Loki's Modified 2004 WDP

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1sweetTL
I knew you were a "BIG BALLER".
Must be nice!
Us poor folk will just have to live vicariously through you.

But seriously I have my sites set on a Conv. Vette, but it just ain't in the cards right now, and especially not a classic like that beauty.
What would that go for when you turn it?
We paid around $40k for both cars I believe. Which is a great deal, since when we are done with the vette, we will be able to sell it for $30k+, we will see how the market is. The thunderbird is a strong seller, it's not a 'F' or 'E' bird, so it wont sell for more than $35k. It all depends on how much we want to put into it..

Lokius, why not the corvette z06 instead of the shellby cobra? Since your family is a big fan of corvettes, I would think you guys would go for the z06 instead....
The new z06 is a monster, they are saying carrera GT competition easily and for $70K. I really like the car, and it will outperform the new shelby by far. But the design and looks of the new shelby are so much better than the z06. the only thing different from teh stock vettes, are some carbon fiber splitters, nicer wheels. Your paying for super-car performance at an unbelievable price. Thing is, we dont need or want that, I do, but I'm not buying a z06 anytime soon.

Even if the shelby even it doesnt look like the concept car, it will be a great car. And we dont have a problem putting an extra $5 or $10k in modifications to make it look and drive the way we want.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:11 PM
"Joe Cool"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
The zo6 is believe to be the fastest corvette chevy has ever made... I don't recall the specs, but I know it's a 7.0L engine.
You're making me cry..

I want a Vette so bad....
I look like something out of the EXORCIST everytime one passes by me.

Yesterday i was driving down the street in the TL, feeling good, then all of a sudden a Brand New Vette pulls up next to me.

All of a sudden I didn't feel so hot.

It's all good though I didn't pay 55K+ .
Old 10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
300whp 237wtrq

You're making me cry..

Yesterday i was driving down the street in the TL, feeling good, then all of a sudden a Brand New Vette pulls up next to me.

A Vette Pulled up next to you and you didn't feel to hot anymore? HA!!!

Yesterday i was driving along enjoying my ride when a Blue Lamborghini Gallardo pulled up next to me... and then on the freeway a Light blue Lamborghini Murcielago passed me by, then shortly followed by a Silver Ferrari 360 Spyder.....

....I want money....
Old 10-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by MugenR
and then on the freeway a Light blue Lamborghini Murcielago passed me by, then shortly followed by a Silver Ferrari 360 Spyder.....
While I know these cars can pass us in half a second without trying, you could've at least made an attempt I'm sure they would've played...then they could post a thread in the Lambo forum about how some TL tried to race them...just like we post threads about how some Tiburon tried to race us. Personally, I'd have gone for it with a big ol' grin on my face as I saw nothing but tail lights!
Old 10-07-2005, 11:56 AM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by chill_dog
While I know these cars can pass us in half a second without trying, you could've at least made an attempt I'm sure they would've played...then they could post a thread in the Lambo forum about how some TL tried to race them...just like we post threads about how some Tiburon tried to race us. Personally, I'd have gone for it with a big ol' grin on my face as I saw nothing but tail lights!
Yeah, I do that sometimes.... hoping they'll take the challenge.
Some of them just grin.

I bet they're thinking..."he's lost his f*ckin mind" when they look at me.

I had some fool in a 325 BMW pull up on me on the freeway and give me the look as he pulled away.
So I had no choice I had to catch up to um and pull right in front of em.
After that he got kinda bothered cuz he couldn't pass me again.
What was he thinking? It's not like he was in a 550i (360HP), so now whenever I feel bad about the Vette or any other car like that passing me.
I think "Well at least i didn't pay 50K for a BMW 530 that only has 255 HP.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:00 PM
"Joe Cool"

A Vette Pulled up next to you and you didn't feel to hot anymore? HA!!!

Yesterday i was driving along enjoying my ride when a Blue Lamborghini Gallardo pulled up next to me... and then on the freeway a Light blue Lamborghini Murcielago passed me by, then shortly followed by a Silver Ferrari 360 Spyder.....

....I want money....
Shit man when a Lambo, Ferrari or even a Porsche for that matter, pull up next to me, i don't feel bad, I feel horrible.
I feel like the 270HP TL I'm drivin just turned into a Pinto station wagon.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

When a Murcielago passes by you and if you try to race it, you're basically making a fool out of yourself and for folks who owns Acura TLs. It's in the same aspect as a person who's walking suddenly sees your TL and starts running to race you.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Burning Brakes

You're making me cry..

I have always love Corvettes, I was going to get a corvette until I heard the new model coming out in 2005 (when I was car shopping in 2004). I opted for a 6MT TL because it's more practical, I might trade-in for a z06 down the road When I have more money saved up

Old 10-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have always love Corvettes, I was going to get a corvette until I heard the new model coming out in 2005 (when I was car shopping in 2004). I opted for a 6MT TL because it's more practical, I might trade-in for a z06 down the road When I have more money saved up

Now that is a car.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
"Joe Cool"

I was gonna get a Corvette, until I had 3 kids and bought a 400k house.
Then I ended up with a Suburban LT. It packs some punch, but no agility whatsoever.

I bought this TL for my wife but she isn't into the performance aspect she just likes the looks.

We also have a 94 Integra which my son will be driving.
Best thing is though they are all "Paid In Full".

So yes I will have my Vette.. oh yes I will have one.
I think I am leaning towards a Silver one though. (easy maintenance)
Like you i am waiting unitl I can really afford it and still be comfortable.
If you think your paying alot at the pumps now, imagine with the Vette...Z06 mind you.
good luck..maybe in the future we will be chatting on a Vette Forum.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:20 PM
"Joe Cool"

BTW... it has to be Convertible...at least here in So.Cali.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Burning Brakes

I was gonna get a Corvette, until I had 3 kids and bought a 400k house.
Then I ended up with a Suburban LT. It packs some punch, but no agility whatsoever.

I bought this TL for my wife but she isn't into the performance aspect she just likes the looks.

We also have a 94 Integra which my son will be driving.
Best thing is though they are all "Paid In Full".

So yes I will have my Vette.. oh yes I will have one.
I think I am leaning towards a Silver one though. (easy maintenance)
Like you i am waiting unitl I can really afford it and still be comfortable.
If you think your paying alot at the pumps now, imagine with the Vette...Z06 mind you.
good luck..maybe in the future we will be chatting on a Vette Forum.
My Father has a New corvette and the Gas mileage is not that bad. i guess it depends on how you drive it. when I Drive it around the city I will get like 16-20mpg. If I get it on the highway and cruise I have gotten as good as 29 mpg which if you ask me, is not bad at all for an 8.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:05 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by blktl1
My Father has a New corvette and the Gas mileage is not that bad. i guess it depends on how you drive it. when I Drive it around the city I will get like 16-20mpg. If I get it on the highway and cruise I have gotten as good as 29 mpg which if you ask me, is not bad at all for an 8.
Really....

Yeah but I got a lead foot..

and I was reffering to the Z06 400hp model that mainevent wants.
nevertheless I want one and you are right it is pretty good for an 8.
Your dad's is it Conv.?

Look at us we have totally hijacked this thread.

Oh well Lokius started it with the pics of that Vette& T-bird
Old 10-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned

I don't think Lokius minds it, his family is into vettes anyway. Yellow vettes are the shit, too bad the z06 won't come in convertible or at least for 2006. a Hot blonde in a yellow vette, now that's a sight for sore eyes.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Silky Smooth

haha dont worry i dont care at all

but I do have some news, I have my TL, and will have some updated pictures today of it
Old 10-07-2005, 03:17 PM
300whp 237wtrq

i gotta admit though.. that vette looks pretty slick.

and for the record... no i wasn't trying to race the Lambo's or Ferrari. they just so happened to be going faster than me on the freeway.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Nah, Its not a convertable. he is like me. He says that Convertables are not good for track racing. My dad is into modding just like I am. He already has an exhaust(Header back) and an intake and the thing is only a month old.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Pro

my grandma has a yellow 2005 corvette, its sooo nice
whats funny tho, is she cant drive for shit
Old 10-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

Hey Lokius where did you order your AEM CAI and how much did it cost if you dont mind telling?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Silky Smooth

Hey Lokius where did you order your AEM CAI and how much did it cost if you dont mind telling?
I purchased my AEM intake through an ebay vendor for around $200 shipped. Great product I am really happy with it as well.

**Update Time**

My sun hyperground voltage system and the sun grounding kit have been installed. I purchased the wiring for the grounding kit in blue, and the voltage kit box is silver. Install wasn't too bad, did it myself with a buddy. As far as performance still early to tell, I will have a review with pictures by tomorrow. Ignition is definently easier, and the car feels a tiny bit stronger at the 2-3k rpm range, nothing like the difference I felt with the AEM intake.

My brakes will probably be on the car around November. I should recieve them in the next week or two, and then I have to go about the install on them.

Exhaust should be on there by the end of next week. I almost went with the Greddy Evo2 stainless steel exhaust that they use for the Acura CL, but decided against it. I am going with two magnflow stainless steel polished mufflers, part #14362, I am also having the center mid muffler removed, and having straight stainless piping going from the resonator to the two magnaflow mufflers. My OEM tips will be reused, and pushed out about one inch. They may be black chromed as well.

Tonight, and I seriously mean tonight, I will post about 20 pictures of the car on the Oregon Coast trip, showing some scenery and the new front bumper and everything else that has gone onto the car. Stay posted for more updates.

After the exhaust and big brakes for the front, I might be doing a BBK for the rear or some rotors at the least. I am definently painting the front grille trim WDP and the center bar, and painting the Acura symbol and innards black. That's everything I have planned for this vehicle.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hurry up bitch...lol

jk

dying to see
Old 10-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Racer

Hey loki dont know if its been answeredbut did you have thge rockblocker tints installed? if so how much did it cost you? i have my kit but am scared to put it on and ruin it.a local shop ive used is charging 75 to put it on
Old 10-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Fitz you still in Oregon? Well if so, we are having a meet on the 12th in Port Orchord/Gig Harbor Wa. Thought I'd give a heads up in case you wanted to drive up and join us.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
dude...i love those Acura Center caps! whered u get them???
Old 10-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Silky Smooth

Hey loki dont know if its been answeredbut did you have thge rockblocker tints installed? if so how much did it cost you? i have my kit but am scared to put it on and ruin it.a local shop ive used is charging 75 to put it on
Yeah I have the sidemarkers and tailights, did them myself, they arent that bad. Cost me the usual price on those.

dude...i love those Acura Center caps! whered u get them???
Acura center caps were a custom job, Ronjon took care of them for me, for being such a valued customer, and the fact that my vehicle has a certain exposure rate on the boards.

Fitz you still in Oregon? Well if so, we are having a meet on the 12th in Port Orchord/Gig Harbor Wa. Thought I'd give a heads up in case you wanted to drive up and join us.
I'm in Oregon till May November 12th is my birthday, I will be in Salem with the Dad, we will have to see if I can make the trip up.. Let you guys know for sure..

Pictures being uploaded shortly
Old 10-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pics pics pics pics - btw lokius my ronjons are on, look for pics by tomorrow here
Old 10-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Pro

damn im beginng to like the 3rd gen more and more seeing people mod it...looks really nice and aggresive some how..
Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Silky Smooth

Oregon Coast Round 1 (56k Warning)

Ok here is the first group of pictures... replacement black vinyl Acura is on there now

That's it for now
Old 10-27-2005, 06:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good pics! Who's the model?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Silky Smooth

haha my dad is, he drove the car up from san diego for me, and i didnt have the heart to tell him to get out of the car, or out of the pictures.. i think he enjoyed posing a little too much
Old 10-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Bring It

i must admit, your car is more beautiful the more i look at it.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Cold Racketeer

AEM sticker -1

Just kiddin... really nice lokius.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Silky Smooth

The AEM sticker will probably go when I sit down and detail the hell out of the car. I have some pictures coming of the voltage/grounding kit as well as some pictures of my vinyl acura text on the front bumper.

I ordered my exhaust today as well! I paid $147 for two stainless steel polished magnaflow mufflers, I was pretty happy the local guy wanted to charge me $175 a piece, I saved a shitload of cash. Expect to see exhaust next week, I will have time Monday or Tuesday to do it.

More Pictures will be uploaded whenever I get time
Old 10-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Racer

Really nice ride, Lokius. Sweet pics...

-LOD
Old 10-28-2005, 02:29 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Lokius
The AEM sticker will probably go when I sit down and detail the hell out of the car. I have some pictures coming of the voltage/grounding kit as well as some pictures of my vinyl acura text on the front bumper.

I ordered my exhaust today as well! I paid $147 for two stainless steel polished magnaflow mufflers, I was pretty happy the local guy wanted to charge me $175 a piece, I saved a shitload of cash. Expect to see exhaust next week, I will have time Monday or Tuesday to do it.

More Pictures will be uploaded whenever I get time

Dam your WDP TL is looking better each time I come by this thread. Keep up the awesome work on your car. Looks Hot now. Love the perfect lowering job as you eliminated all 4gaps which makes the TL stands more agressive and really sporty. Keep posting those awesome pics.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:34 AM
Cold Racketeer

lok - what happened to your first decal on the ACURA logo?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:59 AM
300whp 237wtrq

Hey Fitz! nice man! real clean... all we gotta do is finally get those brakes! SHOULD BE DONE SOON!

Originally Posted by tzakiel
lok - what happened to your first decal on the ACURA logo?
he had to repaint his bumper
Old 10-28-2005, 05:14 AM
Silky Smooth

Hey Fitz! nice man! real clean... all we gotta do is finally get those brakes! SHOULD BE DONE SOON!

he had to repaint his bumper
actually got a completely new bumper, new front oem lip spoiler, and a repaint of the entire hood and front vendors... trust me my little acura vinyl decal didnt remain long
Old 10-28-2005, 04:11 PM
iDrink

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
looks good loki!
Old 10-28-2005, 04:22 PM
100k miles club

hey loki, welcome back. how was oregon. refer me to page __ if you already posted about it. i'm to lazy to search

are you rollin' to november pasadena meet?

Quick Reply: Loki's Modified 2004 WDP