Just install the Buddy Club Condenser(grounding Kit)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 12:44 AM
G35Killerrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just install the Buddy Club Condenser(grounding Kit)

i just install the grounding kit on friday nite and it is great.....got more low tq and respond @ 2nd gear is way better, my fd TL got a sunauto MR one and i feel is same as my buddy club one and i bought this buddy club grounding only for $120 and half of the $$ on the sunauto, one fd got it for $250 with install here are some pic and where i put those wire at and i waitting on my buddy club light weight battery should be here next week and i will post more pic when i got the battery as well thank you

this the battery im going to change cuz my stock battery almost dead(Ass hole body gave me a used battery when my car was repair late year )

Old 04-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Who painted and Wraped the egine cover for you? Jason
Old 04-03-2006, 10:39 AM
G35Killerrr

Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
Who painted and Wraped the egine cover for you? Jason
jason???nah i done it be myself
Old 04-03-2006, 12:39 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice pics thanks for posting them! I just installed the Sun Auto grounding and HyperVoltage kit myself this weekend, and I did a very similar mount to the strut bar using SS clamps like you did.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Ryan Christopher

Originally Posted by KenUA6
jason???nah i done it be myself
It looks good. I do the same type work, I did a complete sub box in my Prelude with red and black carbon kevlar and the amp rack in the trunk was all CF. I also did a center channel that was CF. My car is NBP and the texalium would be to much, but I had thought about doing it all CF or blue and black CF. You use a vacuum bag on it? Jason
Old 04-04-2006, 12:28 AM
G35Killerrr

Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
It looks good. I do the same type work, I did a complete sub box in my Prelude with red and black carbon kevlar and the amp rack in the trunk was all CF. I also did a center channel that was CF. My car is NBP and the texalium would be to much, but I had thought about doing it all CF or blue and black CF. You use a vacuum bag on it? Jason
oh...so u name is jason??sorry i though u were asking me is jason do it for me(i was like i donno anyone name jason) sorry for the miss understand,anyway i didnt use vacuum just tap it on with some carbon sticker it cuz i paint the cover white and i fXXk it up so i bought the SCF sticker to cover it out but it turn out very nice(i think) but some place already pop out cuz do to the heat when drive......do u have pic of urs??
Old 04-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
what are the specs on that battery?

i recently went with this one at 15.4 lbs
http://odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680mjt.htm
Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Ryan Christopher

CF and carbon kevlar install

Here is the center channel I did.

Here is the Sub Box.

And my amprack.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:29 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

how hard is it to work with CF? Your setup looks good, Black.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering if anyone here has done a before and after dyno. With this mod??? I was thinking of doing this myself. So I would really like to see some dyno sheets before and after....
Old 04-10-2006, 02:45 AM
G35Killerrr

Got the Buddy Club light weight battery installed

hey guy i just got the buddy club light weight battery installed last friday sorry don have pic yet but i will post some pic after i got off from work torr anyway the battery is soooooo damn smaller than i thought and after install the car feel little bit lighter when doing turn. the factory battery weight about 40lbs and the buddy club light weight battery one is only weight 16lbs i think that a really good thing to loose some weight on own car and i will change have my HID headlight and yellow fog light as well torr(non HID for the fog light yet ) and the headlight HID blub is going to be 6000k cuz i don really like blue and i will post some more pic torr sorry about the waitting
Old 04-15-2006, 08:27 PM
G35Killerrr

Here The Battery

Old 04-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Suzuka Master

nice, i'm thinking about relocating my battery to the trunk. mine looks about the same size as yours, its a fraction of the size of the stock battery and seems difficult to mount.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Ryan Christopher

Originally Posted by ITL
how hard is it to work with CF? Your setup looks good, Black.
It really depends on the surface. A flat surface alot easier to work with. If you really want to do it, its best to get a vacuum bag, saves so much time. That is going to be one of my next purchases.

Thank you, I put alot of time into do all that work, but now I no longer have the car, but wouldn't give up the TL now!!

Jason
Old 04-19-2006, 02:31 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice, I would have gone with the black tie wraps, it's only $.99 for a bag of 100....and the battery is so small, is there any warranty on the life span of the battery??...thanks

Old 04-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Suzuka Master

any problems with it sliding around?
Old 04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Suzuka Master

just installed my odyssey... i wieghed both batteries. i shaved off a little over 21 lbs. There is a metal casing on my odyssey which can be removed to save another lb. I left it on.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:50 AM
G35Killerrr

Originally Posted by CleanCL
any problems with it sliding around?

nope it hold very strong
Old 04-20-2006, 12:52 AM
G35Killerrr

[QUOTE=HEK]nice, I would have gone with the black tie wraps, it's only $.99 for a bag of 100....and the battery is so small, is there any warranty on the life span of the battery??...thanks

warranty?? i dont think so and dont really care about it, just like the CAI
Old 04-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a fan of the engine without the engine schrouds on. but I'm looking to install either a sun or buddy club grounding kit also. What other colors do they make it in......please say a plain black or silver. Sorry the blue is not my style good job though!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Correct me if I'm wrong but the wiring appears to be standard 4 or 0 gauge amp wiring. If that's the case I could just replace it with a different color or length? I will be installing my RSB this weekend and looking at this as my next project. Thanks
Old 04-20-2006, 01:40 PM
I like to whistle in my

Wow! that is tiny. I might have to look into one of those.

How much did it cost?

Anyone know how big the battery is with the CTSC installed?
I like that though. free's up a lot of space. i might have to look in to both of these for the future
Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 PM
G35Killerrr

Originally Posted by lembowski
Not a fan of the engine without the engine schrouds on. but I'm looking to install either a sun or buddy club grounding kit also. What other colors do they make it in......please say a plain black or silver. Sorry the blue is not my style good job though!
I not a Blue style as well but only have blue >< well is half of the $$ than sun and dose the same thing
Old 04-20-2006, 02:04 PM
G35Killerrr

Originally Posted by King of Pain
Correct me if I'm wrong but the wiring appears to be standard 4 or 0 gauge amp wiring. If that's the case I could just replace it with a different color or length? I will be installing my RSB this weekend and looking at this as my next project. Thanks

I think u can do, I was thinking to do it b4,i saw some on ebay but i don really turth those cuz is only saling $20 like 6-8 wire
Old 04-20-2006, 02:06 PM
G35Killerrr

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
Wow! that is tiny. I might have to look into one of those.

How much did it cost?

I like that though. free's up a lot of space. i might have to look in to both of these for the future

I getting for $120 from my fd and one need it can PM me cuz i saw those on ebay is cost 160 shipped and the grounding is $140
Old 04-20-2006, 02:15 PM
G35Killerrr

I will Relocate the grounding kit this weekend ( too close to the engine ) i will post the pic after im done

and king of pain im going to do the CT/RSB next next week as well and 12000K HID headlight blub too

so how close is ur place to mira loma??
Old 04-21-2006, 04:06 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
What does the grounding kit do? Sorry.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:22 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

I located the condenser unit next to the fuse box in the engine compartment.

If you look on that shelf between the drivers side front fender and the fuse box there is a tapped hole. I just ground down 2 of the fuse box fins and a bit of the last and the unit fit in there like a glove. Connected the engine block and transmission, still looking for a third point where I don't have to take off wheel and wheel well liner to access a point.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Instructor

I feel like an idiot, buti dont understand how this part helps make engine power?

please help this lost soul. thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 02:27 AM
6speed NBP

Yeah.... so what does this condenser unit do?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:33 AM
G35Killerrr

Originally Posted by EternaLlx
Yeah.... so what does this condenser unit do?

http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/top_m.html
Old 05-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Racer

I had a grounding kit on my 350Z and a lot of people said they felt it helped (as judged by the butt dyno) but when I put mine in, I felt nothing. Just my experience. Maybe it does more on the TL...
Old 05-01-2006, 04:24 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/EGS/egs.php

I installed the Sun Automotive Hypergrounding kit, different manufacturer same thing. Basically, you're losing a lot of power in a stock vehicle electrical system (electrical power, not HP power), due to small / inadequate grounds caused by small ground wires. Think of your stereo, bigger / better speaker wires are generally better due to less signal loss, same theory.

This article explains it in more depth, and shows how you can lose up to 7% of electricity due to these issues, which then translates into lost HP.

http://www.sunautomobile.com/

The best way to think of it as the voltage stabilizer + the grounding kit kind of "Cleans" your power so it's less spiky, more "noise" free. Since today's cars are highly electronic, computerized machines, having cleaner power results in better hp/torque, better mpg, less stereo noise / interference / etc.

My car seems slightly more powerful since I added it, it's a marginal increase so it would be really hard to quantify it unless you dyno the car but I figured I'd do it anyhow, it's an easy upgrade, not too expensive, and certainly doesn't hurt anything. Hardest part for me was figuring out where to ground the grounding kit and where to mount the darn voltage regulator since the engine compartment is pretty tight.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:44 PM
G35Killerrr

Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
I had a grounding kit on my 350Z and a lot of people said they felt it helped (as judged by the butt dyno) but when I put mine in, I felt nothing. Just my experience. Maybe it does more on the TL...

Im have a fd own a Z and he did the same grounding kit i had he said he counldnt feel anything as well....im thinking is cuz Z had more Low tq so u guy wont fell to much different and i got a fd told me that honda car + grounding kit it feel more than other factory car but donno is turth or not
Old 05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KenUA6
Im have a fd own a Z and he did the same grounding kit i had he said he counldnt feel anything as well....im thinking is cuz Z had more Low tq so u guy wont fell to much different and i got a fd told me that honda car + grounding kit it feel more than other factory car but donno is turth or not
Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems reading this?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:41 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

We do have spell check here, but what about hooked on phonics check????
Old 05-01-2006, 07:38 PM
The Boss

It's half size of your current battery. M51R is quite small...
Old 05-01-2006, 07:40 PM
The Boss

How much did it cost?

The battery CTSC requires is 51R, fairly small

http://www.ibsa.com/estore/search.as...Group&N=0&js=1
Old 05-01-2006, 09:52 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by gqchicago
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/EGS/egs.php

I installed the Sun Automotive Hypergrounding kit, different manufacturer same thing. Basically, you're losing a lot of power in a stock vehicle electrical system (electrical power, not HP power), due to small / inadequate grounds caused by small ground wires. Think of your stereo, bigger / better speaker wires are generally better due to less signal loss, same theory.

This article explains it in more depth, and shows how you can lose up to 7% of electricity due to these issues, which then translates into lost HP.

http://www.sunautomobile.com/

The best way to think of it as the voltage stabilizer + the grounding kit kind of "Cleans" your power so it's less spiky, more "noise" free. Since today's cars are highly electronic, computerized machines, having cleaner power results in better hp/torque, better mpg, less stereo noise / interference / etc.

My car seems slightly more powerful since I added it, it's a marginal increase so it would be really hard to quantify it unless you dyno the car but I figured I'd do it anyhow, it's an easy upgrade, not too expensive, and certainly doesn't hurt anything. Hardest part for me was figuring out where to ground the grounding kit and where to mount the darn voltage regulator since the engine compartment is pretty tight.
Thanks for the explanation.

The thing I don't understand about these types of improvements is why the car makers aren't building them into the cars in the first place, if they're so effective. It seems to me in this competitive market, manufacturers would be doing whatever they can reasonably do to maximize engine efficiency. The cost of a grounding kit to a manufacturer would be very little compared to the kinds of gains that many are reporting. If a few dollars' worth of parts can eek out enough extra foot-pounds of torque to be felt, why wouldn't they do it, especially with all the other claimed benefits, such as better MPG and cleaner audio?

The skeptic in me would like to see true dyno comparisons of before and after a grounding kit is added.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:01 AM
Instructor

I just ordered mine, be here thursday! Can I install this and keep the covers on my engine?

Quick Reply: Just install the Buddy Club Condenser(grounding Kit)