New (Crappy Quality) Piks of how we do in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006 | 01:26 PM
B A N N E D

New (Crappy Quality) Piks of how we do in Miami

Hey guys whats up havnt posted any piks in a while, been waiting to finish up the mods. Well this is what ive done so far. Will take better quality piks later on tonight including piks of the engine cover, shrouds and trunk which are all already fnished. Let me know what you guys think...

Smoked Tails, Markers & Debagged trunk lid

Front lights tinted % Lower mesh grill added

9.2" Dual Headrest TV monitors

8" Dual Visor TV monitors & DVD player in glove box

Here are some piks before i tinted the lights at a local car show

And these are the wheels im looking forward to buying in a couple of months.
20X8.5 front and 20X10 rear. Same setup i have now im just gonna slam it to the ground about 2.5".

Hope u enjoy my camera phone piks. lol . Let me know what you think..
Old 12-20-2006 | 01:28 PM
321 whp SAE

headrests are horrible
Old 12-20-2006 | 01:31 PM
it's 4:20

And the wheels are even WORSE....
Old 12-20-2006 | 01:33 PM
B A N N E D

Too each their own man... Thats just what i like
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Schulminator
And the wheels are even WORSE....
The ones on the car or the ones im planning on purchasing?
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
headrests are horrible
They look TOO BIGGG
Old 12-20-2006 | 01:37 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by juruki
They look TOO BIGGG
lol. The 7" that others do weren't cutting it for me... I like to do it big.
Old 12-20-2006 | 02:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Bigger is better is the american way...............but it is not necessarily the correct way in terms of visual balance, there is such a thing as proportion that needs to be considered. Just like louder sound does not equate to better sound, having a monitor that does not comfortably fit into its location does not make it better, only bigger. My position on staggered wheel setups on this car is also not very popular. While I agree that it looks very aggressive and is visually appealing to the show car crowd, the fact of the matter is that it is a FWD car and the people who know this will logically come to the conclusion that it is handicapping the vehicles performance for the sake of vanity. I am sure you have all heard this before.........form follows function & less is more.
Old 12-20-2006 | 03:14 PM
B A N N E D

i know staggered is for RWD but i like the look. And i know it affects performance thats why i bought a TL cause its not a race car. If i wanted speed i would of gotten something that responds to performance mods way better than the TL. As for the TVs, im in a car club and attend at least 2 shows a month and i love the look of them and the points i get for them at the shows....
Old 12-20-2006 | 03:18 PM
Advanced

Since you ask what we think....!

here is my

Head rest: Looks like stock cavalier HR..Stick with oem...! I love the big screen tho...!

Sun visor: Dose it even clip on? It doesn’t look custom...! Looks more like e-bay clearance special

and lastly loose the TL badge on the dash...!
looks

other wise...nice ride
Old 12-20-2006 | 03:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by pohljm
Bigger is better is the american way...............but it is not necessarily the correct way in terms of visual balance, there is such a thing as proportion that needs to be considered. Just like louder sound does not equate to better sound, having a monitor that does not comfortably fit into its location does not make it better, only bigger. My position on staggered wheel setups on this car is also not very popular. While I agree that it looks very aggressive and is visually appealing to the show car crowd, the fact of the matter is that it is a FWD car and the people who know this will logically come to the conclusion that it is handicapping the vehicles performance for the sake of vanity. I am sure you have all heard this before.........form follows function & less is more.
oh
Old 12-20-2006 | 03:27 PM
Visionary Styles Crew

damm! you guys were tough on this guy. let's give him some props before we bash him. everyone here has different taste. it's his money and if he likes it then that's what counts.

i like the fact that the car looks very clean. kit and wheels look good. i'm not a fan of some mods but to each his own. congrates.
Old 12-20-2006 | 03:33 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by TLova
Since you ask what we think....!

here is my

Head rest: Looks like stock cavalier HR..Stick with oem...! I love the big screen tho...!

Sun visor: Dose it even clip on? It doesn’t look custom...! Looks more like e-bay clearance special

and lastly loose the TL badge on the dash...!
looks

other wise...nice ride
yea the visor clips on perfect its just i pushed it back to take the pik.
Old 12-20-2006 | 03:36 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by gomezine
damm! you guys were tough on this guy. let's give him some props before we bash him. everyone here has different taste. it's his money and if he likes it then that's what counts.

i like the fact that the car looks very clean. kit and wheels look good. i'm not a fan of some mods but to each his own. congrates.
Thanks for some positive feed back.... Geeez now i know why i havnt seen too many Tl drivers with tv's, guess its tooo ghetto for the north people. Well let me tell u people how it is done down south. As many tvs as u can fit on the car and big rims... Thats why there are different colors for people to choose from... ohh and another thing "Opinions are like assholes everyone has one"
Old 12-20-2006 | 04:54 PM
Burning Brakes

I say keep the wheels you have now, they look way better than the other ones you want to get. If you want a black wheel, than paint the wheels, that will look prettty nice with all the tint
Old 12-20-2006 | 06:46 PM
Welcome to Olliewood

Things i like:
Rims
Tinted Tails
Mesh
Visor TV's
Lip

Not so much:
Headrest TV size
Tinted Headlights (black/clear em)
TL Badge on dash

Split on ure future rims though..and if u wanna rep ure name u gotta go even lower
Old 12-20-2006 | 07:01 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

it's kinda funky in here. not a good vibe.

all this some work. so i commend you for that.
Old 12-20-2006 | 08:47 PM
dannyboy2120

hey man, you car looks good at doesn't matter what the people say, i wish i had a Tl like you, you already have a nice car, if u dont mind i will like to recoment you axis wheels, they nice, good quality and u will never have problems with missing balance or shake they really good and believe me they will look hot in ur car, here some pictures i hope u like it...

I had those wheels in my car, and they were hot, i have in black, here some pics enjoy it...

Old 12-21-2006 | 12:17 AM
2006 TL

Wow... some haters up in here i see... Well I think your car looks great, bro. Keep up the good work. I have my headlights tinted and the chrome strip on my grille also, but i'm probably going to color match or black out the lights soon. The only thing that baffled me was when I thought "this kid's in a car club, shows his car, invests a LOT of $$ in the car - and NO NAVI?!?! What's that about?" But whatever floats ur boat. I've been trying to do a mesh grille conversion for a while now - how'd you do yours?
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

i like the Giovanna's better..it goes with his "dub-going big" theme....But I dont think those Giovannas would fit, it looks like they are for 6 lug truck. Do they come a 5 lug for a car?
Old 12-21-2006 | 01:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Nice ride, you fit that small percentage of TL owners who go for the "Bigger is Better" theme. Its coo, as long as it reflects your lifestyle.
Old 12-21-2006 | 01:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by imrantl
oh
oh yeah!
Old 12-21-2006 | 06:49 AM
03 TL-S

sounds like there are some haters...
Old 12-21-2006 | 08:28 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Ride is looking good, I would keep your wheels though not feelin those Giovannis
Old 12-21-2006 | 09:25 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dannyboy2120
hey man, you car looks good at doesn't matter what the people say, i wish i had a Tl like you, you already have a nice car, if u dont mind i will like to recoment you axis wheels, they nice, good quality and u will never have problems with missing balance or shake they really good and believe me they will look hot in ur car, here some pictures i hope u like it...

I had those wheels in my car, and they were hot, i have in black, here some pics enjoy it...

hey man are you in bay plaza in coop city.haha
Old 12-21-2006 | 11:20 AM
iScrape going into

Looks good, although they headrest tv's are alittle big, If it's what you like than thats all that matters. As far as the car it looks sick. Nicely done.
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:32 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Distorted Reality
Looks good, although they headrest tv's are alittle big, If it's what you like than thats all that matters. As far as the car it looks sick. Nicely done.
Thanks man appreciate the compliment. I just dont like how the 7" screens look and thats the biggest you can go on the stock head rest. Thanks man....
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:49 PM
Opium den in

Originally Posted by DIRTYSOUTH_TYPE-S
Lol I dunno about hating but just difference of opinions, some people like it some dont. Too flashy for me, I had 19's on my car and I felt like I was 17 again when all those ricers would pull up next to me and try to race me...
Old 12-21-2006 | 04:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by DIRTYSOUTH_TYPE-S
No haters at all.......He asked us what we thought, and people are letting him know
Old 12-21-2006 | 04:41 PM
B A N N E D

No haters at all.......He asked us what we thought, and people are letting him know
No i would call it Hatting..... A simple "no not my taste" would of been sufficient. But then people like you that reply a whole book of words, yea its called Hating... Work like this and thousands of dollars invested should be appreciated..
Old 12-21-2006 | 05:45 PM
VS#03

Like you said.......it's your opinion, like the old saying (opinions are like assholes.......everybody has one) it's your and you have the right to express your opinion but like another old say that is said (if you don't have anything good to say.......don't say it at all). I have staggered 20s setup and I'm not handicapped at all in performance for ex. if me and you were to see who TL will perform the best........personally I think I will out perform you, with the 20's on. We all need to get past this myth about staggered 20's, because I have a set on & the work well. Hey Jason.......that setup will work well, pm me so I can give you the info for the 20's.

Kevin
Old 12-21-2006 | 05:56 PM
VS#03

We are not racing.......we are here to enjoy our TLs, here's a shoot with 20's fitting perfect, with no rubbing and out perform must cars out there.

Here's a shot from the rear with the 20's tucked in the rear.
Old 12-21-2006 | 11:03 PM
B A N N E D

Yo K-Shawn thanks for the support . When is it your coming down so we can have a lil photo shoot? Ill Pm u later with details of my next set up in a bit, acutally i have a couple different in mind, so u can let me know what you think.

And heres a picture i found of my car last weekend at HIN MIami 2006
Old 12-21-2006 | 11:35 PM
Instructor

the car is def not my style .. but the one thing that really concerns me

is that you took arguably the best bi-xenon headlights out right now and put TINT ON THEM ??? WTF ???

thats got to be the dumbest thing ever ... nothing like sacraficing your vision for vanity .. but hey .. its not my car
Old 12-21-2006 | 11:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by K-Shawn
Like you said.......it's your opinion, like the old saying (opinions are like assholes.......everybody has one) it's your and you have the right to express your opinion but like another old say that is said (if you don't have anything good to say.......don't say it at all). I have staggered 20s setup and I'm not handicapped at all in performance for ex. if me and you were to see who TL will perform the best........personally I think I will out perform you, with the 20's on. We all need to get past this myth about staggered 20's, because I have a set on & the work well. Hey Jason.......that setup will work well, pm me so I can give you the info for the 20's.

Kevin
Hey I really like the way it looks! and everything I said is good. But if you think identical TL's with one running 20's and other running 17's, even with identical tire diameters, will be equal in performance you are sadly mistaken. The 17's will out accelerate and out top speed the 20's by a significant margin. But yeah I agree they look hot! And I am not hating..........and I am not giving you my two cents.........I am giving you the undeniable facts

By the way your car looks great!
Old 12-22-2006 | 12:40 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slammed_JDM
No i would call it Hatting..... A simple "no not my taste" would of been sufficient. But then people like you that reply a whole book of words, yea its called Hating... Work like this and thousands of dollars invested should be appreciated..

wow......why ask for if u gona bash what people are saying

you ask for our openion .............i gave you my thoughts...!

dont get me wrong...you got nice ride...i would kill to have some of the mods that you got on...!

please dont take it personally...!

but for next time..if you arent ready for the honest openion..maybe you shoudnt ask
Old 12-22-2006 | 11:41 AM
VS#03

Hey I really like the way it looks! and everything I said is good. But if you think identical TL's with one running 20's and other running 17's, even with identical tire diameters, will be equal in performance you are sadly mistaken. The 17's will out accelerate and out top speed the 20's by a significant margin. But yeah I agree they look hot! And I am not hating..........and I am not giving you my two cents.........I am giving you the undeniable facts

Why are you copping half a plea........now you really like it, all you have been is critical about the staggered 20s. Personally I will take you out with my 20s and my 17s with no problems. What I have under the hood I'll have no problem leave you 2 car lengths. Too bad you're not over her in Jerzey........this Hot RRP will embarrass you in performance and looks and I'm not bragging on my ride but you need to know your position.......son.

Kevin
Old 12-22-2006 | 11:50 AM
VS#03

Also thankyou for the compliment.........your RRP is hot also, there's like three hot RRP TLs on the forum myself, ChicoOg, and you. We have to all stick together......don't mind my last post Pohljm, Merry Xmas & a Happy & Safe New Year to you and your family and to whom ever reads this thread and also to the members that have posted on this thread.

Merry Xmas

Kevin
Old 12-22-2006 | 12:15 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Looks alot like mine but:

you should def black out the headlamps, rather than tinting. it is unsafe, illegal and greatly decreases light output.
Old 12-22-2006 | 12:46 PM
All the world's a stage

Props for "doing you" and modding your car the way "you" want it. That's why we do it anyways, right, to make yourself happy.

But IN MY OPINION, I have a taste in my mouth when I look at your car.

Quick Reply: New (Crappy Quality) Piks of how we do in Miami