NOVA Install Shop - Comptech Shifter & Exhaust MOD

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NOVA Install Shop - Comptech Shifter & Exhaust MOD

Hey NOVA guys and gals. Looking for a shop(s) to install my comptech short shifter. Also, Looking for a shop to do the "stage 3" exhaust mod. I have the shifter and the Dynomax already. Anyone have suggestions?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TLinNOVA
Hey NOVA guys and gals. Looking for a shop(s) to install my comptech short shifter. Also, Looking for a shop to do the "stage 3" exhaust mod. I have the shifter and the Dynomax already. Anyone have suggestions?
+1... I am also looking for a good TL shop in NOVA. Although I am looking for more electrical work (rear view camera).
Old 02-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Intermediate

EMF9. I would consider putting a rear camera on my car. Does it link directly to the Nav? What all would I need to do this? How much are the parts? Let me know if you find someone to install.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:19 AM
07 NBP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TLinNOVA- you should really consider doing the SS install yourself. I did it as my first mod and even though it was a little time consuming there wasn't anything difficult about it. There weren't any special tools required just a little patience with the aluminum trim pieces. Here's a link to the DIY:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hifter+install
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
EMF9. I would consider putting a rear camera on my car. Does it link directly to the Nav? What all would I need to do this? How much are the parts? Let me know if you find someone to install.
Basically Camera + Doms adapter. It isn't supposed to be hard, and I'm not worried about Dom's adapter. But installing the camera is more than I want to do. I want someone that will do it well enough to make it look stock.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Intermediate

yeah, I actually know I could do the install, however my time is constantly consumed but work, wife and 2 year old. I never have 3 hours to set aside anymore. In fact when I was replacing the springs and shocks on our MDX the wife came out after an hour and asked how much longer ughhh... anyway, I found someone to install it for me, and he is going to give me the shops CLK430 as a loaner for the day... so I shall..n't complain.

Let's talk more about the price of the parts and install of rear camera when you get there...

Old 02-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Cruisin'

Are there any Tuner Shops in the NOVA area?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:17 PM
07 NBP TL-S

yeah, I actually know I could do the install, however my time is constantly consumed but work, wife and 2 year old. I never have 3 hours to set aside anymore. In fact when I was replacing the springs and shocks on our MDX the wife came out after an hour and asked how much longer ughhh... anyway, I found someone to install it for me, and he is going to give me the shops CLK430 as a loaner for the day... so I shall..n't complain.

Let's talk more about the price of the parts and install of rear camera when you get there...

I understand where you're coming from. Hell, if I lived closer I'd do the SS install for ya. Good luck; I know you'll love the way it shifts after the mod, I do.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:27 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Contact Dennis at http://www.i-modify.com/ , just e-mail him from his website. He has done many mods and repairs for people in the NoVA area. He installed my Aspec suspension, RSB and bodykit for me. $300.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:46 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
there is this place in tysons, that i can't remember the name of. got my headers installed there, will repost when i find out name again
Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Racer

I am looking for a shop to paint and install a RonJon bodykit for me in the NOVA area. I have a good friend of mine who has used a shop called "Ultimate" which is very close to Dulles Airport. http://ultimateva.com/ They do all the High end SPorts players cars etc. I saw they have Lamborghini's and such. My Good friend swears by them but I personally have not had any work done by them and I would guess to venture that they are not the cheapest in town? Just throwing it out there for anyone that might be looking also.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Cruisin'

Ultimate is very expensive. But, if you have nice rims you might be better off getting them to mount the tires. Any other places in the area?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by conan777
I am looking for a shop to paint and install a RonJon bodykit for me in the NOVA area. I have a good friend of mine who has used a shop called "Ultimate" which is very close to Dulles Airport. http://ultimateva.com/ They do all the High end SPorts players cars etc. I saw they have Lamborghini's and such. My Good friend swears by them but I personally have not had any work done by them and I would guess to venture that they are not the cheapest in town? Just throwing it out there for anyone that might be looking also.
Ok had them do my kit... It was not a pleasant experience at all. Lets see, took close to 7 weeks to get a bodykit painted and installed (Told me 1 week)and then it was not that good anyway. Paint was not matched to the body, had scuffs and a few spots that were not sanded correctly. Rolled my fenders and and cracked the paint underneath. I'm not impressed.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Pro

The Auto Shop off of VA-28 around Sterling.

They are not cheap, but they have done my underdrive pulley and pro-cats. They are professional and know what they are doing. I will use them again to do my exhaust and BBK.

www.theautoshop.us
Old 06-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.inlinepro.com/

Check them out... They come highly recommended.