2006 TL 6 speed manual body control module?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 08:25 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 TL 6 speed manual body control module?

I have been having a problem with my passengers side front door lock. If I operate from the driver's side everything works normal. If I touch the passenger control to unlock lock it freezes up and won't move. I have to go back and forth for like 5 mins lock unlock and trying to pull the lock pin up to get it to unlock. I had a few things dned at the Honda dealer a few weeks ago and asked them to diagnose. They told me it was the door lock actuator. I wasn't about to pay their price to replace. I have life time alignments through firestone so I dropped the car off for a free alignment and to change the lock actuator. They replaced the actuator and it did the exact same thing. The passenger locks but won't unlock. The bench tested the old one and showed me that it works perfectly fine. So they took the new one out and didn't charge me for it. They went to diagnose it. They went through the diagrams and said the computer isn't sending power to unlock it. They told me my body control module is bad and that they think it's in the ECU so I have to take it to the dealer. Only the dealer can program a new ecu to your car they said. Here's my questions. Does this sound right? Is there a separate body control module on 2006 TL 6 speed manual? Also when I bought the car the guy said he ran hondata on it to make vtec click in at 4 and a half thousand rpms which it does. I though you can only run hondata in 07 08. Does that mean I have a 07 08 ecu? Also where's is the ecu or if there is a body control module where is that?
Old 05-04-2018, 07:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Anyone?
Old 05-04-2018, 07:42 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
You're saying if you operate the door lock from driver side, everything is fine (the passenger door unlocks?), but if you're operating from the passenger side, then the passenger side door lock gets stuck?

1) Definitely not the actuator, Honda dealer is dumb and Firestone is right about that.
2) Did Firestone test the switch? That would be the first step in diagnosing. Then door multiplex. Until that is done, you could be messing with things you shouldn't be.

Check service manual to see how to test.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by polobunny
You're saying if you operate the door lock from driver side, everything is fine (the passenger door unlocks?), but if you're operating from the passenger side, then the passenger side door lock gets stuck?

1) Definitely not the actuator, Honda dealer is dumb and Firestone is right about that.
2) Did Firestone test the switch? That would be the first step in diagnosing. Then door multiplex. Until that is done, you could be messing with things you shouldn't be.

Check service manual to see how to test.

Sorry I didn't see that anyone answered. I gave up and took the car to Acura to diagnose since they would have to put the micu in so it can be programmed. Well...... Everyone before is a dumb mother f****ER. Acura said there's something wrong with the inside door lever that u pull to unlock. They took the door apart and saw the lever wasn't connected right. They also said the wire that unlocks and locks to the actuator was dry and they lubed it. Surprise everything is as good as new.