Custom J-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
So with this j-pipe, it go after the first cat, then the piping to the cat at the end of the j-pipe? Or am I totally confused?

I'm thinking of trying this out before I do the supercharger to see if I gain or lose N/A?

Or am I crazy?

TIA...
Old 06-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PPLAPW
So with this j-pipe, it go after the first cat, then the piping to the cat at the end of the j-pipe? Or am I totally confused?

I'm thinking of trying this out before I do the supercharger to see if I gain or lose N/A?

Or am I crazy?

TIA...
you're right, except this particular one deletes the 3rd cat and goes straight though to the exhaust pipe.

Like others have said, you'll probably lose power if you try it N/A.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:33 PM
G35Killerrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will this fit our car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-E...21594147QQrdZ1
Old 06-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by KenUA6
i think azbo187 was going to try this.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 PM
B A N N E D

hi lover
Old 06-19-2007, 08:49 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ussi
i think azbo187 was going to try this.
If a N/A Accord can gain power from this mod, wouldn't a TL be capable of the same?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

btw, turns out aznbo isn't going to try the mod.... we need someone else to try... i can't since i drive everyday plus can't afford right now...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:09 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
there wouldnt be enough back pressure. we would def. lose power.... comptech has re-opened (or so i heard) let's start to see some new products.

btw.. ussi.... hows the top secret hondata doing for you?? surging still?? can you tune it? i bet u got the fastest 3G TL here
Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 AM
DER NEUE ^

^^^Gorgeous coupe, clean and fast, just the way I like it. Real sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeper!
Thanks for you input man, definitely hang around here, this is one happy Honda family.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
there wouldnt be enough back pressure. we would def. lose power.... comptech has re-opened (or so i heard) let's start to see some new products.

btw.. ussi.... hows the top secret hondata doing for you?? surging still?? can you tune it? i bet u got the fastest 3G TL here
comptech is re-open, i just spoke to them (new ownership).

hondata reflash is great, though i was having surging and a CEL which is now gone by a simple bypass of knock sensor wires from ACM.

i'm hoping for some sort of tuning for the HBP. plan to get some dyno runs by monday since i'll be in vegas till then. wsop baby!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:30 PM
DER NEUE ^

^Good to hear, I wonder though why the great Hondata never told to bypass CT's useless knock sensor "filter" in the ACM? Plus wasn't the reflash suppose to eliminate the unaccomplished CT ACM altogether thus effectively making the surge a history? What good is a reflash then? Sorry for so many questions, it's just beyond me, hopefully you have answers to some of my concerns, not that I'm putting you on the spot. Appreciated in advance!

Someone other than the Accord dude, please share your experience with the E-manage on the TL? There has to be someone running this set up on this car, no?

The beautiful coupe dude-I understand that this might not be the right thread to post about this and the Accord is probably easier to tune, but some info in regard to how hard, long and expensive the tune is, and what the shortcomings of the Greddy' piggiback are, if any, would be helpful, whatever the thread! Again any info is appreciated on this topic!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I have car ADD

can the emanage be incorporated into our TL's? what do you really do with it? tune AFR ?

yea, that coupe is phenomanal.

hey actros, have you dyno'ed before? #'s?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:39 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
can the emanage be incorporated into our TL's? what do you really do with it? tune AFR ?

yea, that coupe is phenomanal.

Originally Posted by ACTROS
^^^Gorgeous coupe, clean and fast, just the way I like it. Real sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeper!
Thanks for you input man, definitely hang around here, this is one happy Honda family.
ah aha, thank u thank u =)

The beautiful coupe dude-I understand that this might not be the right thread to post about this and the Accord is probably easier to tune, but some info in regard to how hard, long and expensive the tune is, and what the shortcomings of the Greddy' piggiback are, if any, would be helpful, whatever the thread! Again any info is appreciated on this topic!
if i were you guys, i would call boomslang.com and ask about making a PnP harness for the emanage ultimate. our cars are very very simular unless the TL has a special feature that makes it dificult to make one, i dunno. when i was planning to SC my car, it was already in my head that i was going with emanage since the ACM was tuned for your 3.2 motor, not 3.0. not to mention hondata and others wont have anything to do with an accord anyways.

i felt the same surging you guys felt with the ACM, you either had to baby it or WOT to not feel it, it was annoying as hell! at first, i was some what dissapointed with the SC altogether, i mean it had more power, but not to my expectations. 5 days after getting my SC, i got it tuned by shawn at church automotive, he specializes in honda/acuras tuning. i found that it was hard searching for anybody to tune the emanage, most wont even touch it... he did about 4 pulls on the dyno to get the A/F just right. i basically drove off with 35 more whp than i came with. my a/f is still perfect and this has been since oct of last year, so ya, so far so good with the emanage thats why i keep saying, you guys have ALOT of untapped horses under the hood. your motors stock already come with about 25-30hp more than mine already, but you guys are about 300lbs heavier too.

just remember you can always hardwire it in, but i woudnt recommend it. the PnP makes it that much easier to remove, in case you bring it in for warranty work and stuff. if boomslang eventually gets going and makes a PnP for your cars, id be happy to let you guys download my fuel map, plus it will make a good base map if you plan on tuning it.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:29 PM
DER NEUE ^

I know that the Accord wire harness boomslang makes is good for the 04-05 TL as well, and I think they even made one recently to fit the 06+ TL, so that's a start.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

I know that the Accord wire harness boomslang makes is good for the 04-05 TL as well, and I think they even made one recently to fit the 06+ TL, so that's a start.

really?!? then what are you guys waiting for? thats the answer to all your problems. forget hondata and their reflash, at least you can always get retuned when you want.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
B A N N E D

My J-pipe arrived. Gonna put it in next week. I also have the Boomslang harness but had to rewire everything myself to fit the 06 ECU.

Car is going in on July 10th for street tune, 11th for the dyno tune. I can't wait to finally dyno my car. Then I could continue on the rest of my power mods.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:59 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^Good to hear, I wonder though why the great Hondata never told to bypass CT's useless knock sensor "filter" in the ACM? Plus wasn't the reflash suppose to eliminate the unaccomplished CT ACM altogether thus effectively making the surge a history? What good is a reflash then? Sorry for so many questions, it's just beyond me, hopefully you have answers to some of my concerns, not that I'm putting you on the spot. Appreciated in advance!

Someone other than the Accord dude, please share your experience with the E-manage on the TL? There has to be someone running this set up on this car, no?

Just got Hondata reflash yesterday. It makes a big difference! Car runs alot smoother & it feels like all the gains are there, FINALLY! New Rev limit 7200 rpm, V-tec active at 3000 rpm. Surging is minimal, if any at all. I haven't bypassed te knock sensor & don't plan on it unless it gives me problems later. Pretty pricy, but worth it after the results
Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by mrlunecy
Just got Hondata reflash yesterday. It makes a big difference! Car runs alot smoother & it feels like all the gains are there, FINALLY! New Rev limit 7200 rpm, V-tec active at 3000 rpm. Surging is minimal, if any at all. I haven't bypassed te knock sensor & don't plan on it unless it gives me problems later. Pretty pricy, but worth it after the results
how did you get one??? I thought it wans't available to anyone yet
Old 06-22-2007, 02:33 AM
B A N N E D

Vtec at 3000? isn't that a bit low?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:30 AM
I (don't) whine.

nice! congrats i'm sure you'll like it...i'm kinda curious (as are a lot of ppl) how much you paid..

3000 does sound low..i think my vtech kicks in 3600?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
DER NEUE ^

Very nice, that's what I want to hear, congrats, why isn't Hondata coming out with the reflash already, if it's effective. Still some surge though?

Looks like you paid $750 for the flash, like you posted in another tread. It's alright, I'm willing to pay that if the flash makes the driveability better.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:05 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

These are the guys I took the car to. They are licensed dealers from Comptech & got like 7 NSX's sitting in their shop, so they must know their shit. They take the car to some HONDATA guy in Torrance. I couldn't ride along. They're really secretive about their reflash. I't took about 30-45 min to do it. Overall I waited about 3 hrs. I asked why Comptech doesn't recommend a reflash & why you get dick for power without any type of reprograming. Autowave said Comptech could not support that kind of reprograming because their is a teenie handfull of people in the states that can do the reflash. Hondata requires the car at their shop in torrance, CA. No fly-ins or fed-ex'ing you ECM's to Hondata!
Rev limit; 7200 RPM
V-tec; 3000 RPM.
They told me these values & it's printed on the receipt. Is 3000 for v-tec too low? 3600 rpm, is that stock? I can feel it, cuz after 3000 rpm, it feels like the car want's to take off!

Runs REALLY smooth. Before the reflash the car would surge, specially on hot days under the sun when I half-gas it. today, stop & go, in the sun, it ran smooth, no surges! Then again, I'm not as modded as some of u guys. I'm only pushing the s/c & pro-cats.

The new rev limit is great too, now I got a wider power band. I can hit about 110-115mph in third!

Cost was $600 + $125 for Autowave to take my car over to Hondata = $725
Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 PM
DER NEUE ^

OK so:

Stock redline @6800 rpm

Stock V-tec activation is @ 4700 rpm

CT Supercharger with ACM @ 4000 rpm, bad surge at half throttle before reaching 4K

Now w/ Hondata reflash V-TEC @3000 rpm and Redline @ 7200 rpm and no surge, WOW!

I want it now...
I wish I lived in Cali, thanks for sharing this info and enjoy the surge free driving, the way it was suppose to come from the Comptech, from the begining. Enjoy my friend!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:37 PM
DER NEUE ^

Mrlunecy did you have a chance to dyno your car yet? Is it a 5AT or a 6MT?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:05 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Mrlunecy did you have a chance to dyno your car yet? Is it a 5AT or a 6MT?
5AT. Not yet. Autowave's dyno is down for calibration, or something. Sometime next week, prob. They charge 75 bucks? That a good price? never had one done. What kind of numbers can I expect w/ s/c & pro-cats? 270hp? 280hp? shoulda had a base line dyno, I know....
Old 06-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say over 300 whp for sure, depending on the dyno. I want a custom j pipe and the Hondata Reflash, dammit.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:57 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

yeah, can't wait for the j-pipe & the resulting gains! I don't think I'll break 300 whp, though. Maybe after cat-back, pulleys & j-pipe. Max possible, I think, would be in the low 290's, but doubt it.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:59 PM
313.4WHP& 284.6TQ

check out my other post for a better price, service for the hondata re
Old 06-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I (don't) whine.

These are the guys I took the car to. They are licensed dealers from Comptech & got like 7 NSX's sitting in their shop, so they must know their shit. They take the car to some HONDATA guy in Torrance. I couldn't ride along. They're really secretive about their reflash. I't took about 30-45 min to do it. Overall I waited about 3 hrs. I asked why Comptech doesn't recommend a reflash & why you get dick for power without any type of reprograming. Autowave said Comptech could not support that kind of reprograming because their is a teenie handfull of people in the states that can do the reflash. Hondata requires the car at their shop in torrance, CA. No fly-ins or fed-ex'ing you ECM's to Hondata!
Rev limit; 7200 RPM
V-tec; 3000 RPM.
They told me these values & it's printed on the receipt. Is 3000 for v-tec too low? 3600 rpm, is that stock? I can feel it, cuz after 3000 rpm, it feels like the car want's to take off!

Runs REALLY smooth. Before the reflash the car would surge, specially on hot days under the sun when I half-gas it. today, stop & go, in the sun, it ran smooth, no surges! Then again, I'm not as modded as some of u guys. I'm only pushing the s/c & pro-cats.

The new rev limit is great too, now I got a wider power band. I can hit about 110-115mph in third!

This is the shop that installed my blower as well as my reflash (but i got a hookup)

$75 is a fair price for dyno runs...i am also waiting for their dyno to be up and running to do my runs there.

Oh, and i know that hondata just bought all the wiring etc to the ecu so you would be able to send in just the ecu to be reflashed when it is released for those not in cali.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:19 PM
I have car ADD

yea, on a 5AT 290whp is about what you'll get..... and thats probably with every single option... but... the ECU changes could bring on some good #'s.....most fully modded 5ATs with the blower did about 287whp... so ECU should be good for atleast 10 ponies, if not more...

i am STILL waiting for ussi's dyno.....lol
Old 06-22-2007, 11:26 PM
I have car ADD

j/k of course. i know your probably busy
Old 06-22-2007, 11:38 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

5AT. Not yet. Autowave's dyno is down for calibration, or something. Sometime next week, prob. They charge 75 bucks? That a good price? never had one done. What kind of numbers can I expect w/ s/c & pro-cats? 270hp? 280hp? shoulda had a base line dyno, I know....

75 bucks isnt bad for a dyno, but dont get it there. they have a dyno dynamics which reads lower then a dynojet, so you wont get a true measure of your whp.

the hondata reflash has been out longer then you guys think. i dont know whats going on with those guys and why its so secretive. my only thought is their having a heck of a time perfecting it. no way would they have even attempted to create a reflash for the TL, if comptech didnt court them to make one for their own lack of r&ding, with that crappy ACM they created.

before i purchased my supercharger back in sept of last year, i talked to them first over the phone regarding a TL SC, but never told them i had an accord. he (shane) went on saying that he can get my ECU reflashed by hondata, since there was a problem with the supercharger activating the knock sensor, and having serious surging problems. when i asked him i thought it was still in the works, he giggled (yes giggled) and said only a select few know about it. then said he couldnt help in that department when he found out it was for an accord.

they wanted to charge me 4500.00 for the SC and 800.00 for install and if i brought my own, they would charge me 1000.00 for labor, but warranty would be voided since i did not buy through them. the day of my baseline, i also talked to them about greddy emanage and they quickly say its a POS and they can wire in a AEM EMS stand alone for a cool 3500.00, but i would loose my DBW, TCS, ABS, etc,... immediatly after that conversation, i knew i would never deal with them again.

Rev limit; 7200 RPM
V-tec; 3000 RPM.

LOL, i rest my case, NO WAY is anyone going to take my car somewhere to a undisclosed location and say i cant ride along. what a joke. its comical to me, they are like a group of little school girls with a secret they cant share.

for 725.00, you can get a emanage ultimate, PnP harness, and have some change to get it tuned and have the option of getting it retuned, when new mods are installed.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I have car ADD

what exactly is needed to get the greddy emanage in our car? i was drooling at one today @ a local shop.... boomslang harness.... thats it??
Old 06-23-2007, 12:04 AM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Originally Posted by blusap
75 bucks isnt bad for a dyno, but dont get it there. they have a dyno dynamics which reads lower then a dynojet, so you wont get a true measure of your whp.
So who u recommend for dyno?

for 725.00, you can get a emanage ultimate, PnP harness, and have some change to get it tuned and have the option of getting it retuned, when new mods are installed.
Does all this fit on the 06 5at TL? Where would I get it & what tuner shop(s) u recommend, that are locally in L.A.? Would I need to retune after pulleys, catback & even j-pipe?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:20 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

So who u recommend for dyno?

Does all this fit on the 06 5at TL? Where would I get it & what tuner shop(s) u recommend, that are locally in L.A.? Would I need to retune after pulleys, catback & even j-pipe?

supposedly boomslang has one available for you 3rd gen TL guys. shawn at church automotive in wilmington, is THE BEST tuner in so-cal and specializes in honda/acura. its about a 1/2 hour drive from la. he tuned mine, siggy (SIRSIG) and sleekAv6 (7th gen v6 auto). he really knows the emanage well.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:13 AM
I (don't) whine.

j/k of course. i know your probably busy
lol i'm at san jo airport right now..i was in vegas the last few days...my HBP is going in as we speak. be patient my son
Old 06-23-2007, 01:50 AM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

supposedly boomslang has one available for you 3rd gen TL guys. shawn at church automotive in wilmington, is THE BEST tuner in so-cal and specializes in honda/acura. its about a 1/2 hour drive from la. he tuned mine, siggy (SIRSIG) and sleekAv6 (7th gen v6 auto). he really knows the emanage well.
Sweet. man, ThanKs! I'll look it up in the near future. They got dynojet?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:51 AM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Originally Posted by ussi
lol i'm at san jo airport right now..i was in vegas the last few days...my HBP is going in as we speak. be patient my son
where can I get a hbp? how much?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:33 AM
B A N N E D

I am so tempted to drive down from Vancouver to get it tuned by Church....14 hours drive...
Old 06-23-2007, 03:54 AM
I (don't) whine.

where can I get a hbp? how much?
call comptech its like $100

Quick Reply: Custom J-Pipe