Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Sec's Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I said before, I was JOKING. I wasn't referring to ANYTHING. I'm sorry you didn't get a sense of humor at birth. Maybe someday I can be cool like you.

And just for clarification, YOU are junior. You haven't given me a nickname like cupcake has.

I said it before and I'll say it again, a quaalude or 10 would do wonders for your personality.

Originally Posted by asu_lee
Wait.....so you said this next to my avatar and you were talking about a TL? I'm the moron? Ahhhhh.....I see.

But you bring up a good idea......maybe my re050s will fit on the rims. Time to PMl Jim at tire rack.

Thanks Junior.
-Lee
Old 05-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
ok every one gets the point now so lets all chill or i start handing out warnings and lock this down
Old 05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
i dont know why this still needs to be open. when hondata releases something there will be a point. if someone buys their intake manifold gasket they can start a new thread about it. right now they are testing several TL's and will decide where to go from there. thats about all there is to it
Old 05-10-2006, 02:35 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by asu_lee
You told me not to post as I have only posted 5 times and apparently that is not enough posts to post anything "good". I never said to call hondata you did. (Where did you get the idea I said to call Hondata? I think the point was the exact opposite Mr Engineer. What kind of Engineer are you....and does it not require a minimal amt of comprehension of reading?)

To address #3...I am an Engineer. I'm pretty sure I know I can post about engines. As I wrote code that rides on an engine menagement (can the engineer spell?) system. So I know more about that then you do cupcake...(For an Engineer, you sure dont spell really well nor use proper grammer CHEESEDOG! Are you pretty sure...cause I have NEVER known an Engineer that was worth a shit say they were pretty sure about anything....ususally they are damn sure...who exactly are you trying to convince here about your sureness?)

Finally I am a moderator on another board.

XO
-Lee
Gee big guy....for an engineer....you have absolutely no sense of spelling or grammer either? And the statement "I wrote code?" Is it I write or I wrote? Cause if its I wrote....that kind of goes along with the "Im pretty sure" statement...cause I can tell you for certain what I am damn sure about at this point.....lol. And whats with all this Cupcake talk.....you are making me hungry man! So...I would say if you are a moderator on another board....there must be some reason you found a need to come over to Acurazine......probably because it was FAR and above superior to the board you are a moderator on...or back to another past point.....you have an old axe to grind back here on AZ? And I think you need to take some classes on reading comprehension too.....cause your entire post above couldnt be farther from the truth....I NEVER said to call Hondata....I believe that is the exact opposite of what I said...so for an Engineer....your comprehension in reading is a bit lacking here buddy. Nor did I tell you to not post because you only have 5 posts....it is your attitude and tone that led to this statement.....not your post count. Your post count merely points out your newbie status here on this forum and to some degree....your additions or participation in the forum as a whole. And for an engineer....you have not much grace or tact as most highly educated people I know have and truely seem to have yourself worked up into a frenzy that truely...I am still laughing about, given high level of education you state you hold and all....

Now...lets see if an educated guy like youself can keep himself out of the ooohhh...lets say about 6 or 7 pitfalls I left for you in this post that are merely your own mis-guided statements or assertions mirrored back...then we will all know and respect your superiority. It isnt hard to tell when somebody is talking out the side of their neck....and this guy is one of those cases. Good luck to you.....nuff said.

BTW...kind of agree...close the thread....no real need for it till Hondata releases something formally, although the info they did provide as well as the others was good info to have! And unless they sent the people here to start the thread (doubt it)....my guess is...they would just assume it not be here yet.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by typeR
ok every one gets the point now so lets all chill
As they say....I am witcha!

Old 05-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is this thread still about Hondata Flash .

Also Lee, don't think that you are the only Engineer (which you misspelled) on the forum, and that you are the only one with an education. Not to mention the number of mechanic's on the site as well.

But more to the point, Hondata had just stated that using the Tstat and Fanswitch should not be used in all cases, as it will cause the car to run rich. Like you I have run these to help keep the temp of the car down. In autoX it is very good thing, but for drag racing it is not so great. As an engineer you would understand this, as the car will not be at optimal temp.

I was aware of what was going on with Hondata before anyone here had been contacted by them for testing. I had gathered dyno charts for them to go over to see where the gains could be made, and I wa asked NOT to post this knowledge. So I would have to assume that they asked the same of the person that started this thread. I had talked with Doug at Hondata for some time about the project with the TL. I personally don't want to see the research stoped because of people calling them to find out if they can get it done.

So please DON'T call them, they will post or have someone post that it is ready!!!

Jason
Old 05-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Import and Domestic owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
Is this thread still about Hondata Flash .

I was aware of what was going on with Hondata before anyone here had been contacted by them for testing. I had gathered dyno charts for them to go over to see where the gains could be made, and I wa asked NOT to post this knowledge. So I would have to assume that they asked the same of the person that started this thread. I had talked with Doug at Hondata for some time about the project with the TL. I personally don't want to see the research stoped because of people calling them to find out if they can get it done.

So please DON'T call them, they will post or have someone post that it is ready!!!

Jason
Yea I agree, I dont want them to stop this project because of a few being a pain in the ass. Including myself. Ill admit it. I am hoping for something for the f/i 3rd gen TLs, with some gains like the TSX. I agree this thread should be closed. If I never knew anything about a reflash being designed for our car I wouldnt be impatient. Just knowing that they are working on something, has everyone fighting and can end up pissing them off. I would rather not know anything and when they came out with it for sale it would be a suprise and it would of worked out better for everyone. Just my