BRAKEMOTIVE Drilled & Slotted Brake Kit vs StopTech Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BRAKEMOTIVE Drilled & Slotted Brake Kit vs StopTech Big Brake Kit

Can anyone tell me the differences between these two brake kits?

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/brakemotive-drilled-slotted-brake-kits-lowest-prices-ever-809114/
vs
https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/excelerate-performance-stoptech-big-brake-kit-rotors-pads-brake-line-sale-782872/

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
RedsTL (09-06-2012)
Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks like you are possibly comparing a replacement disk and brake pad kit vs a true big brake kit. The first link would replace your rotors and pads, not sure if they even offer a big brake kit. Its kind of like replacing your factory setup with something similar but form a different brand, a little more performance, and with a possible nicer look. The second link shows several options. One repalces your rotors, pads and calipers (like 2, 4 or 6 piston) to something larger and more capable hence the price difference. Often times people get big brake kits for two reasons, they track the car or drive aggressively, or they want the bling factor. The options down below on that second link are similar to the offerings from BrakeMotive (1st Link). One thing to keep in mind is that when you get a big brake kit you should know in advance if your existing rims will fit over them. Good luck and let us know what you get.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ntwillie1
Looks like you are possibly comparing a replacement disk and brake pad kit vs a true big brake kit. The first link would replace your rotors and pads, not sure if they even offer a big brake kit. Its kind of like replacing your factory setup with something similar but form a different brand, a little more performance, and with a possible nicer look. The second link shows several options. One repalces your rotors, pads and calipers (like 2, 4 or 6 piston) to something larger and more capable hence the price difference. Often times people get big brake kits for two reasons, they track the car or drive aggressively, or they want the bling factor. The options down below on that second link are similar to the offerings from BrakeMotive (1st Link). One thing to keep in mind is that when you get a big brake kit you should know in advance if your existing rims will fit over them. Good luck and let us know what you get.
Thanks man! I htink I will go with https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809114

I have a Base TL 06 AT. I guess that if I only want a OEM replacement with a nicer look, this is a good choice right?

I never heard any noises while braking with my OEM brakes.. would this be the same with this kit or it might make some noises? The only thing I want to be sure that it wont make any noise even after a year!

I live in CANADA so I hope winter(ALOT of salt/calcium) is not a problem with that kit?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by R1ck
Thanks man! I htink I will go with https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809114

I have a Base TL 06 AT. I guess that if I only want a OEM replacement with a nicer look, this is a good choice right?

I never heard any noises while braking with my OEM brakes.. would this be the same with this kit or it might make some noises? The only thing I want to be sure that it wont make any noise even after a year!

I live in CANADA so I hope winter(ALOT of salt/calcium) is not a problem with that kit?
Ive had my brakemotive kit for about a month now and i have zero complaints about it. I loved the price of the product and they havent squeaked once. The performance has slightly increased. Im satisfied.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Racer

yeah Rich, think you are making a good choice. I personally have the StopTech setup and i'm not very happy with it.

First of all the rotors have an ugly ring of orange (rust looking but not rust) around them near the hub/hat area. The reason for this is that the brake pad doesn't touch that part of the rotor so it just oxidizes. I bought these brakes so they would look nice behind my RIMs i was planning on buying but they look ugly so now i'm not even sure i'm gonna pick up the rims.

Secondly, the two front rotors are already warped and I've had them like 2 months. They were warped after less than 3 weeks of use and I haven't driven the car aggressively so not sure why it happened. My shop and distributor are getting them warrantied so i'll give them credit for that, however i'll probably have to pay for the labor again which sucks but it isn't the shops fault and it isn't mine. What can I do.

Overall, if I could do it again i'd get powerslots or some other brand that are treated to prevent against things like this. I haven't heard about the brake motiv having any issues like this so thats why I said you are making a good choice. For the money I paid on the stoptechs i shoulda just saved a few hundred more and gotten a big brake kit. Oh well. Good luck man.

Wil
Old 04-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Intermediate

If that happens again, get them pro-cut. I have EBC slotted and dimpled rotors (unbelievable difference), but they warped a bit. Had both fronts pro-cut for $35 a piece and I couldn't be happier. It's like they're brand new.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dssmith
If that happens again, get them pro-cut. I have EBC slotted and dimpled rotors (unbelievable difference), but they warped a bit. Had both fronts pro-cut for $35 a piece and I couldn't be happier. It's like they're brand new.
Thanks dssmith. I might have to do that because stoptech is telling me that performance products they offer do not come with warranty so my shop is now seeing what they can do for me. I'f i'm stuck with them then i will get them cut like you said. Thanks again for the advice.