Help: UR Racing Pulley and P2R Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Question Help: UR Racing Pulley and P2R Throttle Body Spacer

Noob question:

How do UR racing pulleys and p2r throttle body spacer effect performance. Probably I should ask what do the stock ones do, and how do these increase the performance? I was reading that it gives hp and torque gains, but how? And how does a p2r throttle spacer increase performance. To be honest, I don't know what it is. Also does anyone know what is the hp gain on an aem v2 cai and also on a atlp j-pipe?

Answers to the questions will be well appreciated!!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the throttle bottle spacer apparently reduces intake temperatures, the pulley dosen't necssarliy give u more hp but frees up some ponies because it's light weight the stock pulley is like 8lbs i think
Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
The pulley was a noticeable change for me. Seemed to rev quicker and was smoother.

The spacer is highly debated here. Other than lowering IAT, it's supposed to be able to 'store' more charge.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Throttle body spacer? Pros? Cons? (click here)

The pulley is not about HP gain. Thus, the dyno might not reflect a gain.

The pulley is about dynamic weight loss. The dynamic weight loss from the UR Pulley is equivalent to removing 100 lbs from the car. And, a 100-lb reduction in weight is good for 1/10 reduction (one car length) in your 1/4 mile ET.

Don't worry much about stock size or undersize. The gains come from the lightweight, not from the diameter.

The pulley is about dynamic weight loss. There is a weird, inexplicable phenomenon that happens when gaining performance via weight reduction. I can not explain how or why this phenomenon occurs! But from my experiences with removing weight from my car (from small chunks to big chunks), the phenomenon is real. When gaining performance improvements derived from weight reduction, you will feel *less* g-force after the weight reduction mod. Therefore, do not use the sensation of increased g-force (aka, Butt Dyno) to evaluate the performance improvements from the UR Pulley... it won't be there.

This inexplicable phenomenon is "at play" when people say "It revs-out quicker but doesn't feel quicker". I read this comment often in regards to the pulley. I agree that it does rev quicker. However, I do not agree with the attitude in which it is stated. It is implied that "yes, it revs quicker but the car is not quicker." Now, think about this for a second. How can the engine rev quicker without the car gaining the respective MPH too ??? The transmission gearing did Not change. The car *is* quicker.

KN_TL - BTW, my reply is *not* directed at you. I was actually composing this reply before I had even seen your post.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
No worries inaccurate.

I was just giving my experience knowing that there was no gain in HP.

As far as quickness, unless you're on a strip or taking timings somehow, I don't know how anyone can just say it made things quicker. A lot of people simulate things in their heads just because they've bolted something on.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
honestly i've read so much on both of these and for the money - go with J-pipe. J-pipe would be 100% sasisfaction guarantee.