04 TL AC Schrader Valve Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 TL AC Schrader Valve Sizes

Hey Aziners, does anyone know what size schrader valves an 04 TL uses, for the AC high side and low side? I tried searching for it and had no luck. Both of my valves are leaking and I want to replace them soon, it's getting HOT in Va. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
Santech A/C System Valve Core and Cap Kit MT2909 - Read 2 Reviews on Santech #MT2909

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c3...s-tubing/15858
Old 06-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Advanced

Thanks Turbonut, however I was looking for something that told me the actual size of the schrader valves. The reason is that I want to order this tool on Amazon that allows you to replace these valves without losing the freon, and therefore not having to pull a vacuum to get the air out of the system. It's 50 to 80 bucks so I just want to make sure I order the right one for the schrader valve sizes in the TL. The dealer wanted 480.00 to do this.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fulla
Thanks Turbonut, however I was looking for something that told me the actual size of the schrader valves. The reason is that I want to order this tool on Amazon that allows you to replace these valves without losing the freon, and therefore not having to pull a vacuum to get the air out of the system. It's 50 to 80 bucks so I just want to make sure I order the right one for the schrader valve sizes in the TL. The dealer wanted 480.00 to do this.
Really 400.00, the extra 80.00 was for the diagnosis fee.
PS: Still not sure what size schrader valves are, but the 1st link above that Turbonut left, it's the smaller sized valves, for the high and low side. I ended up pulling a vacuum after all the freon leaked out and I replaced the schrader valves and refilled.

Last edited by fulla; 06-05-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by fulla
Really 400.00, the extra 80.00 was for the diagnosis fee.
PS: Still not sure what size schrader valves are, but the 1st link above that Turbonut left, it's the smaller sized valves, for the high and low side. I ended up pulling a vacuum after all the freon leaked out and I replaced the schrader valves and refilled.
Thinking about doing this too; my Schraeder valve isn't leaking per se, but it did get a little sticky after I topped off until I jimmied it closed. Do you happen to know what size the schraeder valves were?
Old 08-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Your kidding right? $480 to do an a/c inspection? I'm sorry but they are ripping you hard. where I live the rate for the a/c recover-vacuum-recharge Is 1 hour of labour max, then what ever the refrigerant cost is if extra is used. So I would look for another shop. now your car has r134a so any shop should have that machine, a honda dealer a dodge dealer, chev, you name it, private shop....

The schrader valve is the same as a bicycle tube one, it's the exact same size. I just bought my acura to find the AC was a bit under-powered. I work as an auto tech so I did the work my self, I went to do the usual and recharge the system to find the damn valves started to leak, likely due to never being touched for ~10 years?. I recovered the system and went down to the store locally and grabbed 2. From 4 seasons the part number is 59346 you need 2, same valve for the high and low pressure lines (at least in my 06).
Amazon Amazon

to replace the valves is literally like changing them out of a bike tube, so say a minute each. UNLESS your a/c caps weren't on and there's dirt and stuff and they may be corroded in place.... but otherwise it's quick. Seriously shop around you'll find a place that'll do it for a fair price.

Also a valve that claims to work with out loosing the freon? I havent seen it but wouldnt trust that, You've lost refrigerant as your valves are leaking, you need a re-charge anyways. Also your caps are a 2nd line of defense to the valves leaking, only to a degree however.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:23 AM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
My a/c started blowing semi cool, not as cool as it was. Noticed the small line going to firewall is not warm, like I’ve been told it should be. It also appears I may have a leaking schrader valve.? Not sure.....I’ll provide a picture.

Also only getting water water out of drain tube when I put the heat on. Or turn a/c off. Trying to troubleshoot this, so any help is appreciated.

Both radiator fans a running with a/c on. Blower is working fine as well.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 489 Likes on 373 Posts
If you loosen that black cap, do you hear hissing noise, like when you open the soda bottle?

Now get it that cap tight and wait for like 1h. Unscrew it again. Is hissing noise present?

It would be also nice to take some brake cleaner / dish soap and clean the are around the cap (mostly the pipe). Looks like there may be a leak - are around it is dirty. Is it because dirt is sticking to oil escaping with refrigerant?
Old 09-27-2018, 02:34 PM
-------Tim-------

I haven’t tried to loosen that cap yet. Just noticed this morning before leaving for work, and yes whatever fluid leaked is catching the dirt from normal driving. I’m not driving the car at the moment. I will plan to clean area and drive it, with a/c on. I already tried swapping the relays, and that didn’t change anything. Am also gonna try to test to see if power is getting to the compressor/clutch and check refrigerant level....

Last edited by Slpr04UA6; 09-27-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:56 AM
-------Tim-------

Just an update. Had a leaking schrader valve on High side. Replaced that with new schrader valve, my mechanic said it’s definetly low on refrigerant, so we evacuated the system and recharged. Blowing cold air again! Yeah!

Gonna see how it goes, hopefully it’s the fix for good. Compressor is working fine at this time.

Last edited by Slpr04UA6; 09-30-2018 at 11:59 AM.