Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotors?

Does anyone make a drilled rotor for the 6speed Brembo set up i have been looking and can not find them anywhere Please help if you know were to pick them up i saw them at the car show but i am sure it was special made for that car
Old 06-26-2005, 06:33 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
The sales guy from rotora said they have some.....pricing TBA however and they only come in slotted or drilled-and-slotted.

List pricing for the 5AT front rotors are $115 and $135 each (per each single rotor), respectively.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Burning Brakes

what is the website or is it rotora.com The ones for the Brembo set up are much bigger than the 5at i need the ones for the Brembo set up.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
they have it for both manny and auto but the price list they gave me only showed the automatics.... they do have the rears available for both also

rotora.com if I remember correctly.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Safety Car

since brembo makes the brakes just get the drilled or slotted rotors from them. look up a rotor that is the same size as the oem brembo.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Safety Car

here is a site selling drilled for oem bembos. i don't completely trust the rotora quality(no offense to anyone who has those brakes). i would rather stick to a proven company.

http://www.brakeworld.com/catalog.as...=items&catid=1
Old 06-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the Info I am taking the car to watkins gleen road corse would like to have these baby's broken in by then. The tl handles awesome with the 19's and the comptech springs
Old 07-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
Thanks for the Info I am taking the car to watkins gleen road corse would like to have these baby's broken in by then. The tl handles awesome with the 19's and the comptech springs
When are you going or how was your experience?

I've driven WG 3 two day events already and am going back this September.

Curious what you thought and or experienced and your run group and what club since I plan to get a TL 6 spd next spring.

Just FYI, you can "Season" rotors and "Bed" pads on the street Before you get there.

And if you dodn't already know, Seneca lodge is where to stay.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by caball88
since brembo makes the brakes just get the drilled or slotted rotors from them. look up a rotor that is the same size as the oem brembo.

If you can help it, do Not get drilled or slotted rotors regardless of if they are from "Uber Over Priced Brembo" or some other.

Especially if you are tracking the car.

Get a solid Autozone replacement. They are wear items, and slotted and drilled rotors will not help you stop any quicker.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1GreyTeg
When are you going or how was your experience?

I've driven WG 3 two day events already and am going back this September.

Curious what you thought and or experienced and your run group and what club since I plan to get a TL 6 spd next spring.

Just FYI, you can "Season" rotors and "Bed" pads on the street Before you get there.

And if you dodn't already know, Seneca lodge is where to stay.
Have not gone yet i am going in Monday And i run with PDA this is the group i run with. As for the drilled or slotted rotor they do cool off faster than oem and they look nice as well
Old 07-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Safety Car

Have not gone yet i am going in Monday And i run with PDA this is the group i run with. As for the drilled or slotted rotor they do cool off faster than oem and they look nice as well
the drilled rotors will not help cooling that much and in fact might reduce the cooling effects. the holes are there to help the gases that are created during braking escape and does not perform any actual cooling of the rotor.(same thing with the slots on a slotted rotor). on a drilled rotor since there is less metal there is less surface area for the heat to dissipate. if you wanted a performance upgrade for rotors the slotted rotors would probably net some performance on the track using oem sizes. but if you wanted it for looks then the drilled is the better choice.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by caball88
the drilled rotors will not help cooling that much and in fact might reduce the cooling effects. the holes are there to help the gases that are created during braking escape and does not perform any actual cooling of the rotor.(same thing with the slots on a slotted rotor). on a drilled rotor since there is less metal there is less surface area for the heat to dissipate. if you wanted a performance upgrade for rotors the slotted rotors would probably net some performance on the track using oem sizes. but if you wanted it for looks then the drilled is the better choice.
Bingo.

Cross drilled is now days more for looks and very minorly for wet weather ability.

Cross drilling in the past, Used to be for out-gassing, but todays pads do not require this.

Crossdrilled rotors are also prone to cracking more prematurely.

Slotted is for shedding pad material buildup but will decrease pad life.

I use generic Autozone blanks. I go through several sets a season on track.

They are wear items, I use quality R compound pads and season and bed in the rotors and pads correctly and get several weekends out of the rotors.

I've used OEM, HQ aftermarket and generic Autozone rotors.

For the omney and how often I go through rotors I'd much rather use cheap AZ's than uber over priced anything's. They do the same thing. HQ's last just slightly longer and aren't worth the price difference.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Intermediate

Have not gone yet i am going in Monday And i run with PDA this is the group i run with.
Good deal, have loads of fun.

I'm a NASA member and have been there as well as several other NE tracks for HPDE's.

Go with an open mind, take it all seriously, learn as much as possible and ABOVE ALL HAVE FUN!

I'll be there with NASA-NE in September for a 2 day and TT. And soon after at Limerock Park.

Make sure to report back and let us know how much fun you had and how the car did.

Remember to stay away from the blue bushes &

Greasy, grimy , dirty down, shiny side up.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks i have ran before not in this car but i have ran the full course at pocono and i have ran limerock i love that track