Have question about Comptech SuperCharge now known as CT-Engineering.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have question about Comptech SuperCharge now known as CT-Engineering.

Hello everyone! I have an Acura TL Type S 2008. I was wondering if it's okay to have this type of supercharger for my Automatic Transmission? I mean, I hear about it for Manual but I have not once heard about it being on an Automatic Transmission before.

I was thinking about buying it from someone in VA and have it install too while I'm there. Can anyone on this forum please tell me what to expect and the out-come of slightly modifying it to make it fit. I have no problem with it being slightly modified to make it fit but it can be done.

Just want to know if it's safe for my auto trans. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Yes it's fine to run it in a auto TL. Many have done it and it worked fine, a tranny cooler will help to the tranny running right.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Chapter Leader (Central Florida)

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Doesnt it need to be modified to fit the Type-S?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
I think it's just another elbow from comptech and the AEM Fic to control the fuel injectors. You need to increase the plusewith of the fuel injectors since the Comptech black box tuning will not work right. I think this is a great way to go for relatively low buck forced induction. Making power in this car is getting cheaper but is still very expensive since the percentage of TL drivers who modify their cars is very small. My car ran like a bat out of hell when I was running the supercharger, the whine and power is a ton of fun.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
It's safe. However, for the TL-S, you will need to run the AEM FI/C and make some slight modifications to the kit. With the parts and tune you will probably end up spending $1000-$1500 extra over the price of the kit itself.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:11 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
It's safe. However, for the TL-S, you will need to run the AEM FI/C and make some slight modifications to the kit. With the parts and tune you will probably end up spending $1000-$1500 extra over the price of the kit itself.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you for every replies! I guess that's exactly what I'm going to do. I've spoken to a guy about this already and he got one in his TL. I'm changing out the fuel injector, piggy back ECU and adding the transmission cooler as well. I know there will be alot of money being spent to get all of this running right. As long as it's done right I don't mind spending money at all.

I got everything done from the interior to exterior already. I'll be posting a picture soon. The engine is all there is left for me to do. I was thinking about putting NOS in it at first but come to think it over again. It's a very bad idea and I've been warn about it that it can blow up my engine faster than a turbo or supercharger if I don't use it right.

I came across CT-Engineering supercharger and fell in love with it. Yes, I understand that there will be a slight modification but I'm willing to sacrifice that part just to get it fit on there. I don't plan on selling my car after I'm done paying for it because I wasn't expecting to get a 2008 TL Type S but somehow the dealer and lender got my approved for it and I was off to the road with it. I was shock and surprise because I was looking to get an 2007 TL Type S which is a little bit cheaper but ended up with a Type S.

Once again, thank you everyone for take the time and responding to my post!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by reliableakura
Thank you for every replies! I guess that's exactly what I'm going to do. I've spoken to a guy about this already and he got one in his TL. I'm changing out the fuel injector, piggy back ECU and adding the transmission cooler as well. I know there will be alot of money being spent to get all of this running right. As long as it's done right I don't mind spending money at all.

I got everything done from the interior to exterior already. I'll be posting a picture soon. The engine is all there is left for me to do. I was thinking about putting NOS in it at first but come to think it over again. It's a very bad idea and I've been warn about it that it can blow up my engine faster than a turbo or supercharger if I don't use it right.

I came across CT-Engineering supercharger and fell in love with it. Yes, I understand that there will be a slight modification but I'm willing to sacrifice that part just to get it fit on there. I don't plan on selling my car after I'm done paying for it because I wasn't expecting to get a 2008 TL Type S but somehow the dealer and lender got my approved for it and I was off to the road with it. I was shock and surprise because I was looking to get an 2007 TL Type S which is a little bit cheaper but ended up with a Type S.

Once again, thank you everyone for take the time and responding to my post!
If you need any of the parts let us know. We can help you out.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Excelerate
If you need any of the parts let us know. We can help you out.
You're definitely the one who I will need to speak to soon. Because I need alot of parts and upgrade for that supercharger to go in my car. I'll keep you updated and let you know what I'll be needing. Thanks!