Viper 5902 Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper 5902 Alarm

Ok ladies and gents. My alarm system came in. I have the viper 5902. Options are tilt sensor, glass break sensor, paramater sensor, programable voice module, and the window controller module to roll down/up all windows. All components arrived in the course of 3 to 4 days since i'm in Hawaii. Along side that I've ordered the XK01 and the PKH34 modules. I was thinking of ordering the trunk kit but I'm sure I dont' need it since our cars have auto trunk locks so I'm guessing it should be fairly easy to install and should integrate well. I've noticed some members have installed the 5901 model and with different options. My question is... Has anyone installed the Viper 5902 with similar options such as mine into a 3g TL? Really want to install this asap but with all the options i got it's going to get fairly complicated. If at all possible if time persist maybe I'll do a sort of like a rough walk through on the install. It all depends on the time I have since I've hammered with work. Anyone out there got some ideas, pointers, hints, etc.... Feel free to chime in.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by PowerCommander
Ok ladies and gents. My alarm system came in. I have the viper 5902. Options are tilt sensor, glass break sensor, paramater sensor, programable voice module, and the window controller module to roll down/up all windows. All components arrived in the course of 3 to 4 days since i'm in Hawaii. Along side that I've ordered the XK01 and the PKH34 modules. I was thinking of ordering the trunk kit but I'm sure I dont' need it since our cars have auto trunk locks so I'm guessing it should be fairly easy to install and should integrate well. I've noticed some members have installed the 5901 model and with different options. My question is... Has anyone installed the Viper 5902 with similar options such as mine into a 3g TL? Really want to install this asap but with all the options i got it's going to get fairly complicated. If at all possible if time persist maybe I'll do a sort of like a rough walk through on the install. It all depends on the time I have since I've hammered with work. Anyone out there got some ideas, pointers, hints, etc.... Feel free to chime in.
Dude,

Why are you starting a separate thread for this in the wrong forum? The 5902 is identical to the 5901 except for the remotes. I've already offered the advice in the other thread you posted in that you should get a professional to do the install.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Dude,

Why are you starting a separate thread for this in the wrong forum? The 5902 is identical to the 5901 except for the remotes. I've already offered the advice in the other thread you posted in that you should get a professional to do the install.
Dude,

If you would take the time to read properly my question (Has anyone installed the Viper 5902 with similar options such as mine into a 3g TL?) noting also that I knew of others installing the 5901 read the question again. At the same time I'm really wondering if you know that for a fact that they are very identical except for the remote or just from what you read? Have you taken a look at the wiring harness or colors placing the two side by side? Just curious cause I do have the impression that yes basicaly the same. I agree with you that the biggest difference is the remote. My question was more on the 5902 with the options I have not if it's the same with 5901.Wrong forum? I thought this was the 3g forum? No? Hmn... My bad.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Race Director

If you had read through the other thread, you would know that I installed the Clifford 50.7x (identical to old 5901) with the same accessories: tilt and glass break. This install is not for the inexperienced. I don't say that to be mean, I say it to save you the major headache I think you're about to encounter.

Yes, according to everything I've read, the 5902 is identical to the latest version of the 5901.

As I recommended earlier, go over to the12volt.com car security forum and read up. There is an extended thread discussing 5901/5902.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
If you had read through the other thread, you would know that I installed the Clifford 50.7x (identical to old 5901) with the same accessories: tilt and glass break. This install is not for the inexperienced. I don't say that to be mean, I say it to save you the major headache I think you're about to encounter.

Yes, according to everything I've read, the 5902 is identical to the latest version of the 5901.

As I recommended earlier, go over to the12volt.com car security forum and read up. There is an extended thread discussing 5901/5902.
Again you missed the whole point. I have a 5902 not a 5901 or clifford 50.7x although basicaly the same I'm sure there are differences besides the remote. Reading so much does not give you correct field information. At the same time. I am an electronics techinician so yes I guess I am completely going to get a headache on this one with so few components. Yah I'll go and pay some other guy to do some half ass job likely messing things up along the way cuase i'm very inexperienced at eletronics. I might as well also have had and intaller redo my whole entire system while he's at it cause I did a messed up job. Thanks dude. You're encouraging. Don't take it personaly but seriously read my question again cause apparently you dont' understand it. It's a 5902 not a clifford or 5901 similar yes that I admit. Simply to put it Did anyone installed a 5902 on a 3g yet? Hopefully that you can understand. Oh and on top of that mr 12volt before starting this thread on here I've already gone through 12volt page and much of the people there installed 5901 and on top of the on other cars. So again my question was. Did anyone install a 5902 on a 3g?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Race Director

Let me try this again. DEI makes all three brands: Python, Clifford, and Viper. Each one has a model identical to a model of the other two brands, just a different brand name and model #.

For example, the Clifford 50.7x is the exact same unit as the Viper 5901 as the Python XXX(I forget what the model # is). It's just a marketing gimmick/strategy. Everything is identical except for the name. If you pulled the label off the units, you couldn't tell a difference. Same for the install manuals.

The 5902 has the exact same brain and wiring as the newer 5901. The only difference is the 5902 has a different antenna and a color remote.

There will be no difference between installing a 5902 or the newer 5901 in any car. None. Zero. Zilch.

You seem hellbent on doing it yourself, so good luck with that.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Race Director

Here's another link confirming no difference between the 5901 and 5902. And if you won't believe me, you can e-mail or call Directed yourself:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=65362
Old 09-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Race Director

Here's another from a Viper dealer:

http://forums..com/showpost.php?p=31919806&postcount=7

Bottom line, install techniques, hints, procedures will be the same for both models, so you don't need to have a write-up on a 5902 install in order to do this...