Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Boost or die.

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
AMEN TO THAT!!!

do it b.... atleast you know you can easily.... sell the volks, get some $$... and get a supercharger from Josh... see if he's still selling them for under $4k brand new.... then you will be complete
lol it's just too much bread homie....

Originally Posted by jptl04
looks good B! how did you mount the spoiler? 3M tape? wheels are cant wait to see the headlights
Yup, 3M tape and since it's on glass that thing is NOT going anywhere....

Originally Posted by ib18c1
oh man, your car looks so DYNAMIC right now with the meisters! I seriously can say that this is one of the nicest TL i have ever seen! (notice i didn't say just nbp) =o totally nice ride Brian

I really dig the stepped lip wheels nowdays....I myself am trying to go away from the Jdm look to the TL and be more of a Euro look which seems to be what you are doing as well =] time to poke those meisters!

keep up the good work man
THanks for the approval, your car is on my top 3 list so I guess we share similar feelings
Old 02-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Safety Car

Okay I've decided to record a video of my exhaust set up, consisting of mostly fly bys. I do not know a single thing on video editing so I left the recording as is, and my camera has crappy video quality so bear with me lol.

Also, seconds of your life WILL BE WASTED as I need to turn around to get the car back near the camera hahaha

Here is what you are hearing:

AEM intake
P2R TB spacer
UR lightweight pulley
RV6 pre-cat deletes
ATLP J-Pipe
ATLP Hi-flow cat
ATLP full quad catback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7jJbOuzM
Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Nice Video and ride!! I thought you were going to run over the camera for sec..lol.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
sounds familiar... i would try again on a less windy day though....
Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Safety Car

lol I made sure the cam was dead center under my car

Here's how it sounds in the cabin.
(Might have to wait till it processes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV_VW4juu5M
Old 02-28-2009, 03:04 PM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If someone asked me to pick a favorite TL, it would either be your ride or Eric's or Allon's. Finalizing a decision would require some form of bribery.

AMAZING car. This thread delivers in every possible way. You have a very clean yet also unbelievably gangsta' looking ride.

Win.

Also, Allon, Josh is still doing great prices on blowers... ask me why I know that... hahaha.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats was my jam in the second vid lol... nice vids B
Old 02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Pro

If the ATLP roof spoiler ends up looking half as nice as the Sarona I'll be happy. Love the way that looks on the TL. The angle of it is perfect. Just wish the price was lower.

Fly-bys sound great. Actually a lot better than I was expecting with the pre-cat deletes. Do you have any just revving other than the last bit of the fly-by vid? Doesn't sound like you have any rast with your setup. I'm assuming the hi-flow is the reason for that. I'm waiting for Mike to get some more hi-flows. Hoping it cuts some of my cruising drone.

Definitely one of my favorite TL's on the site. There's a ton of quality work in that car, you should be proud.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:16 PM
I have car ADD

75 brazil street!!!

B... put your seatbelt on !!!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:19 PM
I have car ADD

Originally Posted by Audioserf
If someone asked me to pick a favorite TL, it would either be your ride or Eric's or Allon's. Finalizing a decision would require some form of bribery.

AMAZING car. This thread delivers in every possible way. You have a very clean yet also unbelievably gangsta' looking ride.

Win.

Also, Allon, Josh is still doing great prices on blowers... ask me why I know that... hahaha.
dont forget jptl04, ib18ci and rodneyc77.... also some of AZ's finest
Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by milk man
thats was my jam in the second vid lol... nice vids B
Haha, Nicole Fasano FTW.

Originally Posted by Audioserf

Win.

Thanks man, probably the best comment i've received on this site, lol. <3
Although ib18cl is up there too.

Originally Posted by jweb12
If the ATLP roof spoiler ends up looking half as nice as the Sarona I'll be happy. Love the way that looks on the TL. The angle of it is perfect. Just wish the price was lower.

Fly-bys sound great. Actually a lot better than I was expecting with the pre-cat deletes. Do you have any just revving other than the last bit of the fly-by vid? Doesn't sound like you have any rast with your setup. I'm assuming the hi-flow is the reason for that. I'm waiting for Mike to get some more hi-flows. Hoping it cuts some of my cruising drone.

Definitely one of my favorite TL's on the site. There's a ton of quality work in that car, you should be proud.
The Sarona wing was a success in every way, just not too many people know about it. And i'll record some more clips of revving; the rasp is only there within 5 minutes upon start up. Allon's car (blackura) sounds just like mine, but a little louder since he has a 3.5L type s. No rasp and no farting here that is usually heard from say a GReddy exhaust.

I think the Hi-flow cat has helped too; I mostly have to thank stillhere for the impeccable install, no leaks, nothing, probably eliminated rasp as well.

I am proud!

75 brazil street!!!

B... put your seatbelt on !!!
lol, awesome song.. requires intense volume though. That strip of road NEVER has any cars; it's also where my buddy with the R8 lives
Old 02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
pretty good vids b... the third flyby was nice but that last pass over was extremely unique
Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Have A Nice Day!!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good as always Brian
Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Instructor

that's such a sick car. I should take a ride up to Ithaca someday to see it before you graduate, but I'd feel embarrassed with my virtually stock tl
Old 02-28-2009, 08:50 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My car has slight mods on it and id still be embarrassed to roll next to this guy
Old 02-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Unregistered user

Originally Posted by bforbrian
lol, trade iforged for volks and you got a deal!
i'll think about it...

the pix look sick, can't wait for the lights.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Clemson Tiger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks so sick with the Works on and the sarona. I think you're running out of room to improve on your car. haha it looks amazing
Old 02-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
The car sounds amazing in those videos, Brian. How's the low end with just the HFC?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

lol it's just too much bread homie....
That's such bullshit. You got a blower's worth of "spare" parts in your garage right now. You can't roll but one set of wheels, and you really nned another set of headlights. Sack up B and get the SC. You can install yourself like the real men of this forum...

Originally Posted by BLACkURA_NY
dont forget jptl04, ib18ci and rodneyc77.... also some of AZ's finest
Left out again... I'm not a pic whore though, I can see how I'd be forgotten.
JP has the cleanest car here... EVAR. ib has the lowest, and Rodney has the most time invested with his crazy trunk/interior.

1st with two tone black and tan interior and CF replacement
1st with OG headlight mods
1st with polished blower
3rd ATLP on a 3.2

Seriously, other than the ATL roof spoiler, motor mount to be installed, and maybe a painted roof and CF hood, I got nothing left to do.

I gotta get out more.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:40 AM
2009 g37s 6mt

That's such bullshit. You got a blower's worth of "spare" parts in your garage right now. You can't roll but one set of wheels, and you really nned another set of headlights. Sack up B and get the SC. You can install yourself like the real men of this forum...

JP has the cleanest car here... EVAR. ib has the lowest, and Rodney has the most time invested with his crazy trunk/interior.

1st with polished blower
3rd ATLP on a 3.2

Seriously, other than the ATL roof spoiler, motor mount to be installed, and maybe a painted roof and CF hood, I got nothing left to do.

I gotta get out more.
im with you on the front mount...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:41 AM
2009 g37s 6mt

great video Brian and btw my exhaust dont fart...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
boost owns

Haha, I wasn't trying to leave anyone out, just went with the ones in my head at the time... there are plenty of sick rides on this site.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
2009 g37s 6mt

AMEN TO THAT!!!

do it b.... atleast you know you can easily.... sell the volks, get some $$... and get a supercharger from Josh... see if he's still selling them for under $4k brand new.... then you will be complete
I think types09 is parting out his car...
Old 03-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Safety Car

1st with polished blower
3rd ATLP on a 3.2

I gotta get out more.
lmao, at a point I did have enough for a SC but couldn't justify myself dropping 4K on one product. It's a spectacular product but I thought to myself, with the 4K I can spend for a BBK, Work wheels, and new headlights. I knew that would give me more satisfaction than a SC.

Plus, I'm auto, don't really think it's worth it.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

1st with polished blower
3rd ATLP on a 3.2

I gotta get out more.
u really needa get over yourself man.. People WILL give credit when credit's due.

anywho, keep it up brian.. U gona put a BBK in the rear?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
u really needa get over yourself man.. People WILL give credit when credit's due.
LOL... You have no idea who I am.

I don't need yours or anyones credit. My credit is jumping in my hotrod TL every morning that I've built myself.

I was merely jestfully making a joke with the folks I normally flog. It's part of who I am here.

How about you worry about which set of rims your going with again.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't need yours or anyones credit. My credit is jumping in my hotrod TL every morning that I've built myself.

I was merely jestfully making a joke with the folks I normally flog. It's part of who I am here.

don't worry about that, u'll see

When the rain stops, i'll show u. I think u'll like it, cept the fact that it's gonna be staggard.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

lmao, at a point I did have enough for a SC but couldn't justify myself dropping 4K on one product. It's a spectacular product but I thought to myself, with the 4K I can spend for a BBK, Work wheels, and new headlights. I knew that would give me more satisfaction than a SC.

oh trust me its worth it
Old 03-01-2009, 03:25 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Buy used... I got less that $2800 in mine... and i dunno about "more satisfaction". That SC delivers everytime you hit it.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Safety Car

Okay guys, here's my update..

my car got hit! woohooooooo

walked to my car at noon to go to the library and I found a foot long horizontal scratch on my front bumper, the same spot my friend's gf hit during the summer (remember that?)

There's also a scratch on my aspec lip on the passenger's side right where the fender is. wtf.

It's funny, I only get hit when my car is parked, I can be as reckless as I want and never get hit on the road, cause life just works that way.

It's not too deep, maybe I won't have to repaint the whole bumper..

Just as my car was coming to completion, some idiot on a saturday night was probably doing a 3 point turn or was just drunk and hit my car. Checked the cars around the lot and all of their bumpers front and rear were clean. Damnit. FML.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL at hotrod TL
Say, Kennedy, When you place to switch up wheels?

Okay guys, here's my update..

my car got hit! woohooooooo

walked to my car at noon to go to the library and I found a foot long horizontal scratch on my front bumper, the same spot my friend's gf hit during the summer (remember that?)

There's also a scratch on my aspec lip on the passenger's side right where the fender is. wtf.

It's funny, I only get hit when my car is parked, I can be as reckless as I want and never get hit on the road, cause life just works that way.

It's not too deep, maybe I won't have to repaint the whole bumper..

Just as my car was coming to completion, some idiot on a saturday night was probably doing a 3 point turn or was just drunk and hit my car. Checked the cars around the lot and all of their bumpers front and rear were clean. Damnit. FML.

Sucks to hear bout that dude.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Dam... that sucks Brian.. its the same with cops.. I feel like you'll never get caught when ur really speeding them then you get caught when ur doing the stupidist shit.. but hopefully it won't cost much.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:24 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Damn, that sucks How bad is it? Pics?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
damn sounds beautiful!!

cant wait till i get my type-s front end
Old 03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Safety Car

Your opinions?

A: Bar:

B: Mesh:

Old 03-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Safety Car

Just to add a bit more spice to this thread until the headlights are done...

Here are the Type 2 switchbacks I ordered; they're already in my headlights but the modding is still being worked on, as the 1157 prongs need to be connected to wires (soldered) to my 7443 backing (since i have an 05 TL).

They are white when parking lights are on, but once the turn signal is engaged, the white completely shuts off and it only blinks amber. After the turn signal is disengaged, it turns back to white after around 1 second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLDmlT12UUA

Thanks to Raj (elegant type s) for the find.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Shat son!
Those switchbacks are kick-ass.
And I say... Option B. Mesh.
Which reminds me.. I still need to finish my new-grille proj.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:37 PM
boost owns

I vote option A for SURE on the grill. A lot of TL's seem to have gone with pure mesh (out of those who've modded the grill, anyway). Option A looks kinda like the Wald grill for the TSX, which I think is hot.

Good work dude.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
KBPftmfw

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
I like Option B better from that angle. From the angle in the picture, Option A looks like an afterthought.

Car looks sharp Brian.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Shat son!
Those switchbacks are kick-ass.
And I say... Option B. Mesh.
Which reminds me.. I still need to finish my new-grille proj.
Ya, they are kick ass! Keeps the cops away even more, and because it's amber/off/amber/off/amber/off, it looks more "pulsating" and emphatic.

Quick Reply: My upcoming final projekts...