'04 6MT baseline dyno before mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 03:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by simione
Let's not forget that it was TUNED on Aem ems. Are there any other 3.2 dynos out there that have 270tq? If anyone could locate that, i'd like to see it
JHH OR JJH i believe
Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick
I have, but I've also seen 3.5s and 3.6s dyno 260-270wtq with apparently 'more mods' than P2Rs 3.2. Not to mention no other 3.2 has come close to 260, let alone 270. I certainly don't believe they lied, but I'm still skeptical that their 3.2 only had bolt ons just based on the fact that no other 3.2 has come close to those torque numbers.

Only reason I said anything is because I see you throwing around the 270 number like it's normal. Mid 240s is more of the norm for a bolt on J32 based on numerous dynos.
Those 3.5 and 3.6 might have more mods and money spent, but that doesn't really matter if you don't focus on and fix the restrictions in the intake and exhaust. P2R was just smarter about what to mod and spend money on. They knew where the restrictions were.

The reason you don't see same numbers posted here is because none of the 2nd Gen cl and tl guys have custom headers or are tuned on AEM. They just buy ebay headers and never tune. The ones that do proper builds all seem to go for stroker builds so no 3.2 numbers to post.

The more serious ppl do j swaps in other vehicles and sandrails. That is the place to look for numbers, but they are very secretive and don't post info.

Another reason could be because the newer j series have exhaust manifold built into heads. I don't think those heads have same torque potential as j32a2.

I posted about the 270 because ppl ask what is possible, not what is average. Ppl don't want to just be average.

My j32a2 made 245 wtq and that is with restrictions still in my intake and exhaust and no tune. There is definitely room for improvement.

I have never seen anyone post better than my 245 wtq on stock internal j32a2 untuned, but that does not mean I am at the limit.

I have plans for new intake setup, new header manifold, and tuning on AEM Infinity. After that I will know more about whether it is possible.

P2R car also has no A/C or Alternayor, etc. Does that translate to more power on dyno?

So my car put down 245 tq. P2R has a better intake setup, better exhaust setup, and are tuned on standalone. That is definitely worth something.

Last edited by brian6speed; 03-10-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:09 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by brian6speed
Those 3.5 and 3.6 might have more mods and money spent, but that doesn't really matter if you don't focus on and fix the restrictions in the intake and exhaust. P2R was just smarter about what to mod and spend money on. They knew where the restrictions were.

The reason you don't see same numbers posted here is because none of the 2nd Gen cl and tl guys have custom headers or are tuned on AEM. They just buy ebay headers and never tune. The ones that do proper builds all seem to go for stroker builds so no 3.2 numbers to post.

The more serious ppl do j swaps in other vehicles and sandrails. That is the place to look for numbers, but they are very secretive and don't post info.

Another reason could be because the newer j series have exhaust manifold built into heads. I don't think those heads have same torque potential as j32a2.

I posted about the 270 because ppl ask what is possible, not what is average. Ppl don't want to just be average.

My j32a2 made 245 wtq and that is with restrictions still in my intake and exhaust and no tune. There is definitely room for improvement.

I have never seen anyone post better than my 245 wtq on stock internal j32a2 untuned, but that does not mean I am at the limit.

I have plans for new intake setup, new header manifold, and tuning on AEM Infinity. After that I will know more about whether it is possible.

P2R car also has no A/C or Alternayor, etc. Does that translate to more power on dyno?

So my car put down 245 tq. P2R has a better intake setup, better exhaust setup, and are tuned on standalone. That is definitely worth something.
I hope you put down that much power. What surprises me though, is that P2Rs 3.2 dyno makes so much torque so low in the powerband. They make ~260wtq at 3K RPM. No custom header on a SOHC 3.2L all motor V6 is going to give you 40+ wtq over an existing header setup. Those torque numbers that low in the RPM band are the numbers 3.6L motors put out.

Anyway, I hope you prove me wrong.

OP, let us know when you do the PCDs!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick
I hope you put down that much power. What surprises me though, is that P2Rs 3.2 dyno makes so much torque so low in the powerband. They make ~260wtq at 3K RPM. No custom header on a SOHC 3.2L all motor V6 is going to give you 40+ wtq over an existing header setup. Those torque numbers that low in the RPM band are the numbers 3.6L motors put out.

Anyway, I hope you prove me wrong.

OP, let us know when you do the PCDs!
I agree it can seem shocking. Ppl will think it is even more shocking/unbelievable when they realize P2R removed the butterflies from intake that everyone says ruins low end torque. P2R told me it only affected torque below 2.5k rpm though.

One thing to keep in mind is P2R said the tune only netted 9whp or less gain peak, but around 40 whp under the curve. Not sure if same thing applies to torque, buy it seems like tuning makes huge gains under the curve, just not peak.

Last edited by brian6speed; 03-10-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:18 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by brian6speed
I agree it can seem shocking. Ppl will think it is even more shocking/unbelievable when they realize P2R removed the butterflies from intake that everyone says ruins low end torque. P2R told me it only affected torque below 2.5k rpm though.

One thing to keep in mind is P2R said the tune only netted 9whp or less gain peak, but around 40 whp under the curve. Not sure if same thing applies to torque, buy it seems like tuning makes huge gains under the curve, just not peak.
Agreed. I know they're different motors (marginally), but I gained nothing under the curve from my Dyno tune...lol.