Viper 5902 Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Viper 5902 Remote Start

Ok guys,

So im very interested in getting the new Viper 5902 Remote Start system but i have some questions that I need clarification on before I proceed with this. i know that JCJC2U did a very detailed install and DIY for us here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/very-detailed-install-viper-5901-remote-start-706816/

I have a 2005 TL A/T. Im going to use this as a guide for me install buti need to know from you guys who have this system or anything similar if:

1. Do you lose your memory seat settings?
2. What are my options for bypass modules that are needed to work with the Viper 5902?
3. Will/can the window roll down function still work/can work with the viper system and how?
4. This system has the ability to tell you temperature in the car and all that other stuff, what do i need to make that work if there are addons for this?
5. Any other useful information that you guys can provide.

I really want to get a jump on this within the next two weeks, getting a really good deal on the system but i cant find the answers to these questions. Thanks in advance guys!

Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, the one thing the install doesnt go into a lot of detail about is how to change the programming on the Viper unit to a automatic transmission car. Its set to a manual transmission car by default so it looks for a ground signal from the clutch switch. Once you set the Viper to automatic mode it will work properly. Just read the manual and find out which mode to put the Viper in to program it to.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i know its crazy expensive at a store
buy it on ebay and spend what ever is needed to have a pro install it for you
trust me.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
the 12volt.com has a lot of info you might want to use if you are going to install yourself

goodluck
Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 PM
2005 NBP TL 5AT w/ NAV

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maddsiick
Ok guys,

So im very interested in getting the new Viper 5902 Remote Start system but i have some questions that I need clarification on before I proceed with this. i know that JCJC2U did a very detailed install and DIY for us here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706816

I have a 2005 TL A/T. Im going to use this as a guide for me install buti need to know from you guys who have this system or anything similar if:

1. Do you lose your memory seat settings?
2. What are my options for bypass modules that are needed to work with the Viper 5902?
3. Will/can the window roll down function still work/can work with the viper system and how?
4. This system has the ability to tell you temperature in the car and all that other stuff, what do i need to make that work if there are addons for this?
5. Any other useful information that you guys can provide.

I really want to get a jump on this within the next two weeks, getting a really good deal on the system but i cant find the answers to these questions. Thanks in advance guys!

I also have a 2005 TL AT. I had a Viper 5901 installed. I believe the only difference between the 5902 and the 5901 is that the 02 has a color LCD remote.

1) I had my installer make the car pulse memory seat button 1 when I unlock the car. In this way I retained memory seat 1, and while I believe it's possible to retain both (using two different remotes), it's more complicated. For my purposes, pulsing memory seat 1 worked just fine.

2) I don't have many modules. I have the tilt sensor (so that if someone is jacking the car up, the alarm will trigger). I also have the glass break sensor. Both seem to work very nicely. I also have it trigger my defrosters (see 4), but I don't think that's a module

3) I believe they sell a window rollup and down module, however, my installer mapped an aux function to the key turn function (for roll down) and the opposite direction for roll up. Now this also means that I have to unlock the car before it will roll down, and conversely lock the car to roll it up. Both were in line with what I'd be doing anyway, so it wasn't a major concern for me.

4) I'm pretty sure the temperature module is included by default. From what I've found though, it gets pretty inaccurate, I find that it's about 15-20 F high (probably due to location). I'm not sure if it's a separate piece that can be relocated or if it's a part of the brain unit. However, I don't need to know the temperature inside of my car, that badly, it's mostly used to trigger the defrosters. So I had my installer set the trigger for the defrosters (front and rear window, not mirror) at 55 or 60 Degrees F. It's EXTREMELY useful and I think one of the best additions I asked for.

5) If you don't get any other aux functions (which can be a bit of a compromise and depending on how it's implemented can be much more expensive), I highly recommend the memory seat trigger and the defrosters. Everything else is just a nicety. There's also that smartstart thing if you have an iPHone or blackberry, although I believe after a certain period of time, a monthly plan is required.

I think someone mentioned it above, but, buy your parts online and then get someone to install it. I went with Best Buy only because I know they'll be around if/when the system acts up.

Another point is I believe you have to specifically ask (or at least I did) to be able to open your trunk while the system is armed. Otherwise you have to unlock then pop the trunk. I think someone made this recommendation on another alarm thread, I figured it couldn't hurt to make sure.

In total, I spent $800 between parts and labor. I'm not sure if I overpaid, but the job was done well. For reference, Tweeter (before they went bankrupt) wanted to charge me $1200 for just the basics.

Lastly, read the manual and keep that quick reference card in your wallet ... some of those functions are extremely handy and I tend to forget them (like full sensor bypass while keeping the car locked).
Old 04-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
^^ thanks man....i PMd you with some more questions...thanks for the answers