Bring It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! That looks nice
Old 09-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dezzzmond
WOW! That looks nice
Thanks, Tint's next. Since you're in NOVA, do you know where the best Tint shop's located?

Someone told me to goto LA tint. I'm still a little new to this area, so any info would help.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Desi Pride

Car looks good. Yeah go to LA Tint. Very professional and great work too. I have had three cars tinted there myself and have referred several friends to them also. They are located in Sterling, VA.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:19 PM
G.O.A.T

nice wheels...
Old 09-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nayyarn
Car looks good. Yeah go to LA Tint. Very professional and great work too. I have had three cars tinted there myself and have referred several friends to them also. They are located in Sterling, VA.
Thanks! You've just confirmed my choice.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Those look good, but they aren't hubcentric, Acura requires a 64.1mm centerbore, Those have a 76mm centerbore. Maybe you have hub rings?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rondog
Those look good, but they aren't hubcentric, Acura requires a 64.1mm centerbore, Those have a 76mm centerbore. Maybe you have hub rings?
Thanks!

Some guy at the TSW manufacturing facility told me that. I didnt do the install, but I do know there was a box that said "TSW Hardware". I'm unsure what was in that box. They knew what type of vehicle I was putting them on before they shipped, so you may be correct. The info from the dude may be incorrect. They ride perfect!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Intermediate

I am also from Northern VA and my Mondello just came in today. I also got 19's. I have the anthracite TL though. I also ordered the A-spec suspension and OEM spoiler. I am going to get everything installed at the same time at Radley Acura. Pics will follow. Are there any Northern VA TL meets?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by DrumNBassTL
I am also from Northern VA and my Mondello just came in today. I also got 19's. I have the anthracite TL though. I also ordered the A-spec suspension and OEM spoiler. I am going to get everything installed at the same time at Radley Acura. Pics will follow. Are there any Northern VA TL meets?
That's where i bought mine from, Radley...from my man Fred . I need to know the same thing. If nothing in the NOVA area, why don't we try to start something. I just got a condo in the Alexandria, VA area right off 395/king st. Holla Bak if you tryn to do something in the area.

I was looking at the RonJon Kit. Seems HOT! let me know what you think 'bout it.

I'm out.Peace
Old 09-10-2005, 02:15 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this is a shot in the dark but did you happen to take thes pics at the brushless car wash located at the Mobil in 7 Corners?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:18 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by gabetl
Thanks, Tint's next. Since you're in NOVA, do you know where the best Tint shop's located?

Someone told me to goto LA tint. I'm still a little new to this area, so any info would help.

I had all my cars done by California Tint, they do a great job. Hit them off: (703) 757-9535. Ask for Mike.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
I know this is a shot in the dark but did you happen to take thes pics at the brushless car wash located at the Mobil in 7 Corners?
Yes, you hit the target! You gotta be frequent customer to know that by the pics. Good observation....a lil scary too, LoL.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:32 AM
アキュラ 力

Yes, you hit the target! You gotta be frequent customer to know that by the pics. Good observation....a lil scary too, LoL.

I thought it looked familiar. I only get my car washed at the touchless car washes to avoid scratching my paint. So I pretty much know where most of the local touchless car washes are. I actually bought my 2003 TL-S at Radley brand new in 2002, so I've hit that carwash a few times on the way through! By the way there is a mini meet today in Great Falls, this is mainly a TSX event but other Acuras are allowed, see this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...0&page=1&pp=25 Myself and a couple of buddies might go if we can make it...

By the way, very nice choice of rim. I've looked at those before but the offset is to low for the 2G if you're dropped. I have my Ronjon Inspyres on order and they should be in at the end of the month as they are sold out at the present time
Old 09-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Intermediate

Hey Gabe I am definitely down for starting something. Do you have any other friends looking for a condo have one listed in McLean (I'm a realtor). The Ron Jon kit is real nice. I just dropped 3g's on the stuff I just got plus installation costs so I am going to chill for a bit. I do have a 10" sub and an amp I need someone to install. Do you know of anyone? Hit me back, PEACE!
Old 09-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Intermediate

That mini meet sounds fun, I have open houses to do today so I know I can't make it. We need to get something started for the Northern VA TL owners ;-)
Old 09-10-2005, 12:00 PM
アキュラ 力

Hey Gabe I am definitely down for starting something. Do you have any other friends looking for a condo have one listed in McLean (I'm a realtor). The Ron Jon kit is real nice. I just dropped 3g's on the stuff I just got plus installation costs so I am going to chill for a bit. I do have a 10" sub and an amp I need someone to install. Do you know of anyone? Hit me back, PEACE!

DrumNBass, you might want to try the Bestbuy near Radley, the installed my friend's amp and sub for something like 60-70 dollars. I had mine installed by Myer Emco. They have done all the systems in my cars.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:10 PM
10th Gear

I just gotta say dyaaaaam. That looks good. I have those same rims on my christmas wish list (still saving up). These wheels seems to be a popular choice among SSM TL's as I've seen other postings over the internet. I'm starting to worry that my car (also an SSM) won't be so original. Who cares though, they look damn good. And your photos definately prove that.
I was just wondering how much you paid for the rims/tires package. And how's the ride with 19's?
Old 09-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Advanced

I thought it looked familiar. I only get my car washed at the touchless car washes to avoid scratching my paint. So I pretty much know where most of the local touchless car washes are. I actually bought my 2003 TL-S at Radley brand new in 2002, so I've hit that carwash a few times on the way through! By the way there is a mini meet today in Great Falls, this is mainly a TSX event but other Acuras are allowed, see this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...0&page=1&pp=25 Myself and a couple of buddies might go if we can make it...

By the way, very nice choice of rim. I've looked at those before but the offset is to low for the 2G if you're dropped. I have my Ronjon Inspyres on order and they should be in at the end of the month as they are sold out at the present time
Thanks!

I wish I could've made the car meet, but I've got a lot on the agenda for today and tonight I may go Out.

I was debating on the RonJons for a while, going back/forth. When I saw the TSW's in Person, that was the determining factor.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cjalcanta
I just gotta say dyaaaaam. That looks good. I have those same rims on my christmas wish list (still saving up). These wheels seems to be a popular choice among SSM TL's as I've seen other postings over the internet. I'm starting to worry that my car (also an SSM) won't be so original. Who cares though, they look damn good. And your photos definately prove that.
I was just wondering how much you paid for the rims/tires package. And how's the ride with 19's?

Thanks!

I paid around 2g's for everything. I bought tires from www.victoriatire.com and wheels from www.black-wheel.com
Old 09-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Advanced

I have 2 12's in an enclosed box in the trunk hooked to a 1200 watt amp. I had the guys at "Car Stereo" off route 50 install mine. I also had them install a hard-wired Modulator for my IPOD and a Viper remote start system. They're really professional and you can see NO wires at all. I still have enough room in the trunk to get the spare out, so it's On-Point!

I have a co-worker who's starting the process of looking. The market's supposedly declining now. I'll talk with him on Monday and holla back with any additional info on that.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Intermediate

Yeah I want my 10" sub and amp on opposite sides of my trunk so they don't take up any trunk space. I know that would take some customization. Where is "Car Stereo" located?

Now is a good time to look, the buyers are regaining some control. If he needs the help of a realtor let me know, it's free to him.

Any ideas for a place for the TL'ers to meet sometime? Peace!
Old 09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Intermediate

Oh man I should get you one of my cd's to pump in your car. I play drum and bass. I use to play at Buzz in Wash D.C. amongst other places. I retired, but I still make cd's of myself djing and give them out to friends. Drum N Bass will really give your 12's a workout. Peace!
Old 09-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Intermediate

Yo Gabe I just checked your profile and saw that your birthday is July 10th, mine is July 5th. :-)
Old 09-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Advanced

Oh man I should get you one of my cd's to pump in your car. I play drum and bass. I use to play at Buzz in Wash D.C. amongst other places. I retired, but I still make cd's of myself djing and give them out to friends. Drum N Bass will really give your 12's a workout. Peace!
HOT! That's Whassup, I would love to vibrate some windows or two. We need to hookup and find a spot for the TL Meet. I don't know enough 'bout the city to even give suggestions.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Advanced

Yo Gabe I just checked your profile and saw that your birthday is July 10th, mine is July 5th. :-)
CANCER's in the House!!!! Represent
Old 09-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cjalcanta

The Ride feels about 98% of what the comfort level of the factory wheels are on the 235/45/19's They're a lot different than 235/35/19's which I felt a significant difference. The other 2% you'll notice on PotHoles.....I've hit 2 already in D.C. and I'm sure Chicago's about the same based on where you live. No damage to the wheels......I would HIGHLY recommend 235/45/19's if you go with 19's If you're in a large urban setting.....that's if you don't wanna drop to low. It varies on the roads and conditions.

Hope this helps
Old 09-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Intermediate

I guess we both need to do some research. I say anyplace with a parking lot, especially for the first one. Keep it basic. See what the turnout is and go from there. What do you think?
Old 09-11-2005, 12:26 AM
10th Gear

The Ride feels about 98% of what the comfort level of the factory wheels are on the 235/45/19's They're a lot different than 235/35/19's which I felt a significant difference. The other 2% you'll notice on PotHoles.....I've hit 2 already in D.C. and I'm sure Chicago's about the same based on where you live. No damage to the wheels......I would HIGHLY recommend 235/45/19's if you go with 19's If you're in a large urban setting.....that's if you don't wanna drop to low. It varies on the roads and conditions.

Hope this helps
I appreciate the info. 98% comfort sounds pretty damn good for 19 inch rims. Although, Im still treading on crappy EL42's. Can't wait to get rid of em. Ya, pot holes really suck in Chicago as well but what can u do.

Anyway, kudos again on a nice TL with them nice new kicks.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:00 AM
アキュラ 力

I guess we both need to do some research. I say anyplace with a parking lot, especially for the first one. Keep it basic. See what the turnout is and go from there. What do you think?
Yes! Let me know if you all want to get together some time. I have two other buddies with TL'S. But if you decide to we need to create a separate thread for this, Thanks guys!
Old 09-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Intermediate

Lets create the thread. Who wants to head it up?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:45 AM
アキュラ 力

Lets create the thread. Who wants to head it up?

Hey all, continue the discussion here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...22#post4375122, they already have a discussion going regarding a MD/VA/DC meet. Oops. I almost forgot I participated in this thread
Old 09-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Advanced

Hey all, continue the discussion here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...22#post4375122, they already have a discussion going regarding a MD/VA/DC meet. Oops. I almost forgot I participated in this thread
Is this a TL Meet or ACURA in general?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:08 PM
アキュラ 力

General, but it looks like we need to come up with a date. Hopefully it will be towards the end of the month so I will have my rims on by then
Old 09-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Advanced

General, but it looks like we need to come up with a date. Hopefully it will be towards the end of the month so I will have my rims on by then

Cool, Well how 'bout I start a new thread for just TL owners....not trying to be biased or anything....but most of our Ideas will be directed towards our models...TSX got their own...so why not TL's in the DC Metro.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:21 PM
アキュラ 力

Sounds good bro! Let's throw some dates around and see what we come up with.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Instructor

hot wheels!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys, just noticed this thread... I am also in NOVA and would love to meet up... I gotta see those rims in person... Anyway, lets get something going.......
Old 09-13-2005, 08:46 AM
アキュラ 力

Ok guys, lets move all discussions about the meet here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...11#post4378011 as we have gone way off topic on this thread.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vanos
hot wheels!
Thanks!

Quick Reply: SSM, 19" TSW Mondello - HyperBlack,Machine Lip