I'm The New Guy With 08 TL & Looking For Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008 | 12:20 PM
Cruisin'

I'm The New Guy With 08 TL & Looking For Parts

Hi guy I'm the new guy and I just got a brand new Acura TL 2008 for Christmas that black on black. I'm only 17 years old and my parents didn't want me to do anything to my car since its new, (but i must follow my heart ). So i added a intake system already without them knowing and I was wondering if an you guys can help my find a exhaust system and rims for it.

Since its new 08 there not anything out for it beside Acura dealer ship parts. But I put intake that was for a 2007 and it fit. I'm looking for good stuff that will make it better and nice so I'll be worthy of this TL community. I will soon post a picture of my car and just wondering if anyone else have and 08 TL?
Old 01-13-2008 | 12:32 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Nice color choice
Exhaust - AcuraTLParts.com - Full Catback system, looks almost stock SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE STOCK
Acurazine vendor Aznbo187 - https://acurazine.com/forums/members/aznbo187-184952/

P2R Throttle Body Spacer - Contact Excelerate he is one of the vendors here
Acurazine vendor Excelerate - https://acurazine.com/forums/members/excelerate-25144/

that should keep you busy for a while
Old 01-13-2008 | 12:39 PM
Drifting

07 and 08 are the same....

Any rims that are 5x114.3 will fit. Alot of people have rims on this site, you can visit the photo gallery section and see. UA-Siks has some crazy nice rims, and his whip is on airbags!

But yeah, the ATLP exhaust is goin crazy, waiting to get mine and get it installed.

If you want, theres the Aspec kit that acura has. It's simple, and accents the car well

PS. Just having a TL makes you worthy of this community
Old 01-13-2008 | 06:22 PM
Cruisin'

Thx guys for the tips and link to buy parts for my HOT TL, but I'll have to see first and I just want to wait til more people reply any other options on this thread, then i'll made my decision. But I'm feel the link you gave me though and thx again.

One more question is there like two different crew or something because I was looking at some other forums on this site and run into these two words what WDP and NBP are they like mod types of a TL???
Old 01-13-2008 | 07:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Color Codes

WDP = White Diamond Pearl. Elegant and Smart. The Executive type; Doers not Talkers. The Good in "Good versus Evil"

NBP = Nighthawk Black Pearl. Brash, Loud and Showy; Wannabees. The Evil in "Good versus Evil"

It's a never ending battle. lol

Old 01-13-2008 | 07:47 PM
Senior Moderator

those are colors, White Diamond Pearl and NightHawk Black Pearl. Also theres SSM, silver satin Metallic, ASM, Alabaster Silver Metallic, CGP, Carbon Grey Pearl, AM, Anthracite Metallic, and so forth.
Old 01-14-2008 | 12:01 AM
.:KCCO:.

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Color Codes

WDP = White Diamond Pearl. Elegant and Smart. The Executive type; Doers not Talkers. The Good in "Good versus Evil"

NBP = Nighthawk Black Pearl. Brash, Loud and Showy; Wannabees. The Evil in "Good versus Evil"

It's a never ending battle. lol

indeed my friend, indeed. NBP also stands for Nothing But Poo

hahaha
Old 01-14-2008 | 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Well you said you have an intake so there is the P2R Throttle Body Spacer, UR Pulley, any catback exhaust for the 04+ TL will fit but it might come close to the lip, TEIN coilovers, TEIN springs, Progress Rear Sway Bar, ROTORA or STOPTECH slotted or drilled/slotted discs and pads, SS Brake lines, etc

Email me or PM me if you need any of them. excelerate@sbcglobal.net
Old 01-14-2008 | 12:55 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
indeed my friend, indeed. NBP also stands for Nothing But Poo

hahaha

Your Just jealous you didnt get an NBP!!!

But anyhow did you get a Type-S or Base? If you are thinking about exhaust a quad tip will require you to cut your bumper up and get a Type-S Aspec rear lip or you could just change the whole bumper to the Type S.

If you go with suspension, get the tein SS and an EDFC, otherwise you should run the car around for a week or so, that way you can adjust the suspension to your desired setting.

Now if you looking for mods that your parents won't notice Then go with Progress RSB, Slotted brakes, SS brake lines, P2R throttle body spacer, do the interior light mod (cheap)... You really need to do searches and just peruse the forum... So much info and you will find it faster than waiting for people to respond.
Old 01-14-2008 | 01:29 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

So... your parents buy you a TL, because they're obviously awesome parents... and now you want to go behind their back's and against their wishes?

Just playing devil's advocate...
Old 01-14-2008 | 07:53 PM
Racer

imo, rj legends in gunmetel (watevr they call it on their site) will look amazing on a type s, im considering it also.
my dad bought his type s when i was 17, and while he lets me do stuff to it (tints, blackouts and a cai), its not mine till i graduate college
Old 01-15-2008 | 08:02 AM
Safety Car

ok, i am going to be the bad guy here...

its very cool that your parents got you a really nice car, but the last thing you or anyone else need is a 17 year old spoiled brat hot rodding up and down the street drawing all kinds of attention to himself with a NOISY exhaust system...stealth is better my man, trust me, i was you 20 years ago only i was doing it with sportbikes...with noise comes tickets and pissed off neighbors and parents...
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:29 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by vinnier6

its very cool that your parents got you a really nice car, but the last thing you or anyone else need is a 17 year old spoiled brat hot rodding up and down the street drawing all kinds of attention to himself with a NOISY exhaust system...stealth is better my man, trust me, i was you 20 years ago only i was doing it with sportbikes...with noise comes tickets and pissed off neighbors and parents...

Hey yo I totally agree with you about the NOISY part. I don't want a Noisy exhaust system I know my parent would like that, I just want to make my TL more of a car show type and also I'm not 17 year old spoiled brat.

I work for that TL, I graduate high school with a high school diploma in 3 years and my parent couldn't get me a car for graduating early so they got me one for Christmas. One more thing I help pay payments on the car okay, so don't talk like you know me because its already hard enough for me to help due payments, wanting to hook up my car, and trying to save money to go to college in the fall.
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:42 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by knighthawk
Hey yo I totally agree with you about the NOISY part. I don't want a Noisy exhaust system I know my parent would like that, I just want to make my TL more of a car show type and also I'm not 17 year old spoiled brat.

I work for that TL, I graduate high school with a high school diploma in 3 years and my parent couldn't get me a car for graduating early so they got me one for Christmas. One more thing I help pay payments on the car okay, so don't talk like you know me because its already hard enough for me to help due payments, wanting to hook up my car, and trying to save money to go to college in the fall.
if your trying to save money for college, then you cant afford the car or the insurance that goes with it...lets not forget about gas, at 45-50 bucks a fill up...you got that kind of cash laying around do you??...like i said, i am not trying to bust your chops or anything, i think its cool, that 17 year old kids think my car is the s hit, but the reality of it is a 35+ thousand dollar car is aimed at folks making 100k a year...otherwise, its tough making 500+ dollar a month payments, 45 bucks a week in fuel, and god knows how much in insurance for the under 30 crowd...

good luck in school!!
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:43 AM
Cruisin'

Hey yo I totally agree with you about the NOISY part. I don't want a Noisy exhaust system, I prefer the stealth one even though it will give me less Horse Power. But I know my parent would like that better, I just want to make my TL more of a car show type and also I'm not 17 year old spoiled brat.I work for that TL, I graduate high school with a high school diploma in 3 years and my parent couldn't get me a car for graduating early so they got me one for Christmas.

One more thing I help pay payments on the car okay, so don't talk like you know me because its already hard enough for me to go to work to help due payments, wanting to hook up my car, and trying to save money to go to college in the fall. So you do the math alright, I might even not get to do these things to my car but its my first car and its something I would like to do for a hobby.
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:59 AM
Cruisin'

if your trying to save money for college, then you cant afford the car or the insurance that goes with it...lets not forget about gas, at 45-50 bucks a fill up...you got that kind of cash laying around do you??...like i said, i am not trying to bust your chops or anything, i think its cool, that 17 year old kids think my car is the s hit, but the reality of it is a 35+ thousand dollar car is aimed at folks making 100k a year...otherwise, its tough making 500+ dollar a month payments, 45 bucks a week in fuel, and god knows how much in insurance for the under 30 crowd...

good luck in school!!
Hey Look I know about all that stuff that why I say I might not even get to do these things to my car. But before I forget, how about I tell you about some of my hook ups I get. I have one friend who works at the gas station which equal free premium gas and one of my other friend works at Acura Dealer ship okay which equal free car wash,oil change, and discount aparts. All my friends are really into car and also my friend brother owns a body shop/ garage.So I was thinking I want to enter my car in HIN this year in Oct. I think its a 70% chance that something might go my way.
Old 01-16-2008 | 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

WOW, you have nice parents. OK, on to your question.
I have an "07 TL-S A/T CBP/Taupe, that I swore I would leave alone.
I have no desire to modify the suspension (perfect the way it is), change wheels, or tint (death penalty in Ohio).
But then my bro gave me an early xmas present to pay 1/2 the fee for the Acura 2 day High Performance Driving School at MidOhio Raceway. Big mistake!
In the last 2 weeks I've added a P2R thermoblock with gaskets from Excelerate, K&N intake, and Braille all season lightweight battery (15 lbs.) from Tirerack. I will probably stop here until the tires wear out, and replace my 235/45/17 Michelin Pilot A/S's with 245/40/17's from Tirerack using the stock wheels.
I love it just the way it is
I vow never to grow up!
Old 01-16-2008 | 12:52 PM
J35A8

lol, I'm dreading the 1st performance part I buy because I know it's addictive and will be never-ending.
Old 01-16-2008 | 01:07 PM
LyfeIs what you make it!

Originally Posted by shubysingh
imo, rj legends in gunmetel (watevr they call it on their site) will look amazing on a type s, im considering it also.

Dont know much about exhausts but I've been seeing alot of stuff about the ATLP.