Just install the Buddy Club Condenser(grounding Kit)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:08 AM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree with you Blue, that's a really good point about the mfgs not putting these on their cars stock, I can only guess that it's due to the cost. (Anyone feel free to chime in here).

According to the mfg data you can see the difference (and a few people posted the same resutls here on the Sun thread) with an oscilliscope or meter in the "cleaner" power when both kits are on the car.

Yes, you can leave your engine covers on once these are installed. The hard part like I mentioned is where to put the voltage regulator. I went to Home Depot and bought several stainless clamps, and a piece of angle iron perforated with holes, which i used both to clamp the unit securely onto the front strut tower bar. Had to position it just right so that the covers would all go back on.

Be careful taking these off if you're doing it for the first time so you don't break anything.

I ended up putting a bunch of the stickers that have come with my various kits on the engine covers, I thought it looks kind of cool (and I don't like it when people put them on their cars exterior). Comptech...a-spec..Sun..etc...

I'll try and take a picture if I get my car back from the shop today, been there for a week now...geesh...

It may help you guys figure out where you're going to mount your grounding points too...that part was fun as the instructions are very general, (at least in the Sun kit)...for cars in general..not for a TL.