Loki's Modified 2004 WDP

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey fitz whats up. Ride is lookin sweet. When are you gonna be back in Oregon? We are trying to put a Seattle meet together for sometime in early September, you know one last big one before summers over. If your in town your always welcome. Keep you posted.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I drive up to Oregon this week, I should be in Oregon around the 28th at the latest. Yeah I may take you guys up on the Seattle meet if I have some time

Fitz
Old 08-20-2005, 03:56 PM
HONDA/ACURA FOR LIFE!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lokius...

Your location says San Diego...did you get your car tinted down here? If so where did you go and how much did you pay?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Luv my TL

what else are your planning to put on your TL lokius? i believe you already have all the mods!
Old 08-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by djemx2
Lokius...

Your location says San Diego...did you get your car tinted down here? If so where did you go and how much did you pay?

Thanks
Ace Window Tinting in Escondido, around $200 or so for the full thing.

what else are your planning to put on your TL lokius? i believe you already have all the mods!
I still have to install my Sun Grounding kit and voltage kit, I also still need to apply my 3m bra, and of course the brakes for the front and rear, as well as the custom exhaust I want to do.

The exhaust will work like this, I will have all stainless steel pipes, two magnaflow mufflers, and I'm going to have my oem tips chromed, and then I will have the exhausts lengenthed about an inch, to have them stick out farther from the bumper, so they fit well with the a-spec rear.

After all is said and one, I believe I'm going to but some m3 projectors where the fog lights are, and just maybe a sound system and the av switcher so I can watch Dvd's, those are like way way way out there though.

Brakes, exhaust, and everything I already have ready to install, then im done for a couple months

Keep you all updated of course
Old 08-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Cruisin'

What does WPD stand for?
Old 08-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Cruisin'

Also, Where and how did you install the blue lights in the back seat?
Old 08-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What about Comptech Exhaust and an Intake
Old 08-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by kieshers
What does WPD stand for?
Nvr mind, stupid question.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:59 AM
Silky Smooth

-Latest Update-

The entire front bumper was replaced, I decided to stick with the OEM bumper and A-Spec front lip, insurance purposes. The paint is cureing, and in 3 weeks my 3M clear bra will be applied to the bumper, hood, fenders and the a-spec lip. The entire front of the car was painted, as well as some issues with headlights, they were resealed, and my intake system was re-installed.

The vehicle will be Oregon around late September early October, and at that time, I will have pictures of the BBK kit for the front, as well as some shots of my new custom interior modifications, and my special exhaust I had made. The brakes are something I'm really looking forward to, and I will be doing a real photoshoot with some film majors at the Oregon State Capital as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking
Old 09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Advanced

where the hell do u get all of that money
Old 09-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Loki - Enjoying your mods. Giving me plenty of ideas. I'm using my kids college fund to enjoy my toys. She doesn't need it since she's on educational scholarships/grants.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by haroman311
where the hell do u get all of that money

Teaching tennis camp and giving lessons, and selling LG products wholesale, you make around $12k profit a summer
Old 09-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

what about the joint partnership for the night clubs? or was i mistaken for something else?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
what about the joint partnership for the night clubs? or was i mistaken for something else?
my family owns nightclubs in san diego, as of right now I have no desire to work in the family. perhaps in the future, want to make it on my own first
Old 09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

nice family business lol! I would so live there if possible *evil laugh* hahaha
Old 09-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Lokius
my family owns nightclubs in san diego, as of right now I have no desire to work in the family. perhaps in the future, want to make it on my own first
I know what you mean, My familly owns alot of real estate, all my cousins work for their dad and get paid peanuts. But they have all their bills paid for, so they resort to smokin weed and hanging out. No room for growth or motivation. So much more gratifying to actually do something on your own and dust your shoulders off.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Advanced

shit i juts work on cars every day, money i do make, is paying back debts! all the mods i got on my car right now is dirt and warped rotors
Old 09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rondog
I know what you mean, My familly owns alot of real estate, all my cousins work for their dad and get paid peanuts. But they have all their bills paid for, so they resort to smokin weed and hanging out. No room for growth or motivation. So much more gratifying to actually do something on your own and dust your shoulders off.
Depends what family business it is and how you handle the transition...ie Ive worked in my fathers business for 12 year before becoming an exec...gotta pay the dues...at any rate Lokius love the ride!!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
I don't know...been there, done that (although not due to family money)...and I have to say, it sure beat working for a living...
Old 09-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Silky Smooth

it all depends on the person, my family is extremelly helpful in everything I do and I will eventually help my father out and take over the business and everything, but first I want to establish myself, and make sure I personally know that I don't need to live off the accomplishments of my father. I think it depends on how close you are with your family and how much business would affect the relationship. working for the family is sometimes easier, but i know i would have so much more expected of me, and I feel that i need to prove myself so much more, since my parents expect the world from me.

anyways enough of this, i think we all have a good idea of how important a strong work ethic is..

on the other note of my car, It is completed, all finished and painted and looking great. I am waiting the paint cure for about 3 weeks, and then the 3m clear bra's will be applied and the car is heading on up here. Good news is that I already initiated a custom headlight job. I will have bosch projectors for my foglights, and a complete retrofit will be accomplished, with matching bezels similar to the ones on our stock HID projector. the bosch projectors are the same as those on the current m3. it's going to look good, current cost is $500 for labor, and I got all the parts for $300. this is my last modification for at least 6 months.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hmm the headlight idea sounds cool! they wont be fogs though ... just "annoyers" lol. But will look siiiiiick I am sure
Old 09-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
So, how long do we have to wait for pics...really want to see those brakes! By the way, are you still getting rears? What's your exhaust set up?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:01 AM
I like to whistle in my

i like the door sills. I've always seen them online but thought would look "ricey" but they look pretty nice
Old 09-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by chill_dog
So, how long do we have to wait for pics...really want to see those brakes! By the way, are you still getting rears? What's your exhaust set up?
car will be in oregon around late september, early july. paint has to have 3 weeks to cure before I can apply the 3m clear bra. I dont want to drive that from San Diego CA, to Salem, OR without a clear bra, the ride would butcher the car. Brakes are just about done, and I should see them soon. Rear's are coming later, first just the front. I have a stainless cat-back exhaust system coming around december, for right now everything is stock.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Lokius you are my hero....

what interior mods are you doing...i really want to upholster the seats with blue cloth/vinyl/leather whatever is right going up the center of the seat where the body of the person is.

i really can't wait to see ur car...also...is it 6MT or 5AT?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Silky Smooth

Inside I have 9 LED interior lights, illuminated door sills, the custom carbon fiber interior kit.. and I eventually plan on getting a new shifter and perhaps upgrade the sound system to be more powerful, yet retain all OEM functions.

We will have to see
Old 09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

lokius... where did you get your headlights smoked? I am San Diego as well and i would like to get them done on my new 05 Tl as well Is the orange light completely gone? how about the side markers? (i would like to get rid of all the orange bulbs/lights because i cant stand that color! lol)
Old 09-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lokius, any more pics of your ride? Have you done anything since last pics? I can't remember.

I put on my rockblocker smoked today. Damn! You weren't kidding in that other thread. It took me quite a bit of fussing and much to my suprise a lot of trimming with a utility knife! The knife has left some unsightly edges here and there... my films were substantially bigger than my lights (maybe 1/8" all around) so I had to trim off most of the edges with a razor. -did you have trouble with the films for the rear side markers? I found that the hardest... in fact I couldn't get it acceptable with my razor and I'm going to use my front marker films and cut them down and re-do the rear markers tomorrow. The front markers are already clear/dark grey so I don't think it will matter that they are not smoked. Too bad tho... the film for the rears was just too big and stiff to fit on them nicely at all. I did get the tailights nicely and the headlight turns only which turned out great.

I also got the rest of the OEM aero kit. New pic thread probably tomorrow.

Anyway your car was a big inspiration, thanks for the great ideas and awesome pics so far.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Silky Smooth

I got the headlights done at Rego Sport, personally dont mess with the headlights. It's a hassle, I had some issues with fogging, and I had a professional body shop down here fix some of the work Rego Sport did. They look great and are awesome, but it's a risk.

I went around and found some pictures, that I havent posted, I have about a hundred pictures of the car, and I found a shot of the car before anything was done to it, it just had smoked side signals, tail lights and was debaged with a window tint. Gives you an idea of where I came from. Also there are some pictures of the car I have that I thought I'd add. Mostly some shots of the custom carbon fiber interior kit... My car is an early VIN, we recieved it December 2003.

Brakes are coming real soon, White Diamond Pearl metallic paint, with embossed and engraved "Acura" on them. Custom Wilwood kit, tested and to fit just with our 3rd Gen TL. Better quality than Rotora, and they aren't cross compatible with other cars, so the components can be chosen and customized to our cars specifically. The acura text is made with a CNC machine, so it looks unbelievable. 4 piston calipers, 13 inch rotors, cross drilled and slotted, and of course the calipers are huge. Really excited, also I will have some pictures of my completely new front bumper, which from what my buddy said, makes my car look brand new. Also some shots of my ACURA logo centercaps which really look great on the car. Anyways once I have the vehicle on October 9th, you guys will have a some photos up in the Oregon.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cool... nice to see the carbon fiber kit for interior... very unique mod. CNC machines are so cool... I actually have a couple of swords (yes, swords!) that were made using steel in cnc machines + hand work and the level of detail and finish CNC can help produce is amazing.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

i love this thread...
Old 09-28-2005, 12:40 AM
iDrink

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
me too. i cant wait to get my headlights done.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Silky Smooth

Some new additions to the family!!

We dont usually buy new cars, one of the reasons why we bought the TL was for safety and reliability. The next new car we are going to be getting is the 2007 Shelby Mustang Cobra, and until then we will be buying and selling cars like these. My dad and I have been buying and selling classic cars together since I was about 10. It's his passion, he's probably had upwards of over 500 cars. He just picked these two up, and we will be turning them as soon as we can get some work done on them. Both are for sale if anyone is interested

Corvette and Thunderbird, all original.

Old 10-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Very nice. Any 32 roadsters in the family.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Loki ,

What Diameter are you going with on the front BBK from Wilwood?

14" or 13" ?

Boartman,
Old 10-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Advanced

I like the headlight modification. I might have to do something like that to my TL.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Silky Smooth

The brake kit from wilwood is 13" boartman

Thanks for the comment acurrateghost, I hope to see some pictures of your tl someday.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
"Joe Cool"

[QUOTE=Lokius]We dont usually buy new cars, one of the reasons why we bought the TL was for safety and reliability. My dad and I have been buying and selling classic cars together since I was about 10. He just picked these two up, and we will be turning them as soon as we can get some work done on them. Both are for sale if anyone is interested

Corvette and Thunderbird, all original.

[QUOTE]

I knew you were a "BIG BALLER".
Must be nice!
Us poor folk will just have to live vicariously through you.

But seriously I have my sites set on a Conv. Vette, but it just ain't in the cards right now, and especially not a classic like that beauty.
What would that go for when you turn it?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Lokius, why not the corvette z06 instead of the shellby cobra? Since your family is a big fan of corvettes, I would think you guys would go for the z06 instead....
The zo6 is believe to be the fastest corvette chevy has ever made... I don't recall the specs, but I know it's a 7.0L engine.

my friend Jeremy recently painted his brake caliper in red, why don't you show a few pictures Jeremy, upload a few pictures of your recent mods.

Quick Reply: Loki's Modified 2004 WDP