FIRST time. Would've cost the same in the end.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned

it comes with felt stripping man but they come off.. If they take off the tints think I can change the tints in the back to limo if they take them off anywya?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 PM
AZ Community Team

I mean when the car comes from the factory - there is no felt. Acura is the only one I know of that's like that. My Chevy has felt, my last GM had felt, my last Ford had felt.

If they take 'em off, they can put on whatever you want. Might charge you though.

GL.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned

if they gonna replace them lifetime warranty does it matter which film they use? Anyway u think if I tell them to pay for the felt i hAd to have replaced myself they will or should i stfu about it.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Instructor

should have went to solar man...
Old 10-12-2007, 01:15 AM
RamRod FD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have Navi in your TL make sure they don't put a film that has a metal layer in it or it'll screw up your Navi!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Banned

like how my navi works fine.. I already got my tints..
Old 10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Pro

Like you, I also got $300 tints from the dealer.

A month after driving it off the lot, all four windows had deep scratches in the tint. I took it into the dealer and told them I wanted the tint replaced.

Unlike you, however, the dealer didn't give me any trouble. They replaced the tint and installed moleskin strips for free. They also gave me a rental for the day. No problems since then.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:05 PM
2010 CBP SH-AWD

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I'm having this problem as well. When I roll my drivers side window down after it rains the first 6-8 inches nearest the rear view mirror come up with water when I roll the windows back up.

Someone posted earlier that this is normal? Really? I was just wondering if any damage could be done with any water getting inside the door?

If this isn't normal should I address this with the dealer or the tint shop?

Thanks...
Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
2010 CBP SH-AWD

Anyone?