comptech reopened

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
i R shehmir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comptech reopened

so i spoke with comptech today and they are open again under new management, but there there first batch of superchargers are already sold out to dealers. if you wish to buy them off the comptechusa.com site they still go for the same price.

my deal is that i want is quicker than 4 to 6 weeks cause thats how long its taking for the second batch to come out, so does anybody know where i can get my supercharger ASAP?!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Instructor

ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...spagenameZWD1V
Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 PM
i R shehmir

sorry but im not lookin to pay a whole 1000 bucks more than the retail price ... the only reason hes sellin it for that much is cause hes the only one who has them in stock that i know of.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Instructor

u said u wanted it now..seemed like price was not an issue..o well best of luck
Old 07-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
price gouging at it's best.....I'm sure someone will pay the premium, I personally wouldn't.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:19 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by shehmir9
sorry but im not lookin to pay a whole 1000 bucks more than the retail price ... the only reason hes sellin it for that much is cause hes the only one who has them in stock that i know of.
I realize that it may be listed for more than retail but that auction is designed to accept "offers". Have you tried offering retail (to get it quickly)? What about a used one? I think there was at least one of the "experienced" installers on here that were offering to install it for that retail price. Seemed like a pretty good deal.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ndabunka
I realize that it may be listed for more than retail but that auction is designed to accept "offers". Have you tried offering retail (to get it quickly)? What about a used one? I think there was at least one of the "experienced" installers on here that were offering to install it for that retail price. Seemed like a pretty good deal.
I have tried to buy parts with BEST offer from that dealer before, they declined 90% of their buy it now for the exhaust and the carbon fiber steering wheel from me in the past, but i guess you never know..

$4500 if the MSRP if you get it for that then great!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:10 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by desper
I have tried to buy parts with BEST offer from that dealer before, they declined 90% of their buy it now for the exhaust and the carbon fiber steering wheel from me in the past, but i guess you never know..

$4500 if the MSRP if you get it for that then great!

Very Strange. Acura of Lynnwood usually has some kickass deals for stuff. That's where I got my car from. If anyone is ever in line for a car in Washington go see a guy named Radar. He's a badass car salesman.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Comptech is retailling their TL superchargers at $4995 now. I am working on getting a few so sit tight.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
What did they retail them at before?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by twigglius
What did they retail them at before?
$4495.

I have a thread with some pricing now.

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/comptech-usa-parts-pricing-370676/
Old 07-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Looking at your thread in the BM, it looks like they raised prices a good bit across the board. Did they give any explanation for the price increases?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
making up for lost revenue?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that would suck. I would think leaving the prices where they are or slighty lower would increase sale of supercharger. Selling maybe 2 chargers a month comparted to maybe 7 or 8 because of a $500 price difference. The more visable they are the more interest...maybe even leading to other people creating parts to add on the the superchargers HP...i don't know...that's just me.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Meek32v6
that would suck. I would think leaving the prices where they are or slighty lower would increase sale of supercharger. Selling maybe 2 chargers a month comparted to maybe 7 or 8 because of a $500 price difference. The more visable they are the more interest...maybe even leading to other people creating parts to add on the the superchargers HP...i don't know...that's just me.

yeah, it def sucks...

Their theory has to be this..... They have been away for months and anyone who wants their products now has been WAITING.. They may think that this creates a higher backlog of potential sales and increasing the price would maximize their revenues and profitiablity. This is the thing, Comptech can always start higher and go lower if they need to becuase of lack of demand or an increase in products on the shelf.

If they start lower, they will not be able to go higher becuase those who really want their products will have already bought it immediately after they re-open and no one will be willing to pay more for something after their inital re-opening.

It is simple Supply vs Demand and they feel the demand is on their side so they are raising prices some!! The worst that could happen to them is they don't sell much the first month or two so they go back down to the old price, either way they are in contol becuase there are few other viable options

Desper
Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
does anybody have their phone # handy?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
any plans to market a supercharger for the Type-S??
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Didn't they have a price increase across the board just before they closed shop?

The price per horsepower was bad before and it just got worse.

Unfortunately, there are people who will pay this price which will support their pricing.

I guess we'll just have to hope for a Hondata reflash to give us NA'ers a cheaper boost.

I was considering a SC but 5K for the kit, 700 for the reflash, 600 for the injectors, cost of the HBP, cost of dyno time....man
Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
DER NEUE ^

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The blower price is getting ridiculous unless CT includes the upcoming Hondata ECU re-flash in the package! They simply must!!!

If I was in the market for the new blower I would expect nothing less than a perfectly operating blower for the money they ask, no surging and a great warranty, no buts and no excuses like "oh it's a minor issue for the power you get"! No more bullshit!

Sorry Josh, I know it's not entirely up to you but you should push them to include the re-flash, hopefully this way you'll get more sales and much much happier customers. If Comptech wants to be successful and wants their customers back they must do the right thing here!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by ACTROS
The blower price is getting ridiculous unless CT includes the upcoming Hondata ECU re-flash in the package! They simply must!!!

If I was in the market for the new blower I would expect nothing less than a perfectly operating blower for the money they ask, no surging and a great warranty, no buts and no excuses like "oh it's a minor issue for the power you get"! No more bullshit!

Sorry Josh, I know it's not entirely up to you but you should push them to include the re-flash, hopefully this way you'll get more sales and much much happier customers. If Comptech wants to be successful and wants their customers back they must do the right thing here!
You guys act like Comptech is expensive or something. I guess you guys don't realize that a Super Charger for a Mercedes (Kleeman) is around $10K plus installation? Almost makes the Comptech look like a bargain doesn't it? Of course the Kleeman DOES add a LOT more HP than the Comptech does but at a lot larger price. Almost makes me wonder if Kleeman offered a S?C for the TL if it too would get the more significant gains. And please save the "Yea, but anyone who spends X on a Benz has the money to afford..." line because all we are talking about here is metal parts, not the ability of the owner to pay for them...
Old 07-27-2007, 05:22 PM
DER NEUE ^

^Oh my friend it's not just about the money, what you get from Comptech is a half assed supercharger kit, unacceptable, whatever the price. I wish you could drive along when it's hot out, my car would buck as if possessed at anything short of wide open throttle condition. The driveability plain sucks, fuel issue! Comptech has a big issue at hand and they ought to fix it if they want to get their business back and stay in business. It's not like they have no way of fixing the issue here, hello Hondata, they just got to get their shit together this time that's all!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:33 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
props to CT for making stuff for our relatively small market, but they were already overpriced before they closed. i mean, it doesn't matter for cheap things like sway bars but the exhaust and charger are overpriced imo.

not that the only measure for mods for value is price per hp, but it's pretty bad for the exhaust and SC. i really do like their products, just really not sure if i would buy it...then again, they are the only company that makes the charger lol.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:47 PM
DER NEUE ^

No doubt, mad props to CT for supporting the Honda/Acura community, I love them for that, they are the elite in Honda aftermarket, considering their quality and price. But you know how it goes, if you do something do it right or don't do it at all, especially when it come to their most expensive product, their pride, the supercharger! They have an opportunity now to make things right, Hondata will officially support the TL ECU soon, I think they would be wise to take advantage of this new development!

God bless Hondata and Comptech!!!