EXCELERATE PERFORMANCE: StopTech Big Brake Kit, Rotors, Pads, and Brake Line Sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
EXCELERATE PERFORMANCE: StopTech Big Brake Kit, Rotors, Pads, and Brake Line Sale!!!

This is an Acurazine Special Sales Event for StopTech Big Brake Kit, Rotors, Pads, and Brake Lines for Acura vehicles. If you are interested in any other StopTech products, please PM me.

StopTech was founded in March of 1999 with a singular mission: Become the leading manufacturer and supplier of high performance brake components and systems. United by their passion for racing and high performance vehicles, the founding staff sought to challenge the status quo in known brake technology, and set new paradigms for brake upgrade systems.

StopTech Big Brake Kit

StopTech Big Brake Kits give your vehicle that Supercar look and feel, and exceed stock performance in two areas. First, larger rotors increase heat capacity. Second, stiffer calipers and stainless steel lines reduce system compliance.

The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting the stock front to rear brake torque ratio. If the brake upgrade you select adds too much front torque (as many do), you reduce your car’s ability to utilize the tractive capacity of all of the tires to the maximum practical extent (even on ABS equipped cars) and you therefore create performance sacrifices. In addition, too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, which limits a driver’s control of brake input on the race track.

Advantages of StopTech over other brake upgrades:

* Shorter Stopping Distances
* Better Brake Modulation
* Firmer Brake Pedal
* Less Brake Fade

Feature Benefit Summary:

* Balanced Brake Upgrades with optimum brake bias offer the shortest stopping distance with the best pedal feel
* StopTech patented AeroRotors with the best airflow available result in better cooling, less fade and longer rotor and pad life
* The stiffest aftermarket calipers with patented bridge result in better clamping under hard braking and less pad taper
* Track testing of new applications ensures optimum performance

CALIPER TYPES

ST-40 & ST-45 – 4 PISTON CALIPER FOR FRONT & REAR
(4 piston kits with 380mm rotors use ST-45 calipers)

* Made of Squeeze Forged aluminum alloy
* ALL finished parts are 100% leak down and pressure tested to 2500 PSI
* ST-40 uses standard FMSI D372 pad (VIEW PAD SHAPE)
* ST-45 uses standard FMSI D609 pad (VIEW PAD SHAPE)
* Any combination of 8 piston sizes available to match kit to vehicle application
* Differential piston sizes minimize pad taper
* Dust boots are standard
* Weight: 7.94 lb (3.6 kg) unloaded
* Same caliper used by top Speed® World Challenge and Grand-Am Cup Teams

ST-60 – 6 PISTON CALIPER FOR FRONT

* Made of Squeeze Forged aluminum alloy
* Patented, bolt-in bridge minimizes caliper compliance for a firmer pedal
* Stiffest 6 Piston caliper currently on the market
* Uses standard FMSI D1247 pad (VIEW PAD SHAPE)
* Can be used on rotors with outer diameter of 328-380mm and thickness of 28-35mm
ALL finished parts are 100% leak down and pressure tested to 2500 PSI
Uses a popular pad shape readily available in over 15 street performance and race friction compounds
* Over 19 different piston size combinations available to tune brake torque to the needs of each individual application
* Differential piston sizes minimize pad taper for longer pad life and a firmer pedal
* Dust boots are standard for reduced maintenance

ST-22 – 2 PISTON CALIPER FOR REAR KITS

* Made of billet aluminum
* All finished parts are 100% tested to a pressure of 2500 PSI
* Uses standard FMSI D961 Pad (VIEW PAD SHAPE)
* 2 piston opposed design
* May be added to cars with existing front StopTech kits
* Piston size adjusted for the application, just like our front calipers
* Dust boots are standard
* Weight: 4.4 lb (2 kg) unloaded

ST-10 – 1 PISTON CALIPER PARKING BRAKE FOR REAR KITS

* Made of billet aluminum
* Different levers to fit your stock parking brake cable
* Fits any rotor 28 through 32mm wide
* Single piston slider design
* Uses standard FMSI D377 Pad (VIEW PAD SHAPE)
* Weight: 4.13 lb (1.9 kg) unloaded

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...574&Make=ACURA

StopTech Aero Rotors

These StopTech AeroRotor kits fit stock calipers. Kits include 2-piece directional floating rotors with directional billet aluminum mounting bells. (pre-assembled) 2-piece rotors allow expansion without coning. The parts are up to 8 pounds lighter than stock rotors and push up to 61% more air for better cooling and reduced fade on the track.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...146&Make=ACURA

StopTech Premium Rotors

Don’t be fooled by inferior products that claim to be premium. StopTech Premium Rotors feature Original Equipment specifications and production processes. These StopTech Rotors are manufactured to meet QS and ISO Quality System Standards. Our global suppliers have already passed these stringent quality assurance standards because they currently supply products to OE manufacturers.

StopTech Premium Rotors utilize an Electrocoating finish that provides long lasting corrosion protection. E-coating is a superior electro-statically applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without rusting. Phosphate finishes utilized by other manufacturers provide only minimal protection from the elements; these finishes are generally only effective for the shipping and storage portion of a rotor’s life. The addition of heat and moisture eliminates the effectiveness of phosphate finishes resulting in immediate corrosion once installed in the vehicle.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...615&Make=ACURA

StopTech SportStop Rotors - Drilled

SportStop one-piece direct replacement rotors fit stock calipers. Drilling or slotting helps wipe away the debris that forms between the pad and the disc, adds more bite, and can help the rear brakes to match the aesthetics of a front big brake kit. The rotor finish helps prevent glazing of the pads and improves wet and dry braking performance. Most StopTech rotors have a durable black coating on the non-swept areas of the rotor to prevent unsightly corrosion.

These direct replacement rotors are not StopTech AeroRotors. The internal vane structure is identical to stock rotors, but they are available slotted or drilled.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...256&Make=ACURA

StopTech SportStop Rotors - Drilled & Slotted

SportStop one-piece direct replacement rotors fit stock calipers. Drilling or slotting helps wipe away the debris that forms between the pad and the disc, adds more bite, and can help the rear brakes to match the aesthetics of a front big brake kit. The rotor finish helps prevent glazing of the pads and improves wet and dry braking performance. Most StopTech rotors have a durable black coating on the non-swept areas of the rotor to prevent unsightly corrosion.

These direct replacement rotors are not StopTech AeroRotors. The internal vane structure is identical to stock rotors, but they are available slotted or drilled.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...257&Make=ACURA

StopTech Brake Pads - Street Performance

StopTech Street Performance brake Pads are engineered to meet the demands of high performance driving while maintaining the refinement and comfort expected in everyday driving conditions. StopTech brake pads combine the benefits of premium street brake pads with aggressive friction formulas suitable for light track day and autocross use.

Para-aramid composites are specially formulated to provide linear response at both cold and hot temperatures, delivering optimum stopping performance over a wide range of driving conditions.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...616&Make=ACURA

StopTech Stainless Steel Lines

StopTech stainless steel brake lines improve pedal feel and reduce the amount of time between applied pedal pressure and actual deceleration by preventing expansion, which stock rubber flex lines allow. This provides a quicker pedal response, and allows the driver to maintain consistent brake pressure and precision brake modulation.

StopTech brake lines consist of a Teflon® inner line that is covered with a layer of stainless steel woven braid. The Teflon tube is very resistant to expansion under pressure and will not degrade from exposure to brake fluid. The stainless steel braid provides support for the Teflon and the weave is extremely durable against incidental impact and abrasion. StopTech brake lines feature a Clear Abrasion Resistant Cover for maximum protection against chaffing

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...147&Make=ACURA

AIM Screen Name: Excelerate04
E-mail: Sales@ExceleratePerformance.com
or PM me.

RETURN POLICY
- ALL RETURNED AND/OR CANCELLED ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO A 25% RE-STOCKING FEE PLUS ALL SHIPPING CHARGES (Includes original and return S&H fees).
- ALL AUTHORIZED RETURN MERCHANDISE MUST BE NEW, UNUSED, AND IN ITS ORIGINAL PACKAGING. ALL DOCUMENTATION, WARRANTY CARDS, INSTRUCTIONS, AND HARDWARE MUST ALSO BE RETURNED.
- ITEMS MAY BE RETURNED WITHIN 15 CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF MERCHANDISE.
- SPECIAL ORDERS ARE NOT RETURNABLE.
- ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

EXCELERATE LLC
998 West Main St
Branford, CT 06405
(P) 203-483-6100 (F) 203-483-6101
www.ExceleratePerformance.com
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
STOPTECH rotors, pads and BBK's are some of the highest quality brakes on the market for the most reasonable price. Bang for the buck, these are the best bet for Acurazine members.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

We also have brake packages for the 3rd gen TL (04-08) in this link:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...m=brakepackage
Old 10-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

STOPTECH Parts are still on sale!!! Best bang for the buck!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
estimate for a set of 4 breaks drilled, slotted, or drilled/slotted for a 03 tl please?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kp4lyfx
estimate for a set of 4 breaks drilled, slotted, or drilled/slotted for a 03 tl please?
Did you want rotors and pads? Just rotors? Just pads?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

In Stock!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pm me a price on...stoptech

drilled and slotted premium rotors+ pads

blank rotors +pads

shipped to 90065.... thanks
Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Can I get an estimate on the Drilled and Slotted Rotors with pads please? Thanks, -Jake
Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
Can I get an estimate on the Drilled and Slotted Rotors with pads please? Thanks, -Jake
http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-398969.aspx
Old 12-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Holy shit, that's a good deal. How long will it be on sale for?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
Holy shit, that's a good deal. How long will it be on sale for?
Until my costs go up. Hopefully not soon but a new year is coming so there might be a new price list.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Can I get a quote on drilled+slotted rear rotors+pads with SS lines shipped to 44035 and also to canada at n9b1c8?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Can I get a quote on drilled+slotted rear rotors+pads with SS lines shipped to 44035 and also to canada at n9b1c8?
What year and model Acura? AT or MT?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

2004 tl 6mt.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor

2004 tl 6mt.
Here are the links to the brake package and brake lines:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-338784.aspx

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-248626.aspx

Add both parts to the shopping cart and put in your zip code for a shipping quote. It will be much better if you can ship it to the US for duty reasons. Please make sure the address used is verified on your CC account or on your Paypal account. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Thanks! But is there a way I can get just the rear rotors+pads? I already have powerstop front drilled+slotted rotors.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks! But is there a way I can get just the rear rotors+pads? I already have powerstop front drilled+slotted rotors.
Just use our website at http://store.excelerateperformance.com and put in your vehicle info. Part #'s for drilled/slotted STOPTECH/Powerslot rotors are 127.40061L and R and 309.05360 for the pads and the same link for the lines.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Former Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just placed my order thanks excelerate for the low prices and serving the TL community!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EvoToTL
just placed my order thanks excelerate for the low prices and serving the TL community!
You're welcome and thank you.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Former Street Racer

Also have to say shipping is fast because its shipped out the next day and wont be getting the parts till 3 days!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Also have to say shipping is fast because its shipped out the next day and wont be getting the parts till 3 days!
We try to be process orders quickly.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Former Street Racer

Just got the stoptech drilled and slotted rotors later today in the afternoon and put them on with some new brembo pads i must say braking is unbelievable now. thanks again excelerate
Old 01-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Just got the stoptech drilled and slotted rotors later today in the afternoon and put them on with some new brembo pads i must say braking is unbelievable now. thanks again excelerate
Glad to hear it.

You're welcome and thank you.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Cruisin'

can i get a quote for a set of rotors for the front and back for a 2003 tl base model automatic?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Takemoney21
can i get a quote for a set of rotors for the front and back for a 2003 tl base model automatic?
Here is a link to the brake package we offer for your vehicle:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-398965.aspx

Or you can use the vehicle selector and find individual rotors. Slotted part #'s are:

126.40046SL and SR
126.40047SL and SR
Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The package for the 04-08 auto TL's comes with 2pc slotted rotors or 1pc slotted? How much extra for lines? Any discount codes for checkout?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SCS15
The package for the 04-08 auto TL's comes with 2pc slotted rotors or 1pc slotted? How much extra for lines? Any discount codes for checkout?
http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-304785.aspx

This package includes 1 piece rotors. STOPTECH uses 2 piece discs in their Big Brake Kits and for some vehicles they offer a 2 piece disc as an OE replacement. However, these discs are usually $500+ a pair.

Here is the link to the stainless steel brake lines:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-251905.aspx

The package above is a discounted package.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks for the info, in your first post the only slotted rotors where the aero rotors and you state that they are 2 pc and fit stock calipers. Thats where the confusion came from. And none of your other rotors showed slotted only.

Either way, should receive my order in the next few days.

Originally Posted by Excelerate
http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-304785.aspx

This package includes 1 piece rotors. STOPTECH uses 2 piece discs in their Big Brake Kits and for some vehicles they offer a 2 piece disc as an OE replacement. However, these discs are usually $500+ a pair.

Here is the link to the stainless steel brake lines:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-251905.aspx

The package above is a discounted package.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SCS15
Thanks for the info, in your first post the only slotted rotors where the aero rotors and you state that they are 2 pc and fit stock calipers. Thats where the confusion came from. And none of your other rotors showed slotted only.

Either way, should receive my order in the next few days.
Sorry about the confusion. I see what you mean.

Thank you. I'm ready to ship when you order.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Cruising in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I need new brakes for my 2006 TL w/ Brembo's

I see you have the Brembo drilled rotors on your site - any advantages/disadvantages of the Brembo drilled to the Stoptech drilled rotors?
Only need front rotors and Stoptech and Brembo drilled are around the same pricepoint.

I also want SS lines, front and rear.

Lastly pads for the front and rear as well. My TL is a DD, no track use but I would like a rear pad with a bit more bite. Would you recommend these Stoptech performance pads over something like Hawk HPS?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by eh? spec
I need new brakes for my 2006 TL w/ Brembo's

I see you have the Brembo drilled rotors on your site - any advantages/disadvantages of the Brembo drilled to the Stoptech drilled rotors?
Only need front rotors and Stoptech and Brembo drilled are around the same pricepoint.

I also want SS lines, front and rear.

Lastly pads for the front and rear as well. My TL is a DD, no track use but I would like a rear pad with a bit more bite. Would you recommend these Stoptech performance pads over something like Hawk HPS?
I prefer STOPTECH because it is a better bang for the buck. The Brembo rotors are good rotors but the STOPTECH's are just as good but with less of a price tag. And they have the black coating on the hubs and vanes. They are also more readily available; Brembo has been back ordered a number of their discs for a while now including these.

We don't have the STOPTECH drilled discs listed on the website but they can be made. You can use the pricing for the drilled and slotted discs since it's basically the same.

You would need 1 of each of these below:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-282482.aspx

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-282483.aspx

I would highly recommend the STOPTECH performance pads: low dust, low noise, good initial bite and great long-term performance. And they are reasonably priced.

Front:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-336053.aspx

Rear:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-338741.aspx

For the brake lines we have our own brand, manufactured by a company who has been making DOT approved brake lines for many major companies for almost 30 years.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Cruising in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
I prefer STOPTECH because it is a better bang for the buck. The Brembo rotors are good rotors but the STOPTECH's are just as good but with less of a price tag. And they have the black coating on the hubs and vanes. They are also more readily available; Brembo has been back ordered a number of their discs for a while now including these.

We don't have the STOPTECH drilled discs listed on the website but they can be made. You can use the pricing for the drilled and slotted discs since it's basically the same.

You would need 1 of each of these below:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-282482.aspx

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-282483.aspx

I would highly recommend the STOPTECH performance pads: low dust, low noise, good initial bite and great long-term performance. And they are reasonably priced.

Front:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-336053.aspx

Rear:

For the brake lines we have our own brand, manufactured by a company who has been making DOT approved brake lines for many major companies for almost 30 years.

Thanks, I will go with all of the parts listed then. How can I order the STOPTECH drilled if theyre not listed on your website? Do I just add a note on the checkout or how will you know?
I will place the order today.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by eh? spec
Thanks, I will go with all of the parts listed then. How can I order the STOPTECH drilled if theyre not listed on your website? Do I just add a note on the checkout or how will you know?
I will place the order today.
Just order the parts we listed and specify you want drilled rotors in the Customer Comment box. Thank you.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is there any promo code available currently?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tonester
Is there any promo code available currently?
All of the pricing is discounted on the website for the STOPTECH/Powerslot rotors.

We also have brake packages for most Acura vehicles:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...m=brakepackage
Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
03 Boosted CLS

pm'd
Old 03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
how much for stoptech rears only drilled and slotted rotors and stoptech pads for an 05 tl 6MT ? shipped to 43230
Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you pm me a pricing for slotted front and rear rotors for my 06 rl. My oemwheelplus brake pads are still new, im pretty sure I can reuse them.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NBP_Aspec_05
how much for stoptech rears only drilled and slotted rotors and stoptech pads for an 05 tl 6MT ? shipped to 43230
You need 1 of each of the following (rear rotors and pads):

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-282480.aspx

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-282481.aspx

Just add each part to the shopping cart and put in your zip code for a shipping quote.

Quick Reply: EXCELERATE PERFORMANCE: StopTech Big Brake Kit, Rotors, Pads, and Brake Line Sale!!!