Loki's Modified 2004 WDP

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok guys couple updates of the car, and some pictures of course..

I was in an accident, some kid with a grind rail, I was not at fault at all, and I believe I will be getting the ronjon sport front bumper for the car, isntead of getting a replacement front bumper and a replacement a-spec front lip.

Also, brake color has changed, I am now getting the brakes down in Laguna Seca Blue, the BMW M3 paint color.

Here are some pictures from the SoCal meet, and show off my Acura Center caps and my Crash

The 4 Piston CALIPERS ARE HUGE!!!

Old 08-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Lokius
Wanted Volvo, Wanted a G35, and ended up keeping what I wanted all along, my 2004 Acura TL WDP/Quartz with Navi. Finally decided to start the thread, since I finally have the car in condition to show. Alot of wonderful stuff will be going into the car, after the wheels and brakes, I will start the engine stuff. But mostly bolt ons, no supercharger for me, $4k for less than 60hp, no thanks. hope you enjoy the car. More are on there way.

Here are the first 3 teaser shots. Once my wheels and brakes arrive, I real shoot will be done.

Modifications Complated.

- OEM Body kit
- Tein S-Tech Springs
- Comptech Rear Sway Bar
- Custom Carbon Fiber Interior Kit
- 20% Tinted Windows All Around
- Smoked Tail Lights
- Smoked Front and Rear Sidemarkers
- Illuminated Door Sills
- 9 LED Blue Interior Lights all around
- 9 LED White Liscence Plate Light
- PIAA Xenon Reverse lights
- Hoehn Xenonmatch Fog Lights

Being Done this Thursday

- Professionally smoked headlights
- Black and WDP Painted Grille
- SPC Camber Kit front and rear

Completion Around July

- Ronjon Devotion 1pF Black with Polished Lip 19x8.5
- Custom Front and rear 4 Piston Wilwood BBK painted in WDP w/ black acura text

3rd Gen TL LOVE
I'm sorry to change the subject. But where do you live in California!? The houses are so beautiful !!!! God, I'd love to live where you live!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Banned

cars looking sharp

really like that first pic
Old 08-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Silky Smooth

Haha I'm glad you like my house Erica. I'm 19 and I don't live with the parents anymore, so the houses you are looking at are located in Encinitas. I rent with a couple buddies, we work our assess of to pay for it, and as you can see we are slobs, all the clothes in the garage. My parents have a very nice house in a part of San Diego called Rancho Santa Fe, I will see if I can find a picture of it.

Thanks for the compliment and come visit, I'm sure you'll like San Diego and us.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Silky Smooth

Some pictures Janrish (Chris) sent me of the meet.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Some pictures Janrish (Chris) sent me of the meet.

In this pic it looks like you painted the grille suround white to match the body, now that is what i was talking about before. Way to represent the Company, def one of the Hottest and classiest TLs out there. With the RJ front bumper it will really be sweet, maybe even a Carbon Fiber Splitter too for the two tone thing you've got going on already.
Sorry for not calling back, Been stupidly busy as of late.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Silky Smooth

Thanks Ron,

Yeah we need to get in contact about the front bumper, and more importantly how that grille is coming. If I do get your bumper, i will leave the grille as is, and see how that mesh grille comes out before I paint anything.

Everybody loved the wheels and centercaps, and I of course had your cards and brochures all over the windshield. A couple guys mentioned on how it would look with BLACK MESH inserts on the Ronjon Sport Bumper and a Black Mesh Grille, and how it would set the car off.

I just spoke to the gentlemen making my brakes, and Laguna Seca Blue is just basically impossible to do via powdercoating, especially since they are doing it for free. So I went with Electric Blue. Blue brakes should set the car off nicely. White Acura text of course
Old 08-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Ron,

Yeah we need to get in contact about the front bumper, and more importantly how that grille is coming. If I do get your bumper, i will leave the grille as is, and see how that mesh grille comes out before I paint anything.

Everybody loved the wheels and centercaps, and I of course had your cards and brochures all over the windshield. A couple guys mentioned on how it would look with BLACK MESH inserts on the Ronjon Sport Bumper and a Black Mesh Grille, and how it would set the car off.

I just spoke to the gentlemen making my brakes, and Laguna Seca Blue is just basically impossible to do via powdercoating, especially since they are doing it for free. So I went with Electric Blue. Blue brakes should set the car off nicely. White Acura text of course
You know, powder coat them black chrome with white lettering, or powdercoat them white with black lettering, but you should really keep that monotone look of absent color, thats what makes your car look so sweet, no color. the brakes in blue would be too much i think. let the car maintain that super clean subtle look. If you do decide to go with a colored brake caliper, maybe a gold or beige would look good, kinda what comes OEM on the G35 brembos.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:02 AM
It is OK to smoke V8's.

Originally Posted by rondog
You know, powder coat them black chrome with white lettering, or powdercoat them white with black lettering, but you should really keep that monotone look of absent color, thats what makes your car look so sweet, no color. the brakes in blue would be too much i think. let the car maintain that super clean subtle look. If you do decide to go with a colored brake caliper, maybe a gold or beige would look good, kinda what comes OEM on the G35 brembos.
Paint them Gray with Chrome or Silver letters, just like the OEM AMG brakes for MB. They look really sweet!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Instructor

Lokius,
Car looks awesome man...must have stood out at that meet...But I agree w/ RJ on this...the reason your car stands out is that subtle look with the flash of two-tone...stick with that..either way gorgeous car my friend!!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Lokius,
I'll definitely keep you in my mind when I travel out to San Diego. I am planning to move there in 2 years and hopefully it'll be a dream come true. I know where Rancho Santa Fe is, houses there are gorgeous... but of course I won't be able to afford one right away over there. I might have to move into Orange County first or somewhere in downtown SD.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Silky Smooth

Part of the thing guys is that I'm getting these brakes for free, and I do want some contrast with them. If you look at the car, the black and white them travels well. I wasnt able to get the Devotions in Black, so I have satin silver wheel, which luckily stays with the tones pretty well. This blue, it's called electric blue, is more of a super bright royal blue. The white I could get would be white diamond pearl, and I could get metallic silver but that would hide behind the wheels I think.

Right now im leaning towards the blue brakes, followed by the white ones... However for keeping them clean, white would be impossible.

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
Lokius,
I'll definitely keep you in my mind when I travel out to San Diego. I am planning to move there in 2 years and hopefully it'll be a dream come true. I know where Rancho Santa Fe is, houses there are gorgeous... but of course I won't be able to afford one right away over there. I might have to move into Orange County first or somewhere in downtown SD.
Definently, if you do come down here, we will for sure party, we own some clubs all over san diego county, and we just opened our flagship downtown in the gaslamp, hopefully you can enjoy southern california as much as we do.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:37 PM
It is OK to smoke V8's.

The white I could get would be white diamond pearl, and I could get metallic silver but that would hide behind the wheels I think.
They don't hide when the wheels are moving. Besides, those wheels you have are big and have enough empty space between the spokes for the brakes to be seen. Anyway, no matter how big/cool/nice are the wheels you put on the car, they will not outshine the brakes, no matter what color you choose.

Another thing: Are you gonna change the interior lights??? If you do, and use blue bulbs or leds, it would really bring the blue calipers home.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned

i dont get it. i dont see anything wrong with the bumper other than that little tiny ass black chip in the middle.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by 6speedv6
They don't hide when the wheels are moving. Besides, those wheels you have are big and have enough empty space between the spokes for the brakes to be seen. Anyway, no matter how big/cool/nice are the wheels you put on the car, they will not outshine the brakes, no matter what color you choose.

Another thing: Are you gonna change the interior lights??? If you do, and use blue bulbs or leds, it would really bring the blue calipers home.
I think Blue is the best bet just for contrast, alot of the stuff I have done to the car, you guys thought would look terrible, but once completed you understand the look I was going for. This blue is a royal blue, and it will draw even more attention to the wheels. However if I find out that it is not a metallic paint, then I will just stick with white diamond pearl, either way the brakes will look sharp trust me.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Advanced

looking good
Old 08-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Got Pearl?

Lokius

Your car looks great. I am looking those wheels myself.

Rondog.

Every time I get online and see your advertisement at the top of the page it kills me, that is the set up I want (I have a wdp tl) but the young lady that drives the car doesn't see things the way I do. The wheels will happen in early 06! The rest will may never happen
Old 08-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Silky Smooth

Soon boys... soon
Old 08-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by car_lost
i dont get it. i dont see anything wrong with the bumper other than that little tiny ass black chip in the middle.
These pictures should help

Old 08-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Former Sponsor

These pictures should help

Everytime I see your car i want to just bite down and go trade my CL in for a 6 speed WDP TL with navi, then do what you did to it, but with a Kit and 20" Devotion-1pF's, Black Face w/ Polished lip. Now its driving me crazy. And once you get those calipers on, your car will be completey supurb.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by rondog
Everytime I see your car i want to just bite down and go trade my CL in for a 6 speed WDP TL with navi, then do what you did to it, but with a Kit and 20" Devotion-1pF's, Black Face w/ Polished lip. Now its driving me crazy. And once you get those calipers on, your car will be completey supurb.

First off thanks Ron, I'm glad you like the vehicle, I'm still waiting for some window decals from you, so I can sport you alongside my new acurazine decals, my aem decal, and my **** brake decal Haha if only you could have gotten those 1-pF's to me in time, they would have been on the car in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I had to get wheels and tires mounted before I leave for college, and it was too soon. No worries, I will be speaking with my insurance company tomorrow about the work that needs to be done, and I will have an answer for you by the 18th on weather or not I will need that front bumper.

Also I just found out, that metallic colors are done quite differently in the powdercoat process. And it would be quite expensive to have them powdercaoted wdp or metallic silver. I'm going to be speaking with them about the colors, and see what they can do. Still my #1 choice for color of my brakes is White Diamond Pearl. I love that color and the contrast would still be great with silver wheels and bright silver rotors. They also have the CNC machine which makes all 'Acura' text and other logos which is currently broken, so once I figure out for sure what they can do for me at the price I was quoted. I will let you guys know.

Regardless of weather or not I get the Ronjon Front bumper, I will keep my a-spec sides and rear, another user posted pictures of the full kit on white, and I disliked the rear and sides of the RJ kit, they looked much better in black or the anthracite one that belongs to ctlgo. Which I hope some of you have seen already, cuz it looks hot!

----

As of right now these are the modifications that will be done before August 22nd, which is when I take the car back up to Oregon with me.

- Driver Side Door Sills will be fixed
- 9 LED Hyperwhite Liscence light will be fixed
- Grille will be painted WDP, Acura logo on front grille and trunk will be black
- Ronjon Front Bumper with Black Mesh Inserts (Depends on body shop)
- Wilwood 4 Piston BBK Slotted and Drilled Rotors (WDP or Electric Blue)
- Custom exhaust, w/ black chromed OEM exhaust TIPS that stick out 1 inch more
- Rockblocker film on the Front and Rear Side Markers will be replaced by
professionally tinted sidemarkers from the inside
Old 08-17-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
May I ask what part of Oregon? I might just run in to u. BTW, car looks great. Props to originality....................
Old 08-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Loki, your car looks better and better, but I must tell you that if I had that BLACK chip in the front of the bumper I would trot over to my local acura dealer, pick up some touch-up paint for a couple bucks and DAB IT ON!!!!!

I WILL GRANT YOU that it's not the best fix but a an ever having a so slightly off white dot in the middle of your bumper, BUT it has to be better than the VERY noticable black scuff. I imagine it will be the cheapest modification you ever do.... unitil you get it repainted right or go with ron's front end.

Hell I may even fly to oregon and paint it for you.....I can see you post now "someone vandalized my car in the middle of the night and filled in a paint chip" LOL

Take care
Old 08-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by SKIUL8R
Hey Loki, your car looks better and better, but I must tell you that if I had that BLACK chip in the front of the bumper I would trot over to my local acura dealer, pick up some touch-up paint for a couple bucks and DAB IT ON!!!!!

I WILL GRANT YOU that it's not the best fix but a an ever having a so slightly off white dot in the middle of your bumper, BUT it has to be better than the VERY noticable black scuff. I imagine it will be the cheapest modification you ever do.... unitil you get it repainted right or go with ron's front end.

Hell I may even fly to oregon and paint it for you.....I can see you post now "someone vandalized my car in the middle of the night and filled in a paint chip" LOL

Take care
Haha the car just got dropped off today, the entire front bumper will be fixed, including the new damage from the skateboarder, and afterwards a complete 3M clear bra will be placed on the hood and front bumper. Car will be perfect again
Old 08-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

PPLAPW,
I was in Orange County this may for a vacation. I was at near Anaheim, but I forget the street name. I'll just PM you guys when I indeed move there.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
May I ask what part of Oregon? I might just run in to u. BTW, car looks great. Props to originality....................
The car will be in Salem. I will be driving up to Portland quite a bit, so we should for sure see eachother a couple times.

Fitz
Old 08-17-2005, 04:14 PM
100k miles club

Thumbs up

hey lokius, can't stop picturing those lights when you drove behind me. being the turn signals are blackened out, you can hardly see them. up close, that dark orange light trying to beam through the blackened area is awesome

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
I'll just PM you guys when I indeed move there
yay +1 member that will join us for the next meet
Old 08-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Silky Smooth

haha Sherwin, how did you like my dad coming to the meet. Was that funny shit or what
Old 08-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 6speedv6
Paint them Gray with Chrome or Silver letters, just like the OEM AMG brakes for MB. They look really sweet!!!
can wilwood make that color?
who was that with your dad?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Silky Smooth

My dad was with me, he was sitting shotgun most of the meet. Wilwood doesnt make any of these colors, the calipers come in black and sometimes red, you have them powdercoated to make different colors. I decided to stick with white diamond pearl brakes.

Fitz
Old 08-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Burning Brakes

I like when the brake calipers are painted in RED, I don't think I ever saw them in WDP before. Do you have a picture to show?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Intermediate

Loki, your car is nice! i love it!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Silky Smooth

My Brake Kit

Here are some updated pictures of the actual custom wilwood kit for our 04-05 TL's. My kit with be Pearl White, like my car, and will have Acura engraved on it with a CNC machine.

Cannot wait to get these brakes, if you are seriously interested check out the brake thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/i-f%2A%2A%2A-want-shoot-119207/
Old 08-18-2005, 05:24 PM
It is OK to smoke V8's.

That rotor hat has only 4 lug nut holes in it. Our cars use 5 holes.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Silky Smooth

Bunch of wise ass's lol, ok let me correct myself. This is the same model of rotor, caliper, brake lines and pads that will be in the production unit. Also some things such as the lug nut holes and size of brake pads will be different from shown Cannot miss a thing on this forum, thanks for speaking up boys
Old 08-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Banned

nice! make sure they use the acura font for the engraving.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Silky Smooth

They will be using the acura font of course, the car is in the shop still, getting the hood, fenders and whole front bumper repainted, as well as a new grille After that I have a FULL 3M Clear bra coming, with protection for the hood, bumper and fendors, much needed btw
Old 08-19-2005, 04:01 PM
100k miles club

haha Sherwin, how did you like my dad coming to the meet. Was that funny shit or what
nah, he seems like a cool guy. that he comes and supports AZ meets

FULL 3M Clear bra coming, with protection for the hood, bumper and fendors
want to do that as well, but not high on my list. last i checked, a shop was gonna charge me $600 for the front bumper, 1/2 the fender and side mirrors . let me know how much they're gonna run ya when you do get them done. i may have to slow down on the mods once i get my AEM CAI and a-spec kit. taking a vacation in december and looking into moving in march 06
Old 08-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Silky Smooth

The parts cost me around $270, installation should be around $250 I believe. We will see when it happens...
Old 08-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Instructor

One of the hottest TL's out there keep it up

Quick Reply: Loki's Modified 2004 WDP