Tsudo Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Tsudo Exhaust

I am wondering if anyone on here has a Tsudo cat-back and what they think about it. Sounds, fitment, and what not. I found one for a good price and before i buy it i wanted to know how it sounds...
Please no "why dont you buy ATLP.... bla bla bla" not all of us are ballers that can afford a 1k exhaust ... or just choose not to throw all of our money away on our cars!
Thanks!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Tsudo exhaust is not bad, its decent, but don't expect it too have the same quality as a ATLP, Comptech, XLR8, etc... It is a good and cheap alternative for a aftermarket cat-back, but not many people on these boards have had experience with it. Also, the reason why we say get a better brand exhaust is because what if you spent $400-600 for this exhaust and in one year it breaks when you can spend $800-1200 on a exhaust and will last forever.

I'd advise to check the Black Market for a used exhaust. I just saw a Comptech Exhaust for $600.

If you're going to do something, do it right, or don't do it at all is my opinion on "I want to save money, but I want the best thing".
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I he the tsudo on my car now and it doesn't sound to bad to me it's been on for almost a year and so far no problems with it I did the same thing you did I didn't have the grand to spend on the exhaust and I seen the tsudo heard some sound clips and decided to buy it
Old 09-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Comptechtl2367
I am wondering if anyone on here has a Tsudo cat-back and what they think about it. Sounds, fitment, and what not. I found one for a good price and before i buy it i wanted to know how it sounds...
Please no "why dont you buy ATLP.... bla bla bla" not all of us are ballers that can afford a 1k exhaust ... or just choose not to throw all of our money away on our cars!
Thanks!
I agree with you. I can afford to spend 1+K on and exhaust but can't justifiy that large of a purchase. I looked at the Tsudo also and if it came with quad tips for the Type-S bumper I'd get it.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

I understand the quality issue but I had Tsudo exhaust on my civic in highschool through college and never had a single issue with it and i even drove it through the winter unlike the TL. I just wanted to make sure it does not sound like a civic haha, I want something deep with no rice. If this was my R33 i would spring for the 1k exhaust but its a TL where gains really does not matter as its for sound. Thanks for the input, anyone else with one feel free to put some comments!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

I did also see that 600 Comptech... guy wont ship and wants a factory exhaust to replace it with. Not willing to give my oem one up so i am not stuck in the same boat when i sell my TL
Old 09-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
OP, search next time, this topic has been discussed extensively.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740509

/thread
Old 09-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

I searched and didnt see that one. thanks
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Advanced

I have the tsudo exhaust and I have a horrible drone,doesn't sound like rice. There is some mild fitting issues but no big deal. Personally I want to sell it and go custom.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Damn... well drone is not much of an issue for me I put maybe 400 miles a month on my TL and its not a whole lot of highway miles. I ordered it two days ago so i guess i will see how i like it. worse comes to worse i sell it and get another exhaust and try that!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Advanced

It's worth keeping and just adding a quality resonator to it. That's what i did with PCD's and couldn't be happier.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:26 PM

Your username is Comptech and you're going to buy a Tsudo
Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Comptech is what I had on my NSX... Its a username.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
forgot the red text there champ531 haha

I agree it might be a cheaper alternative, but again there might be smaller details that are far inferior to the higher-cost systems such as thinner/weaker flanges, crimped muffler ends versus welded ends, etc. over time perhaps the quality of the mufflers might degrade, etc. ... I don't think anyone can really say. However, one thing for sure will be that the other exhaust systems will probably have a much higher resale value in the future ... just my
Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

I agree that the Tsudo will not be worth a whole lot used but the way i look at it a TL is not made to be a performance car, i dont really care if the more expensive exhaust gets you 5 more hp, its a TL all said and done with. I was just looking to hear if it sounded nice and not like rice. I ordered one to find out, if it sounds like crap oh well ill just put it back to stock with my stage 3 exhaust mod and call it a day. I have better places to spend my money then on a 1k exhaust for a TL.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Okay I installed my Tsudo exhaust on my TL this weekend and it sounds AWESOME! The videos on You Tube suck! This exhaust sounds great, its nice and deep and there is very minimal drone on the highway and i have the ATLP J-Pipe and third cat delete.
Comments about thin flanges are wrong, if anything I found them to be to thick! I had the get longer bolts for it to bolt to the cat delete due the the thick flanges! The welds look great, just like the ones on the Comptech on my NSX. The fiment was perfect.
Over all if you are on a budget or just dont feel like spending 1k on and exhaust the Tsudo is a great option, looks and sounds great.
NOTE: No fitment issues with the A-Spec kit! I am thinking about posting a vid but they just dont sound the same so it may be a waste of time!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Okay I installed my Tsudo exhaust on my TL this weekend and it sounds AWESOME! The videos on You Tube suck! This exhaust sounds great, its nice and deep and there is very minimal drone on the highway and i have the ATLP J-Pipe and third cat delete.
Comments about thin flanges are wrong, if anything I found them to be to thick! I had the get longer bolts for it to bolt to the cat delete due the the thick flanges! The welds look great, just like the ones on the Comptech on my NSX. The fiment was perfect.
Over all if you are on a budget or just dont feel like spending 1k on and exhaust the Tsudo is a great option, looks and sounds great.
NOTE: No fitment issues with the A-Spec kit! I am thinking about posting a vid but they just dont sound the same so it may be a waste of time!
I want this exhaust. Could you make some outside/inside recordings please since the youtube vids do it no justice? Thx...
Old 09-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol where can i find ATLP exhaust for under 1k
Old 09-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey man what kinda of bumper cut outs do you have for the exhaust? Doesn't the aspec kit have a wider exhaust cut out for quads? Can you take some pics to show us how it looks? I want this exhaust but don't want to give up my quad tips. I am thinking of getting the tsudo and adding custom tips.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

I posted that I would maybe put a vid but I think it will be a waste of time. I used my girlfriends brothers camera with an external mic and it still didnt sound as good as it does in person. I can take some pics but you might as well look on Youtube or Ebay and you can see how it looks...
I have the base with an A-Spec kit so dual tips would not fit but you could use the oem tips with the Tsudo cat back and I am guessing it would sound the same.
...Good luck on finding an ATLP for under 1k shipped. Used is your best bet but for some reason everyone on this forum is to scared to ship parts in the black market!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:03 AM

Didn't we have fitment issue with the Tsudo from it being too close to the drivers rear wheel?

Tsudo is like a Comptech rip-off, but the exhaust itself, is not bad, just not that great either. A good budget, beginners exhaust.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

I didnt have any fitment issues at all. Its perfect distance from both rear wheels and i have it lowered with 19x9.5 wheels and 155/35/19 tires... Not sure what the difference between a "beginners exhaust" and a not beginners... Maybe the stupid high price?
Old 10-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
155 on 9.5?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

... really? Its was a typo oops. 255.
Anyway this exhaust keeps getting better. I have about 1k on it now and the sound has gotten alot deeper and just smooth all around. There is little to no drone (if you want drone or complain about it you should check out the oem setup!). Point is you dont have to over pay for a quality exhaust system!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:52 PM

Define quality.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Why does everyone fight this?
Quality: Noun; character with respect to fineness, or grade of excellence, Adj; producing or providing products or services of high quality or merit.
Anyway,
The fitment, welds, bends, muffler packing, flanges, and sound are all compairable to the HKS exhaust on my 240sx and the Comptech on my NSX. I would consider them to be "quality" exhaust systems. This not meant to be a thread that everyone questioned, its meant to help people that are on the edge on if they should buy a Tsudo exhaust.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:14 PM

Why does everyone fight this?
Quality: Noun; character with respect to fineness, or grade of excellence, Adj; producing or providing products or services of high quality or merit.
Anyway,
The fitment, welds, bends, muffler packing, flanges, and sound are all compairable to the HKS exhaust on my 240sx and the Comptech on my NSX. I would consider them to be "quality" exhaust systems. This not meant to be a thread that everyone questioned, its meant to help people that are on the edge on if they should buy a Tsudo exhaust.
I'm not against it at all. I actually hope it will do good so I can buy one in the future (after I had the Comptech/Tanabe). If you really wanted a quality exhaust you would've made a exhaust shop make it to your liking at the same price and its custom

*mod edit*

Last edited by ggesq; 10-15-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Intermediate

I've been looking for a reasonably priced exhaust for my 05 A-spec 6MT, couldn't really justify 1K for an exhaust that doesn't need to be replaced- it's just that the stock exhaust is so quiet you can barely hear the engine under part throttle...guess I'm a little old school, I like to shift by the sound of the engine without having to look at the tach. At $400, the Tsudo definitely has my interest, I'm just a little hesitant about the drone effect with only one resonator. Is it just me or does it look like it hangs a little low from the rear view in the pics?Comptechtl2367 seems to give it 2 thumbs up. Anyone else have this exhaust?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:11 AM
6th Gear

i AGREE with champ...your driving an Acura TL 3rd Gen. for godsakes not a civic. Dont be a cheapskate and put in a crappy exhaust itll sound like crap and last half as long. with aftermarket parts especially on a sports luxury car you get what u pay for and the generic brands are worthless. We arent talkin can foods here we are talkin performance and efficiency spend at least 1k on the exhaust. I got an HKS on my 350z and it was 1900 and id pay 4k for it if i had to worth every penny...

good luck my dude
Old 10-17-2010, 11:13 AM
6th Gear

Best advice thoough would be to just by HKS tips and hae a good shop do all the piping theres a few good vids online of the HKS check it out
Old 10-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Intermediate

Actually, I was looking for a response from more people who have actually purchased and installed this exhaust on their vehicle...not from ones who haven't. There have been plenty of opinions already on this subject from people who think you have to spend 1K or its junk. I'm not a cheapskate, just trying to be an educated consumer. Not interested in impressing anyone on how much cash I dump into my ride.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jhenk hollywood
Best advice thoough would be to just by HKS tips and hae a good shop do all the piping theres a few good vids online of the HKS check it out
That's just pathetic...
It's like drawing "HRE" on my TSW's center caps.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What won't last as long? The welds? The mufflers? The welds would cost almost nothing to fix if 1 broke and couldn't you just weld in "your brand here" mufflers later on and have a 2.5" exhaust with "your brand" mufflers? I mean wouldn't that be allot cheaper than having someone make a 2.5 exhaust with "your brand" mufflers? I don't know that's why I'm asking. Btw is tsudo stainless?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Intermediate

Their ad says 100% T-304 stainless, TIG welds.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

The Tsudo is 100% stainless and I agree with corcraft, what is there to fail? I had a Tsudo on one of my Civics in highschool and i had it for 4 years and over 80k miles in winter and summer and it never burnt out, broke, or anything so if someone can prove that somehow Tsudo is lesser of a brand then ATLP then prove it.
Jhenk Hollywood, Why do you and half this forum seem to think that TL's are made of gold and you should treat them like they are a ferrari? You stand up for the expensive exhaust systems then right after it talk about how you should just hack the factory exhaust and weld mufflers on... "We arent talkin can foods here we are talkin performance and efficiency spend at least 1k on the exhaust." I am pretty sure shock exhaust with welded fart cans would not be performance or efficiency...
Old 10-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

I think i could link twice as many threads with complaints about XLR8 and ATLP then Tsudo. This thread was not meant to start forums arguement over whats better then what it was meant for people that were looking into the Tsudo exhaust to look at to weigh thier options. Everything on this system is just as good as the high dollar systems with half the price tag (and I owned HKS, CT, Greddy, and ATLP exhaust systems). The End. If you have never seen one in person or mounted one then why are you even posting anything?!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Intermediate

Touche Comptechtl2367...Why are people who don't have this exhaust so opinionated on the subject? Still happy with the Tsudo?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, haha. I thought about it and I was wondering how people that dont own the exhaust have any input!
I love it. When I first put it on it was louder then it is now which is to be expected with any exhaust. I have the 3rd cat delete and the ATLP J-Pipe and I LOVE how it sounds. I get some "drone" on the highway but that only when i speed up, with cruise there is almost none. I would buy this exhaust in a heart beat again!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
if your happy with it thats all that matters!....
Old 10-18-2010, 07:56 PM
4th Gear

go with it!

Quick Reply: Tsudo Exhaust