ANOTHER CT-E Supercharger thread! hear me out please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 02:11 AM
From a 2G to a 3G!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ANOTHER CT-E Supercharger thread! hear me out please!

I just spend 2-3 hours using search and reading up to 10 pages of superchargers experiences and whatnot..

Im thinking of buying the kit and not installing until I have these mods:

440cc RDX fuel injectors, Snow performance meth kit, and AEM FI/C.

I use my car as a DD, and I have 03_TLs used it for 4 years, 70k miles no problems.. I think I should be good, what do you guys think?

I want to thank some of the members so far that have answered my PMs with great help: AckTL, 03TL_S

Last edited by -MiG-; 01-26-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 434 Likes on 320 Posts
I'm assuming you're buying the kit from hustla.

I think it is reliable as you can get it from what I've researched.

As long as you use a good quality motor oil + ATF (redline ftmfw) + those parts, you should be fine for awhile.

Once or if you install it, you can ask members like IHC, OPEL, etc... They will know everything regarding it especially Opel which has the fastest S/C TL I believe.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:32 AM

Also getting a exhaust system would help greatly. RV6 V2/V3 Pre-Cats + RV6 V3 J-pipe + RV6 Dual or your custom 3" single or dual 2.5" would decrease restriction and help greatly for the S/C.

Change the 3rd and 4th solenoids to assure that your transmission is tip-top shape for the increase of TQ/HP.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 AM
From a 2G to a 3G!

What ive read so far Open was pushing the limits alot, thats why he had bad experiences that I know of, he seems like he knows his shit like crazy though..

What IHC was saying was that the CT-E was not really a complete "kit" since it needed more parts to make the kit realible.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
This is very debateable. The kit is a "compete" kit. There are a few people i have read about and talked to that have run just the kit from CTE with no other mods then exhaust. One person had it on for 105k before he sold the car. no damage to the engine or auto trans.
That being said i bought the follow to support the kit:
Meth Injection kit
PLX Wide Band
AEM True Boost Gauge
Taylor Battery Relocation Kit (To the truck with OEM size battery)
RV6 Pre Cat Deletes
High Flow 3rd Cat
Tsudo Exhaust System
Custom Cold Air Intake
Trans Cooler
Redline Racing ATF
As time goes on ill be adding the RDX injectors and AEM FIC but i want to get this up and running first. I have A LOT more knoledge when it comes to turbo setups but this seems like the best way to get the best power and still be reliable.
Lastly... i only take advise from people that have or have had the kit installed on their car... alot of people throw out what they "think" you should do or will happen.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 AM
From a 2G to a 3G!

Originally Posted by Comptechtl2367
This is very debateable. The kit is a "compete" kit. There are a few people i have read about and talked to that have run just the kit from CTE with no other mods then exhaust. One person had it on for 105k before he sold the car. no damage to the engine or auto trans.
That being said i bought the follow to support the kit:
Meth Injection kit
PLX Wide Band
AEM True Boost Gauge
RV6 Pre Cat Deletes
High Flow 3rd Cat
Tsudo Exhaust System
Custom Cold Air Intake
Trans Cooler
Redline Racing ATF
As time goes on ill be adding the RDX injectors and AEM FIC but i want to get this up and running first. I have A LOT more knoledge when it comes to turbo setups but this seems like the best way to get the best power and still be reliable.
Lastly... i only take advise from people that have or have had the kit installed on their car... alot of people throw out what they "think" you should do or will happen.

Damn you bought alot of supporting mods for it! The more the merrier i guess lol. Are you auto or MT?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

I am A/T. I went a bit overbard...ish. I wanted to make sure it was the safest setup i could make it but also make the most power. I have spent about 2-3 months sourcing parts used or at a discount... not made of money haha.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
if your not planning on using the HBP, then i would just go with the rsx-s injectors instead. they are direct PnP with zero modifications needed.

looks like you have everything else covered, wih the exception of the AEM extension harness that you need to have sent to paul (nva-av6) for wiring. oh and dont forget the tune all these things add up in the long run.

4 1/2 years strong with my SC and zero problems

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Once or if you install it, you can ask members like IHC, OPEL, etc... .
what am i chopped liver??

haha jk xD

Last edited by 04accordcpe; 01-26-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM
From a 2G to a 3G!

^^

Yeah I saw you ALL OVER the supercharger posts lol, oh so the RSX injectors dont need new clips like the RDX?

Also I didnt read up much on the AEM extension harness wanna help me out with that?

I spoke to another member that has had the SC for over a year with no problems and all he has is the meth kit and the greddy e-manage.. I will probably just do these 2 and do everything else little by little, what do you think 04accord?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
if your not planning on using the HBP, then i would just go with the rsx-s injectors instead. they are direct PnP with zero modifications needed.

looks like you have everything else covered, wih the exception of the AEM extension harness that you need to have sent to paul (nva-av6) for wiring. oh and dont forget the tune all these things add up in the long run.

4 1/2 years strong with my SC and zero problems

what am i chopped liver??

haha jk xD
haha I was about to add your name in the "etc" zone, but I forgot if it was a 05 coupe, 04 coupe, etc... lol
Old 01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
what everyone else reccomended was just about right..

what other mods do you have??

Meth Injection kit: aem or snow(either way get the selenoid)
PLX Wide Band / I prefer the aem but that just preference
AEM True Boost Gauge( any will do. it just to shopw you that your boosting, only hitting 5-6 psi doesnt require nothing crazy.)
^^ I would just get an optima battery.(no box and weighs a few lbs than oem battery i think)
RV6 Pre Cat Deletes: highly recomended
High Flow 3rd Cat: if you really notice smell/rasp etc.
Tsudo Exhaust System: not the best but def would upgrade from oem exhaust
Custom Cold Air Intake: the cte intake is useless.
Trans Cooler: and secondary magnifine trans filter.(extra safety)
Redline Racing ATF: seems to have a strong following, I have not used it myself.

another tip for AT guys is the whole lift while shift. the most crucial point is when the gears change. if you keep full throttle it will not have time to engage properly and can cause damage.

I was also using 10-30 reg not synthetic changing every 3k.

first thing i would def get is meth first and foremost.
injectors are only needed if you upgrade to fic..

Champ: mine sold already.thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Racer

i dont know too detailed but the rdx i believe have a better spray pattern etc. they can be had new for like 40 bucks each( or mine on the BM) all thats needed is sion tc clips which are less than 20.even though they are 410cc they still are "small" enough for correct idle

My opinion on the rsx is that the stock are 240 cc and the rsx-s are 310cc.(why upgrade only 70cc) if the stock is maxed the rsx will be roughly at like 80-90%.
the big problem I had was getting a set in good working condition. I bought two rsx not type s injectors( even tho the seller assured me they were type s) and it was a bit of a hassle.

I just went ahead and went w the rdx BNIB.

The thing i respect most about 04 accord is that all of his info and opinions are from experience and trail and error. he is someone to def ask for first hand advice.

the extension harness is needed to plug the fic to the ecu. It has to modified slightly by nva-av6 as previoulsy stated.

hope this helps
Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
My Fic is wired straight into the oem harness.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:43 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Originally Posted by -MiG-
^^

Yeah I saw you ALL OVER the supercharger posts lol, oh so the RSX injectors dont need new clips like the RDX?

Also I didnt read up much on the AEM extension harness wanna help me out with that?

I spoke to another member that has had the SC for over a year with no problems and all he has is the meth kit and the greddy e-manage.. I will probably just do these 2 and do everything else little by little, what do you think 04accord?
yes the rsx-s injectors are direct fit.. fyi, the RDX injectors do not need the clips. a few simple grinds to the bases and they will go right onto to the stock clips. its much easier this way and dont have to change the clips again if you do decide to go back to stock or rsx-s injectors.

go to the AEM website and look for the extension harness for your app. i made the mistake of buying the boomslang, which was wired wrong and had to have it rewired anyways from paul. not to mention its not as good of quality as the AEM. the block and wires are much thinner and proned to breaking if your not careful.

in regarded to the emanage, which one you thinking about going with? why not just go with the fic?

Originally Posted by handsom-hustla
i dont know too detailed but the rdx i believe have a better spray pattern etc. they can be had new for like 40 bucks each( or mine on the BM) all thats needed is sion tc clips which are less than 20.even though they are 410cc they still are "small" enough for correct idle

My opinion on the rsx is that the stock are 240 cc and the rsx-s are 310cc.(why upgrade only 70cc) if the stock is maxed the rsx will be roughly at like 80-90%.
the big problem I had was getting a set in good working condition. I bought two rsx not type s injectors( even tho the seller assured me they were type s) and it was a bit of a hassle.

I just went ahead and went w the rdx BNIB.

The thing i respect most about 04 accord is that all of his info and opinions are from experience and trail and error. he is someone to def ask for first hand advice.

the extension harness is needed to plug the fic to the ecu. It has to modified slightly by nva-av6 as previoulsy stated.

hope this helps
i ran the RDX injectors and we had a hella time tuning with them for my setup. couldnt get the thing to idle right and scaling them down became a hassle, but after installing the rsx-s injectors, the tuning was a breeze DC was around 76% which is right around the range you want. yes the RDX injectors are cheap new, but overkill if you decide to stick with the stock blower pulley. if you do decide to up the boost, then the RDX are definetly needed...

over the years, ive tried every possbile option that was available to us at the time. different injectors, different EMS (blue, ultimate, both alone and in combo) and for 3 years now, the fic. also, experimenting with different nozzle sizes for the meth kit and psi adjustment for when it sprays. been on the same tune for well over 2 years without a single issue
Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
From a 2G to a 3G!

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe

in regarded to the emanage, which one you thinking about going with? why not just go with the fic?

Yeah just googled the comparisons between both and came to the conclusion on the AEM FIC.

Im trying to get bmeyers S/C, but there is a pending sale, hopefully it falls through so I can get it! I got the cash patiently waiting lol..

It was hard to decide on what to get on the cash, either air run setup, wheels or the S/C.. I think I came to the right choice..

Very different routes and options, I know lol..
Old 01-26-2011, 05:40 PM

If you don't get the S/C, there will be another one in the future in the BM so don't worry.

Or you can always save up for the Turbo!

I'm waiting for IHC to get it before I get it. COME ON IHC
Old 01-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

What are the mods to the jumper harness people are talking about? if you buy it to fit a TL shouldnt it fit the TL?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:26 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

^ the AEM is simply an extension harness, so all the connections to the fic still need to be done. its made so you can have something PnP and not have to hack into the stock harness

the boomslang harness is supposed to be a direct jumper harness, but is not wired correctly and doesnt allow you to change the vtec engagement. i ended up sending mine to paul and he did a very professional job getting the wires in the right places. PLUS, he added a relay, so i have full control of where i want the vtec set at. his relay takes the ecu completely out of the loop as far as the vtec in concerned. you have to actually set the perameters before you do anything, otherwise vtec wont work at all.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Wow that is awesome! What does he charge for this? If i could get a pin out i would do it, but there are some things i would just rather have someone else do just so i dont have to, and the Vtec i have no idea how to do haha.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 AM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good luck, I actually bought the Snow meth kit but never installed it after debating comments here and also a couple of shops. If I was going to track my car or was 18 again I would definately install it.

The kit is really complete. I was on the conservative side and did not replace the injectors and use the provided ECU piggyback. AT with roughly 71K now. *Touch wood* no issues other then I am a moron and did not move my battery to the trunk on the original installation. A couple years later the small battery died and caused me major headaches. Got it in the trunk now and all is well.

The only thing I spent money on is the Nexus gauges. They are pretty cool. 7 color combos and they even take SD card so I can download all the recorded runs I do and view it on a pc. They also have a flash warning upon reaching threashholds.

I do have the custom intake, atlp jpipe & exhaust, deleted third cat.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Bent09,
How many miles have you put on your TL with this kit on it?
I have been up and down about the meth injection. I am planning on putting on the "stock" kit and get it dyno'd then put the intake, injectors, meth kit and F/IC to see how much that squeezes out of the kit. The person i talked to that had it on him car for over 105k had just the stock kit and exhaust work and never hurt anything.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Racer

^^ I am 100% for running a meth kit.. It is probably the single most crucial supporting mod for the sc. for an average of 350 bucks i feel its a no brainer to have. from lowering under hood temps, raising octane, helping against denotation etc its def worth it. mix with DISTILLED water
a brief story " I drove about 45 min to my buddies house, alot of stop a go, some open stretches etc.. when I arrived to his house I wanted to feel and see how hot things where. The sc and the engine were pretty much cool to the touch. leaving the car on idle we had a quick 15 min convo. after the convo I touched the sc and engine and they were both indeed hot"now thats just from idle. im not saying the engine should be freezing but it got so hot just from idling. now picture the temps after several runs. you can cook an egg in probably 1.4 sec.lol. no matter the kit make sure you get the snow selenoid,so that the meth doesnt get used while just at idle.

Paul charges 125/150 for modifying the harness.(his sn is nva-av6)

as far as the dyno, I would again install meth along with the stock kit if anything first. I also have never seen any install the ct cai, again you might as well get a custom one installed as well.

MIG: i dont think you listed it yet but what other mods do you have..
Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
horny =

Bent09,
How many miles have you put on your TL with this kit on it?
I have been up and down about the meth injection. I am planning on putting on the "stock" kit and get it dyno'd then put the intake, injectors, meth kit and F/IC to see how much that squeezes out of the kit. The person i talked to that had it on him car for over 105k had just the stock kit and exhaust work and never hurt anything.
Roughly 42, 000. I rarely drive it anymore. My wife and I car pool and our jeep is easier to get the kids in and out.

I will tell you, like hustla mention, the engine getsabsurdly hot. I plan on doing Innaccurates mod to the fron cowl to help. I might add the kit now that the engine is getting up in age.

Honestly the car is totally different in summer vs winter so the meth kit might help. Winter I have no surging and you have petal is much more sensitive. Summer time the car surges every now and again.

I can't stress enough move the battery!!!! Don't be an idiot like me
Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the advise guys! This is why i love this forum and the personal advise from people with the experence! Ill make sure to get a meth kit installed no matter what and i just ordered the battery box and 2 gauge wire. Ill most likely hold off on the injectors and FIC until mid to late summer.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
There will be some second hand FIC's and possibly harnesses up for sale soon.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:41 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
^^ yup.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thats what i am waiting for!!! If you have one send me a PM with a shipped price!

What size nozel/sprayer are people using with their met kits?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
bmeyer might have one now. I won't until the J&R unit is shipped and run for a while.

I'm thinking we'll see it in March and maybe have one for sale in May/June.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
@Comptechtl2367
AEM recommends the following jet sizes for their kit based on expected power levels:
<200hp - 130 cc/min
200-350hp - 315 cc/min
350-600hp - 550 cc/min

EDIT:
@KN_TL
I actually *just* sold mine last week. I should have my J&R unit in hand just as soon as R&D is done.

Last edited by bmeyer; 01-28-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

@KN_TL: Let me know what you would want for it with the harness, that timeframe would woke great

@bmeyer: Thanks for the info, i had no idea it was that easy... Ill have to get on one as soon as i get my tax return!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Former Whiner

Originally Posted by -MiG-
I want to thank some of the members so far that have answered my PMs with great help: AckTL, 03TL_S
Well.... fu too
Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 PM
From a 2G to a 3G!

Originally Posted by Souljah
Well.... fu too

LOL, Im sorry I missed you Souljah you were actually one of the first ones to give me good info!!

I second to what ComptechTL said, all you guys are great with the info!!

Im just completely undecided between staying safe and getting wheels or pulling the trigger on the charger
Old 01-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Racer

show vs go my friend.. any day..

these debates have instilled much fear in everyone's eyes as far as going FI.. We have to think that the majority of blown engines etc was when the kit was first initially being installed.most also went ahead and installed a hbp, just so they can make "more" power.(even though that extra power lasted for a week if that, then !!!)
People just bought the kit, PNP and thats it.. they felt bc ct makes it its 100 safe..and went out WOT everywhere. at the end of the day you just have to respect the car. some want the sc to race everything on the road( they will probably blow) others to have the power when they want it.(thats what I love about the sc, you can drive all day and not see boost). as a whole, we have come a long way, not all the way yet but soon.(improvements with the FIC, J&R stand alone ). hopefully after all these progressions we wil have minimal fear of complications with FI.( any time you go FI there is always a chance)
There are plenty of sc vehicles out there running fine with the acm and FIC. whats needed to make the sc kit "better" has been listed on this thread as well as many others.. in the end the decision is yours. Wish you luck....
Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Show > go?! What are we in highscool? I feel like 90% of people on this forum are scared of engine mods, real ones, not just exhaust and intake. You have to do the research and know what your doing before you ever boost and N/A car.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Does anyone on here that has a S/C know what size the belt is? The kit I bought didnt come the right size belt. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Goodyear Gatorback 94.5"
P/N: 4060945

I should note that I had some slippage when using this belt with the HBP. I was going to try the 94" and the 93.5" variants to see if I could stop the slippage, but I never got around to it.
Those P/N's are:
94": 4060940
93.5": 4060935

Last edited by bmeyer; 02-01-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thank you bmeyer! That was fast!
This is why i love this forum!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Racer

Show > go?! What are we in highscool? I feel like 90% of people on this forum are scared of engine mods, real ones, not just exhaust and intake. You have to do the research and know what your doing before you ever boost and N/A car.
I completely messed that up.. def meant to type go > show.. It was aimed at mig post in regards to him being torn between wheels vs sc..my b..
Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

So this week i have been slowly installing my S/C (cold as hell in WI, and we just got 18.8" of snow). Anyway i was going to try the idea that i would run my underdrive pulley and then run the HBP to see what kind of boost it would run. The shop that i am having it tuned at said it would most like run the stock boost if not a PSI more. I installed everything, went to put the belt on (that was a pain trying to figure out what belt i needed) and it wont work. with the new belt routing the belt touches between the idler on the engine and the tensioner. after looking at it for what felt like forever i noticed where the belt comes off the crank pulley is not at a steep enough angel which is causing it just to touch. Damn!
Oh well, putting the stock pulley and normal pulley back on the S/C. It was just a thought!