My Attempt at Photography Perfection...(56k, oh no no no)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 9,503 Likes on 6,173 Posts
My Attempt at Photography Perfection...(56k, oh no no no)

Hey everybody

My name is Tyler, and I traded in my 2001 ABP CL-S for this 2004 TL last August. It's been fun adding to my car and looking at everybody else's cars here on AZ. I haven't posted pics in a while, so I thought I would throw some up here. My girlfriend and I have been driving around the last few weeks taking pictures here and there.

I am no skilled photographer, but I was able to get my hands on a Canon PowerShot SX10 IS camera, so I took advantage of it. I had never used a camera besides a Point and Shoot before, so I know some of your camera gurus will have some suggestions, so feel free to let me know! Some pics are with the Canon and others are with my girlfriends pink Sony Cybershot 8.1MP P&S I got her for Valentines Day.

Recent subtle additions to my car:
-ACURA Front Bumper Inserts (black)
-LED Interior (stock locations)
-LED License Plate Lights
-LED Reverse Lights
-Smoked License Plate Cover
-OEM Wood Grain Shifter (courtesy of my girlfriend)
-Keyhole Cover Up

I KNOW I NEED A DROP, but I'm saving up my pennies to get an apartment. My stock wheels are getting powdercoated glossy black sometime this month.

To all of the North Carolina and surrounding states AcuraZine members.....below there is a link to the Official Raleigh/Durham Meet going down May 2. The more the merrier, so check it out!

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/official-raleigh-durham-meet%2A%2Amay-2nd%2A%2A-717317/

All comments and criticism are welcome

Enjoy! PEACE

Stock Shifter

New wood shifter

I thought it would be cool to get a picture in front of my local Acura dealership (Leith Acura), but of course not all of the letters were working

4G TL lurking in the background:detective

Stock handle (people love opening their doors into as you can see)

Key hole now covered up!

Picture of my girlfriend that I really liked...she was sitting there texting while I was taking pictures.

Parking Garage

Preston Country Club

SAS...where my dad works and where I got kicked out of for taking these pics.

Look how bright the reflection of the rear DEPO Side Markers are

That's all folks!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
the pics in front of that glass building are fire
Old 04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
Nice pics.. but....

pics of your girlfriend who you "liked?"

lmao
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
SICK SSM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice pics
Old 04-15-2009, 07:37 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
nice pics....

WAT! gf dat u liked? lmaooo
Old 04-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Were u at the Charlotte meet? You car is looking nice . Once ou get a drop you will be set playa.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by godfather2
the pics in front of that glass building are fire
Thanks . I would have gotten more, I was just warming up, but then this dick head security guard came up and bitched me out

Originally Posted by bforbrian
Nice pics.. but....

pics of your girlfriend who you "liked?"

lmao
It took me about 5 minutes to figure out what the hell you were saying, but now I get it hahaha, I'm a dumbass. I meant to say I REALLY LIKE THIS PICTURE OF MY GIRLFRIEND, but I worded it wrong.

Originally Posted by WantTwoRun?
nice pics
Thanks

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
nice pics....

WAT! gf dat u liked? lmaooo
Hahaha I know I know. My fault.

Originally Posted by silkk8482
Were u at the Charlotte meet? You car is looking nice . Once ou get a drop you will be set playa.
Yep I was at the Charlotte Meet last month. It was well worth the drive. I really want to drop it, but either I did more shit to my car, or moved out, and it's time for me to get my own place. It was hard saying no to TEIN SS though
Old 04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
nice pics dude! the ride is clean, an a-spec kit and spoiler would set it off nicely.

if the nicks on the handle bug you enough you could always replace them with new ones. they are pretty cheap, and already come painted, just swap them out and your good.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by jptl04
nice pics dude! the ride is clean, an a-spec kit and spoiler would set it off nicely.

if the nicks on the handle bug you enough you could always replace them with new ones. they are pretty cheap, and already come painted, just swap them out and your good.
Thanks man . I think they turned out pretty well considering I'm no pro with a camera.

I have so many plans for this thing, and honestly I could probably afford them all, but I would rather save up and get a place.

And I never looked into the new handles, but I really should! Thanks for the idea
Old 04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
Nice pics...is it me or does that wood shifter look really tall lol
Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 PM
SSM Sport Shifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like these two pictures bro. The glass building is a cool background.
That was funny about saying "my girlfriend that I really liked" LOL
Just wondering what kinda LED's are you running for Reverse?
They are bright from what the photo shows. Nice ride sir
Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice photos!! clean car.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
which led did you use for the license plate. nice job on modding as well!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
My favorite shots are the ones in front of the big glass building too. Nice job!

2009 Kansas City All Acura Meet-May 17th
https://acurazine.com/forums/midwest-312/kansas-city-2009-spring-all-acura-meet-may-17th-12pm-%40-jay-wolfe-acura-714994/
Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
*WFC #162*

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Pics look awesome bro... See you Friday
Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jays_04TL

My favorite 2 pics, also. Car looks good dude. I wish I could make it to the Raleigh meet
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
Nice pics...is it me or does that wood shifter look really tall lol
It is really tall haha. I've read up on it quite a bit, and most sources say that Acura designed the accessory to be that tall. I plan on grinding it down like Rodney did in another thread. I haven't had too much time because of school. Hopefully I will get around to it soon.

Originally Posted by Jays_04TL
Thanks man

Haha and yea I know about my mix-up of words, pretty damn funny, but an honest mistake.

For the reverse lights, look at this link from the 3G Garage.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/licence-plate-light-back-up-light-3g-garage-g-052-a-584870/

I'm using the PIAA lights the OP uses and they are awesome! So much better than the stock ones imo.

I see you are looking for rims? I may be selling mine this summer due to tuition

Originally Posted by auto_freak
nice photos!! clean car.
Thanks! . I try to keep it as clean as possible, but it always rains after I take the time to clean it. I washed the car and took pics at the clubhouse on Thursday night, and of course it rained all day Friday. The pics in the parking garage, the car is wet, and then the pics at SAS my car is filthy. I took far away pics at SAS to focus the attention on the sweet building and so you couldn't see the dirt on the car

Originally Posted by snake134
which led did you use for the license plate. nice job on modding as well!
Thank you sir

Follow this link and scroll half way down or so and look for the WLED-x6 LED Wedge Base Bulb(194/168 type). I ordered mine from this site and shipping was super fast! In the pictures they look blue, but in real life, they are pure white.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...1.29895&next=0

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
My favorite shots are the ones in front of the big glass building too. Nice job!
Thanks! I wish that asshole wouldn't have interrupted my "photoshoot". I had just gotten started trying to figure out what I wanted to do and he pulled up and had a hissy fit. I guess his tampon was in a wad. As you can tell I'm not happy haha, but thanks for the compliment! How about you and your helper come put some put in some illuminated door sills for me

Originally Posted by BoBByLiGhT83
Pics look awesome bro... See you Friday
Yes sir. It better stop raining so I can clean my car

Originally Posted by TypeSinNC
My favorite 2 pics, also. Car looks good dude. I wish I could make it to the Raleigh meet
Thanks man! I'm jealous of your Type-S though. I wish you could make it too, I think ACU-RATE is the only other 3G Type-S going to be there. Have you done anything else to your car?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:53 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Looks great bro, and mad props to keeping priorities straight
Old 04-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Looks great bro, and mad props to keeping priorities straight
Thanks ballin!

My car is nowhere near as sick as yours, and probably never will be haha, but I try.

It's really hard not ordering all of the shit I want for my car, but I'm ready to get out of my house. Base ATLP exhaust and TEIN SS is very very very tempting . Maybe moving out can wait another year
Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Time to mod!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I MAKE NO SENSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking good! I should take some pics too when I my exams are done...
For the night shots though I noticed some of them were blurred. Invest in a tripod and those should be greatly reduced
Old 04-15-2009, 10:29 PM
'10 Shelby

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Car looks great. Love the backgrounds, A-Spec would definitely complete your car. And that Acura Dealership pic would have been perfect if that last "A" was lit up lol.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JwongTLS
Time to mod!
Mod or move out...that is my current dilemma

Originally Posted by tc_terencec
looking good! I should take some pics too when I my exams are done...
For the night shots though I noticed some of them were blurred. Invest in a tripod and those should be greatly reduced
The hell with exams haha.

Some of them were taken with a point and shoot and it was windy as hell that night, so they were blurry. On the camera screen, they didn't look that bad, so I didn't bother taking multiple shots from the same angle to ensure they turned out okay. Of course as soon as I got home and uploaded them, I saw they were burry . The pics at SAS (glass building), I used a tripod. TL + glass building ftw

Originally Posted by TheWanderer316
Car looks great. Love the backgrounds, A-Spec would definitely complete your car. And that Acura Dealership pic would have been perfect if that last "A" was lit up lol.
Yea A-Spec is on my "to-do" list as well as coilover suspension and other goodies. Hopefully I'll have A-Spec by the end of the year

Dude I was pissed when the sign wasn't all lit up haha. I didn't realize it when I pulled, but once I got down to take the picture, I was like "what the hell?". Hopefully I'll get the same shot sometime next week. I'll call and complain and see if it gets fixed haha.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Racer

Dude, pictures look great - some were blurry, but other than that i give you !

**for some reason i like that gas station picture - looking up at the TL & RJ wheels**
Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Nice pictures dude! The blacked out taillights look hot An A-spec lip kit soon???
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tl_rox
Dude, pictures look great - some were blurry, but other than that i give you !

**for some reason i like that gas station picture - looking up at the TL & RJ wheels**
That's when I was using the point and shoot and I don't have the steadiest hands haha. When I got home and uploaded them, and saw that they were burry after I was out for a few hours taking pictures, trust me, I wasn't happy haha.

And thanks. I was just having fun and trying to get creative. I'm surprised you didn't say anything about my 4x4 tires haha. They are 245/35/20, but they are pretty beefy for being 35s. I'll be getting 30's next time.

Originally Posted by 05TL*6-SPEED*
Nice pictures dude! The blacked out taillights look hot An A-spec lip kit soon???
Thanks man

Yea I would love the A-Spec kit and some coilovers and probably a whole bunch of other goodies, but I'm trying to move out and I can't afford to do both haha. Decisions decisions

Honestly, as badly as I want to do shit to my car because I'm going to keep it until it dies, I really just want to put all of my money towards a blacked out BMW M3 or M5 later in life
Old 04-16-2009, 09:32 AM
wishing for a GT-R

i love the blacked out tails, and did u do ur head lights half blacked out or does it just look like that in the pics? m3 or m5? wht about the best m out there, the m6. gorgeous. and another question, for your leds did u use white everywhere meaning the interior also? cause it looks blue and i was thinking about changing my leds and lookin at urs the what looks to be blue looks great inside cause it matches the dash.. good job the car is lookin great =]
Old 04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
nice car and good pictures. gf is also good looking
Old 04-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice shots...

The camera angles are great, but you would get a much better exposure from most of those shots with a tripod and a longer shutter speed.

Learn to play with Manual settings - particularly shutter and aperture priority
Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 AM
e92 335i

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
get ride of the pinstripe dude, theres a couple of photos in there that i really liked oh yeah for the 300307474th time add a-spec
Old 04-16-2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by tinad2004
i love the blacked out tails, and did u do ur head lights half blacked out or does it just look like that in the pics? m3 or m5? wht about the best m out there, the m6. gorgeous. and another question, for your leds did u use white everywhere meaning the interior also? cause it looks blue and i was thinking about changing my leds and lookin at urs the what looks to be blue looks great inside cause it matches the dash.. good job the car is lookin great =]
Thanks man

Well my headlights aren't blacked out, they are tinted, but just half way around the light where the orange is. Here's a link to the place where I ordered them. I had never tinted shit in my life before, and I did both of mine in about 20 minutes. Soapy water + squeegie and you are set.

http://www.grafixpressions.com/vehicle.shtml

^keep scrolling down until you see a picture of a ABP TL-S with the headlight tint on it...I think it's an AcuraZine member's car. It's $20 or so for both precut pieces.

Well once I'm all grown up and have a house and all of that, I would love a new fast car. I love the new M3, but I'm not sure I would want a car that small because I like bigger cars like the TL, so that's why I'm leaning towards a M5. I like the M6, but I don't really want a 2 door. Plus the M5 is faster than a M3 . It's going to be a while for sure until I can even think about getting one, but it's nice to dream

All of the LEDs I put in my car are all a pure white, but they turned out blue in the pictures. Replacing all of the lights with LEDs is a simple and somewhat inexpensive mod that I love. It's really easy (my girlfriend did half of them). If you have questions man, just let me know. I posted a link earlier in this thread to somebody else who asked about them.

Originally Posted by myron
nice car and good pictures. gf is also good looking
Thanks, thanks, and thanks!

Originally Posted by Trew
Nice shots...

The camera angles are great, but you would get a much better exposure from most of those shots with a tripod and a longer shutter speed.

Learn to play with Manual settings - particularly shutter and aperture priority
I had a tripod for the SAS pictures and some of the parking garage, but I didn't have one for the other pictures, and sadly you can tell. I don't have the steadiest hands haha.

I would have played with the camera a little more, but I am impatient and I figured I would learn that stuff later down the road. I'm just starting out with the easy shots and then I'll get pro like you . Thanks for the advice though! I will be playing with my camera all weekend now.

Btw your car is gorgeous and I can't stop looking at your picture thread. I'm jealous of the suede headliner
Originally Posted by ladiesman217
get ride of the pinstripe dude, theres a couple of photos in there that i really liked oh yeah for the 300307474th time add a-spec
Both of those are on my "to-do list" among other things

My girlfriend's dad took her pinstriping off of her Civic and you can still see the lines somewhat. He compounded it and used pretty much everything on it, and you can still see where they were, so I am a little nervous about taking them off and still seeing the outline . They will get done eventually.

Thanks for the props man...it's hard trying to take good pictures when you have no idea what you are doing haha .
Old 04-16-2009, 11:18 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Nice pics Tyler!

It was good to meet you at the meet the other month.

I was actually in durham at my parents this past weekend. My TL wasn't looking nearly as clean as yours though. The pollen count was high!!

I'm not sure if your parents cook or not, but damn do i miss the homecooked meals. You will certainly miss those if you move out.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:46 AM
wishing for a GT-R

thanks for the info! im a girl btw haha just to clarify that lol but its cool , once again the car lookingg reall good =] good job! great pics too
Old 04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Hey Tyler, you might want to consider the chrome door handle mod. That's the chrome piece that goes in the handles of the 4 doors. It was about $8.00 for that mod. It's a subtle mod (like you've been going for) that is very classy.

2009 Kansas City All Acura Meet-May 17th
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714994
Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Nice pics Tyler!

It was good to meet you at the meet the other month.

I was actually in durham at my parents this past weekend. My TL wasn't looking nearly as clean as yours though. The pollen count was high!!

I'm not sure if your parents cook or not, but damn do i miss the homecooked meals. You will certainly miss those if you move out.
Thanks Eric! It was nice meeting you too at the Charlotte Meet.

The pollen was crazy around here, but since it's been getting a little cooler, it hasn't been quite as bad. I washed my car again today since it was so nice out

My parents do cook...somewhat. My mom tries to cook as often as she can, but sometimes we all just have that craving for some good ol' southern style BBQ haha. I think I may just stay at the house for another year and see what else I could do to the car, but everytime I get on this damn site, there is something else I want haha

Originally Posted by tinad2004
thanks for the info! im a girl btw haha just to clarify that lol but its cool , once again the car lookingg reall good =] good job! great pics too
Haha oops my fault! But thanks, I appreciate it

I wish I had navi like you did though I'm such an impulsive buyer

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Hey Tyler, you might want to consider the chrome door handle mod. That's the chrome piece that goes in the handles of the 4 doors. It was about $8.00 for that mod. It's a subtle mod (like you've been going for) that is very classy.
I have been considering getting those for a while, but I'm just not sure. Nothing else is chrome on my car except for the emblems, so I don't want them to look tacky. I was thinking about getting them and then getting them powdercoated black or maybe gunmetal to compliment my wheels. What do you think?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Great pics!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Great pics!
Thanks

I just washed the car again today because it was finally somewhat warm here, so I may be taking more pictures tonight or tomorrow. I'll be sure to post them.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice Tyler. The car is looking good. I am going to be up in the Raleigh/Cary area tomorrow for work. The cary area is a beautiful place to live. Take your time on moving out and mod that car! Once you move out, it will be hard to go back home with all those rules......Who needs rules?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Thanks

I just washed the car again today because it was finally somewhat warm here, so I may be taking more pictures tonight or tomorrow. I'll be sure to post them.
Cool. I'll be washing mine Saturday. It's such a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours on a gorgeous day.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by mmade22
Nice Tyler. The car is looking good. I am going to be up in the Raleigh/Cary area tomorrow for work. The cary area is a beautiful place to live. Take your time on moving out and mod that car! Once you move out, it will be hard to go back home with all those rules......Who needs rules?
Thanks man!

Since you are going to be here tomorrow, there is a mini-meet at Cary Towne Center Mall. Some guys from the NC State Car Club and CRSX will be there. I know you are a family man and are here just for business, but it would be awesome if you could drop by.

Yea I am starting to lean towards doing stuff to my car rather than moving out. Just not sure yet

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Cool. I'll be washing mine Saturday. It's such a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours on a gorgeous day.
Yea I agree. It was nice to get outside for a little today without that nasty pollen everywhere for a change and get it nice and clean.

Are you able to make the Raleigh/Durham Meet on May 2nd? There is a link in my original post at the top of the page.

Quick Reply: My Attempt at Photography Perfection...(56k, oh no no no)