Rear TailLights Tinted....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If someone can't see the 3rd brake light they don't need to be driving.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by kona
I think if you order from the rockblocker website you'll get the 20%. If you want the 35% then you need to ask for it via email or phone call.

I have the 20% and have experienced no problem from police at night. One pulled up right behind me at a stoplight the other day, maybe I got lucky. I believe there is a safety issue driving in bright sunlight. With turn signals on, I have to look hard to see them blinking even from a few feet away. Definately a violation of 24600 VC.

I love the deep ruby red but the safety issue concerns me. I'd like to see a 10% tint.
I remember this discussion earlier. I know with window tints the higher the percentage the lighter the tint.

People on Acurazine were saying it is the opposite for tinting lights, etc. (i.e. 35% is darker than 20%). Is this true or not?
Old 03-20-2005, 04:12 PM
EnJ
Anti-Acura TL

Originally Posted by JATTerbot 0.9
well u can keep ur shit to ur self
Why do I have to keep my shit to myself? Most of the time I do, unlike yourself who feels the need to reply to every post on the forum. This is an open forum and if you don't want criticism, don't post. I think your car looks like shit, bottom line. If I was driving behind you and hit you because I couldn't see your brake lights, I'd make sure the police note in the report your brake lights are tinted and your insurance company fixes my car. It's a stupid mod in my opinion; hopefully you won't regret doing it if you like it.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
I remember this discussion earlier. I know with window tints the higher the percentage the lighter the tint.

People on Acurazine were saying it is the opposite for tinting lights, etc. (i.e. 35% is darker than 20%). Is this true or not?
For tailights I believe 35% is the darker. See post #40 from RockBlocker on the below link.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...6&page=2&pp=25
Old 03-20-2005, 05:07 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by EnJ
Why do I have to keep my shit to myself? Most of the time I do, unlike yourself who feels the need to reply to every post on the forum. This is an open forum and if you don't want criticism, don't post. I think your car looks like shit, bottom line. If I was driving behind you and hit you because I couldn't see your brake lights, I'd make sure the police note in the report your brake lights are tinted and your insurance company fixes my car. It's a stupid mod in my opinion; hopefully you won't regret doing it if you like it.
well the tint 20% and when i brake, others can clearly see the brake light. Like u said, i dont and wont regret doing it.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:35 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

ok new pics.....

pressing brake

with lights on (at night its more brighter)

Old 03-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
jatt, could u just post bigger pics here instead of going to open them one by one?
Old 03-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Never mind...

Old 03-20-2005, 06:29 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

thanx rets
Old 03-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not my style, makes the car look more "cheap" but it does look good on nhb. I don't want to sound like a geezer but you increased your odds of getting hit from behind, personally i don't think its worth it even for the looks. from my experience w/ cars like this i noticed i had to pay more close attention than needed to the brake lights, so i just avoid it and pass away.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:36 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Not my style, makes the car look more "cheap" but it does look good on nhb. I don't want to sound like a geezer but you increased your odds of getting hit from behind, personally i don't think its worth it even for the looks. from my experience w/ cars like this i noticed i had to pay more close attention than needed to the brake lights, so i just avoid it and pass away.
yeah but dont avoid me and pass away

everyone got differenet taste
Old 03-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Racer

Well, after viewing Jatt's pics I went outside and took a few daylight shots (3:00pm).
Viewed tail lights when:
1. Using FOB lock/unlock. Result - tail lights were very dim. No big deal.
2. Headlights on. Result - tail lights were very dim.
3. Pressed brakes. Result - tail lights are clearly visible, similar to Jatt's pic.
4. Turn signal on. Result - tail light is clearly visible.

My previous post was based on observations from tests #1 & #2, only. However, after conducting all four tests I feel much more confident about the daytime safety issue.

Click on pics.

Brake pressed.

Left turn signal on.

Sunlight hitting tail light, bringing out the ruby color.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kona
Well, after viewing Jatt's pics I went outside and took a few daylight shots (3:00pm).
Viewed tail lights when:
1. Using FOB lock/unlock. Result - tail lights were very dim. No big deal.
2. Headlights on. Result - tail lights were very dim.
3. Pressed brakes. Result - tail lights are clearly visible, similar to Jatt's pic.
4. Turn signal on. Result - tail light is clearly visible.

My previous post was based on observations from tests #1 & #2, only. However, after conducting all four tests I feel much more confident about the daytime safety issue.

Click on pics.

Brake pressed.

Left turn signal on.

Sunlight hitting tail light, bringing out the ruby color.
Looks great man! I got an AM also and my rockblocker is still sitting in the trunk, waiting for the rain to go away I'm really surprised how well it turned out on AM, it really does look good. kona, did you get yours professional installed at a shop or did you DIY?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
If you couldn't see those tail lights light up during the day, please stay off the road.

And as for cheap, thats your opinion. But just a thought, Mercedes tints the tails from the factory on the SL 55 and 65
Old 03-20-2005, 08:34 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i like the look... but it clearly cuts down the intensity of the lights....

i also dont like how it looks with the rear side markers stock
Old 03-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by t-dogg
Looks great man! I got an AM also and my rockblocker is still sitting in the trunk, waiting for the rain to go away I'm really surprised how well it turned out on AM, it really does look good. kona, did you get yours professional installed at a shop or did you DIY?
It was a DIY, RockBlocker sends instructions. Just remember to use lots of solution and to work from the center out to the edges.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t-dogg
That looks hot
Old 03-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Intermediate

I think it looks nice, but I would never do it ... just imagine some unscrupulous dummy rear ends you ... totally his fault ... yet you could end up with a ticket for tinted tail lights and that dummy could go hire some just as unscrupulous lawyer and make your life miserable, even if he doesn't win in the end ... is that really a chance worth taking in today's overly-litigious society?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Looks great Jatt boy!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Banned

Jatt,

Thanks for posting up these pics on the site. We added some of them to our site.

For those that might have any questions please feel free to let us know or check the Vendor Sale section. We would be glad to help. One thing Ididnt see much of was brake light pictures so here is on that we got from a fellow board member.

Old school, but still gives off the effect.

More Pics are available by Clicking here

Have a great day folks

Chad