Introduction/slow build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 02:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
Car is looking fresh man! That steering wheel is a huge want for me, how hard was it to install the middle airbag portion?

Also could you link your DRL bulbs and the new side marker LEDs?
Old 04-23-2018, 07:32 AM
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts
Wow awesome updates! I think I'm going to do the diffuser next. So jealous of that wheel!
Old 04-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Slpr04UA6
I must say, very impressive! Like the Look, and appreciate the effort put into it!
Thank you! I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by MyGuti
Car is looking fresh man! That steering wheel is a huge want for me, how hard was it to install the middle airbag portion?

Also could you link your DRL bulbs and the new side marker LEDs?
Thanks man! Same here, I dont think i can go back to a regular, thinner wheel. My buddy did the install, but just need a t30, take out about 3 screws (i think), then it will pop out, disconnect the air bag connector, and then you have access to the bolt that holds the steering wheel on.

https://www.endlessrpm.com/lucenta-9...ree-bulbs-drl/
Amazon Amazon

That is what i used. Not sure if you have a base or a Type S, so sizing may be different.

Originally Posted by ryanfett
Wow awesome updates! I think I'm going to do the diffuser next. So jealous of that wheel!
Thanks man! I'd say so haha. diffuser is a must! subtle touch to the rear end
Old 04-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ryan L21
Thank you! I appreciate it!

Thanks man! Same here, I dont think i can go back to a regular, thinner wheel. My buddy did the install, but just need a t30, take out about 3 screws (i think), then it will pop out, disconnect the air bag connector, and then you have access to the bolt that holds the steering wheel on.

https://www.endlessrpm.com/lucenta-9...ree-bulbs-drl/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is what i used. Not sure if you have a base or a Type S, so sizing may be different.

Thanks man! I'd say so haha. diffuser is a must! subtle touch to the rear end
Thanks for the info! I might need to find someone local to do the steering wheel install for me as well....when the time comes.
For the bulbs.....how close do the amazon ones match the DRL's from endless?
My car is a type-s as well....
Old 04-23-2018, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MyGuti
Thanks for the info! I might need to find someone local to do the steering wheel install for me as well....when the time comes.
For the bulbs.....how close do the amazon ones match the DRL's from endless?
My car is a type-s as well....

No problem. Pretty darn close imo

Old 04-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 535 Likes on 269 Posts
How do you have your DRLs and turn signals on at the same time? Car looks so freakin clean man!
The following users liked this post:
Ryan L21 (12-31-2019)
Old 04-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

switch the light knob one up or down
Shadow2056 (04-26-2018)
Old 12-31-2019, 03:27 PM
Instructor

Well.... It has been a really long time since I've been on azine and it's time to get back to updating my thread I started when I first bought this car. Time to stay active and update/interact with those who still are active.

​​​​​​Last posting, was my DRL kit I got from endlessrpm... Well a decent amount has changed...

Sometime 2018

Sometime 2018

Sometime 2018

Sometime in 2018

One cool thing I got to experience in September of 2018,was putting my car in a local Acura showroom. A local car group hosted an event called "Showroom Social" and I was picked to showcase my car in the showroom. Was an experience I will never forget! Here are some pics from the event:

Back to stockies.... This was like October/November 2018

I was getting bored of the stockies and I knew I needed something for the 2019 season, so the hunt was on. I wanted three piece wheels, but decided it was not a smart choice since I daily my car.. I wanted a wheel that not many people run on the TL and has a cool color... Ended up coming across SBC Enkei NT03's... Hit up a company based out in San Francisco, CA (System Motorsports) my order was placed the end of November of 2018. I was lucky enough to land a spot in the last batch of the year(the owner of the company said they only do 1-2 drops a year). Took about two months to finally have my wheels from the motherland!
Landed mid January 2019

Decided to go for the meaty stance with this setup (ignore the higher front. Did not get a chance to adjust coils)

Freshly mounted 255/35/18 Federal Evo st-1

Next up... I always loved splitters, but couldn't justify paying $1k for the kit all around. Found a company that was budget friendly and quality.

Used Gyeon Rim ceramic wheel coating

After ceramic coating them

Forgot which photo I maxed the teins out, but I did and got Skunk 2 UCA and did the hellaflush mod to them.

A few photos before I ditched the 255/35/18 setup and went to some baby stretch of 225/35/18.

One of my followers went from static to bagged, so he asked if I wanted his low mileage BC'S! He gave me a solid deal on them so I couldn't pass it up. Also, I was itching for more low so the situation couldn't have worked out any better! At this time, I also got the endlessrpm shark mouth grille.
The coilovers are the extreme lows with 14k front springs with 12k rear springs and they had ~14,000 miles on them.

Freshly slammed 🤤

Low beams gave out... Ended up replacing them with Osram CBB'S. Love that they match my sidemarkers and turn signals

Osram CBB low beams

My shaker bottle leaked water onto my passenger seat SOAKING the leather and I didn't find out till two hours later... Leather was so saturated, when it dried and I put pressure on the seat, I created a .25-.5" tear 😭 I thought about the endlessrpm seat covers, but couldn't make myself buy them because I was not completely in love with how they looked. My buddy has cl7/cl9 recaros in his 1g 6spd tsx and I fell in love with how they look and feel when sitting in them... So I had to get myself a pair.... LET ME TELL YOU, WOW!

Took some pics with my buddies pavement princess. 6" lift on 35's vs my car 😅😂

Some fav pics

Have ALOT more pics, but I feel like I overloaded this post already, so if you would like to see more, follow me on IG! @rly_ua7

Sidenote, few things I didn't take pics, but got installed was the Progress rear sway bar set to street, but will change to track when I get new endlinks and I also did a Airaid UBI 4" Cai intake.

Future plans or some that may come soon will be custom taillights, new headlights (thinking depos), and rotrex supercharger hopefully end of 2020. Looking to buy a LBZ Duramax o(06-early07 Silverado/Sierra 2500) graduate for a daily then I can focus/save for the Rotrex.

Lastly, I would like to thank Sockr1(Dave) and Numair for being bad influences (egged me on to hurry up and get bc's and the progress rear sway) and always helping me out with some questions I had.

Thanks for reading this LONG update. I will be updating from now on with anything new or not.
​​​
The following 4 users liked this post by Ryan L21:
2001CLCoupeLife (12-31-2019), dopeboy1 (12-31-2019), Shadow2056 (01-01-2020), teh CL (12-31-2019)
Old 12-31-2019, 03:45 PM
Instructor

Also forgot to mention, but also added the MDX/Odyssy intake manifold spacer and threw on a TB because i got it for free.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:50 PM
The inconvenient truth

Received 436 Likes on 322 Posts
Dayyyummmnn your car is looking really nice!
Old 12-31-2019, 08:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dopeboy1
Dayyyummmnn your car is looking really nice!
Thank you!
Old 01-01-2020, 04:34 AM
UA6MT

Received 252 Likes on 139 Posts
Glad to be a bad influence
Old 01-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Dude. This car a CLEAN!! I love it man!
Old 01-01-2020, 01:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Where did you get those rear caliper covers from? Or are they actual Brembos?
Old 01-01-2020, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by numairh
Glad to be a bad influence
BC's though were probably one of the top 5 mods though, not gonna lie. Night and day difference from the Teins

Originally Posted by Shadow2056
Where did you get those rear caliper covers from? Or are they actual Brembos?
They're just covers in the rear. Hated the difference between front and rear. Felt empty in the rear. But I found them on ebay three years ago. Recently, i have tried to find them, but can't seem to find them anymore. They either stopped selling them or they put the listing under a different name and ebay is not pulling the covers up under each search i do.

Originally Posted by Shadow2056
Dude. This car a CLEAN!! I love it man!
Thank you!
Shadow2056 (01-02-2020)
Old 01-05-2020, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Got bored today and decided to throw a 15mm Proteg spacer up front. Fitment before was wack with the 5mm to clear brembos. My specs now are 18x9.5 +12 up front and +22 rear.

Sidenote, a few months ago, I lowered the front .25" with a perfect aligment, so I thought lowering it would only throw it off a little... MAN I was wrong. Have bad toe wear so will need to flip the front tires then get another alignment... So these pics are with toe out of spec
Shadow2056 (01-09-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 05:55 PM
Instructor

Adding to the thread of what I got done recently.
Stockies thrown back on ✅ (Ignore the rash. My buddy scored these for $280 local in CO, then he drove them to STL for me when he came to visit back in December. Will probably refinish them myself this spring/summer in a graphite gray)

Got my toe zeroed out ✅
Ordered 15mm(currently +22 with a 5mm, will be +12 with 15mm spacer) Proteg spacers for the rear to match the fronts +12 offset ✅

Next...i have been driving one of my family's car to work the past week and the TL has been sitting. It would sit for a few days then I would start it... Was last started on Monday... Went to start it today and battery was dead. Only thing I can think of that would drain the battery was the hfl unit still being connected. I probably should have disconnected it 3 years ago, but never had a battery drain issue before. Oh well. Hopefully this solves my issue.

​​​​​Thanks for reading!
Old 01-16-2020, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
Car looks great man-lotta work and it paid off. My fav combo was the 255-35-18s
Old 01-19-2020, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 90foxnotch
Car looks great man-lotta work and it paid off. My fav combo was the 255-35-18s
Thank you! Definitely! More to come though. I agree. I think i will be back to a 255 + whenever I do the GBP Rotrex kit
Old 01-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Burning Brakes

The Rotrex kit seems totally legit. I have a different car for more powa but those kits make great power
Old 01-19-2020, 11:44 PM
Instructor

The Rotrex kit seems totally legit. I have a different car for more powa but those kits make great power
Agreed. TL-S has just been a cool daily/dream car of mine. Would be even funner with some more power! Hopefully picking up an 06-07.5(early 07) Silverado/Sierra 2500 LBZ Duramax come fall, then Rotrex the TL winter.

Judging by your username... a Notch! Love me a Notch!
Old 01-20-2020, 09:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Nice choice on the diesel. After my mustang is done I’ll probably be towing it to the track more so might need to invest in one. I like these j series n/a but boosted must be that much better. Yessir it’s a notchback. I’ve had it since I was 16
Old 04-13-2020, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Nice choice on the diesel. After my mustang is done I’ll probably be towing it to the track more so might need to invest in one. I like these j series n/a but boosted must be that much better. Yessir it’s a notchback. I’ve had it since I was 16
Thanks! Hopefully i can find a clean one. If not, looking into the LML Duramaxes, more specifically the 2011-2014 Sierra Denali's. We will see! Surprised you do not have a rig yet. Either way, love seeing your progress with both the notch and TL-S! I hear boosted J's are prime ahha. Especially with the Rotrex system. Would not be possible without Andy
Old 04-13-2020, 09:34 PM
Instructor

Update

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Last update was on stockies and getting my toe zeroed out. Only stayed on stock wheels for about a month or two then threw the NT03's back on.
Updates are: my car got backed into while I was working, got new tail lights and did a paint correction then applied probably my favorite sealant and wax combo 👌
For the accident, I was backed into. My car was reversed in a spot and a couple tried to do the same for some reason... Failed because they hit my car. Oh well. This all happened while I was inside my work. SUPER fortunate they left a note with their name, number, and what not. Still didn't feel good about the situation because a lot of people quickly change how they play games with situations like this. All in all, it was taken care of.

Next up is custom tail lights made by Kyle/Ossman14! Super happy with my set. The setup is: Clear turn signal lense, clear lower lense, red brake lense, and the bezel/housing is dipped Forged Carbon Fiber. Small detail, but I love it.
I also performed a long over due paint correction on the car. Got as much swirls out as I could with the pads I had. They aren't the best, so next time I perform a correction, I will be ordering better pads and reupping on better polishes and compounds. All I used this time was m205, China freight DA polisher utilizing a 6" backing plate (I need to get a smaller backing plate), Amazon Foam pads I had (like two years old and a few corrections on them. They're clean, but I need to invest in better pads). For protection this go around, I decided to give the "Ultimate combo" Matt Moreman recommends from Obsessed garage a go and MAN I love it. The combo is Jescar Power Lock paint sealant, with Collinite 845 on top of the sealant, then topped with Beadmaker as a drying aid. Prior to this, protection on the car was just Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint sealant with Meguirs quick wax as a drying aid. Paint looked really deep and I still love Wolfgang's, but the new combo is too good. I feel like it is deeper than Wolfgang's, but it might just be a placebo lol. I also gave the exhaust tips some much needed attention. They have certainly been neglected. I do not think I cleaned them in depth in like a year and being catless + winter grime... I am sure you can imagine the nastiness... Kinda embarrassed, but oh 🐋 Little elbow grease and Mothers metal polish brought them back to life!
Onto some pictures.... Here are some favorites. I am very active on IG, so if you'd like to see more consistently , give me a follow! IG: rly_ua7

Not bad for 12 yr old paint.

Some things to come are Depo headlights and possibly side markers. 6k up front and rears will be the read
​​​​​​Here is a video link to the tail lights! A more in depth view!
Link to video is
Thank you for reading!

Last edited by Ryan L21; 04-13-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:48 PM
UA6MT

Received 252 Likes on 139 Posts
Nice booty pic!
Ryan L21 (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 10:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by numairh
Nice booty pic!
Wouldn't have a capture like that if it wasn't for you telling me the sauce! 🙏🙇‍♂️
Old 07-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Instructor

Small update

Hey everyone!

​​Not much has changed other than enjoying the car and removing and "upgrading" .
Numair removed his HIC rear visoravisor that prompted me to think "I should too. Looks WAY to clean without it". At first, I wasn't with removing the HIC, but the more I thought and I kept looking at my car... It was time. 3.5 years on and finally removed it

I also wrapped the small chrome trunk trim forged carbon to match my tail light bezel..Thought the nonglossy version was gonna look good, but I was wrong. I will probably get it hydrodipped or get the gloss version wrap to match better with the tail light housings (they're hydrodipped forged carbon)

​​​​​​Next up on the list was needing new headlights. Amber had to go. The amber just "clogged" the flow in my opinion. I thought about going down the modded headlight route, but decided against it because in my opinion, a simpler look is better, plus my car is not a show car. Just a cool, fun, daily "stance" car. Also didn't want to deal with the headache of more wiring or possibility of an led failure in the future. I am a BIG fan of clear corners so the only option was to go with the Depo clear corner headlights.

With all this change, I decided it was time to ditch the duckbill trunk lip as well. The paint on the trunk lip is not holding up (paint is cracking), so instead of paying to get it resprayed, I decided to change it up. I have an ATLP CSL on order and having a cool scheme with it(in my opinion, it's cool).

Other than that, I have just been trying to maintain the beautiful NBP and enjoying daily driving this car!

​​​​

Last edited by Ryan L21; 07-09-2020 at 04:05 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ryan L21:
Shadow2056 (08-11-2020), Slpr04UA6 (07-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 02:08 AM
Cruisin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan L21
Wouldn't have a capture like that if it wasn't for you telling me the sauce! 🙏🙇‍♂️
bbbrrrrrrooooo! Just read through this entire thread and what an amazing journey! Car looks A+... very similar end result as to what I intend to get out of my TL project...

question... and this may be somewhere else but I haven’t seen it... when you put in the new seats... what did you do about the wiring below the seat? And does it throw an airbag code? Thanks in advance
Old 08-10-2020, 02:09 AM
Cruisin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Also, gonna go give you a follow on IG! 🤘🏽