Crashed my TL in a 3 car accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:33 PM
The Sinister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Crashed my TL in a 3 car accident

Great! I have had my TL for about 2 months now. I live in Boston. I hated it when cars would bang there doors into my car and leave little dings. Now I have this mess. So I was on Commonwealth Avenue going into the city at 9:45 PM on November 18, 2005 (couple of hours from my one year anniversary). I approached a traffic control signal. It was a two lane road and two cars were right in front of me. As I came to a stop, I saw a VW Jetta Wagen coming right behind me at high speeds. I tried to move into the right side lane, but it was too late by then. I got rear ended and I went into the car in the front right lane. It was a 1994 Nissan Maxima. I was so ripped. I know the guy in the VW Jetta Wagen, and his brakes failed. Now I have such a mess to deal with. Would you think this is the best time to do RonJon kit? Any other mods I could implement during the recovery period? I am thinking about clearing and smoking the front headlights as well. My exhaust on the drivers side is busted. The whole system was pushed back to the front of the car.

Help me make the most of this...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:01 AM
iDrink

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
do the ronjon kit if you want, but damage goes far beyond just the bumper replacements. this will definitely cost your insurance. you also should make sure the exhaust didn't damage anything else in the engine since it was forced towards that area. good luck with it bro.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:40 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ur engine was damaged or not?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:54 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
shit that sucks. i second getting the ronjon kit if you can. both my front and rear bumper are cracked due to other people and i plan on getting it. hope it all works out for you.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:49 AM
Advanced

Sorry to see that...glad everyone is OK.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by K-80-123
Sorry to see that...glad everyone is OK.

first, glad to hear you are all right..............

was this around kenmore? or comm ave/brighton split?

hope all is well and you're going to have to wait till appraiser comes and takes a look inside.

Sucks cause the car is so new, the frame damage and everything else is going to be replaced and fixed (can't total)

i have some good autobody guys north of the city if you need any reputable referrals.

PM me.

sang
Old 11-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That does suck man.. especially with a new car when you're suppose to be celebrating your anniversary ..

Looks like you just washed/waxed it too.. Don't know why, but I always feel worse for people who crash nice clean cars than for people who crash a dirty one.. (guess it's just me). Sorry for your mis-fortune.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Intermediate

out of curiosity, did the airbags deploy?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:05 AM
The Sinister

I think there is engine damage. I have not popped the hood yet. I am having an appraiser come look at it today. The car doesnt sound the same and the acceleration is delayed (like there is extra load in the car). The airbags did not deploy. Also, would I be at fault if I got rear ended and I went into the cars in front of me? I am definitely doing the RonJon kit. How about the exhaust system? My passenger side exhaust is squashed. Thanks for all your input
Old 11-21-2005, 10:08 AM
The Sinister

Scribesoft...I had the whole car detailed (waxed/buffered/polished) and the inside carpets shampoo'd and seats and dash polished and AA'd. Yeah it sucks to see a clean car get smashed. Sangwl, i sent you a PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:11 AM
B A N N E D

Totally sucks dude....so sorry....
Old 11-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tlster04
I think there is engine damage. I have not popped the hood yet. I am having an appraiser come look at it today. The car doesnt sound the same and the acceleration is delayed (like there is extra load in the car). The airbags did not deploy. Also, would I be at fault if I got rear ended and I went into the cars in front of me? I am definitely doing the RonJon kit. How about the exhaust system? My passenger side exhaust is squashed. Thanks for all your input

Glad to hear you personally were ok, as far as you being in fault I doubt it as your hitting the car in front of you was not a voluntary act on your part, if anything you did your best under the circumstances by trying to move out of the way
Old 11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Team Anthracite Member

That really sucks, but on the upside, you'll get the Ron Jon kit for probably less than half price. It's beautiful, you'll love it.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

as a standard, insurance will say it's your fault because you hit someone in front of you. Law states that you should maintain a safe distance from the car in front of you. so when you talk to insurance, make sure you describe the scene so that the car in front of you was kinda far.... and there was no way to avoid (although you tried).

sucks, but like sangwl says, i know a couple of places that are hella good at fixing cars.

Check this place out, you won't believe the cars they are fixing when you go inside (ferraris, corvettes, bmw, audi, all the top end cars) the inside of the office is really elaborate too. gives you the feeling you are in L.A.

It's called,
European Collision Works
787 North Shore Road
Revere, Ma. 02151

you'll thank me. ; )
Old 11-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Aww man, sorry to see your TL like that. Comm Ave SUCKS. I was over there on Saturday night and nearly got in 3 accidents. Good Luck with the insurance and repairs to follow.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Intermediate

Not to go off topic, but were you at Cambridge Galleria fri or sat? I saw a black TL pulling into the parking lot with a really messed up bumper and my heart stopped for like a second or 2. Glad your OK though
Old 11-21-2005, 12:23 PM
The Sinister

yes that was me...I went to the galleria with my lady...it was embarrasing...but i hate public transportation. I think I saw your TL as well...Black? We should meet up...start an acura gathering or something...maybe once I have something to show
Old 11-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Racer

That sucks dude but at least you're okay. Comm. Ave. sucks especially on Friday/Saturday nights...

-LOD
Old 11-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE

It's called,
European Collision Works
787 North Shore Road
Revere, Ma. 02151

you'll thank me. ; )[/QUOTE]

i know that place too..............

great place, did some work on my 350z

sang
Old 11-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It shouldn't be your fault at all. Just tell the insurance guy that it's all the fault of the guy behind you and you should be good.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Pro

From the looks of the damage both front and rear, the crumple zones probably took much of the hit, so it probably more than just a matter of replacing the bumpers. But i dont think there is any engine damage because of this. good luck
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Thorin78
It shouldn't be your fault at all. Just tell the insurance guy that it's all the fault of the guy behind you and you should be good.
Exactly. The police report should list all three cars and should indicate that the guy who rear-ended the original poster was at fault. It's that guy's insurance that should wind up on the hook; the only reason for either of the other drivers' insurance to come into play would be for UIM coverage if the guy who caused it is uninsured or underinsured.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:37 PM
The Sinister

Yeah I spoke to the guy who rear ended me. He will be accounted for all the damage. I am getting the full RonJon Kit. In the process, I am getting the front headlights amber markers removed, and also smoking the front headlights, side markers, and rear taillights with the rockblocker. As far as the wheels go, I'm gonna stick with stock because of the upcoming winter season. Whatwasthat and Sangwl, I just got back from European Collision Works and Mark showed me some of his work. Its nice to know theres a shop out there that reaches the aftermarket world. I will be getting my work dont with them as they have showed me a pretty extensive list and pictures of cars they have worked with and I was very impressed. They are doing two project porsches !!

Anyways, there is definitely something wrong with the engine or tranny. My car does not accelerate like before. The gears get stuck and they dont shift in a timely manner. I have an automatic if you are wondering. The drivers side exhaust system was pushed forward. What do you think this may be? The car feels like its loosing power. Anything possibilities? Mark said he would not be able to take it in until the insurance company has looked at it. He was nice enough to order the RonJon kit for me. Defintely a plus for first impression
Old 11-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Intermediate

yes that was me...I went to the galleria with my lady...it was embarrasing...but i hate public transportation. I think I saw your TL as well...Black? We should meet up...start an acura gathering or something...maybe once I have something to show

Yup that was me. Hey I was wondering where your getting your front headlights cleared? I've been dying to do it, but don't have the heart to do it myself.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Instructor

Yeah I spoke to the guy who rear ended me. He will be accounted for all the damage. I am getting the full RonJon Kit. In the process, I am getting the front headlights amber markers removed, and also smoking the front headlights, side markers, and rear taillights with the rockblocker. As far as the wheels go, I'm gonna stick with stock because of the upcoming winter season. Whatwasthat and Sangwl, I just got back from European Collision Works and Mark showed me some of his work. Its nice to know theres a shop out there that reaches the aftermarket world. I will be getting my work dont with them as they have showed me a pretty extensive list and pictures of cars they have worked with and I was very impressed. They are doing two project porsches !!

Anyways, there is definitely something wrong with the engine or tranny. My car does not accelerate like before. The gears get stuck and they dont shift in a timely manner. I have an automatic if you are wondering. The drivers side exhaust system was pushed forward. What do you think this may be? The car feels like its loosing power. Anything possibilities? Mark said he would not be able to take it in until the insurance company has looked at it. He was nice enough to order the RonJon kit for me. Defintely a plus for first impression

I was gonna say, I'm not really knowledgeable with cars but it seems to me that when a car is involved in a wreck as bad as yours was, there is likely going to be some internal damage to the engine that wouldn't be immediately apparent, I guess because your car is so new there's no chance the insurance co. will declare it totalled, that really sucks what happened to your new TL
Old 11-21-2005, 07:08 PM
The Sinister

Originally Posted by ImaGRaNTes
Yup that was me. Hey I was wondering where your getting your front headlights cleared? I've been dying to do it, but don't have the heart to do it myself.

Im having European Collision Works do the work on my headlights. They have done an Audi A4 before and their work seems very attentitive to detail.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:19 AM
The Sinister

I showed the RonJon Bodykit to the guys at European Collision Works. They said that it will probably involve extra labor to make it fit proper. Now I would like to ask other people who have this kit. How was the fitting. I know many cheap bodykits involve extra fitting, but I dont think the RonJon Kit is cheap at all. Also, RonDog what is the body kit made of? Fiberglass? The guys at the body shop said that it must be fiberglass because its only $1400. I mean, i'm not gonna spend $3000 on a kit, but then again I also dont think $1400 is cheap for a kit. Can I please get some fitting info from people who have this kit? Thanks
Old 11-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Team Anthracite Member

I have the kit, it fits perfectly and is a JOKE to install for any shop. There's less work putting this body kit than the OEM from the front and rear bumpers. The side skirts require some polyurethane glue, but that's standard body shop equipment.

The kit is made of high quality polyurethane and is VERY flexible and easy to work with. They really shouldn't charge you extra to work with this body kit versus the OEM pieces.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by whatwasthat
as a standard, insurance will say it's your fault because you hit someone in front of you. Law states that you should maintain a safe distance from the car in front of you. so when you talk to insurance, make sure you describe the scene so that the car in front of you was kinda far.... and there was no way to avoid (although you tried).

sucks, but like sangwl says, i know a couple of places that are hella good at fixing cars.

Check this place out, you won't believe the cars they are fixing when you go inside (ferraris, corvettes, bmw, audi, all the top end cars) the inside of the office is really elaborate too. gives you the feeling you are in L.A.

It's called,
European Collision Works
787 North Shore Road
Revere, Ma. 02151

you'll thank me. ; )
Actually, he hit the car on his right as a result of being "ploughed" from behind. It should be pretty obvious that he should not be at fault.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I showed the RonJon Bodykit to the guys at European Collision Works. They said that it will probably involve extra labor to make it fit proper. Now I would like to ask other people who have this kit. How was the fitting. I know many cheap bodykits involve extra fitting, but I dont think the RonJon Kit is cheap at all. Also, RonDog what is the body kit made of? Fiberglass? The guys at the body shop said that it must be fiberglass because its only $1400. I mean, i'm not gonna spend $3000 on a kit, but then again I also dont think $1400 is cheap for a kit. Can I please get some fitting info from people who have this kit? Thanks

I agree with Zax123, from what I've heard, it fits like a charm. However since you've been hit, could there be frame damage such that they have to readjust the frame and it "MAY" not fit quite right? But I would stick to them to the fact that it should fit perfectly and if they cannot do the job, you'd be willing to take it to a better shop. And from other people's recommendations, this ECW place, heh ECW, you thought they were good.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Thorin78
I agree with Zax123, from what I've heard, it fits like a charm. However since you've been hit, could there be frame damage such that they have to readjust the frame and it "MAY" not fit quite right? But I would stick to them to the fact that it should fit perfectly and if they cannot do the job, you'd be willing to take it to a better shop. And from other people's recommendations, this ECW place, heh ECW, you thought they were good.
Yeah, I think he is aware of that situation, but to correct him on the issue of quality and materials, our kit is made from high quality polyurethane, all the info you need is here, just print and show it to the shop:
http://www.ronjonwheels.com/aero_kits.html

it says polyurethane, and it also has the basic info. you can also print this Honda Tuning Article and show them, its a tech article on how to install and side notes of why this kit is very install friendly. we diod most of the work in getting it a step above even other urethane companies products let alone Fiberglass, which isn't even comnparable.
http://www.ronjonwheels.com/press.html
Old 11-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Instructor

damn hope your ok
Old 11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Instructor

oh snap, that's mission main....
Old 11-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by s0ph3aktra

huh?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Im having European Collision Works do the work on my headlights. They have done an Audi A4 before and their work seems very attentitive to detail.

are you paying anything extra for the "extra labor"?

Mark has his ways of making you pay $0.

right? ; )
Old 11-28-2005, 02:30 PM
The Sinister

Originally Posted by s0ph3aktra

Yeah it is, thats where im living. You know this area? You from around here?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
The Sinister

Originally Posted by whatwasthat
are you paying anything extra for the "extra labor"?

Mark has his ways of making you pay $0.

right? ; )
Yeah mark has been pretty chill about this whole project. But its Mike who handles all the aftermarket work as far as buying the bodykit and clearing the headlights and putting on the rockblocker. Mikes been pretty chill about the whole process.

RonDog, I told Mike about the bodykit and he said thats good. He doesnt like working with fiberglass and that polyurethane is good. I sent him the information on the bodykit. As far as extra labor, I told him that there shouldnt be any extra labor involved so he's taking my word. But once he gets the appraisal from the insurance company, he will be able to tell me how much more I'm gonna have to pay on top of the factory kit.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:40 PM
The Sinister

Okay, the insurance company estimated the damage at $3191.71. I think it's going to be a lot more than that once they get inside. Anyways, im enjoying the 2006 black Hummer H3 as my loaner from Enterprise. The insurance company of the guy who rear ended me is paying for 100%. Works for me! I'll post pictures of the progress.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:10 PM
The Sinister

I had my bodyshop order the RonJon body kit for my 2005 TL and I guess Ron told them they wont be able to ship it for another two weeks. We had called Ron in advance to make sure they had it in stock. And once that was verified, we sent them the payment. Now Ron is telling us it will be 2 more weeks? My car has been in the shop for 6 weeks now. What is going on? Does it really take this long to receive the kit for those who already have it? The payment was made about 2 weeks ago. The name of the shop that ordered the kit is European Collision Works in Revere, MA. Let me know whats up Ron. Thanks guys!
Old 12-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah it is, thats where im living. You know this area? You from around here?
Are those the houses off St. Alphonus?

Quick Reply: Crashed my TL in a 3 car accident