Kikazz Acura TL Type S Jandr Turbo Kit Transformation begins in 3 days 550 whp goal

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
damaged it did rubbed on the input shaft til it grinded metal away a liitle more time and this would have not been a good result

Old 03-30-2011, 01:15 AM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
I can totally understand the frustration from kikazz. Rodney, remember the 2 issues we had with my build? Broken front motor mount. Lost a whole day to that. I had to drive a 350 mile trip from long island to Connecticut to visit Excelerates shop for new mounts, then to New jersey to give Rodney the part, then back home to long island.

The second problem was the APP sensor. Had to call 12 different dealers in NY and NJ and finally found one. Another long driving trip.

We pretty much lost 2 whole days because of that. My 3 day build turned into almost a whole week.

Stuff like this happens and MUST be corrected before making some serious power. You could have easily overlooked that broken oil squirter and then next week your melting pistons.

I applaud you for your attention to detail. This is why I wont let anyone else touch my car now. If I need to fly Rodney to NY to fix an issue then Im booking with jetblue and some extra leg room to make sure hes comfortable lol

That clutch installed the wrong way is just crazy. WOW
Old 03-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Wow. Hydro locked AND bad clutch install.

Did the clutch come that way from the factory or was it replaced?

I'm with Bert and I've told Rodney that I admire his dedication and no compromise attitude. This is why I don't get upset with his delay in releasing. I know this is because he is trying to make things bulletproof.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah you can't get too frustrated with money or time issues on a serious build. Some of us (myself included) have been down that road. What matters is the end result, you don't want all of that time and energy into a project that fails because you rushed it along or decided to ignore something that could cause a problem. Rodney definitely seems like the right guy to have on a project like this. Excited to see the numbers this thing cranks out!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:41 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Man. So many gremlins. I think kikazz should get a new mechanic or fly u out to work on his car from now and on. The clutch install is total crap. I can't believe they let that out of the shop.

Good thing you inspected the car Rodney. If something would have gone wrong I'm sure the finger would've been pointed at you and it's not even your fault. Get your rest and tomoro is a new day.

Things like this come slow and if kikazz is angry at you for all of this he is in for
Then he is in for an awakening when he realizes how much dedication from him this build is going to take when it's done!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Luci is her name...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Looks like I need to get started on some mods to keep up..... You Azine people going to cost me a fortune.

Just glad my wife likes fast cars!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Safety Car

This site is bad for my wallet too. But like you, my wife likes to see me enjoy myself!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Cruisin'

Pleasure to work with the true proffessional

I would like to apologize to everyone on the forum for not sharing my experience with the build of my car before. The thing is that i have been very busy and plus i got quite overwhelmed by the latest events.
I am at the truck stop right now and still crowded for time. I have already spent over 25k on my car and apart from the money spent on rebuilding the engine, everything went to j&r. I must say that without a doubt rodney is worth every single penny of it. I can say this because i have watched him work and do his magic on my car plus i have been on the phone with him for the past 6 months and will never forget the diligence and perseverence he has shown making every effort to nurse this project.
I would love to tell you that the project succeded but i cant due to the fact that the car is still not tuned at this point. But rodney has promised to come to new york this week to put the final touches to the car and show you guys that tl can and will make a big power. I am sorry; i gotta run but promise to keep u updated daily from now on
Old 03-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kikazz
I would like to apologize to everyone on the forum for not sharing my experience with the build of my car before. The thing is that i have been very busy and plus i got quite overwhelmed by the latest events.
I am at the truck stop right now and still crowded for time. I have already spent over 25k on my car and apart from the money spent on rebuilding the engine, everything went to j&r. I must say that without a doubt rodney is worth every single penny of it. I can say this because i have watched him work and do his magic on my car plus i have been on the phone with him for the past 6 months and will never forget the diligence and perseverence he has shown making every effort to nurse this project.
I would love to tell you that the project succeded but i cant due to the fact that the car is still not tuned at this point. But rodney has promised to come to new york this week to put the final touches to the car and show you guys that tl can and will make a big power. I am sorry; i gotta run but promise to keep u updated daily from now on
I started my project a year ago and I am still not where I want to be. To me, that is a good thing. If I bolted stuff up and got what I wanted too quickly, I would be looking for something else. The fact the Rodney keeps coming up with different stuff has kept my interest. Like I said, it's hard on my wallet, but I am having fun with it.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Cruisin'

well kn tl i am sorry but i am not planning to spend that much time and still not having it done. to me time is money and it matters a lot to me
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Were you guys able to get the car tuned yet? I'm curious to see what sort of numbers you were able to hit.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Cruisin'

i spent more than a week up in my motherland Canada; that is why i had to postpone the tune; what i should probably mention is that i drove nearly 2500 miles with the car that is not tuned, on a very low restricted boost and basically the car drove fine except for the minor issues like fuel leak from a faulty fuel rail fitting, leakage from the clutch line that pretty much caused my clutch pedal to suddenly drop to the floor and i had to drive with no clutch for about three hours which i dont mind cause i never use clutch on my 18wheeler when i drive; the car is running so reach that the wideband gauge doesnt work anymore; but all of that will be fixed on friday when Rodney visits New York once again. He will install a new custom-made stainless steel braided clutch line and fix all of the minor stuff that was left behind; the car drives great and the clutch is amazing; it is unreal how fast the car pick up the boost; so gentlemen stay tuned for this friday april 15-th, 2011 for the actual dyno numbers; like i said before it has been quite a journey for the past 7 months or so and i hope that the results will be just as rewarding for me and for the guy that made it all happen- Mr RODNEY
Old 04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
where is this happening?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Burning Brakes

quiet a long drive i must say ,the car is only tuned for 5 psi currently on a boost cut by the jandr programmable ecu ,its realy a joke as the boost is building almost instantly so the boost cut chips in but all this will if all goes well will preveal on the dyno to a tune of almost 550 whp which is kikazz goal............as for wideband guage that needs to be taken out and cleaned ,otherwse i think we are ready to hit dyno and see the new jandr ecu in action ............................................
Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Advanced

Why not sell your car and use the money + the money you are going to spend and buy a better car? That is just my personal opinion.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Advanced

I just dont see why you would want 550whp on a FWD car.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Cruisin'

I'm looking forward to seeing some videos of this thing once tuned, I like people being different and pushing the limits. Good work!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,239 Likes on 703 Posts
Maybe because he wants to? How boring would this industry be if everyone just stuck to the same formula....
Old 04-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Maybe because he wants to? How boring would this industry be if everyone just stuck to the same formula....
Okay, I respect what he is doing but I don't understand why. I am not trying to bash him, I am just simply wondering why.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Im looking for a more technical answer than "because he wants to." I will just wait until he answers.

Anyway, good luck on the build.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Safety Car

Same reason I am doing this kit. I like the looks. I'm sure I could get more bang for the buck but it doesn't matter to me. Until I get tired of looking at it, I'll keep working on it.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KN_TL
Same reason I am doing this kit. I like the looks. I'm sure I could get more bang for the buck but it doesn't matter to me. Until I get tired of looking at it, I'll keep working on it.
Do you plan on taking it to the drag strip or anything? Isnt it going to be pretty hard to launch a FWD car with 550whp?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Forcefed 3
Im looking for a more technical answer than "because he wants to." I will just wait until he answers.

Anyway, good luck on the build.
I might agree with this but really? May I remind you that your in a TL forum... Not a BMW forum. I would expect this in a BMW forum...

Have fun! I am excited to see how this turns out!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Do you plan on taking it to the drag strip or anything? Isnt it going to be pretty hard to launch a FWD car with 550whp?
I'm not in it for drag racing ( atleast not from a stop ) I just like tear assing around. SCCA events maybe a little NASA road course. I don't think I will tune for 550 but 400 DD and 450 race tune sounds good.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I just dont see why you would want 550whp on a FWD car.

While I agree, the TL puts the power down surprisingly well for a FWD..... at least up to 400whp. When I say well, I mean it's not blowing the tires off from 60mph. From what I've seen, they hook well in second gear. With 50whp more, my rwd car will spin at any legal speed on street tire and that's what I expect the TL will do at the 550hp level. I think the goal will never be to cut a great 60' time but rather to not blow the tires off from a roll.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Cruisin'

You probably have all heard the famous adage that it is much more fun to drive fast in a slow car than go fast in a fast car. Anybody can build corvettes, supras, civics and even bmws but at the end of the day you gotta ask yourself a question: DID I STAND OUT OF THE CROWD? HAVE I DONE SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE? DID I REALLY PUSH THE LIMITS TO ITS EXTREME? And if you answer yes to all of the above it means that you have had a hell of a time rebuilding the car and YES IT WAS WORTH IT!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Burning Brakes

^^^^thank you kikazz well said ........
Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Safety Car

I am doing it as a learning experience and the fact I just like wrenching. I have no interest in drag racing.

I do get a kick out of watching the faces of BMW's, etc when they think they're bad ass, try to screw with me and I pull on them like they're standing still.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:54 AM
18psi

beating a vette or str8 whatever in your typical known high hp car is just another day in the park

putting 5 cars on a vette or srt8 in a boosted TL is like a topless pool party at the playboy mansion. well, not really but you get the point.

i have a highway run lined up when my build is done with a gtr. stay tuned
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by libert69
beating a vette or str8 whatever in your typical known high hp car is just another day in the park

putting 5 cars on a vette or srt8 in a boosted TL is like a topless pool party at the playboy mansion. well, not really but you get the point.

Make sure you get that on video. I wouldn't bring anything less than 550hp. I ran one in my friend's GN that goes mid 11s and from a roll it was a stalemate. We pulled him to 60mph and then it was perfectly even to 120mph. They seem to be quicker than the published hp numbers would show or this one was modified but I doubt it.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
You probably have all heard the famous adage that it is much more fun to drive fast in a slow car than go fast in a fast car. Anybody can build corvettes, supras, civics and even bmws but at the end of the day you gotta ask yourself a question: DID I STAND OUT OF THE CROWD? HAVE I DONE SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE? DID I REALLY PUSH THE LIMITS TO ITS EXTREME? And if you answer yes to all of the above it means that you have had a hell of a time rebuilding the car and YES IT WAS WORTH IT!!!
all fun and games when you got the cash to support that idea

but +1 on great build. This will be awesome and I am hoping for some videos
Old 04-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KN_TL
I am doing it as a learning experience and the fact I just like wrenching. I have no interest in drag racing.

I do get a kick out of watching the faces of BMW's, etc when they think they're bad ass, try to screw with me and I pull on them like they're standing still.
Both of these quotes are great reasons for doing something like this. When people think of TL's, no one thinks 550hp. When they see your car, they'll know it's unique and you'll feel like you helped create something new and special.

I would MUCH rather work on a car that may not be the best performing car out there and try and make it into more than it was stock than just blow all my money on a better car that's stock.

Beyond the fact that it's just plain fun setting a goal for what you want your car to turn out like and following through, it also is very satisfying for a lot of people to know that you had a hand in getting it to where it is today. You didn't just walk into a dealership and walk out with the car, you put time and effort and planning into making it something you love to turn on and drive every day. And that's really the end goal for everybody.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
18psi

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Make sure you get that on video. I wouldn't bring anything less than 550hp. I ran one in my friend's GN that goes mid 11s and from a roll it was a stalemate. We pulled him to 60mph and then it was perfectly even to 120mph. They seem to be quicker than the published hp numbers would show or this one was modified but I doubt it.
good to know thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
04Tl

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it happens def. make a video (better yet if it takes place in long island where u live ill come out to watch lol" i would love to see that
Old 04-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

surprisingly the gtr only puts either 365 or 385 to the wheels, i forget which lol.

what color is it btw? my buddys got one with 517 to the wheels
Old 04-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Comptechtl2367
I might agree with this but really? May I remind you that your in a TL forum... Not a BMW forum. I would expect this in a BMW forum...

Have fun! I am excited to see how this turns out!
Im not really sure why you're bringing BMW into this? I am not here to talk about BMW's, I am obviously here to talk about TL's.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by greco9885
surprisingly the gtr only puts either 365 or 385 to the wheels, i forget which lol.

Maybe the one I raced was modded. The car I was in was making almost 100 more hp at the wheels and 500lbs lighter and neither of us could pull on the other past 60MPH.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Advanced

While I agree, the TL puts the power down surprisingly well for a FWD..... at least up to 400whp. When I say well, I mean it's not blowing the tires off from 60mph. From what I've seen, they hook well in second gear. With 50whp more, my rwd car will spin at any legal speed on street tire and that's what I expect the TL will do at the 550hp level. I think the goal will never be to cut a great 60' time but rather to not blow the tires off from a roll.
Yeah I really like your set up, I have read a lot of your threads. Even though I wouldn't personally do this, I am curious to see how it turns out.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by greco9885

But dont forget that it is AWD. I am sure you have seen what they can do with a few modifications.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe the one I raced was modded. The car I was in was making almost 100 more hp at the wheels and 500lbs lighter and neither of us could pull on the other past 60MPH.
its possible that it had bigger turbos, and not the vspec or whatever they are called from nissan. because im pretty sure he has that

he has new intake, 110cc injectors, downpipe, dual 340l/h fuel pump, custom intercooler pipes, and runs on e85. also the dyno was done on a low reading mustang dyno. 517whp/523wtq. i think hes running 18psi too

with bigger turbos and similar mods minus e85 could see 600whp

Quick Reply: Kikazz Acura TL Type S Jandr Turbo Kit Transformation begins in 3 days 550 whp goal