Loki's Modified 2004 WDP

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Reason why I'm selling.. The Tl is just getting beat up in Oregon, and I want something more nimble, faster, better in snow and more importantly something I can leave almost stock and be happy with.

I fell in love with the Evo IX I drove, and I got offered a great deal on one with 0% APR. And the funny thing is I liked the 2003-04 Evo VIII a little bit more, and if I'm realistic about it, I can sell my TL and pocket $2-3k to save or invest. And walk away with a heavily modified Evo VIII or a stock Evo IX. I will have the car probably by Christmas.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Lokius
...and more importantly something I can leave almost stock and be happy with.
News flash, you will NEVER be happy with a stock vehicle! You have an addiction in modding.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Silky Smooth

Well the TL was a great vehicle to modify, because there wasnt alot of stuff available for it. So i couldnt really see myself spending that much. The EVO is a completely different story, and I think Im going to buy a low miles modified evo VIII and the only thing I need to do is maybe put some Volks on there if anything at all.

The car is so damn quick, handles amazing, and it just feels so smooth. I learned my lesson about modding cars really quick, and I'm not too worried about loosing any more money in any of my future vehicles.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the TL was a great vehicle to modify, because there wasnt alot of stuff available for it. So i couldnt really see myself spending that much. The EVO is a completely different story, and I think Im going to buy a low miles modified evo VIII and the only thing I need to do is maybe put some Volks on there if anything at all.

The car is so damn quick, handles amazing, and it just feels so smooth. I learned my lesson about modding cars really quick, and I'm not too worried about loosing any more money in any of my future vehicles.
Hey man I am sorry to see you go. BUt just a word of advice. i would be careful when buying a used car that is heavily modified. My buddy has a evo and they are really sensitive to modifications meaning if it is not tuned right or done right you can say goodbuy to the motor. also aski him about the trans and the transfer case. ask to see all the service reciepts on the fluid changes because this is very important with the drivetrain. My buddy has an EVO and I have done all the motor work ETC. as soon as he hit 350whp his clutch started to slip. When he did his turbo upgrade he sent his trans and transfer case out to TRE to get rebuilt because it couldnt handle the launches. Just make sure everything was done right and tuned properly. You probably knew this but I have had first hand experience with an EVO.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Silky Smooth

Parting Her Out!!!

Alright guys, car has a new home!! And the lady wants it completely stock. Everything is going except the carbon fiber interior kit, door sills, and maybe the exhaust or body kit. I will price out the exhaust and Body Kit, but the hassle of getting it taken off along with cost does not allow me to give you guys as much of a deal as I would like..

Wilwood Custom BBK Designed for an Automatic TL $1300, you decide the color of the calipers and the CNC engraving. If anyone also wants one at this price, I can make sure you get put in the groupbuy. If I get more than 2 guys to buy a BBK, we are looking at around $1200 for it. Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 4 piston BBK Superlite calipers, stainless lines, performance pads.

Headlights $130 + Your OEM Headlights

Exhaust $210 + Your Stock Exhaust (3rd muffler and back)

Grounding Kit + Voltage Kit $145

AEM Intake $105 + All OEM intake parts

Tein S-Tech Springs $70

SPC Camber Kit All 4 wheels - $175

Comptech Rear Sway Bar - $70

Ronjon Inspyres 19x8.5 Satin Silver
Toyo T1-R (3 wheels have 2500 miles on them, 1 wheel has less than 200 miles)

$1650 for all 4 wheels and tires.

Also shipping costs will apply.. Unfortunately here is the dilemna, I am currently in San Diego and the car is Oregon. When the car returns in January the parts will be shipped out. There is a chance that if I sell all the parts, I may drive the car back to San Diego, and part it out, sometime in the next two weeks. I would say 60% chance I drive it back to Diego. Since I sold it here, regardless the car will be in San Diego around middle January.

Also blktl1, if I have my choice I will probably end up with a completely stock Evo IX. We will see what the coming month brings!!
Old 12-09-2005, 04:15 AM
300whp 237wtrq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dibs on Grounding and voltage kit!

sorry to hear you part her out

pm me.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:48 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
dude... sorry to hear about the car.... can i get dibs on the Comptech Sway Bar and your Tein Springs?? Im in for both.... PM sent
Old 12-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Instructor

My friend just got the Evo 8 and he loves it...it handles amazing and its fast!! I say go for it LOki
Old 12-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Alright guys, car has a new home!! And the lady wants it completely stock. Everything is going except the carbon fiber interior kit, door sills, and maybe the exhaust or body kit. I will price out the exhaust and Body Kit, but the hassle of getting it taken off along with cost does not allow me to give you guys as much of a deal as I would like..

Wilwood Custom BBK Designed for an Automatic TL $1300, you decide the color of the calipers and the CNC engraving. If anyone also wants one at this price, I can make sure you get put in the groupbuy. If I get more than 2 guys to buy a BBK, we are looking at around $1200 for it. Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 4 piston BBK Superlite calipers, stainless lines, performance pads.

Headlights $130 + Your OEM Headlights

Exhaust $210 + Your Stock Exhaust (3rd muffler and back)

Grounding Kit + Voltage Kit $145

AEM Intake $105 + All OEM intake parts

Tein S-Tech Springs $70

SPC Camber Kit All 4 wheels - $175

Comptech Rear Sway Bar - $70

Ronjon Inspyres 19x8.5 Satin Silver
Toyo T1-R (3 wheels have 2500 miles on them, 1 wheel has less than 200 miles)

$1650 for all 4 wheels and tires.

Also shipping costs will apply.. Unfortunately here is the dilemna, I am currently in San Diego and the car is Oregon. When the car returns in January the parts will be shipped out. There is a chance that if I sell all the parts, I may drive the car back to San Diego, and part it out, sometime in the next two weeks. I would say 60% chance I drive it back to Diego. Since I sold it here, regardless the car will be in San Diego around middle January.

Also blktl1, if I have my choice I will probably end up with a completely stock Evo IX. We will see what the coming month brings!!
I would definately suggest that if you buy a car like that you buy it stock and play with it yourself. so much more fun!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
"Joe Cool"

Farewell... BON VOYAGE!

Alright guys, car has a new home!! And the lady wants it completely stock.
Hate to see you go, good luck with the new EVO.
I am sure you will post some pics of the EVO on here once you get it right!

BTW....Wild guess, but I am assuming you don't need the Black emblems anymore!

How much did you end up selling it (the TL) to her for?
And how much mileage is on it?

Just want to get an idea of what the actual re-sale is on it.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Where in Oregon are you? Could I meet the car, and we swap headlights + the $130? Just and idea......
Old 12-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Silky Smooth

Car is in Salem... And swapping headlights requires removal of the front bumper.. Which unless you want to do it yourself is quite costly..
Old 12-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
Where in Oregon are you? Could I meet the car, and we swap headlights + the $130? Just and idea......
post #233, I called dibs on the head lights. Lokius I sent you a PM about the headlights a few days ago, did you get it?
EDIT: dibs on Comptech RSB
Old 12-10-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nYmALu86
post #233, I called dibs on the head lights. Lokius I sent you a PM about the headlights a few days ago, did you get it?
EDIT: dibs on Comptech RSB
I'm totally aware man. I probably wouldn't have done it..........
Old 12-10-2005, 02:29 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Oh no Fitz! I thought you were just gettin started with your TL!

I guess you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Silky Smooth

Update!

Ohh my god did I have a week from hell. Sorry about not getting back to alot of the PM's about the parts on the car. I'm in San Diego and the car is in storage till January in Oregon. I sold her and was supposed to fly up on the 20th to strip her and meet the guy in Portland, he gave me a $500 deposit. Well guess what I bought the ticket up to Portland, and he bailed out. After I cover the ticket with his deposit, I come up about $35. Not worth it, and I had alot of hassles locating places that could take off my modifications. I had to bail out of the Evolution IX I picked out, and had to make a trip up to South Coast Mitsubishi to get back my cash deposit. I'm not a very happy person right now, but I really trully love the TL, so I'm not that upset.

Bright side, is I found out my brakes are just about done and I already paid for them, so I'm going to have a nice brake kit on the car when I get back to Oregon.

Car has 42k miles on her, and I was going to sell her for 23k to that jerk. Personally I have decided to hold onto her, I went and put down a deposit on a 2007 SVT Cobra. There arent any official lists yet, but I put down the $2k just to make sure I get some paper work early. I dont want to pay over MSRP for it, and I really really really want that car. That car should be out winter 06, so I have my TL till then it looks like.

**I would like to personally apologize to all the guys that wanted the headlights, exhaust, springs, swaybar, wheels, camber kit and all the other shit I have on the car. I promise you when It's time to part with this stuff, If your interested you guys will get whatever I can give.**
Old 12-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about all that BS. I guess karma shows that guy was not good enough for a TL.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:54 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Eventhough I was hoping to get some parts from you, glad you kept it for now!!! Nice to see such a good car stay in the community!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Loki - you MUST post pics of the Cobra here when you do get her..

Glad to hear you're keeping the TL until then.. Too bad about the guy who was going to buy it.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:22 PM
"Joe Cool"

LOKI- Sorry to hear bout the Drama!

But like others its good to see the Prodigal son has returned. If even for just a short while.

I guess you should be clicking your heels right about now and saying...
"There's no place like home, there's no place like home"
Old 12-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hahahaahahaha u guys actually thought he was selling. BWAHAHAHAHAAHA
Old 12-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Silky Smooth

Brake Update

The brakes are almost ready to be powdercoated, Mugen and SpecialEd will have there kits shortly.

Here are some shots of the brake kit, identical to the one for the 04+ TL on a new mustang... Very Very very hot CNC machining is on these ones..

The rear brakes with the parking brake addition

Old 12-31-2005, 01:44 AM
tehLEGOman

So when are we looking at gettin this brake kit on your TL?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:52 AM
To punish and enslave

Looks pretty
Old 12-31-2005, 02:36 AM
Silky Smooth

If you ordered now, probably at your door 2nd week of January
Old 12-31-2005, 02:40 AM
tehLEGOman

So do you have an actual kit on order for your TL or are you just telling us about the kit in general.

I guess i'm just confused when i look at your signature b/c it says you have a BBK.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:05 AM
Silky Smooth

I have an actual set on order, it has been on order since mid July. White diamond pearl calipers, and I am waiting to see final pricing before I pay off my deposit. My kit, MugenR, and SpecialEd all have kits that should be completed by the first week of January.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Intermediate

Where did you get your headlights and taillights blacked out? hit me up, I'm in San Diego also.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
can you like not have enough pages of members drooling over your car! hey what up, Fitz. your car looks better in person IMO. time for another meet. i'm trying to get a group to drive up in a pack. you too, defy.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I have an actual set on order, it has been on order since mid July. White diamond pearl calipers, and I am waiting to see final pricing before I pay off my deposit. My kit, MugenR, and SpecialEd all have kits that should be completed by the first week of January.
Man, the kit still hasn't come in yet? Damn bro I know you put alot of time/effort to get these going but I just couldn't deal with it anymore.

They (Precision Brakes Company) wouldn't even fucking give me the $500 bucks I put down. I didn't even sign off on any templates! Sorry Loki, but Precision has got some horrible service and I have it all documented on emails. It took them until December just to get a damn TL spindle (so they say....who knows if one actually ever showed up for them to base their bracket design on)! Ridiculous. Then they tell me they'll refund my money only to come back the following week saying they won't! I have since disputed the charge on my Credit Card and am getting my $500 back.

Nothing personal against you. Like I said at least you made the effort to give us some bbk options but Eric (accurateing) didn't have to wait this long for his Rotora BBK. It's the end of january 06 already, and Precision still has nothing to show for.....that's horrible! Yeah, they look nice but you'll be lucky if the damn things ever show up.

If you're looking for bbk's, buyer beware if dealing with Precision Brakes Company for the wilwood set.....
Old 01-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Silky Smooth

I would have to agree, the brake kits are finally done. But I went with a refund as well, I believe Andrew (MugenR) should be getting his kit this week. The TL isnt having anything else done to it, but I really wish these brakes would have worked out.

I'm sorry about the whole ordeal Ed, they played with all of us.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:43 PM
300whp 237wtrq

My brakes are done.. they are just waiting for my payment... i got some other things to take care of, so they are holding on to my kit for me till mid feb.... I talked to a girl named Brea, she's taking care of all my stuff and she was REALLY nice... sucks that you guys had bad service with them.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Originally Posted by MugenR
My brakes are done.. they are just waiting for my payment... i got some other things to take care of, so they are holding on to my kit for me till mid feb.... I talked to a girl named Brea, she's taking care of all my stuff and she was REALLY nice... sucks that you guys had bad service with them.
Yeah, Bri is the Customer Service Manager. She's pretty cool, but everybody else.....
Still can't believe it took this long for the brakes though.

No worries Lokius. Other than the pulley and some tint, I'm pretty much done also. All my extra cash is going to investments right now.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:17 PM
tehLEGOman

Whats up guys. I'm curious to see how these brakes will turn out.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:25 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Whats up guys. I'm curious to see how these brakes will turn out.
Looks like we'll all have to wait until Mugen gets his on. In the meantime, I'm gonna see if I can find someone that can just supply me the wilwood slotted rotors.

What's up with those vids man! haha!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:55 PM
300whp 237wtrq

I'll be driving down to So. Cal. around FEB 19th, so I'm dropping by Ashland, OR to pick up and install my brakes. I'll let u guys know whats what
Old 02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Silky Smooth

When you pass through Salem, Oregon make sure you hit me up, we can meet up and snap some pictures
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I'll be driving down to So. Cal. around FEB 19th, so I'm dropping by Ashland, OR to pick up and install my brakes. I'll let u guys know whats what
??? what part of So Cal are you headed to? swing by the meet since LokiusFitz is up in Oregon. we could always use more 3G TLs.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:17 PM
300whp 237wtrq

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
??? what part of So Cal are you headed to? swing by the meet since LokiusFitz is up in Oregon. we could always use more 3G TLs.
I'm heading to Malibu. I'll be there till end of March. My Business Partner lives down there and we are starting a new online business, he'll be moving to Seattle in june though.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
I'm heading to Malibu. I'll be there till end of March. My Business Partner lives down there and we are starting a new online business, he'll be moving to Seattle in june though.
what kind of online business are you guys starting.

Quick Reply: Loki's Modified 2004 WDP