GHL Motorsports to design 3G TL exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:29 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
^-sorta. those look awful. the inner tip would be out further than the outer one. that way they would appear more flush with the bumper instead of sticking out and giving a strong angle to the otherwise rounded bumper. also i assume there would be two whole tips, not 1.5
Old 07-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
^-sorta. those look awful. the inner tip would be out further than the outer one. that way they would appear more flush with the bumper instead of sticking out and giving a strong angle to the otherwise rounded bumper. also i assume there would be two whole tips, not 1.5

ohh ok..thanks sub. i think i got the point of how its gonna look. It would be nice if there are 2 options for tips because i can tell that some people arent gonna go for the staggered tips. But i thank Twigg for startin this and getting more options for us to look at

Travis
Old 07-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
Old 07-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Moved to the LOU

Originally Posted by Acuracy
ohh ok..thanks sub. i think i got the point of how its gonna look. It would be nice if there are 2 options for tips because i can tell that some people arent gonna go for the staggered tips. But i thank Twigg for startin this and getting more options for us to look at

Travis

Yea, people are not going to agree on tips. I would like the staggered but maybe we will just go with the stock looking tips. I'm planning on going next Saturday for fitment, testing, etc. I will take pics and get everyhting up so you can all see.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Noo...please try to make the staggered work!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:52 PM
6speed NBP

I would like something like our stock tips but the exiting hole be the size of the whole tip, not just a tip mounted to a small circle exiting hole... if you understand what am saying.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by twigglius
This exhaust will be cheaper than Comptech and I have no doubt it will be better.
How can you say the GHL exhaust will be better than the Comptech exhaust without having even seen one in production yet? I highly doubt there will be any significant changes in the exhaust design besides the tips.

Also, no matter what you do or change the GHL exhaust is not going to make more power than the Comptech exhaust; maybe 1-2 whp more if they really really spend a lot of time on flow testing. Comptech does a lot of R&D on their systems and stock exhaust is pretty free flowing so there won't be much hp gains no matter what exhaust you put on.

I am a dealer for GHL and their product is a good product but don't expect something miraculous out of their exhaust. Maybe you will save $100 but that is about it.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

dont tell me they make it in China also!

j/k josh,trying to give you a hard time
Old 07-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Moved to the LOU

Originally Posted by Excelerate
How can you say the GHL exhaust will be better than the Comptech exhaust without having even seen one in production yet? I highly doubt there will be any significant changes in the exhaust design besides the tips.

Also, no matter what you do or change the GHL exhaust is not going to make more power than the Comptech exhaust; maybe 1-2 whp more if they really really spend a lot of time on flow testing. Comptech does a lot of R&D on their systems and stock exhaust is pretty free flowing so there won't be much hp gains no matter what exhaust you put on.

I am a dealer for GHL and their product is a good product but don't expect something miraculous out of their exhaust. Maybe you will save $100 but that is about it.
You don't have to have the same outlook on the subject that I have.

People are looking for an alternative that sounds better and costs less. I am trying to accomplish this by working with GHL Motorsports.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

You don't have to have the same outlook on the subject that I have.

People are looking for an alternative that sounds better and costs less. I am trying to accomplish this by working with GHL Motorsports.
I understand the desire to get another exhaust out there. That's fine. I was just wondering how you say that the GHL exhaust was better than the Comptech exhaust without having even seen one, especially since it's not even in production yet.

Phesto you jokester GHL makes a good product, not that cheap ebay stuff from overseas.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 212 Likes on 130 Posts
I hate the way CT exhausts look, looks like a round peg in a square hole...
Old 07-10-2006, 02:27 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by trancemission
I hate the way CT exhausts look, looks like a round peg in a square hole...
I agree, though it is starting to grow on me. Either that or I'm just getting used to it.

I still miss my OEM tips, stupid valet.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The CT exhaust is a great system, but that big coffee can in the back just doesn't belong on the back of a TL. I have heard teh CT and like the sound, I just don't care for the look. The magnaflow I wouldn't do with out hearing it in person and being able to do it as a bolt on and not a hack. When I (if I) go to sell the car, I want to be able to return it to stock. This is why I like the idea of another bolt on exhaust. As for the tips, they need to remain some what like stock. Maybe full chrome or Titanium. Ti tips would give a cool look. It would more then likely take the cost up, but look cool.

As for the offset, we will have to wait and see what the pictures look like. Then we can all judge from there.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Instructor

I seen a porsche Cayenne-S today, I would like to see if tips like those would fit on the TL.

Old 07-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SGT SLAUGHTER
I seen a porsche Cayenne-S today, I would like to see if tips like those would fit on the TL.

I doubt it, the cut out for the TL is too small for that.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:43 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

Originally Posted by aznbo187
I doubt it, the cut out for the TL is too small for that.
maybe not for a single one of those
Old 07-10-2006, 08:46 PM
One on the right for me

The cayenne gives you a pretty good idea of how it would look though. I'd really consider tips like that depending on what, if anything, is developed
Old 07-13-2006, 01:16 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Twigglius, sorry for the late reply... Just got in from visiting the family all last week. Jeff asked me to pass on to you that he's gettign thumb surgery next week, but will be looking to hook up with you around the 24th of July for a prototype build. I/We sincerely appreciate your efforts in this venture. GHL will probably "hook you up" for being the test pig.

Josh,
As much as I appreciate your support as an Acurazine supporting vendor, I disagree with your statements below.

After spending almost and hour on the the phone with Jeff and Brian (the OWNERS of GHL Motorsports) yesterday, neither knew of you or your business. I can only suspect your "dealer status" of GHL product is merely through buying through another of the hundreds of GHL retailers out there, adding markup, and reselling... much like my Comptech rear sway bar I bought from you that came with the nopi.com label still on it. I don't think you know GHL as a company or a product to make some of those statements. I'm not here to poo poo CT or Excelerate, but certainly your poo pooing of this vendors product before it's ever produced send the wrong message to folks who want to support us. We all know the aftermarket for the TL stinks, and we should be ENCOURAGING develpment intiatives.

From a design perspective, sure, an exhaust system is nothing more than pipes and tubing, so I can't imagine how the end product CAN be dramatically different that Comptechs. It's also pretty common knowledge that the CT cat-back (or any custom job) will NOT yield any significant power gains on the TL. It seems Acura installed a very free flowing system at the factory, so all you're really buying is a few HP, a nice sound, and some some style points.

GHL custom fabricates thier own line of mufflers, and has a PATENT for it... these are not magnaflow/borla or any other chinese can that has been thrown together as a kit like many cat-backs out there. This means the GHL system will be custom tuned to our application, with a specific set of mufflers/tuning applied. I don't expect much HP gains, but I do expect to get all that's possible from an exhaust sytems without gaining "too much" noise. Also remember, GHL is a direct supporter of multiple race teams... and that R&D and design experience will be brought to this system, as with every system.

With all this said, what will GHL producing this do for us?

1) Competition. Right now CT's THE only game in town with regards to a bolt on cat-back... and the price reflects it. GHL is looking to introduce this completely bolt on exhaust for around $100 bucks less (maybe more in a GB) than the CT system. Better stainless, better craftsmanship, a slight performance bump, and a great sound (with tips that will look imminently better) for over $100 LESS than the CT on a groubuy. What could be wrong with that?

2) Better quality materials and finish. I can't speak to the specifcs of the stainless steel GHL uses, but it's incredible. “American Made” T-304 & T-321 -Bulletproof, heavy gauge, and fully polished. After 3 years and 40K miles years of Northern Virginia weather, my GHL on my Jetta was virtually new looking.
I tried to drill a hole in the GHL downpipe from the turbo for an EGT gauge... it took an act of god to get through it. It's truly some awesome stuff.
I also have seen the Comptech exhaust, and GHLs welds are cleaner, materials are better, and the polish is brighter. The same applied to any Borla or magnaflow product I've installed. I don't know who does thier TIG welding, but the guy is an artist. Don't forget, GHL exhaust systems also come with LIFETME warrenty. This exhaust will outlast your TL.

3) Willingness to support the Acura community... Jeff commmited to supporting Acurazine directly as a vendor. There are very few "manufacturers" out there who support this community directly. They're big enough to produce a totally kick ass product, but small enough to recieve our input as customers, and implement those changes when prudent. This is a good thing for all, as they can then move into supporting the entire Acura line as interest grows.

Needless to say I'm pumped. GHL worked with me to develop the ONLY aftermarket downpipe for the VW Diesel engine, and he did so LONG DISTANCE. I sent a stock pipe in, he sent me 3 iterations of pipes to try. They now sell hundreds a year. I hope the same to be true for these systems.

GHL also develops catalytic converters. They use a german vendor (can't remember the name) and Metal Can (the same folks e-shift performance uses). Needless to say, when I asled if they could do cats as well, Jeff said "why not". An even better price was discussed (to the tune of around $1600) for a complete and total exhaust system, made to GHL's quality standards, and adding up to 25 HP.

The cat-back is first, but the cat's won't take long. it seems the hardest part is getting them from Australia.

Either way guys, if you're in the market for any exhaust components, wait until the end of the month while twigglius and I work this. Again, I'm not a vendor, nor an employee of GHL... just avid fan of thier products based on it's quality and thier commitment to support.

No GB chatter yet, at least until we have a product to show. We'l then get a tentative GB list, get GHL signed on as a supporting members, and get ourselves a rockin' exhaust.

Feel free to funnel any questions to me or twigglius.

Originally Posted by Excelerate

Old 07-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Josh,
As much as I appreciate your support as an Acurazine supporting vendor, I disagree with your statements below.

After spending almost and hour on the the phone with Jeff and Brian (the OWNERS of GHL Motorsports) yesterday, neither knew of you or your business. I can only suspect your "dealer status" of GHL product is merely through buying through another of the hundreds of GHL retailers out there, adding markup, and reselling... much like my Comptech rear sway bar I bought from you that came with the nopi.com label still on it. I don't think you know GHL as a company or a product to make some of those statements. I'm not here to poo poo CT or Excelerate, but certainly your poo pooing of this vendors product before it's ever produced send the wrong message to folks who want to support us. We all know the aftermarket for the TL stinks, and we should be ENCOURAGING develpment intiatives.
You are entitled to your opinion on this matter and that is perfectly fine. In reference to me being a dealer for GHL; I am a dealer. I have their price sheet here. Am I an active dealer? No. My customer base is not in line with a lot of the vehicles they sell parts for: Audi, VW, Ferrari, Porsche, etc. I primarily specialize in Japanese vehicles, although I do do work on German and domestic. Secondly when I do sell those parts I recommend other brands like Milltek, Fabspeed, Billy Boat, etc. I have seen their exhausts and never knocked their quality. The member claimed, as you are now also doing, that the exhaust will be better than Comptech's without having seen it. I was just wondering how that is possible.

Also, don't confuse me with other internet stores who work out of their parent's basement selling parts. I have a brick and mortar store and install just about everything I sell. I am very much involved in this market and modify my own vehicles and attend car shows and seminars. Sorry that I had to drop ship your RSB from another distributor so you didn't have to wait for me to order from Comptech; I'll make sure to send it directly from me next time.

And I didn't "poo poo" on anyone. I never said GHL made a bad product; in fact I said they made a good product. I just asked the member how he knew their product was better without having even seen it or know it's going into production.

And I just stated that the exhaust isn't going to any better in any sense of power. You will have another option for an exhaust in terms of muffler style and tip and that will be nice and it is nice to have another option. It is great to see more options but be careful exaggerating the quality of items you haven't even seen produced and cannot honestly compare since it is not in your hands.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Moved to the LOU

I just spoke with Jeff and Brian at GHL. Yes, Jeff does have to fly back to Baltimore this weekend for his thumb evaluation and probably will have the surgery the week after. We are shooting for the 29th of July for me to go in for fitment and testing. The waiting sucks but I know it will be well worth the wait. I will keep you posted with any changes or updates.

Kennedy - Thanks for all the support and the great post.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:51 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

To answer the question on staggered tips... I'd suspect we'd get something like this:

The opening is about 5 1/2 inches... That would hold (2) 2 1/2 inch round tips with 1/8 - 1/4 seperation quite nicely.

See how one tip is longer than the other? The longer tip goes on the "inside". The shorter tip would be shorter to match the curvature of the bumper. Square tips could be explored, but are very costly to fabricate... I don't think anything square or oval will be worth the cost.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

and here are some pics from a VW that more clearly demonstrate (these tips are "slash cut")... although they're hanging a bit too low.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Moved to the LOU

Those welds are sexy!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:40 PM
One on the right for me

^-i dont think we have that much room under there for something quite like that, but the idea is good
Old 07-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All I know is that I can't wait! Sign me up right now!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Those welds are sexy!

Those round tips are nice, but I still want somthing 'squared' like the OE tips. Our OE tips fit the exhaust holes perfectly. It looks custom.
I think the tip design should be just like the OE tips but in high polish chrome or polished stainless steel.
Same shape, with a little more flash.
I am happy we are going to have another exhaust vendor.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:22 PM
6speed NBP

Originally Posted by AcuraVic
Those round tips are nice, but I still want somthing 'squared' like the OE tips. Our OE tips fit the exhaust holes perfectly. It looks custom.
I think the tip design should be just like the OE tips but in high polish chrome or polished stainless steel.
Same shape, with a little more flash.
I am happy we are going to have another exhaust vendor.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
The trapezoidal shape of the UA6 Stock tailpipes must be the main selling point for a lot of the consumers.

Unfortunately, I do not know of any aftermarket systems on the market that mimic the stock design of the tailpipes, for any car. There might be a few, but very far and few between.

My suggestion is to let it go guys. If you want a clean aftermarket design that features tips that mimic the stock design, you might have to go the custom route.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Safety Car

Those welds are sexy!

Those are sexy tips! I think it would be super hot but not slash cut..just regular.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
The trapezoidal shape of the UA6 Stock tailpipes must be the main selling point for a lot of the consumers.

Unfortunately, I do not know of any aftermarket systems on the market that mimic the stock design of the tailpipes, for any car. There might be a few, but very far and few between.

My suggestion is to let it go guys. If you want a clean aftermarket design that features tips that mimic the stock design, you might have to go the custom route.

Even if they don't do the whole catback...I'd be interested in just tips..please!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by aznbo187
Those are sexy tips! I think it would be super hot but not slash cut..just regular.
As stated earlier... These exhaust are made to order. You can specify how you want the tips to look, at least for what's available (again, I doubt square will be available due to cost and complexity). They can slash cut/roll/dtm/anything you can ask for.

(2) 2 1/2 round tips will fit in the hole nicely, twigglius took his car to GHL and they tried it out.

Hang in there.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Safety Car

Anyway I can just order the tips alone?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Safety Car

Twigglius, sorry for the late reply... Just got in from visiting the family all last week. Jeff asked me to pass on to you that he's gettign thumb surgery next week, but will be looking to hook up with you around the 24th of July for a prototype build. I/We sincerely appreciate your efforts in this venture. GHL will probably "hook you up" for being the test pig.

Josh,

From a design perspective, sure, an exhaust system is nothing more than pipes and tubing, so I can't imagine how the end product CAN be dramatically different that Comptechs. It's also pretty common knowledge that the CT cat-back (or any custom job) will NOT yield any significant power gains on the TL. It seems Acura installed a very free flowing system at the factory, so all you're really buying is a few HP, a nice sound, and some some style points.

GHL custom fabricates thier own line of mufflers, and has a PATENT for it... these are not magnaflow/borla or any other chinese can that has been thrown together as a kit like many cat-backs out there. This means the GHL system will be custom tuned to our application, with a specific set of mufflers/tuning applied. I don't expect much HP gains, but I do expect to get all that's possible from an exhaust sytems without gaining "too much" noise. Also remember, GHL is a direct supporter of multiple race teams... and that R&D and design experience will be brought to this system, as with every system.

With all this said, what will GHL producing this do for us?

1) Competition. Right now CT's THE only game in town with regards to a bolt on cat-back... and the price reflects it. GHL is looking to introduce this completely bolt on exhaust for around $100 bucks less (maybe more in a GB) than the CT system. Better stainless, better craftsmanship, a slight performance bump, and a great sound (with tips that will look imminently better) for over $100 LESS than the CT on a groubuy. What could be wrong with that?

2) Better quality materials and finish. I can't speak to the specifcs of the stainless steel GHL uses, but it's incredible. “American Made” T-304 & T-321 -Bulletproof, heavy gauge, and fully polished. After 3 years and 40K miles years of Northern Virginia weather, my GHL on my Jetta was virtually new looking.
I tried to drill a hole in the GHL downpipe from the turbo for an EGT gauge... it took an act of god to get through it. It's truly some awesome stuff.
I also have seen the Comptech exhaust, and GHLs welds are cleaner, materials are better, and the polish is brighter. The same applied to any Borla or magnaflow product I've installed. I don't know who does thier TIG welding, but the guy is an artist. Don't forget, GHL exhaust systems also come with LIFETME warrenty. This exhaust will outlast your TL.

3) Willingness to support the Acura community... Jeff commmited to supporting Acurazine directly as a vendor. There are very few "manufacturers" out there who support this community directly. They're big enough to produce a totally kick ass product, but small enough to recieve our input as customers, and implement those changes when prudent. This is a good thing for all, as they can then move into supporting the entire Acura line as interest grows.

Needless to say I'm pumped. GHL worked with me to develop the ONLY aftermarket downpipe for the VW Diesel engine, and he did so LONG DISTANCE. I sent a stock pipe in, he sent me 3 iterations of pipes to try. They now sell hundreds a year. I hope the same to be true for these systems.

GHL also develops catalytic converters. They use a german vendor (can't remember the name) and Metal Can (the same folks e-shift performance uses). Needless to say, when I asled if they could do cats as well, Jeff said "why not". An even better price was discussed (to the tune of around $1600) for a complete and total exhaust system, made to GHL's quality standards, and adding up to 25 HP.

The cat-back is first, but the cat's won't take long. it seems the hardest part is getting them from Australia.

Either way guys, if you're in the market for any exhaust components, wait until the end of the month while twigglius and I work this. Again, I'm not a vendor, nor an employee of GHL... just avid fan of thier products based on it's quality and thier commitment to support.

No GB chatter yet, at least until we have a product to show. We'l then get a tentative GB list, get GHL signed on as a supporting members, and get ourselves a rockin' exhaust.

Feel free to funnel any questions to me or twigglius.

Just read your long post, I agree with you for the most part.

An exhaust is an exhaust, on the TL it's already been proven that there isnt much of a gain, and if your paying $700-$900 for a few ponies its pointless. So why do most people still do it? Because it sets their car apart from the other TL's on the road.
Because it will sound different, it will have a different tone to it.
Because the look is different; some people love the square look that sits flush with the bumper, others love the oval tips from CT, but then there are those who would die for some quads.

I think all this does is give us a larger variety and more products to choose from to accompany everyones unique needs.

But back on topic. I would love to see some new options for headers, seeing how the headers from e-shift, IMO, are a bit overpriced and monopolized. I don't blame them with them being the only company that has bolt on headers available, but with more competition it will only lower the price WE pay out of pocket, which I don't see anything wrong with.

My 2 cents.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Ryan Christopher

I do have to say, after seeing those picks, I think the dual tips would be hot. If the inside tip was slightly larger then the outside it could fit up in the rear bumper and fill it up.
This is not completly to scale but something of this nature to fill it in. Just an idea for those that don't want the rounds due to it not filling out the square hole. Jason

Old 07-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Ak Ting Up

Originally Posted by EternaLlx
Werd? Please explain you comment.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Ryan Christopher

Originally Posted by AcuraVic
Werd? Please explain you comment.
I believe he was agreeing!!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Moved to the LOU

When my car was up on the rack and everything was being measured we went back and forth on what type of tips to use. Yes, we tentatively decided on dual 2.5'' tips on each side, which will fill the cut out perfectly with the proper spacing. I don't think the final decision will be made until after it's on and we can see what the finished product really looks like. I will also take pics of the process to get input from you guys.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Ak Ting Up

Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
I believe he was agreeing!!
Thats why I asked for an explanation. If you say somthing, and someone quotes you and says 'werd', you dont know what to believe.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Magnaflow Performance

GHL custom fabricates thier own line of mufflers, and has a PATENT for it... these are not magnaflow/borla or any other chinese can that has been thrown together as a kit like many cat-backs out there. This means the GHL system will be custom tuned to our application, with a specific set of mufflers/tuning applied.

2) The same applied to any Borla or magnaflow product I've installed. I don't know who does thier TIG welding, but the guy is an artist. Don't forget, GHL exhaust systems also come with LIFETME warrenty. This exhaust will outlast your TL.

OK- I dont try to mix business with pleasure....but I have to comment as a Magnaflow Sales Manager that you are wrong in both of these statements-

1. Magnaflow does not use a "universal muffler" in any cat back system we make-
We custom tune every catback to the vehicle we are designing it for through changing the size, number, shape, and location of the internal preforations in the tubing-

(you are correct- most just throw in a universal muffler- but not us)

2. Who does our TIG welding? - that would be a multimillion dollar robot-

All of our manufacturing equipment is all custom made, one off for us-

We even go to the extent to pay the extra money to use electic mandrel benders instead of hydraulic benders like every other exhaust company because with use the hydraulic fluid can heat up causing small variances in the bends-

Now Im not tyring to say anything bad about GHL- its cool they want to support the TL community and everything- and Im not trying to say their exhaust sucks-

I am trying to say, that when you build a quality product, you don't need to bring up negative things about a competitor-

and when the negatives you bring up, are not even true- well- Ill just end it there-
Old 07-14-2006, 11:10 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by GNN60GT500
OK- I dont try to mix business with pleasure....but I have to comment as a Magnaflow Sales Manager that you are wrong in both of these statements-

1. Magnaflow does not use a "universal muffler" in any cat back system we make-
We custom tune every catback to the vehicle we are designing it for through changing the size, number, shape, and location of the internal preforations in the tubing-

(you are correct- most just throw in a universal muffler- but not us)

2. Who does our TIG welding? - that would be a multimillion dollar robot-

All of our manufacturing equipment is all custom made, one off for us-

We even go to the extent to pay the extra money to use electic mandrel benders instead of hydraulic benders like every other exhaust company because with use the hydraulic fluid can heat up causing small variances in the bends-

Now Im not tyring to say anything bad about GHL- its cool they want to support the TL community and everything- and Im not trying to say their exhaust sucks-

I am trying to say, that when you build a quality product, you don't need to bring up negative things about a competitor-

and when the negatives you bring up, are not even true- well- Ill just end it there-
Being a CPMR (certified rep)......I agree with you wholeheartedly and will continue where you left off. I hate when a mfg asks me to sell a product based on what my competitor is doing...it is unethical and downright misleading in many cases. Talk about your features and benefits...talk about what you can do for them....ect. Here is a small snippet that kind of smacks it down in a statement....

Larry Mann: There are people in this world, Bob, who look very official while they are doing what they are doing. And do you know why?
Bob Walker: Why?
Larry Mann: Because they don't know what they are doing. Because if you know what you are doing, then you don't have to look like you know what you are doing, because it comes naturally.

Magnaflow didnt fall off the truck yesterday guys! Its a nationally known brand with high respect. Not dissing this product either...but I would stay away from mentioning other brands while marketing your own unless you are downright SURE of what you are saying. Hope you project is moving along well....look forward to checking out the end results! Mike

Quick Reply: GHL Motorsports to design 3G TL exhaust!