XLR8 Performance Engine Mounts - Acura TL '04-'08 ALL

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
^^

They're $300 plus shipping. Pricing is on their website, along with the shipping quote once you enter your zip code. Just make sure you tell him to add the shorter bolts, because they aren't shipping with them.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Here is the link to the mounts.

http://hoa.excelerateperformance.com...i-1804871.aspx
Old 11-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still having problems lining up my rear xlr8 mounts.
I spent an hour removing the old mount, but for some reason, I can't line up all of the holes. Any advice on this?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by noob23genTL
I spent an hour removing the old mount, but for some reason, I can't line up all of the holes. Any advice on this?
When installing the mounts you should install one mount at a time. Hand thread all the bolts and leave them somewhat loose until all 3 mounts have been installed. Also it's important you support the motor with a jack.
The following users liked this post:
noob23genTL (11-14-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,160 Likes on 909 Posts
can someone post pictures of the mounts that they bought recently (last year or so)? just bought some used ones and the welded tabs on the side and rear mount look different from xlr8's website...there are no raised bosses and i'm curious to see how recently bought xlr8 motor mounts look. thanks

used ones i bought:
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  62.6 KB

xlr8's website:
Old 11-11-2013, 02:10 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Did you install the upper floating part of the mount, right?
I installed it wrong the first time around, and no matter what I did, the engine never lined up to the mount. it was off by MILLIMETERS! I just couldnt push the engine enough to get it to line up.

uninstalled the mount from the engine, and flipped the upper floating part of the mount and installed it into the car.
Voila! perfect fit!

Originally Posted by sockr1
can someone post pictures of the mounts that they bought recently (last year or so)? just bought some used ones and the welded tabs on the side and rear mount look different from xlr8's website...there are no raised bosses and i'm curious to see how recently bought xlr8 motor mounts look. thanks

used ones i bought:

xlr8's website:
how are they different?
they look the same to me.

from my thread on 10/1/13
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/justnjacks-vs-xlr8-75a-motor-mounts-897205/
Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Safety Car

thanks justin, they looked very similar except for the bosses that the tabs are on. but your pics cleared it all up, yours look similar to mine. good to go, thanks man
Old 11-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Safety Car

what's the center bolt torque value for the mounts? i've seen some say 30 ft lbs and others say 50 ft lbs?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:12 PM

^the center one that goes through the poly?
i tightened it as much as i could...because it wouldnt tighten any more.

the way its designed, its designed to pivot.
again, no instructions were provided with my new mounts...so i had to figure out the "floating top" and how much to torque the bolts.

i had a buddy hold a vice grip on one end and i had a ratchet on the other.
we tightened as much as possible, it wouldnt go any further

so, ive driven a months worth so far.
ive checked the mounts periodically, and they look as good as the day I installed them. no movement.

Last edited by justnspace; 11-13-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:17 PM
JJH
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 254 Posts
Make sure you tighten the mounts down good. I had one bolt vibrate out completely and another bolt vibrate out about 1".

And FYI, Excelerate is not shipping out the shorter bolts regardless of what he says in this thread or anywhere else. I and countless other members didn't receive the shorter bolts, even after being told we would. I left a note in the comments when I placed my order.

Pisses me off when someone doesn't keep their word. Especially when you're just making up lies to protect your public face. Great product and all but I'm not very pleased with the blatant lies. I know it's something small, but if you're not going to do what you say to the public, don't say it at all.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Former Sponsor

what's the center bolt torque value for the mounts? i've seen some say 30 ft lbs and others say 50 ft lbs?
35-40 ft lbs of torque.

Originally Posted by JJH
Make sure you tighten the mounts down good. I had one bolt vibrate out completely and another bolt vibrate out about 1".

And FYI, Excelerate is not shipping out the shorter bolts regardless of what he says in this thread or anywhere else. I and countless other members didn't receive the shorter bolts, even after being told we would. I left a note in the comments when I placed my order.

Pisses me off when someone doesn't keep their word. Especially when you're just making up lies to protect your public face. Great product and all but I'm not very pleased with the blatant lies. I know it's something small, but if you're not going to do what you say to the public, don't say it at all.
Actually we are. Perhaps my shipping guy forgot it in your package. If you want the shorter bolts just email me with your info and we'll get it out in the mail.

Especially when you're just making up lies to protect your public face. Great product and all but I'm not very pleased with the blatant lies.
That's a little dramatic and honestly a lie itself. We've been shipping the bolts in the past few weeks and my shipping guy was advised to send them. Perhaps he forgot in your case but that doesn't constitute a lie; it constitutes a mistake.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Safety Car

I didn't say that above, that was JJH. please correct the quote I never said anything like that (misquoted)

but thank you for the torque values.

i bought a used set, the bolts needed are qty 2 of 10x1.25, length?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by Excelerate
35-40 ft lbs of torque.

Actually we are. Perhaps my shipping guy forgot it in your package. If you want the shorter bolts just email me with your info and we'll get it out in the mail.

That's a little dramatic and honestly a lie itself. We've been shipping the bolts in the past few weeks and my shipping guy was advised to send them. Perhaps he forgot in your case but that doesn't constitute a lie; it constitutes a mistake.
I'm not going to waste my time looking for the various posts of members reporting they didn't receive the shorter bolts post you saying that they were going to. We'll just leave it at that.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:02 PM
JJH
Drifting

Forget it, I'm not putting my reputation on the line.

Note the date, 8/8/2013

Justin didn't receive the shorter bolts either:

Originally Posted by justnspace

the rear mount wasnt lining up correctly.
and
the xlr8 side mount is a lot shorter than the OEM mount, thus the bolts are too long for the XLR8 mount.

there are two solutions to the side mount.
A) washers
B) buy the correct length bolt.

I couldnt find the correct length bolt and went to the washer idea.
I must admit, it does look ghetto as FAWK!
Taken from here (10/1/2013): https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897205

Then I come to find out that anx100c didn't receive his shorter bolts either:

So before ordering and knowing about this issue, I make sure that I tell you to ship the shorter bolts:

You ignored the issue at hand that multiple customers had mentioned in that thread.

I would write this off as just a "mistake" had you done it to just me, but myself and others have shared similar experiences. Perhaps I would have kept quiet if you had addressed my question in that thread, but you ignored it. You have your own agenda of jumping into every possible thread and pushing your products, but when someone asks you a question regarding specifics to your product - you ignore it. I don't care how little of an issue you may think this is, it's a big deal to me.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you install the upper floating part of the mount, right?
I installed it wrong the first time around, and no matter what I did, the engine never lined up to the mount. it was off by MILLIMETERS! I just couldnt push the engine enough to get it to line up.

uninstalled the mount from the engine, and flipped the upper floating part of the mount and installed it into the car.
Voila! perfect fit!
Thanks. I did install the floating part of the mount correctly and still couldn't line it up ..i spent most of yesterday in the cold trying to get that last screw in and still couldn't.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:52 AM

Thanks. I did install the floating part of the mount correctly and still couldn't line it up ..i spent most of yesterday in the cold trying to get that last screw in and still couldn't.
are you sure?
is it off by Millimeters? lol
because mine was, and no matter what i did(jack up the engine, move the engine) it would NEVER line up...until i removed the mount from the engine and flipped the floating upper. I think you should try it.

I still have yet to receive my shorter bolts, even after a PM with XLR8 confirming my address.
I gave up on the shorter bolts from him
JJH (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
o man that 2. Who else will come forth and Testify

Old 11-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Former Sponsor

I didn't say that above, that was JJH. please correct the quote I never said anything like that (misquoted)

but thank you for the torque values.

i bought a used set, the bolts needed are qty 2 of 10x1.25, length?
Sorry that was copied and pasted wrong. I sent you the specs on the side mount bolts.

Originally Posted by JJH
Forget it, I'm not putting my reputation on the line.

I would write this off as just a "mistake" had you done it to just me, but myself and others have shared similar experiences. Perhaps I would have kept quiet if you had addressed my question in that thread, but you ignored it. You have your own agenda of jumping into every possible thread and pushing your products, but when someone asks you a question regarding specifics to your product - you ignore it. I don't care how little of an issue you may think this is, it's a big deal to me.
All the shipments in the past few weeks have gotten the bolts. I've specifically instructed my shipping guy to do it and he has confirmed he has done so. If you didn't get them simply send an email to sales@excelerateperformance.com and we will get them out. It's as simple as that. And I think the drama level in regards to this is a little high considering we're talking about two bolts, which aren't technically needed but make for an easier install. And we are sending these as a courtesy now just to help out; it was never something that was part of the purchase price.

We don't ignore questions. And if you have a specific question you would like me to answer send it to my email. Don't wait for a forum post from us as sometimes we can't even go through the threads for a few days depending no how busy we are.

I still have yet to receive my shorter bolts, even after a PM with XLR8 confirming my address.
I gave up on the shorter bolts from him
We sent these out. Email me at sales@excelerateperformance.com again and I'll make sure it was sent. If not I'll send it out via USPS again.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:46 PM
JJH
Drifting

It's as simple as that. And I think the drama level in regards to this is a little high considering we're talking about two bolts, which aren't technically needed but make for an easier install. And we are sending these as a courtesy now just to help out; it was never something that was part of the purchase price.
You see, that's where you and I differ. You're right, they are just bolts. But all else aside, they are required for the install unless you go the washers route. They should have been included in the first place with a small markup in price OR you should not have said that they were being included. My point is that you provided assurance that the shorter bolts were being shipped out countless times over the course of the last few months, had countless members report not receiving them, and continue to say that you were sending them out - which is a complete rebuttal on your word.

Don't wait for a forum post from us as sometimes we can't even go through the threads for a few days depending no how busy we are.
Well that's interesting. In that same thread you came back in and said...

...without addressing the countless members posts above regarding not receiving the bolts.

Additionally, I can point out at least 15 instances in the past month of you popping in threads where someone was asking for general product related advice with a one-liner and dropping a link to your site about a product that fits their needs. You have time for your own agenda of making sales, but you don't have time to address an issue at hand and just ignore posts of member's problems in a thread? (thank someone for feedback, ignore other members in the same thread and disregard any issues they were having as if they don't exist).

Your products are great and all from what I can tell, but the customer service could use some improvement.
thisaznboi88 (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JJH
You see, that's where you and I differ. You're right, they are just bolts. But all else aside, they are required for the install unless you go the washers route. They should have been included in the first place with a small markup in price OR you should not have said that they were being included. My point is that you provided assurance that the shorter bolts were being shipped out countless times over the course of the last few months, had countless members report not receiving them, and continue to say that you were sending them out - which is a complete rebuttal on your word.

Additionally, I can point out at least 15 instances in the past month of you popping in threads where someone was asking for general product related advice with a one-liner and dropping a link to your site about a product that fits their needs. You have time for your own agenda of making sales, but you don't have time to address an issue at hand and just ignore posts of member's problems in a thread? (thank someone for feedback, ignore other members in the same thread and disregard any issues they were having as if they don't exist).

Your products are great and all from what I can tell, but the customer service could use some improvement.
I think you're having a difficult time understanding what we're saying. This wasn't an intentional misleading. We didn't lie. We have been sending bolts with all the packages in the last few weeks. There were a few weeks before that where some packages were sent without the bolts because the shipping guy thought they were the bolts already in the package. That was fixed weeks ago. And I can confirm at least a dozen orders that did get the bolts.

So if you're missing the bolts take the 20 seconds to send an email, which incidentally we have no emails from anyone asking for bolts, and we will send them to you. It's pretty simple and much less time-consuming than the extensive posts in this thread, which are counter-productive and somewhat hostile.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
I have had brand new mounts sitting in a box going on 2 years because I wasn't sure what bolts to buy and quite frankly didn't feel like spending half a morning to drive 20 miles to a bolt store and wait 30 minutes for them to find me the bolts I need.

So yea, I would gladly pay shipping to have the correct bolts sent to me for these mounts.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sauceja
I have had brand new mounts sitting in a box going on 2 years because I wasn't sure what bolts to buy and quite frankly didn't feel like spending half a morning to drive 20 miles to a bolt store and wait 30 minutes for them to find me the bolts I need.

So yea, I would gladly pay shipping to have the correct bolts sent to me for these mounts.
Send me an email to sales@excelerateperformance.com with your name and when you purchased them. We will still send them to you as a courtesy. If you have anything else you need let me know and we can throw them in a box. Otherwise we'll put them in the mail.

For reference the bolts for the side mount are:

Side Mount – 2x M10X1.25 (25mm threads) with washers
Old 11-14-2013, 08:01 PM
j_u
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I purchased my mounts from excelerate close to the end of october and i received the shorter bolts.
justnspace (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 08:30 PM

sounds like a talk to the shipping guy is in order.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
shit I just ordered mine wednesday, I hope I don't run into this same problem
Old 11-23-2013, 03:57 AM
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Im leaning towards ordering these, any updates on the guys with the 62a inserts? Im very picky with vibrations but then again i know its give and take with mounts. The OEM will private very little to no vibration but they won't last nearly as long or take any kind of beating like these xlr8 mounts will so I'm sold on these. Look forward to changing my mounts one time and one time only for the rest of the time i own the car.

Last edited by Gil'sUA5; 11-23-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Safety Car

last weekend i installed a set of used xlr8 mounts (62 inserts). the vibrations aren't that bad at all even though i haven't installed the rear one yet but i have a feeling that one will provide the most vibrations. some vibrations during idle but the benefit is definitely noticeable. the car feels more planted and my shift engagements are even better, all around good feel even though my OEM mounts were perfectly fine.

i installed the front one without disconnecting anything, i just flipped the coolant reservoir over the front grill and pulled the motor mount out from the driver side wheel well. for me front was easier than the side (considering i had to go find fine pitch M8 bolts with the right length).

any tips for the rear other than removing the strut bar? it will prob be similar to when i installed the rear HFPC so i expect to be kneeling on the engine again with a sore back haha.

there was no difference between the front and rear xlr8 motor mounts i got, i hope they both fit in either spot since i already installed one in the front
Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Black Friday sale anytime soon?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

last weekend i installed a set of used xlr8 mounts (62 inserts). the vibrations aren't that bad at all even though i haven't installed the rear one yet but i have a feeling that one will provide the most vibrations. some vibrations during idle but the benefit is definitely noticeable. the car feels more planted and my shift engagements are even better, all around good feel even though my OEM mounts were perfectly fine.

i installed the front one without disconnecting anything, i just flipped the coolant reservoir over the front grill and pulled the motor mount out from the driver side wheel well. for me front was easier than the side (considering i had to go find fine pitch M8 bolts with the right length).

any tips for the rear other than removing the strut bar? it will prob be similar to when i installed the rear HFPC so i expect to be kneeling on the engine again with a sore back haha.

there was no difference between the front and rear xlr8 motor mounts i got, i hope they both fit in either spot since i already installed one in the front
Thank you for the feedback. There are some DIY's on the install process here on the forums that may help you.

Front and rear mounts are the same.

Originally Posted by Bruce Banner
Black Friday sale anytime soon?
We will be launching a sale tomorrow some time; it will probably be free shipping.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I just received my mounts today .
I started with the front mount and I noticed that I had to lift the engine to line up the holes.
Then I moved to the side mount and looked like I would have to lift it up even more.
I didn't have to do this with my innovative mounts I had on my 05 TL.
I mounted them how they came out of the box.
Josh stated the front and rear are the same.
What do think?
Old 03-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pinina
I just received my mounts today .
I started with the front mount and I noticed that I had to lift the engine to line up the holes.
Then I moved to the side mount and looked like I would have to lift it up even more.
I didn't have to do this with my innovative mounts I had on my 05 TL.
I mounted them how they came out of the box.
Josh stated the front and rear are the same.
What do think?
you probably should have tried to do all three mounts at once. i did the side and front one day and when i went to the the rear there was NOchance of getting all bolts (horizontal and vertical) to line up until i loosened the side and front all the way and lifted the engine with a jack.

then i was just barely able to get the rear all lined up and finally i tightened up all the mounts.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:16 AM
Racer

Ok, I'll try that.
I just read earlier that they should all line up or there will be issues.
The ones I had from Innovative mount up perfectly.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Former Sponsor

INSTALLATION TIPS FOR XLR8 MOTOR MOUNTS

• All XLR8 mounts are direct replacement but keep in mind your original mounts are probably sagging, defective or leaking so as you install each mount you may have to make adjustments in order to accommodate for a newer mount.
• When installing the motor mounts install ONE mount at a time.
• Make sure to support the motor when removing the original mount so that it will be easier to align the holes properly when installing the XLR8 mount.
• Once the mount is installed do not tighten any hardware done until all the motor mounts have been replaced. Basically, do your final few turns of all bolts once all three mounts are in place.
• Tighten the bolts that hold the mount in place to factory spec. Tighten the center bolt that goes through the mount to 35-40 ft lbs of tq.
• Re-locate any grounds removed to an alternate location.
• Plug any vacuum lines by following the line back to the source and installing a vacuum cap or by plugging the end of the vacuum line.
• The bushing inside the mount is made out of polyurethane so it is firmer and more durable than the original rubber mount. There may be some minor vibrations in the cabin at first but the bushing will soften up a bit as they break in over a few hundred miles.
pinina (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 06:07 AM
Racer

INSTALLATION TIPS FOR XLR8 MOTOR MOUNTS

• All XLR8 mounts are direct replacement but keep in mind your original mounts are probably sagging, defective or leaking so as you install each mount you may have to make adjustments in order to accommodate for a newer mount.
• When installing the motor mounts install ONE mount at a time.
• Make sure to support the motor when removing the original mount so that it will be easier to align the holes properly when installing the XLR8 mount.
• Once the mount is installed do not tighten any hardware done until all the motor mounts have been replaced. Basically, do your final few turns of all bolts once all three mounts are in place.
• Tighten the bolts that hold the mount in place to factory spec. Tighten the center bolt that goes through the mount to 35-40 ft lbs of tq.
• Re-locate any grounds removed to an alternate location.
• Plug any vacuum lines by following the line back to the source and installing a vacuum cap or by plugging the end of the vacuum line.
• The bushing inside the mount is made out of polyurethane so it is firmer and more durable than the original rubber mount. There may be some minor vibrations in the cabin at first but the bushing will soften up a bit as they break in over a few hundred miles.
Thanks!
They are installed!
He did include the shorter bolts!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Racer

So these are going to get softer?
I hope so like the old Innovative ones did.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pinina
So these are going to get softer?
I hope so like the old Innovative ones did.
Yes they break in over time.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Safety Car

I get ridiculous vibrations when the AC cycles, anyone else get this? So bad I'm considering going back to a stock rear mount instead if the xlr8 and I have the 62 durometer. I can handle extra vibrations and they are fine when driving or just with the fan on, but when I turn the AC on it's out of control. My keys shake bad and I can literally see the dash bouncing. Passengers said they were getting sick do now I turn off the AC every time I have to idle

Anyone else have this and somehow fixed it? I've already jammed a lot of foam between the window and dash
Old 05-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
I've had my XLR8 mounts for 2 1/2 years now and they are rock solid. Yes, I get vibrations, especially when the ac is on and I'm idling, but I knew that going in. We all if we did our research! Sometimes when at a stop light I just hold my keys... Not a big deal at all for rock solid mounts.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Are these mounts sold individually and do they line up mixed with OEM mounts? I read in some threads, that these mounts actually mounted the motor to a different height than stock.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner
Are these mounts sold individually and do they line up mixed with OEM mounts? I read in some threads, that these mounts actually mounted the motor to a different height than stock.
You can purchase our XLR8 mounts individually by following this link:
XLR8 Engine Mounts - Excelerate Performance - Japanese and European Performance Specialists!!

They line up with the OEM mounts and are a direct replacement. They will not change the height of the engine from stock as long as they are installed correctly.

Quick Reply: XLR8 Performance Engine Mounts - Acura TL '04-'08 ALL