Remus Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remus Exhaust System

For those who have viewd Remus exhaust systems I'm highly considering speaking with Remus to see if they can customize an exhaust system for the Acura TL 04+. For those interested in getting one of their systems please let me know.

Here's a link of what they look like:
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/merc...542-p-756.html

Here's a link of the custom order site for group buys from car clubs:
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/grou...rders-i-8.html

If I can get enough people interested in getting one of these muffler systems I'll send them an e-mail regarding our interest in getting one. For those who are interested let me know.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Remus=AWESOME products

Keep us updated man
Old 02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 171 Posts
As much as I like Remus, I highly doubt they will make it for the TL. Because Remus only focus on European cars and not as much Japanese cars. Here is an example, a bit confusing.

TLs are made in the USA and will not export there cars to Europe so Remus will not make them. Where as the Acura TSX are made in Japan (EuroR or Accord). Japan export there cars to Europe then yes Remus will make it. Let say Ford or Chrysler export there vehicle to Europe then yes Remus will make for those cars. Partly because certain model of Ford or Chrysler are popular in Europe.

To make a long story short, ANY manufacturer exports any vehicle to Europe, Remus will make the exhaust.

I have a friend works at CEC and was the sole distributor for Remus and told me about it. Since they lost the rights to distribute Remus, it was harder to get Remus couple years ago. I think now somewhere in So Cali there is a new distributor for Remus. If you want a Remus exhaust, the only way is to get an Universal with different tip style that Remus produce. The one I have on my car, it is not a full rear muffler. I just brought the tip and weld it onto my stock exhaust. You can try Sebring but I doubt they make it for TLs too. The distributor is also in So Cali. Good Luck!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
PP, didn't you get the Greddy???
Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Tomorrow I'm going to post up some pics and sound clips of the exhaust we just had made. I think you might find it what you're looking for in a Remus exhaust.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by paz840
PP, didn't you get the Greddy???
Lol yes and I'm having a change of heart. My boy who was supposed to install the darn thing hasn't been around to do it so I've had much time to sit back and debate keeping it. I don't think the Greddy is in my taste. I'm in process of possibly selling it. Its never been used.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Tomorrow I'm going to post up some pics and sound clips of the exhaust we just had made. I think you might find it what you're looking for in a Remus exhaust.
Now you're talking Excelerate. Post the pics up and I'm definatelly all ears on this. Also if you can post costs and HP gains I'd greatly appreciate it. Man I may not need to contact Remus for group buy, custom exhaust afterall.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ua6spec
As much as I like Remus, I highly doubt they will make it for the TL. Because Remus only focus on European cars and not as much Japanese cars. Here is an example, a bit confusing.

TLs are made in the USA and will not export there cars to Europe so Remus will not make them. Where as the Acura TSX are made in Japan (EuroR or Accord). Japan export there cars to Europe then yes Remus will make it. Let say Ford or Chrysler export there vehicle to Europe then yes Remus will make for those cars. Partly because certain model of Ford or Chrysler are popular in Europe.

To make a long story short, ANY manufacturer exports any vehicle to Europe, Remus will make the exhaust.

I have a friend works at CEC and was the sole distributor for Remus and told me about it. Since they lost the rights to distribute Remus, it was harder to get Remus couple years ago. I think now somewhere in So Cali there is a new distributor for Remus. If you want a Remus exhaust, the only way is to get an Universal with different tip style that Remus produce. The one I have on my car, it is not a full rear muffler. I just brought the tip and weld it onto my stock exhaust. You can try Sebring but I doubt they make it for TLs too. The distributor is also in So Cali. Good Luck!
Thanks uaSpec..I honestly never considered Remus because I figured just like you they never touched Japanese made vehicles. I've been a long fan of Remus ever since I've owned a VW back in the day. That and Supersprint were the king of top end German exhausts. I absolutely LOVE the style of Remus and if they can make one for the TL a lot of people who are concerned with the harshness of those bright klunky cans hanging from the rears of their cars they can now get the chance to floss classy mufflers with good hp gains, clean sound, and tasteful styling.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:11 AM
I have car ADD

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
i forgot you were cooking something up
Old 02-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Fight On!

So, this will fit on base TLs without having to replace or cut up our rear bumpers?

And we won't have to explain that we're not riceboys, right?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Racer

Alright guys...this is straight from the horses mouth. Take it for what its worth.

Hello Sir,

Remus Austria can develop exhaust systems only for vehicles available in Europe. After a brief research, we have found the TLs to not be offered in Europe, a comparable model was the Honda Accord however it only has one exhaust outlet and is not the same exhaust layout and design.

What we can offer :

We believe the following universal exhaust will fit your criteria :
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/sing...v3-p-1130.html

Note : This universal muffler is unique and is a patented design in the industry, it features our Rev3 stepped inlet which allows customers to actually choose their inlet diameter, 2”, 2.25” or 2.5” all in the same muffler!

Why not a full cat back?

For this question, I would like to guide you to our FAQ, point 5 :

http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/faq.php?cID=1#38

Unless there is a restriction in the middle pipe/silencer, there is no gain to be had from replacing it with an aftermarket part. This is also the cause of unwanted parasite sounds such as drone, raspyness and an overly loud system that does not suit the class and luxury of the Acura TL. If a member on your forum insists on having a cat back, the middle section can easily be manufactured by an exhaust shop.

Why choose Remus over competitors?

With all due respect to our competitors, none come close to the time and money invested in R&D on all our products, including universal mufflers. You can link your members to the following page for more information : http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/why-remus-i-6.html

We have an industry exclusive acoustic chamber allowing us to eliminate any unwanted noises such as drone, resonance, raspyness and loudness.

All our exhausts meet very strict TUV requirements, in terms of sound, design, construction and overall build quality. Those requirements are vastly superior to anything else in this world.

Our exhausts feature T304 stainless steel even under the black high temperature ceramic paint and our tips are chrome plated 441 stainless steel which is even more corrosion resistant than regular 304 stainless steel.

Best regards,

Sales Department

info@remusexhaustshop.com

www.RemusExhaustShop.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do remember guys stating that the V6 Accord had a similar layout so if anyone has any good words I can relay over to this department it would be of great help.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
Alright guys...this is straight from the horses mouth. Take it for what its worth.

Hello Sir,

Remus Austria can develop exhaust systems only for vehicles available in Europe. After a brief research, we have found the TLs to not be offered in Europe, a comparable model was the Honda Accord however it only has one exhaust outlet and is not the same exhaust layout and design.

What we can offer :

We believe the following universal exhaust will fit your criteria :
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/sing...v3-p-1130.html

Note : This universal muffler is unique and is a patented design in the industry, it features our Rev3 stepped inlet which allows customers to actually choose their inlet diameter, 2”, 2.25” or 2.5” all in the same muffler!

Why not a full cat back?

For this question, I would like to guide you to our FAQ, point 5 :

http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/faq.php?cID=1#38

Unless there is a restriction in the middle pipe/silencer, there is no gain to be had from replacing it with an aftermarket part. This is also the cause of unwanted parasite sounds such as drone, raspyness and an overly loud system that does not suit the class and luxury of the Acura TL. If a member on your forum insists on having a cat back, the middle section can easily be manufactured by an exhaust shop.

Why choose Remus over competitors?

With all due respect to our competitors, none come close to the time and money invested in R&D on all our products, including universal mufflers. You can link your members to the following page for more information : http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/why-remus-i-6.html

We have an industry exclusive acoustic chamber allowing us to eliminate any unwanted noises such as drone, resonance, raspyness and loudness.

All our exhausts meet very strict TUV requirements, in terms of sound, design, construction and overall build quality. Those requirements are vastly superior to anything else in this world.

Our exhausts feature T304 stainless steel even under the black high temperature ceramic paint and our tips are chrome plated 441 stainless steel which is even more corrosion resistant than regular 304 stainless steel.

Best regards,

Sales Department

info@remusexhaustshop.com

www.RemusExhaustShop.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do remember guys stating that the V6 Accord had a similar layout so if anyone has any good words I can relay over to this department it would be of great help.
Yup they took the word right out of my mouth =P. I know for some reason Remus don't like doing full cat back exhaust. They just like to do the rear muffler. I think most cat back exhaust they made are a few models from Mercedes, and BMWs.

I had a Remus rear muffler for the 2001 Honda Accord V6 but the tip was oval. It was a dual muffler but there was a slight modification that I need to do.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:44 AM
GroundeDCustoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates on this xcel exhaust?

Been goin back and forth with choices
sr6 xhaust
Or
Sr-s
Invidia
Tanabl
Old 01-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Lol, really?

Excelerate has been producing exhausts for this car since 2008. There are literally hundreds of threads related to their exhausts. Read up.