Pulled the trigger on the supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by greco9885
i completely disagree. the best spot on our car is on the p2r tb spacer. there are ports on the sides of it. it will be stronger than the drilled and tapped hole on the intake tube. nozzle requires cleaning one per year.
The TB is before the blower,so no go on the spacer as an injection sight.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
you have to be aware of the fact that...the THROTTLE BODY is relocated once you install the SC...it is mounted directly on the SC intake housing.... you cannot spray anything before the SC.... you have to spray the "CHARGED AIR" and the place to do that is, between the SC and the Intake manifold
Old 06-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Opel
well, the SC doesnt really give u much window to play with...the thing goes on max psi quickly...id have it start spraying at say-2-and full blast at 3.5.... but with that kinda psi window...theres not enough window for it to make a difference like that.... it matters more when you want it to start spraying...and i think 2-3 is good start
ive never been in or seen a s/c tl drive so i really dont know.

Originally Posted by tihomirbg
So, hold on, are you saying that there will be a need of spacer as well? If that is the case then I need to get one. But is it going to fit? Because I know it goes right in the TB opening.
no it would just be ideal to spray it into the IM via the port on the TBS

Originally Posted by Hi speed
The TB is before the blower,so no go on the spacer as an injection sight.
lookin at the pic on ct's website it looks like they include some kind of spacer

Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
you have to be aware of the fact that...the THROTTLE BODY is relocated once you install the SC...it is mounted directly on the SC intake housing.... you cannot spray anything before the SC.... you have to spray the "CHARGED AIR" and the place to do that is, between the SC and the Intake manifold
Thats what I was thinking. The SC intake housing goes directly to the TB so I did not think that there is enough space to put TB spacer there.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Drifting

i didnt notice that the tb was relocated.

still look at the pic, it still looks like you can utilize a TBS still. i know how to do meth kits, you dont need to tell me anything cant go into the s/c
Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Burning Brakes

lookin at the pic on ct's website it looks like they include some kind of spacer

I see some kind of spacer, but is there really ports there? Only SC'ed guys can confirm this.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Drifting

I see some kind of spacer, but is there really ports there? Only SC'ed guys can confirm this.
no, that spacer would need to be replaced with the p2r one. im almost positive it will fit
Old 06-15-2009, 10:37 PM
runnin a little boost

No, there is no port and the spacer is so thin a port wouldn't fit.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Drifting

thats why i said it needs to be replaced with the p2r tbs. judging from the pics it looks like a perfect fit
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Burning Brakes

You are SCed, what is your opinion on positioning the nozzle by looking at it. Right on the elbow.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Drifting

AND even though the TB is relocated. the spacer still goes in the same exact spot....
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Burning Brakes

thats why i said it needs to be replaced with the p2r tbs. judging from the pics it looks like a perfect fit
Is it really going to fit? I can;t tell from the pic how thick the supplied spacer is.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Drifting

Is it really going to fit? I can;t tell from the pic how thick the supplied spacer is.
its definitely thinner, but it can definitely work, im almost positive. plus you can shave the tubes down at an angle so it will line up better.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Burning Brakes

its definitely thinner, but it can definitely work, im almost positive. plus you can shave the tubes down at an angle so it will line up better.
Hehe, I know what you mean by shaving the tubes down especially when you have to fit an intercooler that was universal and not specifically made for the car.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:53 PM
runnin a little boost

You are SCed, what is your opinion on positioning the nozzle by looking at it. Right on the elbow.
With injecting anything into the engine you want to do it 6 inches before the intake runners to evenly distrubute the fuel or methanol in this case as it enters the engine.

I think puting a TB spacer on there and injecting that way would be easiest, but I am worried injecting that close to the intake runners will make one cylinder run richer than the others.

There are two places to inject the meth. 1. In the upper elbow connecting to the intake manifold. 2. In the lower elbow coming from the blower. ( this may require removing the blower) I am leaning towards # 1.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Drifting

With injecting anything into the engine you want to do it 6 inches before the intake runners to evenly distrubute the fuel or methanol in this case as it enters the engine.

I think puting a TB spacer on there and injecting that way would be easiest, but I am worried injecting that close to the intake runners will make one cylinder run richer than the others.

There are two places to inject the meth. 1. In the upper elbow connecting to the intake manifold. 2. In the lower elbow coming from the blower. ( this may require removing the blower) I am leaning towards # 1.
definitely #1, shouldnt even consider #2 since the bend will disrupt the flow
Old 06-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
greco, relax dude....that wasn';t even for you....im sure ur the genius here..... but dont get so insecure about what you know and what you dont. no wonder i never subscribed to any of these things...there's always too many fucking drama queens
Old 06-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Burning Brakes

greco, relax dude....that wasn';t even for you....im sure ur the genius here..... but dont get so insecure about what you know and what you dont. no wonder i never subscribed to any of these things...there's always too many fucking drama queens
I think this was good discussion. Different opinions and at the end we come to the best one.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

The #1 location makes perfect sense. I was thinking about it and it seems to be the best location so far.

Now with a TB spacer, it seems easier but as you said some cylinders might run too rich since it is so close to the TB.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:19 PM
runnin a little boost

The #1 location makes perfect sense. I was thinking about it and it seems to be the best location so far.

Now with a TB spacer, it seems easier but as you said some cylinders might run too rich since it is so close to the TB.

I am a little scared I might rip a gasket in the removal of the elblow but it has to be done. There is also a flat spot on the back of the elbow that seems perfect for the port.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:25 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greco is very knowledgeable on the subject and only wants to help, please dont flame on him, he is helping out with my injection
Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Burning Brakes

I am a little scared I might rip a gasket in the removal of the elblow but it has to be done. There is also a flat spot on the back of the elbow that seems perfect for the port.
There is flat spot? Thats good to know. How big is this thing anyway? You think it is enough space?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
greco, even if you can fit P2R TBS where the CT one is, that is the worse place you can put the nozzle for the meth injection. you want it as close to the SC and farthest away from the IM as possible, so you can get maximum distribution to all cylinders.

i installed my nozzle on the SC outlet pipe, a couple of inches from the blower housing and on the bottom for discreteness. the pump should ALWAYS be as close to the meth tank as possible, so if you people plan on using the WW resevoir like i did, you will have to build a custom bracket to accommodate it. tl's might have different clearances from the bumper, so a custom bracket might not be needed.

ive gone through a merry-go-round of EMS's, emanage ultimate, emanage blue, AEM FI/C, ultimate and blue combo etc,... the emanage ultimate always gave me the BEST a/f tune, but not being able to adjust timing and vtec was its shortcomings. so, my goal with the meth injection is being able to use the ultimate and using the cooling affect of the 50/50 mix to counter the need of retarding the timing. remember, rule of thumb is to retard -1 degree of timing, for every 1lb of boost. right now im at 4psi at WOT, but with the addition of the meth, my tuner and i think that running boost with the stock timing map will suffic... for vtec, i am using the ACM for that part. its hooked in, but only for vtec (map and knock sensors are dissconnected) and will kick in at 4k rpm, which is perfect IMO. it will bring you right into vtec after every up-shift.

as for which kit to buy, i personally have the AEM meth kit and it does have a 2 stage spray. the 2nd stage starts at 7psi, so obviously i wont ever be using it. its really not needed unless your boosting at least 7-8psi and up. i have no plans on using a HBP for my carsince its my DD. besides, i really really believe i can squeeze 340-350whp with the set up i currently have. its all about going down and getting retuned. last time i hit 330hp/289tq, so with the addition of meth and a few more poweradders, 340/300 is easily in reach.

heres some pics of my meth pump,

1. this was my first location. its good, but after installing the bumper, we found out it was hitting my foglight housing. this can be a good spot for you TL guys though,

2. had to make a custom bracket so it can fit on the side of the tank,

just remember meth is not going to help you much, unless you get rid of the ACM and go with something that is tuneable. ill let you guys know how it goes. im hoping to get it down to churches sometime mid-next week. if this combo turns out to be a winner, than all you would need is an EMU, rsx-s 310cc injectors, ACM for vtec and meth injection and ill be able to share my a/f map with you guys
Old 06-15-2009, 11:50 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

and heres an older pic of my engine bay that im using just for reference to where i installed the nozzle and vacuum line to the meth kit. its where the yellow arrow is on the SC outlet, but underneath. taking off the SC is needed for this, but its a good time to clean things up and change the oil too

Last edited by 04accordcpe; 06-15-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
runnin a little boost

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
greco, even if you can fit P2R TBS where the CT one is, that is the worse place you can put the nozzle for the meth injection. you want it as close to the SC and farthest away from the IM as possible, so you can get maximum distribution to all cylinders.

i installed my nozzle on the SC outlet pipe, a couple of inches from the blower housing and on the bottom for discreteness. the pump should ALWAYS be as close to the meth tank as possible, so if you people plan on using the WW resevoir like i did, you will have to build a custom bracket to accommodate it. tl's might have different clearances from the bumper, so a custom bracket might not be needed.

ive gone through a merry-go-round of EMS's, emanage ultimate, emanage blue, AEM FI/C, ultimate and blue combo etc,... the emanage ultimate always gave me the BEST a/f tune, but not being able to adjust timing and vtec was its shortcomings. so, my goal with the meth injection is being able to use the ultimate and using the cooling affect of the 50/50 mix to counter the need of retarding the timing. remember, rule of thumb is to retard -1 degree of timing, for every 1lb of boost. right now im at 4psi at WOT, but with the addition of the meth, my tuner and i think that running boost with the stock timing map will suffic... for vtec, i am using the ACM for that part. its hooked in, but only for vtec (map and knock sensors are dissconnected) and will kick in at 4k rpm, which is perfect IMO. it will bring you right into vtec after every up-shift.

as for which kit to buy, i personally have the AEM meth kit and it does have a 2 stage spray. the 2nd stage starts at 7psi, so obviously i wont ever be using it. its really not needed unless your boosting at least 7-8psi and up. i have no plans on using a HBP for my carsince its my DD. besides, i really really believe i can squeeze 340-350whp with the set up i currently have. its all about going down and getting retuned. last time i hit 330hp/289tq, so with the addition of meth and a few more poweradders, 340/300 is easily in reach.

heres some pics of my meth pump,

1. this was my first location. its good, but after installing the bumper, we found out it was hitting my foglight housing. this can be a good spot for you TL guys though,

2. had to make a custom bracket so it can fit on the side of the tank,

just remember meth is not going to help you much, unless you get rid of the ACM and go with something that is tuneable. ill let you guys know how it goes. im hoping to get it down to churches sometime mid-next week. if this combo turns out to be a winner, than all you would need is an EMU, rsx-s 310cc injectors, ACM for vtec and meth injection and ill be able to share my a/f map with you guys
Are you still using the AEM Fi/C unit for anything?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:27 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Are you still using the AEM Fi/C unit for anything?
no. i still have to send my PnP harness out to paul to have it reworked.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Drifting

04accordcpe. THANK YOU for posting. ive been waiting for your post since you pretty much worked out all the kinks.

on joes car it will be the first time installing the kit on a TL. on other cars its the same general idea but the engine bay is COMPLETELY different.

what nozzle did you use? 175ml/min right? that nozzle is good for 250-350. can you tell me more about the way your controller was setup? whether you set it for boost, or the map sensor and what not
Old 06-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
no. i still have to send my PnP harness out to paul to have it reworked.
So you have AEM meth kit. Did you say it is 100 meth or the mix 50/50?

It only sprays when you go into V-tec? Some are saying to have minimum going in at around 2 psi and have 100 going in at WOT.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Opel mentioned in his earlier post about the denso plugs included in the kit being a problem. Can any of you supercharged guys confirm this? Have you run into problems and had to updgrade the plugs yet? And if so, did you go 2 steps colder or stick with 1 step colder than stock?

Thanks.

Last edited by apnorm; 06-16-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 AM
2009 g37s 6mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by apnorm
Opel mentioned in his earlier post about the denso plugs included in the kit being a problem. Can any of you supercharged guys confirm this? Have you run into problems and had to updgrade the plugs yet? And if so, did you go 2 steps colder or stick with 1 step colder than stock?

Thanks.
no prob with the plugs here
Old 06-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks.
I was about to ask the same. My understanding is that the plugs that come with the SC are only 1 stage cooler than stock. Opel said that we might need to consider 2 stages cooler than stock which makes sense since there is so much heat generated there.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Now it seems like the best location is #2 the lower elbow coming from the blower
Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
"Like None Other"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
subcribing
Old 06-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by djbonsu
subcribing

Good discussion here. This is good info especially that I am about to SC my TL. But I am afraid of blowing the engine. So I need the best solution to prevent that.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
"Like None Other"

^^DEFINTELY....hence i subcribed. i am too thinking of going this route but need to cover all bases first before i make my decision. are you installing it yourself?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

^^DEFINTELY....hence i subcribed. i am too thinking of going this route but need to cover all bases first before i make my decision. are you installing it yourself?
I have about 5 bodies behind my back once I start the installation. So, I think I will keep the $750 fee for installation and buy meth kit and tranny cooler.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 PM
"Like None Other"

DOPE...i wanna hear/see it in person when its done you gettin the high boost pulley too?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Burning Brakes

DOPE...i wanna hear/see it in person when its done you gettin the high boost pulley too?
I am thinking to get the SC and meth kit first, install it and then continue from there. I need to get the feeling first as I am sure I will need more and more as everyone when they get an extra boost.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't wait to get this installed tomorrow. I'm bringing it down to Josh at Excellerate to do the install. I want to get it on the dyno see how much HP it makes and also to measure the Air/Fuel ratio and then decide from there whether to get it tuned and/or add the meth kit. All this stuff just seem be keep on adding up!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Burning Brakes

I can't wait to get this installed tomorrow. I'm bringing it down to Josh at Excellerate to do the install. I want to get it on the dyno see how much HP it makes and also to measure the Air/Fuel ratio and then decide from there whether to get it tuned and/or add the meth kit. All this stuff just seem be keep on adding up!!!!
Keep us posted. Let us know and let us know what you have in mind about tuning it. Or meth kit?

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on the supercharger!