Tsudo 04-08TL SP Catback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When it hits stuff on the ground. Just type in Tsudo "cracked welds" into google. You will not find many bad reviews.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:39 AM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Some people are perfectly happy with a folex instead of a rolex....
My opinion is that cheapness eventually shows it's ugly face.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:21 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I bought a used comptech exhaust for $750. Polished it up really good before installing it and knock on wood for the past 2-3 years I have yet to run into any problems and still looks great. The problem with the exhaust system your looking at is the way it's welded in the back. It's such a shitty way to connecting the mufflers to the main front pipe, in which with time those welds break.
My personal suggestion is look around the black market, craigslist or ebay for a use comptech, or Excelerate system. You might find them about 800 bucks give or take but your getting a legit system. Save another 250 and you get a new setup which in the long run will out last Tsudo system 10x longer.

Here's the picture look at how they connect the muffler pipes to the main pipe. Always breaks 1st there.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just let them buy this exhaust. I've tried to convince people but people seem to think that falling prices are the only thing that matters. It's the Walmart mentality.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
My friend has this...Its pretty much a comptech copy EXCEPT its flanged (comptech is a slip fit) and a bit louder. It sounds nice but fitment is slightly off (Not raspy or anything at all). Not bad if your on a budget but if you can spend the money you could get something better.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:35 AM
wdp skyhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you have a quality car so why not use quality products
Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear

My close friend bought this exhaust and he's perfectly happy with it. I'll admit he's not into brands so that didn't matter so he just bought an exhaust that was economical and looked good. I was also impressed with the sound as it was not loud or overbearing. Also, I do not believe this exhaust is a copy of any exhaust system. And In all honesty I think a large majority of JDM brands are being made in China or Taiwan.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Just so everyone knows, this company has NO people skills or customer relations at all. I cannot believe I was quoted a price for $400 shipped, mind you people bought it for $360 shipped when it first came out, then a month later I was going to buy it for a friend and he told me it was $450 now and if I don't act by the 15th it will be "~500+". He did not honor the price he told me, and did not want to work with me. Its becoming popular and they are becoming more greedy. Don't get me wrong I was going to jump on it for $400 shipped, but then I found a good deal for a comptech. This exhaust is NOT worth ~500+. I can't understand why people would support people like this. Its also not economical because its straight from china, not helping us Americans at all.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Former Whiner

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN

^cheapness that shows it's ugly face
Old 04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
TL type dude

honestly dude if you want a nice exhaust go either with atlp or excelerate, unless you want something loud then go with greddy if you can get it...
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Former Sponsor

comptech and tenape are nice exhaust too.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:14 AM
2nd Gear

everyone says it's a copy but the design has nothing to do with comptech, hilarious. which system is it originally copied from?

people willing to run "knock off" form & function taiwan coilovers but hate on "knock off" exhaust, which isn't even a copy in the first place.
the logic is hard to understand
Old 04-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Drifting

using cheap suspension components is just beginning to die, but thats a different topic.

the thing is its cheap because its made of shitty metal, with shitty welds. its going to fail eventually, especially in NY where 1 day its 30-40 degrees and the next day 50-60. it causes alot of stress on the welds
Old 04-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
this exhaust is not cheap anymore....its a cheaply made exhaust that is trying to rip people off now....

the exaust is goin for 450 pre sale and 500+ afterwards
why would someone buy this shit for 500 somethin...

everyone from this thread should send them all emails complaining about the price increase....maybe theyll lose business and drop the price again
Old 04-02-2010, 07:05 PM
KoolKatz..

From the looks of this post, did it answer your questions??? lol....
Old 04-02-2010, 07:13 PM
2nd Gear

more vague, blanket statements. sorry if you paid $1000+ for an exhaust.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Former Sponsor

sorry? For a full stainless steel with proper mandrel bends will cost ~700 alone. Its like saying you got 10k gold for $500 when I paid $5000 for my 18k. But hey it looks the same right?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:16 AM
n3o
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by davewhodavedunn
id gladly buy the excelerate cat back exhaust system, but what's the point when it's only a few dollars less than greddy and tanabe? like I said, if your's was $500 im sure you'd get a line up of customers..if not, ppl will goto the tsudo, it's a good price, good quality, maybe not up to your standard's but price sells!
And every Excelerate system I see is crooked..
Old 04-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Its not about oh I have an exhaust. Every system is made different, sounds different and last different. You get what you pay for.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by n3o
It's one thing if you want to buy a cheap exhaust; for every seat there is a behind to sit in it. But please don't knock our exhausts to justify buying a cheap alternative. Our systems is manufactured to spec. If any part of the system is crooked it is due to installer error. The system has adjustment for alignment. Every XLR8 exhaust we install here is straight and they are all made fro the same jig.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
so much fail in here i dont know where to begin.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:25 PM
TL type dude

Originally Posted by AckTL05
My HKS carbon TI was about a grand for my STI as well. $400 will end up being $2000 in the long run. If you are worried about price, buy used.

You get what you pay for. Anything chinese after market is garbage, from what I have learned.

If you want to save money, get it custom done here in USA. I am sure you can get a good non-name brand exhaust for cheaper than 1000, but don't stoop to TSUEDO. I heard the welds break in less than a year. Yes it is warranted, but have you ever tried to deal with anything over seas? It will cost $100 to ship back and forth and customer service SUCKS, plus where does it end? There is a reason why things cost $.
first off STI's are nasty ass anything my boy has his stage 3 and his literally turns head....really want one
Old 04-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
Dave (OP), you seem to be answering your own questions..

If you seem so adamant on the high quality of this PSUEDO exhaust, then just go ahead and buy it, no one is stopping you. You seem to be defending this exhaust that no one has experience with so why don't you be the guinea pig and let us know it everything pans out.

Asking for Josh's exhausts to be cheaper is like going to a jeweler and asking them to reduce their price for the diamond ring you want. "It seems like so many people are proposing to their wives; you guys have such a big market, why don't you lower your price so more people can get married?"

Don't ever ask vendors to lower their prices, I read that and I thought you were a complete idiot.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

PSEUDO there's people that drink Heineken and those that drink Natty Light. I bought an Acura TL instead of Kia Amanti because I was looking for quality, so why settle for Amanti quality products to put on a TL. moral of the story is don't question the quality of a well known, reputable product to make the product you contemplate on buying les questionable. But I would encourage you to buy pseudo if this is the case
Old 04-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by n3o
u must be seriously mentally handicapped. ive seen a bunch of xlr8 exhausts and even installed one with no problems at all. it came out perfect.

dont bash anyone when u obviously have no idea what ur talking about

Originally Posted by bforbrian
Dave (OP), you seem to be answering your own questions..

If you seem so adamant on the high quality of this PSUEDO exhaust, then just go ahead and buy it, no one is stopping you. You seem to be defending this exhaust that no one has experience with so why don't you be the guinea pig and let us know it everything pans out.

Asking for Josh's exhausts to be cheaper is like going to a jeweler and asking them to reduce their price for the diamond ring you want. "It seems like so many people are proposing to their wives; you guys have such a big market, why don't you lower your price so more people can get married?"

Don't ever ask vendors to lower their prices, I read that and I thought you were a complete idiot.
+14893280958934

couldn't of said it better brian.

like with cheap wheels vs solid expensive wheels. the replicas always shatter and get destroyed while the real wheels stay perfect

same thing with the exhaust, and every other product in the world, but no one realizes it. its like they convince themselves its a fine product, its cheap and its definitely worth it.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
TSUDO = garbage exhaust that went from 400 to 500+ now

if u want to buy an exhaust for 500 buy a good one used
Old 04-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Advanced

Something i don't understand is why a dual stainless exhaust for a mustang is a few hundred dollars cheaper then an exhaust for my TL. It doesn't appear to require less material to make. Both Magnaflow and Borla make kits for those cars and the price is between $500 to $1000 depending on year and model. But even at $1000 if there is less material being used then our systems should be cheaper. All the companys that make kits for our cars have them priced around a $1000.

Magnaflow makes a kit for the 05 Honda Accord which is a very similiar setup to our cars and i found that online for just over $600. So how does that work? Is it because these companys just have more resources and a larger customer base there for lowering their costs?

I wonder how much work would it be to fit a Accord system on a Acura?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TorqueSteer
Something i don't understand is why a dual stainless exhaust for a mustang is a few hundred dollars cheaper then an exhaust for my TL. It doesn't appear to require less material to make. Both Magnaflow and Borla make kits for those cars and the price is between $500 to $1000 depending on year and model. But even at $1000 if there is less material being used then our systems should be cheaper. All the companys that make kits for our cars have them priced around a $1000.

Magnaflow makes a kit for the 05 Honda Accord which is a very similiar setup to our cars and i found that online for just over $600. So how does that work? Is it because these companys just have more resources and a larger customer base there for lowering their costs?

A little bit of that, but also every car is different. Why is a HKS single cat back exhaust system ~1k for my STI? I am going to think about the mass production and demand also for exhaust on mustangs. Economy of scale is in effect for them. I know almost everyone has an exhaust on this website, but how many people you see on the road driving a TL with an exhaust over a Mustang with an exhaust.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer

Those systems are mass-produced. They are making those in huge batches. Acura TL exhausts aren't as popular as Mustang exhausts. Borla's stainless steel is similar to the grade we use in our systems: T304 SS from the US, not the cheaper steel from China which has a high nickel content.

Also it's more fair to compare apples to apples. You have to consider an exhaust system that would be similar to the TL like a S2000 system:

http://borla.com/products/product_de...=14877&ref=cat

That system is about $1,000. So the price is on par.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:17 PM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OP, it seems like you've pretty much made up your mind on this one. You have your opinions, I have my opinions, and the other 166,881 members on here have 166,881 other opinions. This is what it comes down to:

You know in your mind how much you want to spend on a product. People give you their recomendations which you're free to take or not. Based on what you've read here, your thoughts and feelings, and your budget, buy what you want.

A year, 2 years, 5 years from now, if the exhaust is fine, we'll all eat our words, but if a year or 2 years form now, it's crapped out, then leson learned on your part.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:15 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
RANT: az VENDORS WHY??? WHY SUPPORT THEM

It's noon on a nice day so you get your goodies which arrived the night before via ups/fedex from one our az vendors... and you are SUPER DOOOOPER STOKED...

so you get out the handy tool box and get to work...

and you start working... it starts to get late sunlight running out.. then you realize OH CRAP you've got a problem and the instructions just aren't helping

(I will use josh @ excelerate an example)
you pick up your blackberry with your greasy hands and dial up 203-483-6100
after 1 ring, you hear XLR8...

NOW... TSUDO...
(insert rewind sound)
OH CRAP you've got a problem...

you pick up your blackberry with your greasy hands and dial up
OH CRAP there's no number
so you google it
there's no number
so you call the vendor... to no avail
as they say on the web my friends... YOU ARE SOL

I've been on the forums for quite some time
Josh is not only going to try his best dude will really answer his phone at all sorts of crazy hours... as he once told me, XLR8 is his BABY

BY USED IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD NEW AS MENTIONED BEFORE
Old 04-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Former Whiner

Originally Posted by mglax13
OP, it seems like you've pretty much made up your mind on this one. You have your opinions, I have my opinions, and the other 166,881 members on here have 166,881 other opinions. This is what it comes down to:

You know in your mind how much you want to spend on a product. People give you their recomendations which you're free to take or not. Based on what you've read here, your thoughts and feelings, and your budget, buy what you want.

A year, 2 years, 5 years from now, if the exhaust is fine, we'll all eat our words, but if a year or 2 years form now, it's crapped out, then leson learned on your part.
BEST ANSWER. PERIOD

Originally Posted by stillhere153
It's noon on a nice day so you get your goodies which arrived the night before via ups/fedex from one our az vendors... and you are SUPER DOOOOPER STOKED...

and you start working... it starts to get late sunlight running out.. then you realize OH CRAP you've got a problem and the instructions just aren't helping

NOW... TSUDO...
(insert rewind sound)

so you google it
there's no number

Josh is not only going to try his best dude will really answer his phone at all sorts of crazy hours... as he once told me, XLR8 is his BABY

Love the:
(Insert Rewind Sound)
Old 04-05-2010, 05:50 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Dilligaf2
PSEUDO there's people that drink Heineken and those that drink Natty Light. I bought an Acura TL instead of Kia Amanti because I was looking for quality, so why settle for Amanti quality products to put on a TL. moral of the story is don't question the quality of a well known, reputable product to make the product you contemplate on buying les questionable. But I would encourage you to buy pseudo if this is the case

heineken

cheers mate
Old 04-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by n3o
Errr? Mine isnt crooked....Pictures can be deceiving i think and the angle at which you look at it.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
OP: I started a thread about this a while ago and there was a member who bought the system and the person who's car was in the ebay ad also posted there so you could look it up if you haven't already.

Link: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=tsudo

It's funny that some of the people posting here bashing were not doing so in the thread above. A lot of 2nd gen TL's have tsudo systems maybe they can provide feedback about welds and how long they took to crack.

I personally think the system is great for the price and I'm considering it for my TL, my TL is my daily so I don't care about performance. I personally refuse to pay $1K plus for an exhaust system for the TL and it's not worth it to me going custom. Some of you may call me cheap or devaluing the TL etc...but the TL to me is a very comfortable fwd daily and I just rather spend money on looks(aspec kit/wheels/drop etc...) than trying to gain HP unless it's boost.
The following users liked this post:
Ciroqboy (06-06-2013)
Old 04-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Former Sponsor

It was great for 399 shipped, but defiantly not 500+ shipped. Have you ever tried dealing with a chinese manufacture or any over seas manufacture that has an internet site? Well I have and I wouldn't buy this for 200 if it had a lifetime money back guarantee.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Calm down. I understand 100% of what everyone is saying, but come on now, stop bashing on the product when you haven't seen it or have it on your car. Stop assuming. It may be a Chinese Product, but don't bash on them for making something whether it of cheap quality or not.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AckTL05
It was great for 399 shipped, but defiantly not 500+ shipped. Have you ever tried dealing with a chinese manufacture or any over seas manufacture that has an internet site? Well I have and I wouldn't buy this for 200 if it had a lifetime money back guarantee.
Actually I have dealt with a seller in China before, besides the time delay everything went fine. Not saying that's how it is everywhere. This system may be made in China but where does it say if I wanted to buy one I have to order it from a chinese manufacturer with an internet site? Last I saw Speed Element the seller was stateside in CA, they would be the ones dealing with that. I bet if this system was 200 with lifetime guarantee it would be backordered.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:14 AM
n3o
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mrlal8
TSUDO = garbage exhaust that went from 400 to 500+ now

if u want to buy an exhaust for 500 buy a good one used
Just because im an instigator...

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail

$449.99 free shipping, and its back ordered which means its selling.

Originally Posted by stillhere153

NOW... TSUDO...
(insert rewind sound)

so you google it
there's no number

Instigating again. If you need to call the vendor/seller for help installing a CATBACK EXHAUST, then you should not be working on an automobile.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Originally Posted by n3o
Just because im an instigator...

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail

$449.99 free shipping, and its back ordered which means its selling.

Instigating again. If you need to call the vendor/seller for help installing a CATBACK EXHAUST, then you should not be working on an automobile.
If you're going to be a instigator, let's not ASSUME things.

First of all, their backordered? Hey guys, let me make a custom exhaust named CHAMPS BEAST EXHAUST and make 5 of them and sell them for super cheap with cheap materials! Oh shit, sold them on eBay for $300, now I'm backordered!!

Second, stillhere was trying to state an example, he could probably run circles around you.

Everyone has a reason for not trusting this exhaust. It is cheap, but for $100-150 more I could find a used Comptech/Tanabe/Greddy Exhaust. At the end of the day, if you're going to mod anything, don't be cheap, or don't do it all.

I'm not the instigator, I just own you.

Quick Reply: Tsudo 04-08TL SP Catback?