Tsudo 04-08TL SP Catback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tsudo 04-08TL SP Catback?

Hey. I am considering the Tsudo 04-08TL SP Catback system for my 06 TL. It sounds great, and a great price, but I am wondering if anyone else has this on they're car.

I am wondering if it will fit through the aspec lip?

What kind of horsepower it makes as it say nothing on there site.

What's the difference other than name, between magnaflow and other's?

Why is it so cheap, and if it is any good.

Let me know guy's, thanks!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Burning Brakes

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail
Old 03-13-2010, 09:16 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
It will probably fit

Probably not enough HP to notice

No idea what the difference is, I would have to see the mufflers in person - ideally the inside

Who knows why it is inexpensive. Doesn't necessarily make it a bad product
Old 03-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Well from what I hear, it's a good product, not ricey and stupid loud, sounds and look's like it built with the highest possible quality material's, but I like to roughly know HP number's and it seems they dont speak of the performance gains. I will see what I can do, but I really want to find other's who have this system.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:17 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Search my friend, search.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Burning Brakes

I have searched, and that is why I made this thread lol. I haven't found many ppl with the Tsudo exhaust!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:26 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by davewhodavedunn
I have searched, and that is why I made this thread lol. I haven't found many ppl with the Tsudo exhaust!
A free flowing exhaust with the stock cats will make 10-20 hp. I don't know much about the psudo cat back but it sounds like garbage. The tl is a high quality car and to put eBay parts on it is counter productive.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hi speed
A free flowing exhaust with the stock cats will make 10-20 hp. I don't know much about the psudo cat back but it sounds like garbage. The tl is a high quality car and to put eBay parts on it is counter productive.
free flowing exhaust does not make 10-20hp with cats, sorry
Old 03-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Tsudo is how you spell it, and it doesn't sound like garbage at all. Check the video I posted below. They aren't ebay parts either, just because they sell them on ebay. Come on dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epIQuXiDRNk
Old 03-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I agree.. its sounds nice I've been contemplating it as well. It has the same tone as the comptech exhaust. Dont listen to people here when they say comments based on no backing. Do your own research and decision. If you do get it, post some better sound clips for all of us. More importantly I'm interested in interior cabin drone.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second that, the op sounds like a moron to say anything on ebay is junk. It's just like I said before. If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg people will say it's junk. The fact is is that it's made with stainless and has 2.5 pipe split to 2.25 just like the rest that cost 1000. It sounds better than most of them, not to loud. If their is a hp diff it will not be much as it's the same dimensions as the rest of the cat backs.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Pro

Here is another vid. I'm pretty excited about this coming from a vehicle where the market was flooded with aftermarket parts. I will never spend a grand on exhaust parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCaxEY2FiQ
Old 03-14-2010, 12:58 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Bender
I second that, the op sounds like a moron to say anything on ebay is junk. It's just like I said before. If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg people will say it's junk. The fact is is that it's made with stainless and has 2.5 pipe split to 2.25 just like the rest that cost 1000. It sounds better than most of them, not to loud. If their is a hp diff it will not be much as it's the same dimensions as the rest of the cat backs.
Where did he state ebay parts are junk?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
using google, I put in Tsudo review and there are numerous non-TL reviews out there. I randomly looked at a couple and people who purchased seemed happy. One I saw did say that when they put a caliper on the piping, it wasn't exactly what was advertised.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by subinf
Where did he state ebay parts are junk?
Sorry , "garbage" "junk" whatever. Same difference. Ebay parts are "counter productive" lol.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:08 PM
One on the right for me

I get the impression the OP likes the exhaust and didn't say anything negative about ebay.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Pro

I don't think we are talking about the same comment.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
I get the impression the OP likes the exhaust and didn't say anything negative about ebay.

Yeah he's not talking about the OP (original poster) ... I'm going to think that was a typo on his part...he's talking about "hispeeds" comment a few posts down.

I would think a few people are interested in this exhaust... ask him for a group pricing and see if you can save even more money.. lol. I'd consider it.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I would too for a group buy
Old 03-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
please don't organize a group buy. you know why.....thanks.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:47 PM
One on the right for me

I don't think we are talking about the same comment.
I don't think so either.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Search my friend, search.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=tsudo

Search button.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Burning Brakes

I read 4 pages of that, and it was ppl bitching at each other, lol, typically acurazine. The system looks great, sounds great, so I still dont know. I have contacted them and i will see what I can do.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Very simply: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. It applies across the board.

This product is a copy of another brand, it will likely fit decently but with some issues, it will sound fine but will not sound as good as a better system, and it is made out of cheap stainless steel. T304 SS from China and T304 SS from the US is NOT the same quality. The Chinese steel has more nickel content and it is thinner.

Of course, every system has a buyer. I didn't think the 3rd gen TL platform was to this point yet but maybe I'm wrong. This system will work. How well it works is relative. For $450 it seems like a steal but I learned a long time ago that when you should always do things right the first time b/c the second time you end up paying twice.

Just a side rant, if everyone buys the imitation exhaust and the Chinese factories have nothing to copy, who will make new products? I get emails (at least 10-20 a day) from a Chinese factory asking me to sell their product or have them make a product for us. And we never reply. Why? Because in the end it isn't worth it. The quality is sub par, the fitment is sub par, the horsepower gains are sub par, the quality control is extremely lacking, the customer service is lacking, and innovation is severely stunted. The Chinese factories don't care about making new products; they only care about copying existing products at a cheap price.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Burning Brakes

well if your exhaust system's were cheaper excelerate more ppl would buy them. You have some many ppl in this thread alone who are looking for one but arent willing to pay $1000,why not do a group deal, and sell a ton?
The following users liked this post:
Ciroqboy (06-06-2013)
Old 03-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Burning Brakes

id gladly buy the excelerate cat back exhaust system, but what's the point when it's only a few dollars less than greddy and tanabe? like I said, if your's was $500 im sure you'd get a line up of customers..if not, ppl will goto the tsudo, it's a good price, good quality, maybe not up to your standard's but price sells!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Pro

The tsudo is not even close to the xlr8 cat back. The xlr8 is much higher quality hence the price. I doubt you will ever see one new with a 500$ price tag.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
well if your exhaust system's were cheaper excelerate more ppl would buy them. You have some many ppl in this thread alone who are looking for one but arent willing to pay $1000,why not do a group deal, and sell a ton?
Quality costs money. I didn't produce the XLR8 exhaust to be the cheapest on the market. That's now what we do. I want quality and performance.

Sure I could make an exhaust for $500 but why? It's not worth the headache nor the time. Anyone can have a Chinese-made exhaust; we don't want to be anybody. We want to offer AZ members quality and performance at a reasonable price. Quality and performance cost money. There's a saying:

Fast and cheap = not good
Good and cheap = not fast
Good and fast = not cheap

I did a GB on the XLR8 exhaust and I can do one again but the cost will never go down to the $500 range. You have to consider the costs in developing a real exhaust system that is T304 Stainless steel with proper technology:

Mufflers (2) - $400
2.5" straight pipe - $200
2.5" y-pipe - $100
Mandrel bent tubes - $100
Flanges - $75
Clamps - $25
Resonator - $50
Packaging - $20
Gaskets - $10

You get the idea. This also doesn't include the R&D costs, marketing costs, etc. We can't produce an exhaust that cheaply and we don't want to. As I said, the ebay system works for some. We didn't design our exhaust for that crowd. We believe that people will appreciate the quality and performance of a better exhaust system and therefore be willing to pay more for it (since it cost us more to manufacture).
Old 03-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
Very simply: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. It applies across the board.

This product is a copy of another brand, it will likely fit decently but with some issues, it will sound fine but will not sound as good as a better system, and it is made out of cheap stainless steel. T304 SS from China and T304 SS from the US is NOT the same quality. The Chinese steel has more nickel content and it is thinner.

Of course, every system has a buyer. I didn't think the 3rd gen TL platform was to this point yet but maybe I'm wrong. This system will work. How well it works is relative. For $450 it seems like a steal but I learned a long time ago that when you should always do things right the first time b/c the second time you end up paying twice.

Just a side rant, if everyone buys the imitation exhaust and the Chinese factories have nothing to copy, who will make new products? I get emails (at least 10-20 a day) from a Chinese factory asking me to sell their product or have them make a product for us. And we never reply. Why? Because in the end it isn't worth it. The quality is sub par, the fitment is sub par, the horsepower gains are sub par, the quality control is extremely lacking, the customer service is lacking, and innovation is severely stunted. The Chinese factories don't care about making new products; they only care about copying existing products at a cheap price.
I agree 1,000%. This is a real sore spot for me.

I did not know these were Chinese made, I was on my phone at the time of posting and did not follow the link.

I'm not going to get into whether I think prefabbed exhausts are too expensive or not.

But I would never buy this Chinese crap if it were $5. If people would stop supporting this stuff they would eventually go away.

I've seen this Chinese shit run many large name manufacturers out of business by stealing designs. Americans do the work and produce a quality product and the Chinese rip it off with a half assed version and take business away, actually, steal money from Americans that designed it.

I was talking to an awesome header builder for the GN and I bought a beautiful set of headers from him. Turbo stuff is not cheap and I paid nearly $1,200. But it was top notch thick walled stainless. Great welds, all inside edges cleaned up, just a work of art. You could tell this set of headers would be around on the car 10 years from now.

His comment to me was he doesn't know why he bothers because they would just be copied by the Chinese in a month and his sales would take a dip. Funny thing is, in less than a year I saw a set, Chinese, and nearly identical looking to his. These have a very special and unique crossover design, a one of a kind design. Looking at them, cheap thin walled mild steel. So much slag inside they were sure to kill a turbo the first time it chipped off. I've actually burned through the primaries on a set like this in my early years not knowing any better.Literally my exhaust exiting the heads burned a hole through the headers.

They had to be modified to fit right. The thin exhaust flange had to be cut in 3 places and the primaries heated up to bend them to fit. Then I found out the flanges weren't flat so I had to take them to have them milled. When all was said and done I had 3/4 of the money into them as the quality set I almost bought. Then they lasted a few months before the first crack and a year before I burned through the steel. Lesson learned and luckily at an early age.

I could go on for days about how much damage this Chinese rip off stuff has done to the racing world. I don't make a lot of money but I will never support this sort of stuff even if it means saving up for an extra month or two.

I saw a Chinese made Eagle forged crank(used to be a great American manufactured company) fall over and break in 2 pieces. This thing was supposed to handle 1,500hp and 8,500rpm!!! It broke from tipping over.

A very well respected cam company that started in the '50s went out of business after sending manufacturing over to China. The initial quality control was fine for the first few shipments but everything after that suffered and there were cam failures all over the place to the point they went under.

You guys want to see good vendors and manufacturers go out of business and be left with shit, keep buying this stuff.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:58 PM
9 mpg.

Received 306 Likes on 249 Posts
I'm also on the fence about this Tsudo system. But, what confuses me is the fact that the system still has 2.5in piping leading into 2.25in piping? Aren't those the same size as stock piping? I thought most of the gains from exhaust systems came from increasing the diameter of the piping to 2.5in all around..feel free to educate me guys, I'm still learning this stuff.

BTW; it looks/sounds just like the comptech exhaust haha.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:51 AM
One on the right for me

Exhaust isn't cheap
Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Pro

It's just not cheap for this car.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
It's just not cheap for this car.
I think it's the import world. My dual 2.5" stainless exhaust for the GN was $550. Made in the USA of course. Everything is more expensive for imports it seems.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
I think it's the import world. My dual 2.5" stainless exhaust for the GN was $550. Made in the USA of course. Everything is more expensive for imports it seems.
550$? damn that's half the price of any aftermarket one (non Tsudo). I wish I they were that much for this car.
But now TLs can be had for 10000$ US and putting on there 1200$ exhaust for 10-15HP is just ridiculous to me.
The following users liked this post:
Ciroqboy (06-06-2013)
Old 03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
10th Gear

sounds awsome
Old 03-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
My HKS carbon TI was about a grand for my STI as well. $400 will end up being $2000 in the long run. If you are worried about price, buy used.

You get what you pay for. Anything chinese after market is garbage, from what I have learned.

If you want to save money, get it custom done here in USA. I am sure you can get a good non-name brand exhaust for cheaper than 1000, but don't stoop to TSUEDO. I heard the welds break in less than a year. Yes it is warranted, but have you ever tried to deal with anything over seas? It will cost $100 to ship back and forth and customer service SUCKS, plus where does it end? There is a reason why things cost $.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by AckTL05
My HKS carbon TI was about a grand for my STI as well. $400 will end up being $2000 in the long run. If you are worried about price, buy used.

You get what you pay for. Anything chinese after market is garbage, from what I have learned.

If you want to save money, get it custom done here in USA. I am sure you can get a good non-name brand exhaust for cheaper than 1000, but don't stoop to TSUEDO. I heard the welds break in less than a year. Yes it is warranted, but have you ever tried to deal with anything over seas? It will cost $100 to ship back and forth and customer service SUCKS, plus where does it end? There is a reason why things cost $.
Listen, stop talking out of your ass. This cat back does not break after 1 year. From what I have read anyway. I have searched a lot of forum reviews as well.
As far as the loyalty to American, well I have to say I will probably stick to what I am used to. My last truck was 30 grand in 1995 and I never paid for aftermarket stuff out the butt like the prices for this car. It's because it was an American truck. I am used to paying less and since my car is an import, I will probably buy imported stuff(sarcasm). In truth having one custom made is cheaper and well it's customizable, you can get the sound you want. I will never pay over a thousand dollars, even six hundred dollars, for an exhaust.

You get the same gains minus the bling. As long as it's under the car and doing what it says for 5 years or more then I don't mind.

As I said earlier, I had a nice truck ten years ago and even then the prices for really nice headers and exhaust were not this much. So I will pay what I am used to paying for parts. Even if they don't last for ever they are gonna last as long as I need them too.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Actually your wrong, read some more into this exhaust. People have been complaining about cracks in the welds.

Listen, stop talking out of your ass. This cat back does not break after 1 year. From what I have read anyway. I have searched a lot of forum reviews as well.
As far as the loyalty to American, well I have to say I will probably stick to what I am used to. My last truck was 30 grand in 1995 and I never paid for aftermarket stuff out the butt like the prices for this car. It's because it was an American truck. I am used to paying less and since my car is an import, I will probably buy imported stuff(sarcasm). In truth having one custom made is cheaper and well it's customizable, you can get the sound you want. I will never pay over a thousand dollars, even six hundred dollars, for an exhaust.

You get the same gains minus the bling. As long as it's under the car and doing what it says for 5 years or more then I don't mind.

As I said earlier, I had a nice truck ten years ago and even then the prices for really nice headers and exhaust were not this much. So I will pay what I am used to paying for parts. Even if they don't last for ever they are gonna last as long as I need them too.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Pro

I have an all of them have been slammed cars.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Just out of curiosity, how can an exhaust develop bad welds through a car being lowered? For 400, I would get this exhaust and was looking to purchase back in october, but never did because I was skeptical about it. I would never pay 1k+ for an exhaust, I would go custom before I pay that much.

Quick Reply: Tsudo 04-08TL SP Catback?