Looking for Pics of Our products

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In a day or two I will be posting detailed pics of my WDP with rockblocker films including a custom cut headlight shape I did.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are some new pics

For more pics you can check our gallery of colors

www.rockblocker.com
Old 10-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Cold Racketeer

Wow good job on that rear marker (last pic) I could not get my film to wrap around like that at all, I had to cut it so the sides of mine are untinted. Unfortunately I don't have any more film or I might re-try it. What was the trick?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tzakiel
Wow good job on that rear marker (last pic) I could not get my film to wrap around like that at all, I had to cut it so the sides of mine are untinted. Unfortunately I don't have any more film or I might re-try it. What was the trick?
patience and time.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Racer

I'm so tempted to just go ahead and get the combo for the rear. A local tint place where I've taken every car I've ever owned said he would charge me $75 to put it on.

I know they'd probably do a better job than me and I don't really feel like messing it up myself and having wasted $65.

$75 for putting it on does seem like a lot though...

Thoughts anyone?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
I'm so tempted to just go ahead and get the combo for the rear. A local tint place where I've taken every car I've ever owned said he would charge me $75 to put it on.

I know they'd probably do a better job than me and I don't really feel like messing it up myself and having wasted $65.

$75 for putting it on does seem like a lot though...

Thoughts anyone?
im in the same boat as you....but i havn't gone anywhere for price quotes
Old 10-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Racer

Okay, I went through with it and put it on....and i could have done a lot better. Umm for some reason I got weird glue bubbles or something and I had a bit of trouble wiht the cutting. Regardless, the tints are on the taillights but I will be redoing them in the future to get it right. It's not hard but the second one came out better than the first so my third try should be a lot better.

Here is the link with pics, :http://homepage.mac.com/nfbetancur/P...ura/Acura.html

The sidemarkers are really hard to get to wrap along the sides. I gave up on those and left it for another time. Although with winter fast approaching I'm not sure when that will be...
Old 11-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Banned

Hey guys,

We were able to get our hands on the Ron Jon TL here in town. Man was this kit fun and amazing to install.

Check these pics out. ALL Custom kit.

Can you see the line there. The customer thought we didnt work on his car for a second
Old 11-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Banned

BTW,

If anyone needs any help with tips and tricks for the installation of ANY of our products please give us a call and we will be glad to help.

For others that want to see pictures of installed vehicles >>> Please clck the link in our sig<<<

TTYL
Old 11-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Instructor

Does that car have a smoked headlight (spray) or your smoked light protection of yours, rockblocker? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Cold Racketeer

Okay, I went through with it and put it on....and i could have done a lot better. Umm for some reason I got weird glue bubbles or something and I had a bit of trouble wiht the cutting. Regardless, the tints are on the taillights but I will be redoing them in the future to get it right. It's not hard but the second one came out better than the first so my third try should be a lot better.

Here is the link with pics, :http://homepage.mac.com/nfbetancur/P...ura/Acura.html

The sidemarkers are really hard to get to wrap along the sides. I gave up on those and left it for another time. Although with winter fast approaching I'm not sure when that will be...
to do the sidemarkers, put the film on dry, and then press it on really hard, then trim excess with exacto. I couldn't get them to wrap that well but I kept working with the razor and got the surface nicely cut, even if the edges didn't quite wrap.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by foot3ch
Does that car have a smoked headlight (spray) or your smoked light protection of yours, rockblocker? Thanks in advance.

Those headlights have clear light protection with black painted housings inside. Something we did not do.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RockBlocker
Hey folks,

We are trying to compile a better gallery of pictures for our site so other members can take a look at what we have to offer.

We are looking for pictures of clear bras installed and Colored Light Protection whether it is tail light, headlight or fog light kits.

If you wouldnt mind posting up your pics that would be great so others on the board can see what we have to offer. A lot of times people are wanting to see it on a particular color and combo so the more pictures the better.

Thanks for your time.
No problem....waiting for arrival of smoked tail light film from you now. I got the receipt and such in mail - but it said the product was sent PM and has not gotten here yet. May get here today? As soon as I get then installed...I will get some pics for you! Mike
Old 11-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RockBlocker (Megan? Chad?),

What can I use to sand off the lettering on the side marker before I install the film? I am getting it tomorrow and installing it this weekend.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zax123
RockBlocker (Megan? Chad?),

What can I use to sand off the lettering on the side marker before I install the film? I am getting it tomorrow and installing it this weekend.

Thanks!
2000 grit sandpaper.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Wow, that'll take forever. OK, thanks!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Racer

I want to install my sidemarkers but I think I'd rather do it inside. Does anyone know how I can get the rear sidemarkers off to install?
Old 11-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Racer

Someone? Anyone? Come on....
Old 11-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Blue on Black

I want to install my sidemarkers but I think I'd rather do it inside. Does anyone know how I can get the rear sidemarkers off to install?
I think it would be too much trouble to do it inside. Plus, the rear marker wouldn't be much darker. Put them on the outside, I found it really easy. Use a hair dryer as you are flattening the film onto the light and it will take the shape of the light quite well. I also didn't bother sanding off the letters.

Jon

Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Wow, I really didn't find it that easy. I don't have pics yet, but the rear lights are great, but the sidemarkers have bubbles all over. But they are inverted bubbles. More like dimples... and there are pieces of the material in the corners of the rear sidemarkers that didn't mesh well and kinda sticks out... you didn't have that problem?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
zax...how long did it take you? also...how is the film applied? is it a peel off deal? or is it like actually laying tint over windows...
Old 11-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Cold Racketeer

The film is very thick, like a big floppy piece of soft plastic. It's very durable as a result. The adhesive is also very good and works multiple times as long as the surface is clean. Yes, you peel off a paper backing and then you have a thick, sticky piece of film.

Yes, it is normal for the side markers to not fit quite right. At least that was my experience. They didn't wrap around the markers, the angles are too extreme for the adhesive to even have a chance. The solution is to cut off all the excess with a razor which takes time, and I scratched some of my paint a little bit when I slid off the film with the blade.

Basically the key was to just keep re-applying it and stretching it gently to my will. Eventually, it goes on smooth, but it needs to be worked a little before it gives in to the shape you need.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Blue on Black

Mine wrapped around the side markers quite well. As I said, I just used a hairdrier to really soften the material as it dried as I rubbed the plastic applicator over them repeatedly. No bubbles.

Only flaw is a small fold at the flat end on the side marker where the groove in the side panel is. This fold could easily be cut and smoothed with an exacto knife.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Cold Racketeer

Probably the hair dryer technique would have worked... sounds good to me. I might redo them some time when I can afford to buy more film... heh.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Racer

I have tried to put the sidemarkers outside. its just annoying though. Can anyone help me out in finding directions on how those sidemarkers are popped out? There has to be a way. I think it would be a bit easier inside.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Yeah, it took me about 1.5 hours I'd say. But I really didn't know what I was doing going into this... I actually had two people helping me. One sprayer and another dryer. I was the applicator. hehe. It was fun, but the end result on the side markers wasn't fantastic. I still haven't done the front markers...
Old 01-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Hey guys, can someone post a picture of an SSM (that's silver satin metallic for the uninitiated) with the Rockblocker rear kit?

I'm putting together a list of spring updates for my '04, see my sig. The look will be all-new for me in a few weeks when I'm done!

TIA, Bob
Old 01-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

do not install or clean with alcohol based products ( methyl hydrate acceptable)

Originally Posted by RockBlocker
Do not do a dry install on the tails or the headlights. Wet install is way better for you.

50-50 water and alcohol.

Please check our how-to install online.
the instructions clearly say no alcohol!!! on top of that the instructions on the site dont mention soapy water.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ililillilillilil
the instructions clearly say no alcohol!!! on top of that the instructions on the site dont mention soapy water.
That is cause they havent changed the instructions. sorry about that. Im not sure what this has to do with looking for pictures?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Burning Brakes

im sure the mark up on those stickers is very high and u can afford to provide more info to your customers. especially if the instructions are screwed up. if u stick by your product, you shouldnt be contradicting your own methods of installation. i dont expect to see any change in the instructions either. if u have time for this forum, you can fix the instructions.
and if people are so pleased with the product, im sure they'd send u pictures w/o you even asking. there are only a few pictures on this thread and a lot of problems/questions.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

im sure the mark up on those stickers is very high and u can afford to provide more info to your customers. especially if the instructions are screwed up. if u stick by your product, you shouldnt be contradicting your own methods of installation. i dont expect to see any change in the instructions either. if u have time for this forum, you can fix the instructions.
and if people are so pleased with the product, im sure they'd send u pictures w/o you even asking. there are only a few pictures on this thread and a lot of problems/questions.
Thanks for the input and suggestions, but if you look at the tail light kit you will see that we do not produce them. Someone else does. For reason it seems that you have a beef with us. If so please feel free to contact us anytime to discuss it. An open forum doesnt sound like the place to discuss it.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Burning Brakes

i have e mailed u and u dont respond. i'm not an @s$hole complainer, but if i cant get any customer service through your website, i know i'm free to come here & vent a little. no actual beef on my side but honestly, i'd rather get the BS runaround than dead ends.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned

i have e mailed u and u dont respond. i'm not an @s$hole complainer, but if i cant get any customer service through your website, i know i'm free to come here & vent a little. no actual beef on my side but honestly, i'd rather get the BS runaround than dead ends.
and we replied the same day as your email.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:11 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Here you go....
Blue smoke Fronts
Smoked side and Tails

Old 01-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Banned

Thnak u for posting those. Looks great
Old 01-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Banned

Now that I am in the office I can check your time stamp for the email we sent back.

It was 7:09 PM on 1/25. Please check your email before posting here saying we dont offer customer service to you through the website. Much appreciated.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Burning Brakes

yes, that one you responded to promptly. the previous responses may have went to my spam folder. i'm sorry i know thats not your fault. i still have some reasonable issues and since we are in contact, i know your willing to take care of them. after all, i am pleased with the outcome. not only the service but for the most part, the smoked look has been achieved.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

heres a picture of mine. sorry i only have a camera phone
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6259/01270615502sg.jpg
Old 01-27-2006, 06:54 PM
100k miles club

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Hey guys, can someone post a picture of an SSM (that's silver satin metallic for the uninitiated) with the Rockblocker rear kit?

I'm putting together a list of spring updates for my '04, see my sig. The look will be all-new for me in a few weeks when I'm done!

TIA, Bob

hmm, had pics in the first page but all gone. guess that's what happens when using imageshack

here's the link to my gallery. there's 2 pages of pics during install and after. it's only the taillights. i've got the rear sides too but no pics. let me know if you want to see those too

http://www.sherwinm.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=52
Old 01-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Cruisin'

Rockblocker is full of crap!!!
-their "customer service" is horrible.
-they contradict the information on their own website.

I recomend that anyone that is considering doing business with these people think twice and go elsewhere!
They are selling a "PRE-CUT" tinting kit for tail lights that requires all kinds of trimming.
How much sense does that make?
Search is definately your friend...
Search tl.acurazine.com for problems with rockblocker BEFORE you buy.
Once you buy... YOU MAY BE SCREWED!!!

Quick Reply: Looking for Pics of Our products